• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirate Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
NOTE THAT THIS PAGE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT!

316tb9z.png

StartusOffline
Players1 - 2

Type of map
SPRPG/ORPG
Working ontalent/combat system

xn6dk5.png

Pirate wars is a newly created map. it will be be a single-player rpg but i wil enable a 2 player mode so you can play it with a friend.
The goal with this map is to create a fun and unique map that any type of player can enjoy. I will only support the single player mode the 2 player mode is just because idont want comments such as "MAKE A MULTIPLAYER VERSION!!11!", so the balancing will be in single player mode only.

16 unique heroes16 unique heroes to play
Full screen hero selectionA full screen hero selction insted of boring taverns
Combat systenDetects entering combat and disables some abilitys like sleep
Ship battle systemA special battle system between ships (boarding)
Unique questsVery unique quests
Companion systemThis system allows you to have a pet as companion not only attacking it increase your stats
proffesions Proffesions like blacksmithing,alchemy,sage craft
Item set bonusessome items are a part of a item set it will give some stat bonuses or even a chance on hit
Hard mode and normal mode dungeonsDungeons in diferent modes and you may only upgrade your items to the highest level in hard mode
minigames as i said before there will be unique quests.
Day-Night systemsome units,items,secrets will only be available
Item upgrade systemAllows you too upgrade your items to higher levels basicly increase the stats
Reputation systemKilling and completeing quests will decrease and increase the Reputation with specific factions

20ifazs.png

I wont preview the abilitys yet since this may change alot until release/beta

the current (done) heroes i got yet is;

Blaze Ranger
Dualist

2w6xjdw.png

211785-albums5435-picture57179.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57178.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57177.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57176.jpg

24e9p2d.png

Chaosy - Project leader
BloodElf300 - Idea maker
assasin-creed- idea maker
Zlowly - beta tester
sonofsay - terainer

29mnncx.png

At the moment we are looking for any kind of member to join the crew just post the format in this thread or to me in a pm.
Coder
Modeler
2d artist
Testers
Idea makers
Terainer

Name;
Age;
skype name;
How active are you?;
Wich position do you want?;
Why should i choose you insted of someone else?;
send me a sample of your work

10yqgif.png

-kobas-
KelThuzad

Support us!

[ URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/pirate-wars-213060/"][ IMG ]http://i40.tinypic.com/316tb9z.png[ /IMG ][ /URL ]

Last edited:
Level 28
are this dead now?

I guess no, first post had been edited on March 20 its just been a week since he updated.

Name: Jayson
skype name: I'll make a account soon, my father want to chat with us with skype
How active are you: Everyday
Wich position do you want?: Terrainer
Why should i choose you insted of someone else?: Err, no one is applying and I don't want to see a project die because no one apply on a position that I can do.
send me a sample of your work: Errh, I don't have a latest picture uploaded right now this are my training terrain.

*here is my some of my terrain on a non-playable on multiplayer melee map. Click Here

* Some random terrain Just Clicked here

And my current project is Project Ghost

Oh maybe you will asked why I will work on a project while I have my own.
Then here is the answer I will die of boredom if I work on one terrain at a time.

Level 11
Then here is the answer I will die of boredom if I work on one terrain at a time.

Is this how you get rid of boredum from mass terraining a huge map?

This reminds me of a game that is already made but I forgot the name.

Name:Caleb
skype name: I have steam and xfire but no skype.
How active are you?:Damn active.
Wich position do you want?:GUI triggerer, Tester, Idea maker.
Why should i choose you instead of someone else? I'm the only one applying for GUI triggerer so far? o-O

I'm at school and can't send examples right now :/.

Level 28
Is this how you get rid of boredum from mass terraining a huge map?

Main reason is I terrain so fast, when somethings come to my mind, I can do it quickly, but for my project ghost, hell yeah it will take months.

On-topic:
Hey Darkgrom just send me a sketch of the terrain if the project will start. I hope not tomorrow or the other day I'm doing the terrain of Peacehagen for his Rise of the Corruptor ORPG :grin: XD

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@creed, i assume you have made a few spells during your 2 years, and thats the thing i need most it will be some abilitys for 14 heroes. If you know you can do this i can you a request for one of my abilitys i need to prove your skills. If you want a proof of mine i can send you one.

@sonofjay, noes if i draw a cat it looks like a dead crow.
anyway i will try to make it as good as i can

Level 16
EDIT:

Reserved for terrain screenshots!

WIP SCREEN, have a chance to be change depends on darkgrom's liking
211785-albums5435-picture57179.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57178.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57177.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57176.jpg

The buildings are too dark in comparison to everything else. It looks like you turned down the rgb values to like 80 on a regular doodad. Make it brighter. The tree roots going into the water is odd to me. The only tree I know that the roots ever go into water like that is the Willow, and those are not Willows. Otherwise, a very solid job on the terrain. Lighting is good, except the buildings. Also that tree model works suprisingly well with the sand. Very solid.

Level 6
I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh. But I feel like there is a lack of distinctive eye candy within the terrain. I feel like I'm looking at another 'lack of creativity' map. Just throwing an opinion out there to help, not to offend.

Level 28
@atticus, its okay you don't sound offending, criticism is open on this thread

those pictures are all wip screen shots and will be improved more, I need to send the map to darkgrom since he will start to put the triggers. He'll just send it back to me so I can finish decorating the terrain.

EDIT:
Also this kind of projects are the one who only takes less time to finish..

EDIT:
Also dark, will you use a camera system for this? like 3rd person or others? The terrain will really fit for a 3rd person especially on the forest, since I only have small space to work on it. But if you'll not use any kind of camera system, I'll remake the forest and will give more space on it, so trees won't block the normal warcraft 3 camera view.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
My computer is haveing problems i am probaly going to reinstall the whole sh*t. atm im at school thats why i can write this.

@sonofjay just go on with the improvements i told you and the advice from the kind members who commented above. not wait for my map

Will take a few days before i can make some progress on the map i guess -.-

Level 2
I'd be happy to help Idea Making, if you still need one. I'll... even suggest something right now, I suppose! I'm guessing you'll be using a standard four skill, one innate passive set.

Ode, the Dishonest Duellist

Innate - Dirty Dancing
Ode gains [1/2/3%] dodge chance whenever Ode is hit by an attack. Maximum of ten stacks. This skill levels up at levels 5 and 10.
"Q" / First Skill - Tainted Edge
Ode's attacks cause the target to be slowed by [20/30/40/50%] and deal [22/24/26/28/30] less damage with every attack. This effect can stack [4] times, however it will only slow at a maximum of [70%]. White scaling stays the same, pink scaling levels up with the ability's levels, and yellow scaling levels up at levels 5, 10, and 15.
"W" / Second Skill - Offbalance
Ode knocks the target offbalance, stunning them for [2/3/4/5/6] seconds. Whenever they are attacked while stunned, increase the duration by [1] second. Ode has [15/25/35/45%] higher critical chance against stunned targets.
"E" / Third Skill - Slice and Dice
Ode attacks the target twice in rapid succession, dealing [200%] normal damage on each attack. These attacks have the ability to critically hit if at least one level in Offbalance has been taken. If they critically hit, reduce all cool downs by [2/3/4/5/6] seconds.
"R" Ultimate Skill - Demonic Dive
Ode moves [450] units forward and deals [100/200/300/400] + [20/50/80%] damage to enemies in a cone at the end of the dive. If Ode kills an enemy hero with this skill, reset all other cooldowns.

Level 9
I don't want to apply (because it's a rough month this is). But I will give you 2 Heroes.

Ok, my 2 Heroes has 4 skills (3 Normal 1 Ultimate).

Gamble - Throws away [5/6/7]% of his money and deals it as damage. It will knockback the unit [300/400/500] units away.

Natural Thief - [2/3/4]% chance of stealing [2/4/6]% of opponent's money and ministuns them for .6 seconds.

Double-Edged Treasure - Kills an enemy unit and steals [4/5/6]% of his/her money. Nearby enemies will gain 10% attackspeed and 5% greater attack power for [50/55/60] seconds.

Bounty Hunt - Tracks down an enemy hero, revealing him for [20/25/30] seconds even if invisible. If the unit is killed you will gain 10% of his/her gold. This skill will not work if the hero's life is less than [70/65/60]%

Lady's Innocence - A woman is rare on a pirate world and usually ignored. Gives Sylinna [12/15/18]% to dodge attacks.

Reverse Damage - Sylinna endures for [5/6/7] seconds and releases it [1.2/1.3/1.4]x greater on all enemies on [500/550/600] AoE. If Sylinna dies during the Process, her units' attacks will [10/12/15]% lower for [30/45/60] seconds.

Charm - All enemies (except Heroes) around [300/350/400] AoE in Sylinna will be attacking enemy units for [5/6/7] seconds. Afterwhich, the survivors will have 10% bonus attackspeed until they die.

Scream of Sylinna - She and her units will be 10% faster attackspeed 5% bigger attack for 50 seconds. Additionally, if any unit is near Sylinna in 200 AoE, they will be permanently hers without the survivor bonus (up to 5).

-----------------
So, there you go!~

*Da Fist*

Level 15
Name; Frank
Age; 17
skype name; lightskiin (PS. In case you might want to talk, I speak spanish and english).
How active are you?; normally everyday except saturdays or friday nights
Wich position do you want?; terrainer/2d artist
Why should i choose you insted of someone else?; there's no real reason for choosing me instead of someone else; I'm just giving away some help in case you might need it.
I'm actually working on the terrain of a map; screenies attached.
It's actually a WIP, I need to add tons of more doodads and still have to raise/lower the land so it looks, you know, realistic.

And for 2dart, I mostly do Icons, you can look for them in my resource section. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/lightskin/)

Attachments

• scren1.jpg
    scren1.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 76
  • scren2.jpg
    scren2.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 86
  • scren3.jpg
    scren3.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.