• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] MegaCraft I : The Reunion of Two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
@Rence Kristoff: Thanks for your support and kind words :)
Yeah, it takes time. Searching (and perhaps making) models alone takes a lot of time, but I assure you that the final product will be awesome, even better than many modern games published by companies! :D

Just not sure if the campaign will be imbalanced or not, and let's hope I'll keep the filesize small and you have enough hotspot to download this

Any complicated systemic ideas to implement? Perhaps could help with my studies.

Wow, really? Thanks a lot, Daffa! :D
(Sorry if it's too overwhelming, but let's try)

• Paratroopers with planes (don't worry about the planes, we already have Fingolfin's aircraft system, just make sure it's not controllable by player)?
  • Prism Tank's attack?
  • Prism Tower's linking support?
  • Tesla Troopers charging Tesla Coils?
  • Custom Food System with unlimited cap and also count initial units and readjust as units change ownership?
  • Custom Power System and powered defenses like in Yuri's Revenge?
    • Power generated will also depend on status of a powerplant, if powerplant is damaged then power goes down.
    • If power goes down, certain defenses stop working and maybe production will stop?
  • Multiboard to display your and allies' resource, food and power? (also if spy systems are implemented, allows showing data of infiltrated enemy)
  • Yuri's Revenge production system?
    • allow queues up to 50 units
    • Construction Yards!
    • allow to set primary structures
    • at the very least production tab allow to categorize into buildings and units (maybe buildings, armory and units)
    • infantry, vehicle, hero and naval unit production perhaps can be separated?
    • Walkable Ore, Gem (harmless) and Tiberium (poisons many organic units, blue ones even blow up when fired upon, causing chain reaction)? Specified units (tanks) will be slower when moving across ores, gems and Tiberium
  • A better Mastermind mind control system? The one already in the Hive Workshop has a major bug, you can't stop them from draining health even after stop controlling more than three units. Also, better if you let me customize the safe capacity of the Mastermind
  • Veinhole Monsters?

Last edited:
@Rence Kristoff: Thanks for your support and kind words :)
Yeah, it takes time. Searching (and perhaps making) models alone takes a lot of time, but I assure you that the final product will be awesome, even better than many modern games published by companies! :D

Just not sure if the campaign will be imbalanced or not, and let's hope I'll keep the filesize small and you have enough hotspot to download this

Wow, really? Thanks a lot, Daffa! :D
(Sorry if it's too overwhelming, but let's try)

• Paratroopers with planes (don't worry about the planes, we already have Fingolfin's aircraft system, just make sure it's not controllable by player)?
  • Prism Tank's attack?
  • Prism Tower's linking support?
  • Tesla Troopers charging Tesla Coils?
  • Custom Food System with unlimited cap and also count initial units and readjust as units change ownership?
  • Custom Power System and powered defenses like in Yuri's Revenge?
    • Power generated will also depend on status of a powerplant, if powerplant is damaged then power goes down.
    • If power goes down, certain defenses stop working and maybe production will stop?
  • Multiboard to display your and allies' resource, food and power? (also if spy systems are implemented, allows showing data of infiltrated enemy)
  • Yuri's Revenge production system?
    • allow queues up to 50 units
    • Construction Yards!
    • allow to set primary structures
    • at the very least production tab allow to categorize into buildings and units (maybe buildings, armory and units)
    • infantry, vehicle, hero and naval unit production perhaps can be separated?
    • Walkable Ore, Gem (harmless) and Tiberium (poisons many organic units, blue ones even blow up when fired upon, causing chain reaction)? Specified units (tanks) will be slower when moving across ores, gems and Tiberium
  • A better Mastermind mind control system? The one already in the Hive Workshop has a major bug, you can't stop them from draining health even after stop controlling more than three units. Also, better if you let me customize the safe capacity of the Mastermind
  • Veinhole Monsters?

Complex ones eh? I'll take a look then.

For MCS, I recommend contact TC about the bug.

Level 22
@Daffa the Mage: but it would be easier for both of us if we just do our system on the campaign map (you get to access campaign object data, I save time and effort). Otherwise I'll have to import the systems manually into MegaCraft. Right now it's only one map so it's still okay, but when I have ten maps? WoW......

Of course, you can release it to the public! Let us all benefit from this, MegaCraft was also using other people's resources too

Level 22
Not really. Its a mess if one doesnt know GTA San Andreas lore, C&C lores and stuff. Its just to create more unique factions
Oh, and @Paillan:

Well, I had a change of plans -- I cancelled GTA and C&C stuffs, at least their direct names and references. Yes, there will still be ideas from GTA and C&C, but now I am going to turn this into a new lore, diverged from WoW with some retcons.

Also, new RP is not a World Editor product nor a mod so GTA and C&C will still be in the new RP, no worries :)

Level 22
Watching the thread.
^^... This massive project is exciting.!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

As you have known,
this version of Megacraft is put on pause.

@Leo Akastenix is making another version of Megacraft, far more polished than this one! However, in my honest opinion, I think the story of Leo's Version is a bit messy... but still, the gameplay and graphics are cool!

We're sharing the project ownership together, with @Leo Akastenix now doing most of the work in the newer version.

Well, perhaps I might continue my work on this version of MegaCraft, this MegaCraft has an unique story of its own ^^

Level 6
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

As you have known,
this version of Megacraft is put on pause.

@Leo Akastenix is making another version of Megacraft, far more polished than this one! However, in my honest opinion, I think the story of Leo's Version is a bit messy... but still, the gameplay and graphics are cool!

We're sharing the project ownership together, with @Leo Akastenix now doing most of the work in the newer version.

Well, perhaps I might continue my work on this version of MegaCraft, this MegaCraft has an unique story of its own ^^
Does it have the thread too? or still not made yet?
Paused this? Oh yeah, you can continue this as a sequel maybe ^^.. I'll be supporting this project, mate. I can do along with voice acting, spell triggers, and some skills in story scripts. Well if you're interested, feel free to contact me.

Well then, I'll be making some spells and systems and be soon released on hive and some of these fit the war and modern-tech theme of the project like I am planning to make a spell about static grenade (still doing hashtables.) :)

Good luck with the projects mate. I'll hope to see this being under dev again.

Level 22
Does it have the thread too? or still not made yet?
You mean @Leo Akastenix Version?

As far as I know, not yet.

Oh yeah, you can continue this as a sequel maybe ^^..
Hehe
But I think it'll be an alternate universe or even a rebooted and renamed project altogether ^^

I'll be supporting this project, mate. I can do along with voice acting, spell triggers, and some skills in story scripts. Well if you're interested, feel free to contact me.
Great! Thank you!

Well, I'll contact you if I ever need some help ^^
Oh, and, perhaps I might try rebranding the project and redesign the story altogether. At the moment, I am considering to put my story for a book series yet to be released (The Directive Saga) into this project. I was just worried if one day my book series get popular and then Blizzard claims copyright of my entire work...... (alright that's another story for another day)

Perhaps a narrator (preferably a whispering dark voice -- but still audible!) could do? :)
Hmm, yes, we need some fancy and colorful spells!

P.S. ever played Command & Conquer? Like Yuri's Revenge and Mental Omega? I think you can try to make a system for construction yards... ^^

Well then, I'll be making some spells and systems and be soon released on hive and some of these fit the war and modern-tech theme of the project like I am planning to make a spell about static grenade (still doing hashtables.) :)

Cool! I would like to know more about the spells and systems? Can you give me some random examples and we'll see what we can do?

static grenade

Is it the kind of grenade that is thrown and then don't explode until any land unit comes near?

Good luck with the projects mate. I'll hope to see this being under dev again.

Hehe thanks for support homie ^^

Off-Topic :
Meanwhile you can also visit my profile in DeviantArt : Kuchenmeister on DeviantArt

Status
Not open for further replies.