• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Hive!

I have been working on a Maze map lately and well... I ran out of ideas for the 2 Level (2nd Maze).
I will put the map up so you can test it yourself.
I would love some feedback/suggestions, just everything you like/dislike about the map!
Oh and I am currently looking for someone to make me an Epic Loading Screen!

Version 5b:
Added 2 traps to the 2nd level
Removed the Roaches from the maze (they are being used somewhere else)

Attachments

• Mazev0.5b.w3x
    583.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 10
Pros:
-Good start
-Some nice features (that require polishing/finishing)
-Multiplayer

Cons:
-Found it boring after a short period of time (wandering tiny confines of a maze constantly)
-Triggers are terrible (repeats, and lots of them)
-Repetitive (wall, wall, wall, doorway? no, spike trap... again)

Comments:
First, add some variety with the terrain. Replace some walls with doodads (like Dungeon barred walls. The place gets repetitive fast, especially when you die because of the traps (maybe add some way of seeing traps before they murder you (and to avoid the vision glitch spam (when slightly within view, invisible units are visible)). Other than that, maybe add some atmosphere to it (if your in a crude maze, add some water streams to looks like sewers, or in a testing lab try some wall models on the hive (there are some nice ones including testing chambers)). Fog will also help create atmosphere.
As for the triggers, they make me assume you don't know much (as they remind me of myself when I first started trigger stuff). First off, you have 4 of most triggers, one specific for each player, when you could have only 1 that deals with all 4 at the same time. If you wish, I could fix up your current triggers to be more space-effective (and not change what they do).

Level 4
I guess the map is currently boring because it is not finished.
I am aware that the terrain currently is quite boring. But I will change it in further versions, as I am specializing on Triggers and getting new ideas first.

About avoiding the Traps: I wanted to add an Item which made you nearly invulnerable against Spike Traps.

What do you mean by invisible units? There arent any.
If you saw some 'oversized' Spike Traps, then you went the right way ;)

Thanks for commenting!

Last edited:
Level 16
could you make the map more scarier?
or possibly, some undeads try to chase you into making you panic?
what about the empty space above? hmm, maybe you should put some challenges
like, making you fight some undead 1 on 1 in a gladiator match, and so many interesting places like making you laugh, panic, and, add some jokes like funny items,
humorous phrases and so many other things.
Left 4 Dead was made to be so scary. but it's fun and funny at the same time, like Ellis!
or a big boulder in a maze or a big butcher try to chase you in a small hallway and you're all cramped in that place and all of you were shouting, cursing and so many more bcoz the other player was scared to go through that spike trap which made you all angry at him.
or even, add some spoofs in some scary movies like saw1. in which you go through a room and a corpse lies there, and a text appears: looks like he cut off the wrong foot.
or another thing like the RING! which she chases you and you try to run away thinking she's a threat and when she finally caught up she just say:
You Dropped your wallet, i just want to return it.
then after all that running, you're back from where you start off.
or even add some trick question, in which you fail, you're dead.
oops, ran out of ideas!

Level 4
Heya!

Thanks for the ideas but most of them are pretty similar to mine.
For example I wanted to make some Saw like stuff, its like you read my mind ;D.
Also I had the idea to make an undead chasing you, so you kinda have to hurry.

Dude are you reading my mind? I seriously had like the same ideas!
Except the RING! thing :p

About the Empty Space, I was planning to put the 'Saw' rooms in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.