• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Monster Hunter (Takke Village)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Monster Hunter Ultimate Rage
Enjoy natures beauty as you take on the role of a hunter in a world full of giant monsters. Alone or with friends, the choice is yours as you explore a world larger than ever.

This map is a war3 version of Monster Hunter, but I named the monsters differently.
It has similar systems to the ones Monster Hunter has, like Carving, Mining, Fishing, and so and so and so and so.
It is a Multiplayer game (5 players Maximum). I could make it ten, but would be too lazy to do it.

I plan to put 5 to 7 areas. (Depending on the counts of doodads left "-__-)
Each area has 7 to 10 areas (including the base camp).

Areas Planned:
Village: (95% (No House Yet))
Forest: (100%)
Swamp: (100%)
Desert: (0%)
Tundra: (0%)
Volcano: (0%)
Great Desert (For Final Giant Boss) (0%)

-It has a camera system that focuses on your hunter and you may rotate it at any angle.
-You may carve once on all non-boss monsters, 2 - 3 for boss. Depending on its size.
-You may choose any type of weapon you want, like (Katana, Sword and Shield, Gunlance, etc.) But you can only wield one weapon and armor.
-You may forge weapons, armor and items like (Small, medium and large bombs, Shocktraps, etc.)
-It also contains music themes like (MHp3 Battle Themes and Village Theme)
-You may store up to 25 items in the Backpack. (Cannot Store Weapons, Armors and Bombs.)
-You dont gain any level when killing monsters, but you can carve the materials you need to forge greater weapons and armors.

-Each armor has a certain amount of resistance against element damage (Fire,Water,Wind,Thunder,Dragon)
-Each weapon has damage, and its own special way of using it.

[Screen Shots]
Village:
Village1.jpg

Village2.jpg

Village3.jpg

Forest:
Forest1.jpg

Forest2.jpg

Swamp:
Swamp1.jpg

Swamp2.jpg

First Boss Encountered in (Village Chief Quests):
First%20Boss.jpg

2nd Boss Encountered in (Village Chief Quests):
Second%20Boss.jpg

CREDITS:
Models: I lost track -_-. I will add them when I finish at least 3 areas.
Triggers: By me, but I got some ideas from other triggers, like the backpack system. But I'm the one who make them in GUI.
Terrain: By me, but I got some ideas from the real Monster Hunter game.

Last edited:
Level 1
Pls add a taming system that you can tame baby versions of the monsters much like pet systems Good luck and I gave you some rep and I woul like to be a suggesting man and also a beta tester

Last edited:
Level 7
:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:Hey you finishing this map and pls pls pls pls FINISH THIS MAP and plus rep to you

Yeah, I am finishing this map. :) Im just re-importing all models, because i've compressed them. You could be a beta tester when I release it, if you want. :)

I could also use some suggestions. :) And about that Pet System, it really sounds great, I would even add it. I will add you in the credits. xD

and just out of curiousity, what is that +rep? reputation?

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey make the hunter a hero and pls make some pets MAke it a hero because welllllllllll ........just make it a hero ME WANT BETA TESTER PM ME

dont make it the visuals like that make it free to look everywhere when you use iseedeadpeople because im gonna check terrain

:goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry:dont add camera system PLS IBEG YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
yeah i like the weapons in the screenies

What about armor? can you change your armor and make the hunter look different? because that would be awesome

Level 1
Mounting system

a mounting system would be good too so you can add horses and dragons or turtles as mounts and high level mounts can be bought in future towns or dropped by bosses and raids (if you have raids ) Im a supporter at this project GO,GO,GO HUNTERS WHOHOOOOO

Last edited:
Level 7
What about armor? can you change your armor and make the hunter look different? because that would be awesome

Yeah, it would change, weapons and armors when equiped, even for your battle pet. :)

woah! this is great terrain looks pretty good...

Thanks man, and also for sharing that cat model of yours. :)

Isn't that a gun lance? Looks fun to play, with the raw meat lol.

lol. Yup, its a gunlance. xD

a mounting system would be good too so you can add horses and dragons or turtles as mounts and high level mounts can be bought in future towns or dropped by bosses and raids (if you have raids ) Im a supporter at this project GO,GO,GO HUNTERS WHOHOOOOO

Thanks. I dont think I could add a mounting system, because they've got no Mounting Animations, and whats a raid? :)

Hey make the hunter a hero and pls make some pets MAke it a hero because welllllllllll ........just make it a hero ME WANT BETA TESTER PM ME

Hmm... The pet would be a hero, in order for it to gain level, but if I make the hunter a hero, i have to go through all the triggers, which would be so long (because im too lazy xD)

:goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry:dont add camera system PLS IBEG YOU

Hmm.. But the Camera system makes it look more realistic, like monster hunters camera system. :) and ill Pm you when im finished with the beta. xD

Level 13

I agree but he needs good modeler, I can make low-poly model but i can't animate very well my grade in animation is badly poor. :ogre_haosis:

Level 7
I agree but he needs good modeler, I can make low-poly model but i can't animate very well my grade in animation is badly poor. :ogre_haosis:

Yup, I dont even know how to create and animate models xD. All i do is terrain and GUI, so I cannot add a mounting system. Srry.

And about that Felyne model of yours, can I edit it please? xD
I found a texture that fits it, its the black version of it. :)

Level 22
Just keep it simple, jumping to advanced stuff (in the context of not having appropriate technical background) would just make unnecessary delays in development.

Level 1
Yeah, it would change, weapons and armors when equiped, even for your battle pet. :)

Thanks man, and also for sharing that cat model of yours. :)

lol. Yup, its a gunlance. xD

Thanks. I dont think I could add a mounting system, because they've got no Mounting Animations, and whats a raid? :)

Hmm... The pet would be a hero, in order for it to gain level, but if I make the hunter a hero, i have to go through all the triggers, which would be so long (because im too lazy xD)

Hmm.. But the Camera system makes it look more realistic, like monster hunters camera system. :) and ill Pm you when im finished with the beta. xD
A raid is a Boss or a fight that you need to do special things to defeat the enemy like for example hit it in the arm first then the legs or just a hard enemy just like that

i agree but he needs good modeler, i can make low-poly model but i can't animate very well my grade in animation is badly poor. :ogre_haosis:
there is a mount animation ask daffa the mage tell him who the mounting modeller is because he wont tell me

Level 1
Hey matt, could you stop double posting, use the edit button please.
taga saan ka ba sa pilipinas ha tanong ko lang ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Level 22
Kalma lang, matt. I was just telling you to stop double posting because it's against the forum rules. If you don't want to stop then I can't stop you, no need to get pissed.

Level 37
taga saan ka ba sa pilipinas ha tanong ko lang ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please post in English. Any following non English posts will be deleted.

Level 13

Bawal dito mag post ng hindi english, understand? forbidden here posting of not english... hehehe :ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Level 7
Wait I need to ask is this multiplayer?

Yes, a maximum of 5 players :)

Ahhh... Marunong ka pla mag tagalog xD. Im also from the Philippines :)
And please follow the rules, cuz you dont wanna piss the MODS O.O
They've got the magic banning hammer of lightning justice, I think :O!

EDIT:

I dont think I can add a RAID system, because to do that I would have to change the game into "Arrow key Movement" and change the attack into an "ability", which would be so much work xO.. And it would be extremely difficult for players to fight fast speed monsters. xD

Last edited:
Level 1
no not like that just move to a current direction like it will take 5 seconds to charge the monsters attack then boom! WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK BOSS

Level 7
Do you use a DDS?

Damage Detection or Display system o_O? nope. I wont be adding that. xD

no not like that just move to a current direction like it will take 5 seconds to charge the monsters attack then boom! WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK BOSS

Hmmm.. I dont get what you mean. xD
The monsters attack would be similar to the real MH game?

Last edited:
Level 3
Do you working on this project every weekdays ? Or just on weekends ? I like the game concept ! Hope you continue this project ! I hope for more Updates :3 !!!
+Rep
RoaminG

Level 7
Hey Tom, hope you get a beta map done soon.

Thanks man :D
Right now I've finished 3 areas (Village (95% no house yet), Forest (100%), Island (100%)) and also the 1st Rank quests. Ive planned the 2nd rank monsters and quests already, but still need to add the Desert for them. I've updated many things in game and the systems too.

I will finish a beta version when I complete at least the 3rd Rank quests :D

But I was wondering, should I add a farm in the village?

Status
Not open for further replies.