• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] [a/o-rpg] Kingdom Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
This map will feature some of the techniques that isn't widely known yet. Local files will be required for the expansion packs and you as a player will have to follow my instructions unless you already know it yourself. Since WC3 has no feature to let me install more content/expansions onto everyone's PC's then I am forced to let you guys know to download some files that you'll have to extract and move yourselves to the correct folder which is the main/root WC3 folder. It's pretty easy so don't fright. I want to make one of the best WC3 maps ever in WC3 history and need your guys help. This is only the start to a series I plan to mostly finish and move on to making into a real game itself. At least when I remake it into a real game then we won't have to worry about the 8MB file-size limitation and lame though awesome workarounds.

This map can be considered as an Arpg or Orpg, it'll feature many things which I won't reveal currently however it will be combining all of my past projects and will even feature a story.

Currently Alpha testing.

There will be rewards for alpha/beta testers as well future plans for even more possible rewards like an arena for example.
When this hits beta, there'll be more to show. Until then, try it out if you'd like and let me know or even better, game with me and try it. :thumbs_up:

Oh, and it'll be a bit like video game rpg in terms of gameplay meaning that there will be futuristic hero's with medieval ones for instance.

There'll be specialized systems in place to make boss combat one of the best parts of the game. Players won't actually require gear and levels to play with friends because I want to attempt something like impossible bosses so everyone can have fun. However only people who worked hard for their stuff get to save/keep it. Have to maintain the save/load part somehow right?

One of my goals for this project is to make it open/playable for everyone as best as possible. Not everyone has time to grind for items so there'll be pre-gear for them to use to have fun like I described earlier. There'll also be pets, allies, merc's, and much more of course something that's even past end-game.

Will visit this thread daily most likely.

Why not try to work within the 8MB limit? External files are always impractical and will greatly diminish the success of your project.

All I can say is that 8MB are much more than you think if you embrace the limit instead of fighting it.

Unfortunately, this is very true; this will diminish the popularity of your project.

It will not, however, diminish the quality of it. The few who want precisely that will absolutely love it, more than anything else, because most maps are too busy trying to appeal a little bit to everyone instead of a lot to a few people.

It boils down to who you're making it for; are you making it for yourself, or are you making it for everyone else?

Why not try to work within the 8MB limit? External files are always impractical and will greatly diminish the success of your project.

All I can say is that 8MB are much more than you think if you embrace the limit instead of fighting it.

That's my choice, besides it'll come in the form of expansion packs which means there's a chance. There'll be the standard game then for more content you can download my external files.

Uh huh, 8MB isn't much and considering it hurts people with bad connections. I would rather try to stay below 3MB, I have embraced this limit for a decade now it is time to do something new... Something different.... Something epic.

Unfortunately, this is very true; this will diminish the popularity of your project.

It will not, however, diminish the quality of it. The few who want precisely that will absolutely love it, more than anything else, because most maps are too busy trying to appeal a little bit to everyone instead of a lot to a few people.

It boils down to who you're making it for; are you making it for yourself, or are you making it for everyone else?

That's fine, I am not expecting much popularity to begin with and the people who do choose to play will figure it out for themselves if they like my map/s. Trust me I am not the only one that is doing this. I have seen many other projects and they even succeed. 10+ Players who aren't known to you that plays your map means its a success to me. I'd rather make something enjoyable and epic to a few people then make the same old crap for everyone. Time to do something unique and original. :thumbs_up:

I'm making it for myself and my friends and that is what matters most. Everyone else gets a chance to enjoy it. =)

That's my choice, besides it'll come in the form of expansion packs which means there's a chance. There'll be the standard game then for more content you can download my external files.

Uh huh, 8MB isn't much and considering it hurts people with bad connections. I would rather try to stay below 3MB, I have embraced this limit for a decade now it is time to do something new... Something different.... Something epic.

That's fine, I am not expecting much popularity to begin with and the people who do choose to play will figure it out for themselves if they like my map/s. Trust me I am not the only one that is doing this. I have seen many other projects and they even succeed. 10+ Players who aren't known to you that plays your map means its a success to me. I'd rather make something enjoyable and epic to a few people then make the same old crap for everyone. Time to do something unique and original. :thumbs_up:

I'm making it for myself and my friends and that is what matters most. Everyone else gets a chance to enjoy it. =)

I hope you keep that mindset and make the game you want to play! That is the path to making something truly great. Trying to appeal to the majority will only ruin a good project because the majority has poor taste.

Bump;

Update coming soon.

Why not wait until the update to bump?

I hope you keep that mindset and make the game you want to play! That is the path to making something truly great. Trying to appeal to the majority will only ruin a good project because the majority has poor taste.

Why not wait until the update to bump?

Well because threads lock if I take too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.