• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Pokémon Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are you the next Pokémon Master?

DOWNLOAD

Welcome to Dencia

A nice quiet region, where you have grown up with your many siblings for the last 10 years. Things however are about to take a rather drastic turn.
A new evil team is on the rise, and a gym circuit has in recent years been established. Now it's time for YOU to shine
Your objective is simple - take on gym circuit, catch a partner for life and perhaps take down an evil team or two.

Features
Please note all features are not finalised and are subject to change
  • 1 gym
  • Grass fighting system
  • Trainer fighting system
  • PVP
  • Over 100 Pokémons
  • Over 200 abilities
  • Every NPC has something to say
  • Pokemon Eggs

XgIrd8j.jpg
[c]
qEcnJpe.jpg
[c]
0TlW71M.jpg
[r]
ocF1Lrq.jpg
[c]
WIvHF8F.jpg
[c]
pKBbaIJ.jpg
QpLp58z.jpg
[c]
4CPaIvf.jpg
[c]
9396eSS.jpg
4rJrdF6.jpg
TVQ8IlT.jpg
ZJkU8Zt.png

Bug fixes:
Fixed the camera not returning upon the ending of a battle.
Tournament timer not working propperly
Fixed a trainer name added a new and removed one.
Bonuses:
You are now given 3 pokeballs and 3 potions at the start.

Special Thanks

I would like to thank the following people:
Nightbrowler
you helped make the base of the map. It was buggy as hell, but I have finally rewritten most of the old code. Thanks man.
Yeran
For all of your awesome inputs - they have all been needed.

Last edited:
Level 30
A very interesting project. I seriously loved Pokemon games in Warcraft for it brings me back to my childhood, 5-10 years old and it's quite astounding to see Pokemon in Warcraft still.

This looks very promising. I shall give you my feedback regarding the demo map soon.

Good job!

Level 1
1st bug..
i havnt tried with the other starters but everytime i go into battle with charmander... after i win trainer doesnt go back to the grass area and he stays in battle mode and gets stuck there... ill try the other starters if its the same with them

Level 28
We did try this before with RC when its still buggy as hell. I'm really glad that you're still sticking on this project. We need a real pokemon map and this is probably the one with the most potential.

The terrain have a lot of room for improvements but I didn't mind it that much when we played it before since it have a very fun gameplay (and bugs *shot*).

Subscribing.

Level 5
I love how people pretend not to know that Pokémon is copyrighted. Well I guess as long as you avoid using the models you can always change the name if you are complained at.

Generally they have actually "allowed" fan games to exist as long as they fulfilled a few criterias.
The main one being that you do not accept donations/get paid for your work.

A reason shutdown was the custom game Pokémon Melanite whilst Pokemon Zeta and Omicron as well as Pokémon Goodra hasen't been shut down and they have tons of more content.

Level 10
Looks promising, and I really like the gameplay. I found some bugs:
  • If a pokemon is out when capturing pokemon, trainer isn't given its pokeball and therefore that pokemon is lost.
  • Some abilities may capture pokemon (including tackle, bite, screech and probably others)
  • Sometimes inactivity timer is started after battle outside the arena.
  • Zubat's life drain heals way more than 7.5% and doesn't have a suitable icon (probably a mistake)
  • When pokemon are healed after defeat, pokeball containing dead pokemon isn't removed (probably when you don't have ball bag open).
  • Masterball isn't removed when capturing pokemon.
  • Some cave exits don't work or teleport to wrong place on the way to first gym.
  • Water gym leader (and possibly others) can be battled again after victory
  • Tackle sometimes heale the opponent.
  • Bubble deals hardly any damage, even if target isn't strong against water.
  • Rock blast doesn't always deal damage.
  • Actually this seems to apply to nearly all abilities, maybe it's about resistance.
  • Pokemon learn abilities that they shouldn't when evolving. E.g. frost fang on graveler or razor leaf and hypnosis on golbat. Also when zubat learns bite, these abilities are in the list of deletable abilities.
  • When opponent trainer summons a pokemon, it takes damage from the spell which killed the last pokemon.

Level 1
o: i've played this map when it was so buggy, we play a lot with friends but get raged every time it crash, hope now doesn't crash anymore.
Btw Link is broken? i can't download it... I wanna test it maybe i could get the bugs and why since i made games n' scripts for rmvxa engine (i know is not the same, but i have a lot of knowedge on programing)
Sry for my english>: good luck on the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.