• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Current project status: Dead
pandarenrpg.png

Map project by FrIkY and Debode

Introduction

"Pandaren RPG" is a single player RPG map for Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. It's been more than a year since I've been working on it and I will work on it even longer if that is what it takes to become an awesome map. Map isn't finished yet, I'm gonna need some help with triggers, quests, cinematic events etc. Story takes place in Pandaria in the time of Burning Legion's invasion and the main characters here are Pandarens, of course. You can choose up to 9 heroes, 3 heroes of each primary attribute, Might, Dexterity and Wisdom. Your main goal is to find Pandamonium and use it's power to vanquish the demons that brought chaos and destruction to Pandaria...

Story

The pandaren hail from Pandaria, and have always been living in peace there. It seemed like the perfect place, as all beings, whether they were beasts, sentient beings, or elementals, lived there in natural harmony. The pandaren, lovers of nature and peace, only hunted and fought when needed. The reason for no race ever finding Pandaria was a magical book that gave off an aura of safety and passiveness. Any being sentient to come near the island would dismiss it as too primitive or small to deal with, and would sail off. So even though they were close to Theramore, the pandarens did not fear being attacked by vicious races and beings. Although the pandarens know not of who or what wrote the book, they respected it greatly, naming it Pandamonium, the Safekeeper of Pandaria. Suddenly, tragedy struck the Pandaren. Blood elves, sensing the power of the Pandamonium, managed to locate the island by their incurable lust for magic and the arcane. What they experienced next was the sky turning red, and infernals raining down from the sky. The Burning Legion was attacking Pandaria. Many pandarens died that day, a day the pandarens now call ‘The Shattering of Peace.’ The Burning Legion swarmed across Pandaria like a plague, corrupting the wildlife, the animals, and even pandaren. Still the pandarens fought back with the strength and agility they were known for, and prevented the loss of Pandaria in total. A good deal of pandarens survived, several parts of the land remained uncorrupted. When Pandaria was stable again, the pandaren realized that the Burning Legion would probably come back, even though they did not know why they came in the first place. Did the blood elves summon them, unintentionally or purposefully? Were those blood elves from Silvermoon or from the Dark Portal? And why did the Burning Legion come with such a force after the Pandamonium was disscovered? Now it is time for a brave hero to find the Pandamonium, use it's mythical power to destroy the evil demons and bring peace and harmony to Pandaria, once again...

Heroes

As I said, you can choose up to 9 heroes, 3 heroes of each primary attribute, Might, Dexterity and Wisdom. Maximum level is 25, every hero has 3 normal abilities (each has 5 levels), 1 strong ability that's learnable at level 11 (has 4 levels), 1 ultimate ability that's learnable at level 18 (has only 1 level) and one initiate ability that requires no learn, hero has that ability in start (no levels). Each Hero has it's unique tactics and style. Also, all heroes have their unique look and colored names.

Might

All might heroes have their starting attributes: Might 10, Dexterity 5 and Wisdom 5. Each new level they recieve +2 Might and +1 to Dexterity and Wisdom.
Preview_Brewmaster.png

PandaBrewmaster.png
Chen Storm-Stout
Chen Storm-Stout, a young pandaren on a journey
and quest to find the best ale in the world. His
journey is about to begin, and his first mission
is to stop the demons from destroying Pandaria.
Brewmasters are known for making drinks and special
concoctions which give them special abilities.
Pandaren brewmasters travel the world for new and
exotic ingredients and recipes. There are only few
well known brewmasters in the world, and Chen will
try to become one of them.
Preview_SumoWrestler.png

PandaSumoWrestler.png
Banja Bellykeg
Banja comes from a long line family with a tradition
of Sumo Wrestling. His Grand ancestor started this
tradition and in the beggining it was just a game.
But after the demons invaded, Bellykegs used this
technique as a fighting skill which became very
efficient. To become a Sumo Wrestler, fighter must
gain some body weight and fat. Fighting is based on
attacking the enemy with it's body weight. Banja
decided to protect Pandaria from demons and become
a famous Bellykeg family member.
Preview_Warrior.png

PandaWarrior.png
Mikasa Rock-Ale
As a child, Mikasa always liked to watch fights and
he decided to become a fighter himself. Mikoro, his
father, taught him all the fighting skills required
for war. His father was also one of the best warriors
in Pandaria and Mikasa is ready to follow his steps.
Unfortunatelly, his father was killed by a larger
group of demons, and now Mikasa has prommised eternal
hatred to demons and he will do anything to revenge
his father's blood and destory the demons.

Wisdom

All wisdom heroes have their starting attributes: Wisdom 10, Dexterity 5 and Might 5. Each new level they recieve +2 Wisdom and +1 to Dexterity and Might.
Preview_Manaseeker.png

PandaManaseeker.png
Haku the Seeker
Haku studied about magic since he was young. But
there was not enough knoweledge and books to study
from inside the village he lived. So Haku decided
to seek the knoweledge and started travelling all
across Pandaria to find knoweledge. Instead of using
elemental powers, Haku decided to use the power of
mana itself. While he was travelling, he saw an old
man laying on the forest ground. Before the old man
passed away, old man told him that he was attacked by
demons. Haku couldn't bare such injustice,so he decided
to revenge the old man and destory the demons with
the power of knoweledge that he posseses.
Preview_Druid.png

PandaForestGuardian.png
Sakushi Treebarrow
Since he was a little kid, Komi always loved animals.
He would sometimes go inside the forest and play with
bears and wolves. They considered Komi as a friend, and
so did nature. Komi was gifted with nature's power and
later he became a Druid. Komi also had a dear friend and
a companion, wolf named Baru. Komi and Baru together
started a journey to save the forests and vanquish the
demons that are causing chaos in Pandaria.
Preview_Geomancer.png

PandaGeomancer.png
Miko Sweetbarrow
The sacred duty of the pandaren geomancers is to understand
the lay of the land, to study the natural terrain for clues
as to the nature and disposition of the spirits within it.
Yet the geomancers do more than simply examine the spirits
of the lands; they also work to appease them. Through the
use of rituals, songs, and sacrifices, the geomancers attempt
to propitiate the spirits, lulling them into complacency with
attention and honor. It is now Miko's duty to stop the demon
invaders from destoying the sacred lands of Pandaria.

Dexterity

All dexterity heroes have their starting attributes: Dexterity 10, Might 5 and Wisdom 5. Each new level they recieve +2 Dexterity and +1 to Might and Wisdom.
Preview_Wardancer.png

PandaWardancer.png
Shanji Bladebrew
Shanji has been trained to become a Wardancer his whole life. Wardancers epitomize the pandaren art of
warfare, and for the wardancers, battle is indeed an art. Their title does not come coincidentally.
Their movements are precise and fluid, they appear to dance through a battlefield, their blades
flashing silver, blood spraying into the air, and bodies toppling as they move. With this fighting
art, Shanji has decided to protect Pandaria from demonic chaos that is corrupting the land and it's
nation.
Preview_WindWaker.png

PandaWindWaker.png
Bani the Windcaller
Born in the wilderness, raised by nature, guided by the
wind. Bani has always been misterious and secret person.
He fought with a sword, and sword was the only thing he
had in his life. On one stormy night, Bani has actually
met Spirit of Air. Spirit granted him with a gift,
enchanting his sword and his soul with power of the wind.
For return, Bani has sworn to protect nature, with his own
life in need should arise. And now, in the time of Legion's
invasion, Bani must venture across Pandaria to acuire
Pandamonium and vanquish the demons, to renew the lands
and bring peace to Pandaria.
Preview_Sharpshooter.png

(not his real icon)
PandaPikeman.png
Kanji Swiftpaw
Ever since his mother Jiang was slain by the demons, Kanji
seeks to cast vengeance upon these chaotic demons. Years
of training to become a perfect sharpshooter have finally
come to purpose. Sharpshooters are a special type of archers
who are intimately bound to the wildlands of Pandaria. The
sharpshooter is the hidden warrior, one part patience and
three parts skill. They are the ones who serve as a line of
defense, a patient assassin.

Loading Screen

attachment.php

Terrain

Nothing yet...

Items

Nothing yet...

Things to be done:

Main:
  • Put descriptions of hero abilities.
Secondary:
  • Trigger the spells
  • Start terraining
Other:
  • Plan all the enemy units
  • Plan all the items
  • Plan all the NPCs, quest givers and important characters
  • Ad a bigger/better inventory
  • Put units and items
And more...

Last edited:
Level 17
It is very impressive. You remind me of Mr. Goblin in a way. Your love for the Pandaren has driven you to make an RPG on them!

I like your story and I wish you luck. Pandaria has never truly been explored in WoW or WC3 nor have we even been informed about what happened during the Burning Legion's invasion. Didn't you make an RPG on the Pandaren before this though?

I wish you luck. If you need help designing quests, give me a call. But I don't trigger them. So I doubt you'd need me. =P

Level 7
Pandarens are awesome :D

i would even like it if you put some RTS or squad leading parts in this RPG.

you can make it that while the story develops the hero starts leading an army, it will be cool.

Level 34
panda freak! :) /end sarcasm

on topic

looks wonderful, can only wish you best of luck!
Thank you, baassee! ^^
pandarens are awesome :d

i would even like it if you put some rts or squad leading parts in this rpg.

You can make it that while the story develops the hero starts leading an army, it will be cool.
Interesting... I haven't thought about that. Thanks for the idea, I might even try that. Maybe, I dunno.
it is very impressive. You remind me of mr. Goblin in a way. Your love for the pandaren has driven you to make an rpg on them!

I like your story and i wish you luck. Pandaria has never truly been explored in wow or wc3 nor have we even been informed about what happened during the burning legion's invasion. Didn't you make an rpg on the pandaren before this though?

I wish you luck. If you need help designing quests, give me a call. But i don't trigger them. So i doubt you'd need me. =p
^^

Maybe you're reffering to this thread: Terrain from my RPG, future RPG...
but that's old... it is the same map, but I changed most of the terrain. Ah, well... if you can't trigger them, then I guess I don't need you right now, but thanks! :p
yay for pandas! Those heroes look awesome. Interesting story also.
Thank you, thehunterkiller! ^^
nice lay out dude!
I liek panda's too ;3
Hey, who doesn't? :p
This is an great map.
+REP
Thank you, The_Grapist! ^^

hmm when did we get so many panda models lol
Oh, that's not it, there's even more... muahahahaha!! >:p

Okay, now I'm about to edit my first post and give you more information about Wisdom heroes. Btw, I have all the ideas about abilities, but I haven't made them yet, that's why many heroes will have "I'm still working on his abillities". Oh and, there will be no female heroes, there just ain't enough good female Pandaren models. But if anyone wants to give it a try, and make some awesome female Pandaren models, go ahead! ^^

Level 34
Incredible as laways FrIkY.
I know you as a skinner, it'd be nice to see you other side.
Good use of pandaren models, good luck with the project!
Thank you, Alagremm! Good luck with your project, too! ;)

LOVELY IDEA HERE.
I want to know more! If you need some modeler for more pandarens, count with me! :D
Welcome again, Friky!
Thank you for your offer, Xezko! But I don't need anything right now. ^^

Update!
-Information about Wisdom heroes added.

Oh yes, and if you notice any typos, bad grammar, badly explained information or something inaproperiate, please tell me so I can fix it! ^^'

Next: Information about Dexterity heroes.

Level 7
you know... insted of making shitload of heroes, what about making some kind of hero generation system? it sounds like fun XD
for my opinion an RPG is tested by the amount of roles you can create and play.

Level 34
Best of luck on the project.
If there is anything i can do to help you,just ask...
Do you know how to trigger quests, or how to set cinematic events and stuff with the camera? :p
Friky, this is a nice pandaren female model. An alternate to it is this.
Hmm, I knew someone would mention those two models. The problem is that, in my book... they don't apper nice. :/ They just don't... feel the right way...
you know... insted of making shitload of heroes, what about making some kind of hero generation system? it sounds like fun XD
for my opinion an RPG is tested by the amount of roles you can create and play.
It does sound like fun, but how am I supossed to make that? :/ I am a begginer with triggers and I only know how to make simple triggers. And also, I have no idea what's JASS, MUI, GUI, WAI, no wai! or I don't know what else... :l But still, I think I'm gonna stick with the idea of "shitload" of heroes, as you call them.

Okay, I'll put Dexterity heores tomorrow. Going to sleep now.

Last edited:
Level 34
Those pandas look soooo adorable xD
JK, anyway, I wish you luck! Promote the Pandaren Spirit (save the Pandas! lol)
Yay! ^^

Oh My God! Dude! I hope the Terrain is gonna be epic! Becos the heros Are Totaly Epic Omfg! Compleat this!
I already got like... 40% of the terrain (map size is 256x256, but still... I want it to be bigger, but 256x256 is the limit :/ ). But... I was thinking about remaking the whole terrain. ^^ (that's going to be a hell of a job °_°')

Update!
- added information about Dexterity heroes

Level 16
Yay! ^^

I already got like... 40% of the terrain (map size is 256x256, but still... I want it to be bigger, but 256x256 is the limit :/ ). But... I was thinking about remaking the whole terrain. ^^ (that's going to be a hell of a job °_°')

Update!
- added information about Dexterity heroes

if you got JNPG you can have 512x512 terrain afaik.

Level 34
The map won't open in-game if you're using 1.23 or 1.24. I think that's mainly because I was making the map while I was still having 1.21 (yeah, idiot...). So I'm trying to figure out what could be the source of this problem, and I will make a thread about that problem.

EDIT: DAMN YOU BLIZZARD AND YOUR FU*KING PATCHES ALL THE TIME!!!

Level 5
HOLY SHITAKI MUSHROOMS!!! 512x512!! ... T_T it's a dream come true...

FrIkY searches for WE Unlimited
afaik it was only 480², but i think its big enough.
hmm without knowing this project there is another panda rpg with a story settled in the war of the ancients named genso... but it is compared with this a lot smaller project and doesnt will contain more playable content then 2 hours.

Level 34
Help the poor pandarens... T_T
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/thank-you-1-24-a-141378/

EDIT: Great news, everyone! The problem was solved and I can continue my work now!
Problem solved! Linaze suggested that the problem might be with the "Unknown" abilities, which turned out to be correct. There were a few Unknows with units, and most of them at the items. When I deleted the abilities, I forgot to remove them from their users. I guess I won't be needing a new map, but thank you all for your help, debode and Linaze especially!

Level 2
Perhaps you should get someone to remodel the Druid of the Claw model for your skin, it's looking a bit horrid at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.