• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Orb Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORB CRAFT
226614-albums6454-picture76440.jpg

Orb Craft
[/tr][/TD]

Map Info

Gameplay

Extra

Screenshots

Map Information

Name: Orb Craft
Uploaded: 5 June 2013
Last update: 8 November 2014
Type: Hero Arena
Category: Medieval/Warcraft
Suggested Players: 3v3v3v3; 4v4v4; 6v6; FFA
Map Size: Epic

HEROES:
There are 16 heroes to choose from. The heroes
has no abilities and only 3 slots in their invenotry.
The only diffirence between them is their attributes,
damage, movement and attack speed.

ORBS:
There are 7 orbs - frost, lightning, fire, light, nature,
dark and mana. You need to combine 3 of them to gain
an ability based on your orbs. There are 84 possable
abilities and a few hidden abilities that you will find.
There are also abilities that upgrades other abilities.

VICTORY:
There are many ways to win the game. You must
either destroy all the enemies's towers, kill Aileen,
reach level 50, get the most kills or just... well...
stay alive! Your choice of victory can be specified
by typing for example '-dm' for death match or '-td' for tower
defence.

Note: only dm (death match) is available.

Bosses:
There will spawn elemental bosses at the center of
the map every once in a while. The players will be 'befrend'
while a boss is alive. The player that kills the boss will get 2
free orbs at his/her base circle plus some gold.

AI:
The AI preforms excellent however it can't slove problems yet.

More information will be added as soon as I get new ideas.

You are welcome to post your ideas :)

226614-albums6454-picture70070.png

226614-albums6454-picture72859.png

226614-albums6454-picture72860.png

226614-albums6454-picture72862.png

226614-albums6454-picture72864.png

226614-albums6454-picture76311.png

- Added a multiboard
[Shows hero icon
[Shows name in color
[Shows kills, deaths and levels
- Remade terrain
- Imported new natural creeps
- Renamed Valiona to Aileen
- Changed Aileen's model
- Removed all known leaks
- Replaced Blink with Time walk for Orson Obmeron
- Remade AI
- Gived each base circle two orbs to start with
- Replaced the fire hero with storm panda
- Fixed Chain frost
- Tweaked some abilities

-Fixed a terrable bug in the recipe system
-Added my first game mode --> dm xxx (death match)
-edited the terrain
-changed some abilities for orson
-Remade AI
-Improved some triggers

-Improved terrain
-Added hiding spots on terrain
-Made map larger
-Added and improved spells
-Made recipe system and hero selection more efficient
-Added tons of animals
-Changed Aileen's model
-Gave 3 items to each hero for a kickstart
-Added proper information in the quest log
-Added more computer names
-Added Wealth at the fontain every midnight of game time

0.06b
-Bug fixes

Support:[/COLOR]
HTML:
[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/orb-craft-235780/"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/226614-albums6454-picture73178.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Attachments

• OrbCraft v0.03 AI protected.w3x
    3.4 MB · Views: 183
  • OrbCraft v0.06b AI protected.w3x
    7.3 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Hehe, this is totally inspired by 'Spellcraft'. and combining any 3 of 7 orbs (allowing for repeats, with order irrelevant) is 84; not 85.

Cool map, nice spell list.

Oh.. thanks for telling me; I've change that in the discription :)
and yes I've got the idea from spell craft (battle mode). I've also remade some DOTA abilities. This is a 12 player map instead of 6 like spell craft.

I've added all the computer players to an AI group so I don't have to pick every unit in map any more. The AI works smooth now. I've also dropped orbs at the center for the AI tp pick up. The 'Dark matter' ability' effect is now smaller and deals less damage.

FENOMENAL name
Looking up for this ;) ;)
Thanks bud

Thought spellcraft was 8 players? Anyways, did you know that if you only have 4 Orbs, but required 6 orbs to craft a spell you'd still have 84 combinations?

Actually it HAS 8 players. I spelled '8' wrong. And how did you calculate that? :vw_wtf:
--------------------------------------------

I've changed the victory discription and made a progress bar. There is now creeps in the battlefield that makes Charm more usefull. I've also added a new ability - Incenerate (Fire Fire Dark) and rebalanced some abilities.

AI now retreats when in red but I'm strggleing to make the base circle heal them.

It's tricky: but it goes n multichoose k
This might help.
In JASS:
JASS:
function fractorial takes real A returns real
    local real Ret=1
    set A=I2R(R2I(A))
    loop
        exitwhen A<1.
        set Ret=Ret*A
        set A=A-1.
    endloop
    return Ret
endfunction

function multichoose takes real N,real K returns real
    return fractorial(N+K-1.)/(fractorial(K)*fractorial(N-1.))
endfunction

function testmultichoose takes nothing returns nothing
    local real Orbs=7
    local real NeededOrbsToCraftSpell=3
    local real Combinations=multichoose(Orbs,NeededOrbsToCraftSpell)
    call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(),0,0,"Number of Spells: "+I2S(R2I(Combinations))+".")
endfunction

Edit: How do you get a hidden ability? Since all 84 combinations are in use. The only way to do that with 24 extra spells is to introduce an eighth orb.

Last edited:
It's tricky: but it goes n multichoose k
This might help.
In JASS:
JASS:
function fractorial takes real A returns real
    local real Ret=1
    set A=I2R(R2I(A))
    loop
        exitwhen A<1.
        set Ret=Ret*A
        set A=A-1.
    endloop
    return Ret
endfunction

function multichoose takes real N,real K returns real
    return fractorial(N+K-1.)/(fractorial(K)*fractorial(N-1.))
endfunction

function testmultichoose takes nothing returns nothing
    local real Orbs=7
    local real NeededOrbsToCraftSpell=3
    local real Combinations=multichoose(Orbs,NeededOrbsToCraftSpell)
    call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(),0,0,"Number of Spells: "+I2S(R2I(Combinations))+".")
endfunction

Edit: How do you get a hidden ability? Since all 84 combinations are in use. The only way to do that with 24 extra spells is to introduce an eighth orb.

Wow thanks but it wasn't necessary to put it in a trigger... I was just wondering :p
Anyways thats the whole point ;) To get a hidden ability you must for example have a certain set of abilities or get the same ability twice or charm a secret creep and so on. I'm not going to reveal all my secrets :ogre_hurrhurr: I'm going to upload a newer version now...

---------------------------------------------

And here it is, OrbCreft v0.03 AI! I've made some big changes on the terrain. There are now much more creeps and trees around. When you attack them, they become hostle. When they kill you, then they are passive again. There is also a Roshan. note: the 1st image ^ you see is outdated.

AI can now buy items, flee and go back to battle when it has enough HP and trees grow back every 30 secs.
A new ability is now available; 'Rift' (Fire lightning light). It can load, heal, casts arial shackles and has permanent invisibility.
I rebalanced some other abilities.

---------------------------------------------

If ANYONE has ideas then please share. I will give crediets to you. :) enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 23
Was attracted with the name. Somehow, the word Craft combined with any cool name will attract my attention.

Anyway, I like the idea, haven't tried the map though coz I can't xD. but I think I have a suggestion for you. What if you create a unique ability for each hero using one combination? like the trio maybe? fire + frost + nature? or maybe when some heroes use specific skills, the spell will be more powerful.

Good luck and can't wait! :)

Thanks, I'll need that! ;)

Was attracted with the name. Somehow, the word Craft combined with any cool name will attract my attention.

Anyway, I like the idea, haven't tried the map though coz I can't xD. but I think I have a suggestion for you. What if you create a unique ability for each hero using one combination? like the trio maybe? fire + frost + nature? or maybe when some heroes use specific skills, the spell will be more powerful.

Great idea and I've already thought of that. The only problem is I ran out of ideas for abilities. Thanks for the rep and sharing your seggestion :ogre_hurrhurr:

Here it is - first update in two months. Technicly there are more than 84 abilities but the orbs only allows us to carft 84. I'm going to work on the seggestion above (each hero crafts diffirent spells).

There are also 3 kinds of tanks that you can drive and you need keys and stuff but I don't know where to place the things yet.
If you have any ideas for spells and stuff then please share :)

Last edited:
Do not make different heroes craft different spells, unless you plan on balancing it out for the next eternity.

Instead, do what Spellcraft did: Glyphs of Chaos allowed you to combine two of the same ingredient with the Glyph of Chaos to create an ultimate spell.

Actually my dream is to make the map with the most spells it WarCraft history. I'm aware that it will take years but I won't try to do it for the first official map. Thanks for sharing :)

Oh hey, did you steal the spell crafting code from Spellcraft, or write it yourself? I'm making a heavily edited version of Spellcraft myself (Enough of a change to be considered its own map) and I simply copied that code over. Later I rewrote it though the array math is the same because there's no better way unless the tradeoff of using a hashtable outweighs the accessing of the array.

Level 1
hey can you transform the heroes and make themcustomized like add some custom skins to the heroes and add some secret heroes that you can only get by killing bosses and gatherin the essences that they drop and turn yourself into a mini version of them A demigod version if you may call them

Oh hey, did you steal the spell crafting code from Spellcraft, or write it yourself? I'm making a heavily edited version of Spellcraft myself (Enough of a change to be considered its own map) and I simply copied that code over. Later I rewrote it though the array math is the same because there's no better way unless the tradeoff of using a hashtable outweighs the accessing of the array.

I couldn't find any deprotected version of Spell Craft so no, I didn't copy the code. I use a ITE for every recept and an additional ITE to ensure that some heros gets diffirent spells.

Nice and Interesting in the AI :D!

Thanks ^^

hey can you transform the heroes and make themcustomized like add some custom skins to the heroes and add some secret heroes that you can only get by killing bosses and gatherin the essences that they drop and turn yourself into a mini version of them A demigod version if you may call them

custom skins are out of the question because they consume a lot of unneseccary space. I would import 20 diffirent effects for spells instead of one skin. Thats why I only chose the best looking models in the editor for heros ;) There is also already a secret hero but is not accesable yet. I was thinking about making the elemental bosses drop advanced orbs or something. Thanks for your ideas :D

Hey people here the a new update! I've spent most of my time on natural animals, sommond units and a new recipe system that works faster and smaller in size! In the next update I will make the animals spawn at last. There is also going to be creeps (actually hunters) that you can kill so then you don't have to chase heros around the whole time. I will also see if I can add some new mods.

Thanks skelguardian :). I just want to inform you guys that the end is in sight and that I will hopefully upload the beta version within the next two months. The first version might not have the best and most original spells since I ran out of ideas, but improvements will come with updates. Hopefully I'll get more feedback and ideas when v1.0 is released in the map section.

Status
Not open for further replies.