• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Pirate's Age Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
you cannot expect that someone spends his free time for something like that. i mean, a tail needs an animation, otherwise it looks ugly i think, which makes the whole thing time consuming. i'd really like to help you with the project, but i already told you that i have no time until february :/

i know... i want something very simple like the examples i gave... maybe i will change the skin of this ones, to make others i dont know yet...

and the first dungeon of the game is 40%!!!

Last edited:
Level 10
soon i will post more screenshots of the new island and d1...

im thinking for a beta from level 1 to 25... with a total of 8 bosses!
what do you think people?

1° area (turtle rock island)
-equips, items, quests.
-wolf / turtle ~ level 1-5
-boss: giant turtle / ancient wolf ~ level 10-11

2° area (claw island)
-equips, items, quests.
-lobster / treant ~ level 6-7
-boss: lobster king ~ level 14

3° area (Bandit Cave)
-items, quests.
-Bandit Outsider / bandit ranger~ level 8-9

4° area (the bandit cave)
-quests
-bandit dungeon / bandit dungeon 2 ~ level 11-12
-boss: capitain Krul / lord Avars / Master Bouxir ~ level 15-18

5° area (blueman Island)
-equips, items, quests.
-Red turtle / crab / frogman green / frogman orange ~ level 14-15-16-17
-boss: Frog Assassin ~ level 20

6° area (frogman island)
-quests
-teal frog / lightgreen frog / big orange frog ~ level 18-19-20
-boss: Frog King Xlub

7° area (Dark's Tavern)
-equips, items, quests.

Last edited:
Level 10
Here is the new prints of the terrains... ^^

Attachments

• vila dos cra 3.jpg
    vila dos cra 3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 898
  • vila dos cra.jpg
    vila dos cra.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 882
  • vila dos cra 2.jpg
    vila dos cra 2.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 880
  • casa 2.jpg
    casa 2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 212
  • ilha dos bandidos 2.jpg
    ilha dos bandidos 2.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 574
  • ilha dos bandidos.jpg
    ilha dos bandidos.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 584
  • dungeon dos bandidos.jpg
    dungeon dos bandidos.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 627
  • dungeon dos bandidos 3.jpg
    dungeon dos bandidos 3.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 580
  • dungeon dos bandidos 2.jpg
    dungeon dos bandidos 2.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 598
  • dungeon dos bandidos 4.jpg
    dungeon dos bandidos 4.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 587
  • casa.jpg
    casa.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 193
  • karmush new 2.jpg
    karmush new 2.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 885
  • karmush new 3 .jpg
    karmush new 3 .jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 898
  • karmush new.jpg
    karmush new.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:
Level 10
The terrain isn't half bad. I think you've improved quite a lot.

Quest ideas? main quest line or optional ones?

yes normal quests! the main quests i need to think better about the story line and the sequence of the islands...

Try using Fingolfin's tree models, especially the oak ones (1, 2 ,3). Those would fit perfectly, especially given the pirate theme you're aiming for.

The current ones are too low-ish tbh.

___

Good luck :)

cool that trees are very cool i will take a look at their size and if they will fit in the map! maybe not in the first island but in the new ones maybe :D

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

icons_5607_btn.jpg

Haunted

A shaman has given you a powerful talisman allowing you to draw out evil spirits from bodies.
Use the item on X allies and slay the haunting creatures that are summoned by the item.

icons_14988_btn.jpg

Mrglgl!

You've encoutered a dwarven researcher who is interested in the murloc society.
He bought a magical potion from a mage that makes you look like a murloc for a while.
Drink the potion and infiltrade a nearby murloc tribe. While you're there you can steal plenty of treasure. But if you get caught..

icons_3200_btn.jpg

[Followup]Titanic Artifacts

The researcher has asked you to enter a long abandoned temple.
Apparently there is a titan [boss] golem guarding it, not allowing anyone to come close enough to examine the goods.

icons_17611_btn.jpg

Sea Witch

Apparently a sea witch has been angered by pirates waging war in her waters.
In order to gain passage over the river you'll have to bring her water from either a heatlh or mana fountain.
By bringing her the water she'll be able to summon guardians to keep order within her waters.

icons_16886_btn.jpg

Page Collection

You've found an enchanted book but some pages are missing! Find the x missing papers by killing mobs and/or search all over the area to gather them.
Upon combining the pages the complete book will increase your main stat by X.

icons_17781_btn.jpg

Tournament

You've heared a about the humans hosting a battle tournament in the nearby town.
The winner will get a golden orb of great value! (sell to merchant for gold)
However, be careful. If you use your signature moves you might be suspected of piracy by the guards.

icons_16807_btn.jpg

Broken Gears

A miner's drill has broken and he can no longer earn money due his lack of material.
In order to help him, kill nearby stone golems and loot X of their cores.
Once you've obtained the cores bring it to a blacksmith in any town to create the parts required to fix the machine.

icons_5726_btn.jpg

A Deadly Spice

The recent activities of a powerful ogre clan has been more aggressive as of late.
Due their amazing strength it's nearly impossible to face them head on in battle without losing twice as many yourself.
Therefore, you're asked to enter their main camp and poison their food.

icons_6808_btn.jpg

The Brotherhood

There've been rumors about a assassin organization who're targeting successful merchants.
The merchants' deaths heavily reduce the number of caravans and transports ships in the local area and therefore making less targets for 'honorable' pirates like you.
Find a member of the organization and find out about their leader.

icons_6809_btn.jpg

[followup] Disposal

Now that you know about the organization's leader, you can.. take care of things. By killing the leader you'll gain the option to become their new leader.
The benefit of accepting the leadership would be many. You'd get a percentage of the organization's income every once in a while and also access to all of their information.
You can also use their men as bodyguards (this reduce the income).

icons_13938_btn.jpg

Ritual

You find a mysterious altar with a dead body in front of it. The corpse look scorched but yet it lies in a pool of water.
When you approach the altar two raging elementals that are battling each other slowly become visible to you.
Kill one of them, and the other one will grant you his favor. (orb of fire/water)

icons_13764_btn.jpg

Mysterious Mask

You've found a seemingly useless wooden mask.
However you certainly feel some energy within that mask. You decide to discover the secret of this mask and need to look for someone who might know about this mask. (seek out an historian)

icons_13764_btn.jpg

[Followup]Ancients

An historian claims that the mask is from an ancient religion which worshiped a demi god. If you bring the mask to one of their shines something might happen.

icons_15521_btn.jpg

[Followup]The Summoning

By bringing the mask to the one remaining shrine of the long lost religion you can hear a voice from the mask.
The mask asks you to gather X roots from nearby trees that've come to life when the shrine activated.

icons_15913_btn.jpg

[Followup]Pledge

Once the roots are placed at the shrine together with the mask they merge, reforming the mask back to it's original state.
If you choose to pledge yourself as a servant of the Demigod within the mask you'll be able to activate the mask to gain the Demigod's protection.(a temporary absorb shield.)

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
icons_5607_btn.jpg
HauntedA shaman has given you a powerful talisman allowing you to draw out evil spirits from bodies.
Use the item on X allies and slay the haunting creatures that are summoned by the item.
icons_17611_btn.jpg
Sea WitchApparently a sea witch has been angered by pirates waging war in her waters.
In order to gain passage over the river you'll have to bring her water from either a heatlh or mana fountain.
By bringing her the water she'll be able to summon guardians to keep order within her waters.
icons_16886_btn.jpg
Page Collection You've found an enchanted book but some pages are missing! Find the x missing papers by killing mobs and/or search all over the area to gather them.
icons_16807_btn.jpg
Broken GearsA miner's drill has broken and he can no longer earn money due his lack of material.
Once you've obtained the cores bring it to a blacksmith in any town to create the parts required to fix the machine.

The quests you have suggested re good, but most of them are fetch quests that get boring when they're the same thing with just different make up, butvi love that shaman quet though sounds intresting.

Level 10
icons_5607_btn.jpg
HauntedA shaman has given you a powerful talisman allowing you to draw out evil spirits from bodies.
icons_14988_btn.jpg
Mrglgl!You've encoutered a dwarven researcher who is interested in the murloc society.
He bought a magical potion from a mage that makes you look like a murloc for a while.
Drink the potion and infiltrade a nearby murloc tribe. While you're there you can steal plenty of treasure. But if you get caught..
icons_3200_btn.jpg
[Followup]Titanic Artifacts The researcher has asked you to enter a long abandoned temple.
Apparently there is a titan [boss] golem guarding it, not allowing anyone to come close enough to examine the goods.
icons_17611_btn.jpg
Sea WitchApparently a sea witch has been angered by pirates waging war in her waters.
icons_16886_btn.jpg
Page Collection You've found an enchanted book but some pages are missing! Find the x missing papers by killing mobs and/or search all over the area to gather them.
icons_17781_btn.jpg
TournamentYou've heared a about the humans hosting a battle tournament in the nearby town.
The winner will get a golden orb of great value! (sell to merchant for gold)
However, be careful. If you use your signature moves you might be suspected of piracy by the guards.
icons_16807_btn.jpg
Broken GearsA miner's drill has broken and he can no longer earn money due his lack of material.

loved the idea! :D

-the murlocs for the blueman's island will be in 2 parts...
1° you hunt them in blueman's island them you kill the first murloc boss
2° you murloc's quest ^^
3° go to the murloc's island and kill the last murloc boss and some normal murlocs

- the titan for the giant's island would be great

- the sea witch i need to find a place for her first...

- page collection could be in the bandit's dungeon but it wont give stats bonus... maybe an acessory or something else

- the tournament fit very well in the capital city... but it not done yet ;/

- the miner in the new content like the capital city ^^

here is a list of mobs and boss that will have in the 1° version of the map (in beta and official first release) :

[Kamush island]
- young wolf (level 1)
- wolf (level 2)
- sea turtle (level 3)
- Ancient Turtle (level 9 - boss)
- Giant Wolf (level 11 - boss)

[Crab's cove]
- orange crab (level 4)
- purple crab (level 5)

[Bandit's Island]
(im looking for a better name for that island...)
- bandit (level 8 - dungeon mob)
- brigand (level 9 - dungeon mob)
- Emanus (level 13 - dungeon boss)
- Araito (level 14 - dungeon boss)
- Lord Craven the titan (level 15 - dungeon boss)

[Swampgrass]
- Lobster runner (level 8)
- Lobster trickster (level 9)
- Mysterious Tree (level 7)
- Mars the tidal lord (level 13 - boss)

[Viston Island]
- redskin turtle (level 11)
- spider crab (level 12)
- Frogman Greskin (level 13)
- Frogman Oranskin (level 14)
- The nightcrawler (level 15 - boss)

[Frog's oasis]
- Frogman Tidewarrior (level 16)
- Frogman Tiderunner (level 17)
- Frogman Huntsman (level 18)
- The mystic (level 20 - boss)

the image of the monsters of the list in the sequence that i wrote above :
attachment.php

in the first version i was thinking about max level = 25

Attachments

• monsters.jpg
    monsters.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 256
Level 10
wow you managed to find a way to make them all suit in.. other than the one I liked the most out of them. Achievement unlocked.

Seriously though, you dont need to use them.. they're just suggestions.

but i liked your ideas... and i can use all of them ^^
the screenshots of the monsters and boss is for you all sugest quests and equips for the first content! ^^

i will post the new interior that i was testing and in the bandit cave... i hope you like it! :D
i will put them in the place of the others in the first post ^^

the bandit cave still not ready... its under development... :D

Attachments

• casanova1.jpg
    casanova1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 747
  • casanova2.jpg
    casanova2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 714
  • casanova3.jpg
    casanova3.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 707
  • improvedpiratecave1.jpg
    improvedpiratecave1.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 473
  • improvedpiratecave2.jpg
    improvedpiratecave2.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 441
Level 10
Sweet stuff. I've been outdone.
That's not really an achievement though

Yay.. I might throw up some more ideas then.. will edit the original post.

edit: ok, done. I added 'a few' more quest ideas. I know that my ideas are.. kinda odd, but I prefer odd ideas in front of not-so-unique ideas.

thank you a lot... i liked so much your quests ^^
now i need to think where i will fit some of them...

Anyone could give me an idea of how the magical fruits will drop?
i mean i thinked about that

-some fruits drop from mobs but are extremely rare (like 1% chance drop)
-some fruits drop only from boss (5% chance drop)
-some fruits is from extremely hard quests but still have a rare chance to get (like 2% chance to get)

what do you think??

Level 10
1% for mobs is way too much compared to the 5% of bosses i think.
maybe like 0.1%

yes i will need to balance the item drop... but the fruits will be very very very rare... ^^
so it will be hard in a party find 2 players with the same fruit...
i will post some of them later ^^

HERE THE FRUITS AND THEIR NAMES:
but i wont tell what each does... you all will have to discover ^^

attachment.php

Attachments

• fruits.jpg
    fruits.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 6
Idea Factory:

* 5+ Players for doing a boss. [Like in WoW - Raid-ing]
* Professions Prof. [ Like in WoW / Conquer Online]
* Harden the EXP Gain.
* Fishing Profession. [With Fishing Spots and Quests for Rep / Reward]
* Crafting Profession.
* Survival MODE [ Do ........ Stuff to survive; Food/Water/Sleep]
* Total Playtime Counter. [Saveable and Award-able]
* Lost Treasure. [Map with Coordinates]
* Player versus Player Arena. [2v2/3v3/1v1; PvP Shop / Points / Titles / Bonuses/ - Stats like in Terrania for each rank-up]
* Hidden Merchants. [I highly appoint to this point; Selling Secret Items / Quest items / Quest NPCs / Professions Trainers ]

I'd really like to see this map released.

Level 10
Idea Factory:

* 5+ Players for doing a boss. [Like in WoW - Raid-ing]
* Professions Prof. [ Like in WoW / Conquer Online]
* Harden the EXP Gain.
* Fishing Profession. [With Fishing Spots and Quests for Rep / Reward]
* Crafting Profession.
* Survival MODE [ Do ........ Stuff to survive; Food/Water/Sleep]
* Total Playtime Counter. [Saveable and Award-able]
* Lost Treasure. [Map with Coordinates]
* Player versus Player Arena. [2v2/3v3/1v1; PvP Shop / Points / Titles / Bonuses/ - Stats like in Terrania for each rank-up]
* Hidden Merchants. [I highly appoint to this point; Selling Secret Items / Quest items / Quest NPCs / Professions Trainers ]

I'd really like to see this map released.

that's really nice!
-the arena will of course have...
-hidden merchants and quests
-boss will be all to be done for 3 or 4 ++ people depend on the boss
-the others need time ^^

Level 2
Hey I think there should be some single player aspects in the game like questing... I think there should be another type of quest called 'Missions' which require a group but rewards very well.

The fruit system is so cool man, ahh you should tell us what the fruits do xD (some of them maybe, make some of them rare). It will be sad to lose your current fruit power to get one you don't really want to use lol.

Please finish this, or release a beta soon! A One P ORPG is almost to good to be true xD

Level 10
Hey I think there should be some single player aspects in the game like questing... I think there should be another type of quest called 'Missions' which require a group but rewards very well.

The fruit system is so cool man, ahh you should tell us what the fruits do xD (some of them maybe, make some of them rare). It will be sad to lose your current fruit power to get one you don't really want to use lol.

Please finish this, or release a beta soon! A One P ORPG is almost to good to be true xD

yes will have many quests for leveling and some group quests too ^^
yes many of the fruits will be very rare.... but i can't tell what they do.... you will have to discover! ^^

Level 10
some new screenshots for viston island, black tavern, bandit island and the bandit's cave... take a look ^^
(the screenshots are a little bugged because of me just ignore that!)

now more 3 interior for vistom island is coming... (updates for swampgrass island and interior of black tavern coming soon!)

Level 21
some new screenshots for viston island, black tavern, bandit island and the bandit's cave... take a look ^^
(the screenshots are a little bugged because of me just ignore that!)

now more 3 interior for vistom island is coming... (updates for swampgrass island and interior of black tavern coming soon!)
Nice to see this is still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.