• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] |NeverFall ORPG|

Status
Not open for further replies.
)-(ello there, welcome to my thread about a project of epic intentions

Firstly it won't be as fancy as all those 5/5 first-rated maps like TKoK, it'll be more of a pick up and play without needing to put much effort/thinking into it. I think some maps are more fun when they're not visually distressing/annoying/damaging. Sure it's nice to experience something that breaks most limits people set for themselves when first introduced to wc3 however sometimes it is also better to play a epic map that doesn't blind you or your patience. :thumbs_up:

My map will feature a storyline most ORPG's/RPGs sadly lack as well save/load multiplayer support as well possible single-player. It'll tell about a tale of a clan that is nearly extinct while the land they live in is infested by monstrosities of all different types from humanity's imagination. Humans stand on the edge of pure annihilation while manipulating both good and evil.

Realistic combat - Knockback, projectile movement.
A new way to gear up and outfit your character.
Picking your gender - Won't be in for a while.
Pet system.
AI that doesn't horde you when you try to attack just one meaning you can actually lure one at a time like in a real mmorpg.
Durability system - Maybe
Custom damage system - Yup
Lots of items? - Yup
Bosses I hope right? - Correct
How will you do the storyline when your limited in map space? Well it will most likely be a lame square that changes to wherever your on.
A party system - Oh what's that?
Well you'll be able to form groups to team together instead of the plain system people have used for a decade.

Map Information

The Beginning

It all begun when Razzar the greatest human Arch-Wizard to exist in all of known history suddenly disappeared from the empire of the phoenix. Known legends as well heroes also disappeared and everything faded over time, a darkness rose and covered the planet in a thick blanket of hatred and suffering. Now where you guys will take place in this story is near the beginning in a land close to one of the great empires that quickly faded to nothingness. Your clan had no relationships and no way of knowing what was to come. Will myths be discovered, will legends rise? Can you save this world? Let time tell and unfold your story.
No you won't uncover the entire story however every map that is a part of this series will have hidden lore to follow along the main story, so keep your eyes open.

=Will be updated as soon as possible=
Will be updated when someone finishes the last boss
Current Version: 0.00
Previous Versions;

==

Video's
---
It will be up to the community/players to get these currently because I can't.
Newest demo will always be below right here in the first post.

Attachments

• demo v2.w3x
    379.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 6
The only thing I can say is most people loose sight of the important stuff when dealing with ambitious maps. 95% of people would rather have better gameplay than the ability to choose gender.

I just hope you don't loose sight, I will check out the map again one day and contribute more, still waiting to see what you want to make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.