• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Monster Hunter Warcraft III

Should we use HQ or Lowpoly Models?

• Use Low poly For faster gameplay and less loading time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
208383-albums6522-picture70788.png

About Project:
a project I started along time ago, The project died for over 6 months and now finally revived, by me and two of the team members Land-Sengklek, and Xian_1998.

If your wondering about if whether the project Is Multiplayer or Single, Well we are working on a Singlw player version then we are going to make a multiplayer lighter version with fewer features and lowpoly model

8/03/2013 Project is paused for lack of team effort and team Members.

Gameplay:
Game will take place in Kokoto Village, where you start you adventure for hunting monsters, and Increase your Rank as you sharpen your skills.
Many features are planed to be presented And I hope more People join our project and support

Current Team Members:
-Stonneash: Modeler, 2D artist, GUI Codder
-Xian_1998: Modeler, GUI Coder
-Land-Sengklek: Modeler, 2D artist
-Daffa the Mage: GUI Coder, Beta Tester
-icewolf055: Modeler
-DivineLight GUI Coder, Beta tester
-J.PuNkD: VJass Coder
-defskull: GUI Coder, Beta tester

Fill the template below and PM\VM it to me Here

Template:
I am willing To Join The Team and Never leave [Yes \ No]
I can Support the project with:_________(ex: Modeling, 2D Art)
I Would like to be a Beta Tester For the Map [Yes \ No]
I am active at __________ (ex: All week except Wednesday and Sunday because of church)

Progress:
Models: 3% (Working)
2D Art: 0% (On Hold)
Codes: 0% (Working)
Terrain: 0 (On Hold)

picture.php

208383-albums6500-picture70743.png

208383-albums6500-picture70738.png

208383-albums6500-picture70669.jpg

219468-albums6549-picture71032.png

Links:
-Monster Hunter Warcraft Social Group

Download:
First Playable Version Will Be Released as soon as we get enough team members at -/--/201-

Extras:
Our Signature!, Support us help other people reach our project
208383-albums6522-picture70910.png

Paste the code below in your signature
PHP:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/monster-hunter-warcraft-iii-236527/"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/208383-albums6522-picture70910.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 8
Wow! Nice to see you again in this thread, Land-Sengklek and Xian_1998:cgrin:
I'm glad you two will do a wonderful job in here :)

Good luck, this seems interesting, like more than... RPG game, but that's not sure for that.
"hunting monsters, and Increase your Rank as you sharpen your skills." are my favorite features, at all. ^^ +rep

Wow! Nice to see you again in this thread, Land-Sengklek and Xian_1998:cgrin:
I'm glad you two will do a wonderful job in here :)

Good luck, this seems interesting, like more than... RPG game, but that's not sure for that.
"hunting monsters, and Increase your Rank as you sharpen your skills." are my favorite features, at all. ^^ +rep

Well we are trying to get he original monster hunter gameplay, where you sharpen your skills, and get better equipment

BTW why don't you check the poll on top of the page?

Level 10
0. huy60vn, thanks :D but I'm the only one who can't make a nice texture :<

1. @ Daffa The Mage, MH is not easy to be done in Multiplayer :<

2. 15 Oct ?? It seems too fast -.-

3. @ stonneash, you did a good thing here :D

Level 9
wow i actually created monster hunter map in the past, like about 3 or 4 years ago, but i have lost my passion on working on it, it is nice to have others to make that monster hunter map i always wanted.

maybe you could implement these systems to make the map more "Monster Hunter" :
- custom attack (like pressing "A" to hit the monsters in front of you)
- combo combination
- sheathed and unsheated weapon, with additional model on your back while it's unsheathed (is it possible ? if it's not just ignore this XP)
- monster AI
- SWIMMING ! (i tried this system a long time ago, but i have no idea how to do it XP)

nah, i'm sure you know the rest, i have my faith in you :)
good luck to you all, i'll be waiting this to be released :)

wow i actually created monster hunter map in the past, like about 3 or 4 years ago, but i have lost my passion on working on it, it is nice to have others to make that monster hunter map i always wanted.

maybe you could implement these systems to make the map more "Monster Hunter" :
- custom attack (like pressing "A" to hit the monsters in front of you)
- combo combination
- sheathed and unsheated weapon, with additional model on your back while it's unsheathed (is it possible ? if it's not just ignore this XP)
- monster AI
- SWIMMING ! (i tried this system a long time ago, but i have no idea how to do it XP)

nah, i'm sure you know the rest, i have my faith in you :)
good luck to you all, i'll be waiting this to be released :)

Thank you for your suggestions, All the stuff you mentioned were Planned Features, and I hope we can achieve all (Not so sure about swimming :( )

Level 7
Hey guys, how are the systems going? Could I get a overall walkthrough of current progress?

P.S.: Please don't tell me we are making an exact copy of an existing game...

Okay my progress on male model is 60% with animating..., okay i tell you its a copy but not a copy but a copy aaa.... its ahh i don't know but we make our made resources, texture, not ripped from that game,.. ah you the terrainer, do your best for making forest and hill, i support you :D

Okay my progress on male model is 60% with animating..., okay i tell you its a copy but not a copy but a copy aaa.... its ahh i don't know but we make our made resources, texture, not ripped from that game,.. ah you the terrainer, do your best for making forest and hill, i support you :D

Thanks, mate. I think we have a pretty good team, so we actually could finish this project. Love your attachments, by the way :D

I have a WIP... Finished most of the importing, and most of the terrain height-work too. Also, I marked areas with pathing blockers and divided the map into 3 parts using tiles (cave, forest, hills). I am going to start working on separate regions and paths between them tonight, hopefully I will be done before July 12.

About combat... In my opinion, combat in original game is very stupid... You jsut swing your sword around at creatures several times bigger thank you and weaken/debuff them with bombs...
I have a different idea. Our character should have to think and come up with a way to kill his prey.
He should rely on weapons and gadgets in his arsenal. This should include different traps, throwable weapons (daggers, axes, shurikens, bombs...), chains and some more exotic gadgets.

Of course, such usage of a wide arsenal should not be needed for slaughter of weaker monsters.

I am using almost exclusively HQ models, hence the file-size (around 15mb of imports so far). It's a mixture of doodads and tilesets from High-res doodad pack, WoW models and models from UTM.
I prefer custom cliffs and terrain height over blizzard cliffs and doodads. I just think it's better looking and better for practical use.
Also, I tend to have as much free space in the playable area, while I stuff the unplayable parts with doodads. Only doodads in playable parts of the map are walkable grass and un-walkable groups of small to medium sized debris (trees, rocks, bushes, shrub, shrooms, flowers, etc.)

That is pretty much it about the terrain, I will send screenshots of every region as soon as I finish that region.

These are some screenies from Region#1...
It's my first time making grassy plains, and it's kinda hard to make them look good :|
Btw, instead of making giant cliffs, as seen in game, I'ma make hills as borders between regions in the right (hill) side of the map..

It isn't displaying TGA files as pics, so you got to download to see them :/

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070413_101201_01.tga
    3.5 MB · Views: 127
  • WC3ScrnShot_070413_101211_02.tga
    3.5 MB · Views: 150
  • WC3ScrnShot_070413_101219_03.tga
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.