• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] ★ Offence of the Gods ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

★ Offence of the Gods ★

Offense of the Gods (OotG in short) is next gen hero arena. Designed in warcraft 3 it's pointed
towards wide range of players, from those that don't like this genre at all to arena masters.
Based on concepts like Angel Arena and Angel Samurai OotG strive to perfect farming slash
PvP based gameplay.

- Map Information -

Presenting totally new and unique textures, this terrain is more than basic warcraft 3 map.
High quality textures and beautifully colorized environment brings real enjoyment for your eyes.

Type: Hero Arena
Map Size: 192x192
Playable Map Size: 180x180
Suggested Players: 10

- Features -

Even in this early progress, as being new, created totally from scratch, official map version
1.0.0.0 has many features to show.

- Heroes
Picked like in old traditional way, walk into circle of power with hero soul and play it. At any
time player can select any unpicked hero and check it's info, see stats, read abilities.
Hero abilities are totally something new, at start there is no leveling up, everything is already
there for you. At specific levels you will unlock more powerful abilities slowly reaching your
ultimate form. There is no useless ability, all skill up as your hero level up. Totally depending
on hero stats, base damage or such, even small abilities may make difference. Experience
and gold are earned from killing creeps, a huge number of creeps. You will start to enjoy
slicing and burning and crushing and blowing everything that moves on the map.
Completion: █████████ 20%

- Creeps and Boss units
If you expect to see creep camps easily destroyed I must prove you wrong. Those will
fight with everything they have to resist you, constantly coming back for more. Stats
like damage, hit points, regeneration will fallow the most powerful of you champions.
Keep it up with your level, because those little things have spells as well. Spells that will
make your hero look miserable and poor. And that's not everything, the best of all is yet
to come, the boss units, demigods and gods of darkness and beyond with attack power
so powerful that your hero die just by stepping into wrong area. Ranked from easier to
the most powerful THE ONE whose instant attack at 1000+ range melt even few hundreds
of thousands hit points in just a few seconds. With auras and abilities so powerful those
boss units will bow you to your knees... Or maybe not.
Completion: █████████ 20%

- Items
This is ultimate hero arena, forget about low quality items, low quality abilities or terrain
items are everything your hero need to challenge Gods of the arena. Farm from few
thousand gold to up of 1 million gold for single item ingredient. Boosting your hero to
almost nearly imaginable limits, always moving forward that one final goal, defending
THE ONE. Team who success doing so take all the glory. Ranked as common (level 1),
uncommon (level 2), rare (level 3), mythical (level 4) and legendary (level 5) items,
items will give easier insight into their might. You don't need to search over 20 shops
all over map, everything is there at few places well organized and properly documented.
Completion: ████████ 10%

- Terrain
Terrain is something really new, I'm first time working with those resources, marko9
as well. But we are really satisfied how is everything working out. Map size is still
below 5 MB and we are really pleased with results. Everything is just 1 big area.
There are no 20 different waygates placed all around map, always wondering where
each one go, everything is served on plate, will you farm for hours, try to sneak into
enemy base and defeat their MAGE or maybe play vs them all in different game modes
it's up to you to decide.
Completion: ████████ 10%

- Gameplay
Right now I'm coding 3 game modes NORMAL, DEATHMATCH for those who like to play
FFA games, fight them all in this mode, defeat both enemy heroes and mighty Gods.
Last game mode is TOURNAMENT mode where gameplay become real teamplay game.
There is no vision here, ward map, use spells or boost your vision with items. Gank
enemy heroes, defeat Gods of Arena in exactly specific order to unlock mighty GEMS
that will lead you step by step towards eternal glory. 3 different game difficulties,
weaken your enemies and start with more gold choosing EASY, or experience hard
core challenge picking HARD. But way that's not all, there is option you control game
speed as well, that's right, you can SLOW of FAST hero or creeps resurrections,
increase or reduce arena timer and/or finally even turn arena battle ON and OFF.
Completion: █████████ 80%

Total: █████████ 20%
Demo at 50%
Map Section at 70%

- Team Members -

- Project Leader
-Kobas-
Yeap, that's my name, I'm the one responsible for all of this. Working few
hours a day on map, coding systems, creating items and creeps and heroes
and abilities and well everything. Sadly I don't have much time to create on
presentation like I did with SotP back in a day, but who knows maybe in future
I open photoshop.

- Terrainer
marko9
Awesome guy who is getting job done when all other people give up, he's
helping me speed terrain process, always forgetting about pathing blockers,
so I need to bother with that as well. :razz:
Nah he's brilliant, should I mention that he recreated SotP terrain almost
completely?

- Maybe you?

THREAD IS STILL UNDERDEVELOPMENT!

Attachments

• Boss 1.JPG
    Boss 1.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 448
  • Boss 2.JPG
    Boss 2.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Creeps 1.JPG
    Creeps 1.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 407
  • Creeps 2.JPG
    Creeps 2.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Creeps 3.JPG
    Creeps 3.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Boss 3.JPG
    Boss 3.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Creeps 4.JPG
    Creeps 4.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Creeps 5.JPG
    Creeps 5.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Level 30
Wow, never saw some project in development from you but now I saw one. I'm happy to say that I also like hero arenas such as Angel Arena but not those that are too imbalanced that in the start they have godly items. I hope your map is not like this.

Everything being told in the introdouction posts looks interesting and honestly, making me drool a bit especially the units & bossfights.

The terrain screenshots looks like from LoL. It's atmosphere is so great and refreshing.

Good luck with this and +rep for support.

Level 10
Sounds interesting, I hope for further screens and development input.

I'm not quite sure about the terrain. Obviously it's a different style that what most people are used to and this ain't bad.
But for me this terrain together with those wc models shown in the screen somehow seems a little bit off.
I like the terrain style but maybe you should think about changing the models.

But I agree with Hell_Master it reminds me of LoL, too.

Level 21
Judging by the result of both of you collaborating on SotP, this should be a pretty epic map too. To me the terrain almost looks anime style. It's a fresh and clean new look for a Warcraft map. But like it was mentioned, default unit models don't mix too well with the terrain. The grammar could use some love in the descriptions of the post (mostly singular and plural mixups), but it sounds appealing even as it is now. Definitely keeping an eye on this project to see how it develops :pwink:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looking very nice thus far, The environment has a really nice feel, one question though, where did you get the DotA 2 models ?

Level 2
Nice use of Tourchlight 2 rock Marko, can't wait to explore the map :thumbs_up: .No-vision mod sounds pretty amazing, hope it won't be to hard to play without Skype lel.

Status
Not open for further replies.