• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Development : Forest of Naturz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys,

with this thread, I want to present my map idea to you guys. Now let's start with the description ^^, and sorry if I make any mistakes while writing :)

Forest of Naturz :

History
Epilog & Day 01 Year 510 :

The Elfs and the Barbarians of the West always lived in peace, ignoring each other, till one day as the Warchief of the Barbarians, Ogkro, died and his son, Dakkro, became the new Warchief. He always hated the elfs of Naturz, so his first act as warchief was to declare war against the peacefull elfs of Naturz. The Barbarian attack surprised the elfs and so the Barbarians could easiely destroy the west part of the elf kingdom in 2 weeks...

Day 15 Year 510 :

The Barbarian Horde from Warchief Drakko is now on his way to Naturz. But he will need to cross the ancestral forest of Naturz. Crossing the Forest is the only way to get into to the Capital of the Elfs, Naturz, so Drakko had no other choice then cross the Forest. But now, 2 weeks after the start of the war, the elf mobilized ( what is still a life of their army ) and are now heading to the Naturz Forest. Tharulas, the clan leader of the Greenwood Clan and the leader of the elfs, King Haslas, are commanding the desesperate defence of the forest.

Day 18 Year 510 :

Now the Barbarians have finally reached the Forest of Naturz and destroyed a part of it already, so that they can build a base. The Greenarrow Guards and the rest of the Elfs are ready to fight till the very end so that they can protect their loved forest and capital city. The battle was a massacre and many elfs and humans died in that day, but the numbers of the barbarians where to big leaving the elf no other choice then retreat. After that, Drakko ordered the barbarians to keep advancing and destroying the forest of Naturz, so that they can finally reach the capital city. The remaining troops of the Greenarrow Guard and the Elfs of Naturz went back to the intact part of the Forest, to protect the remaining trees against the barbarian horde. The Leader of the Greenarrow Guard, Tharulas and his father, the king Haslas, have prepared their troops and the Barbarians and Drakko are coming.

Day 19 Year 510 :

The battle for "Forest of Naturz" begins.

Gameplay / Type of Map
FoN is gone be a AoS like map, but unlike in other AoS maps, the >MAIN< objective is not to fight enemy heroes but to conquest bases that gives a sort of bonus to your faction and for you.

Example : If you conquest the Crystal Mine, your gold/second income bonus is going to be increased by 3 and an new unit is gone be added to your. reinforcements( New unit for your faction).

In the beginning of the map, all bases are under the control of Neutral Hostile ( Creeps ). Players will need to defeat the boss ( Level 5-10 Hero with 2 Spells and 1 Unique [ not imba ] Spell ) of each base to make the base tower vunerable. Each base boss has one chance of 30%-40% of dropping one unique item. Those items can be used like other normal items or you can fuse them with other items to create one "epic" item. [ Recipe System :) ]

"Killing" the base tower will turn change the control of the base to your faction. After you take control of the base, 2 merchants are going to appear there. The first Merchant will be the "local" merchant. Those merchants are only found in that base.

Example: You're going to find the CRYSTAL Merchant only at the CRYSTAL Base.

The second merchant is your faction's general. He sells many units ( from your faction ) , that could be useful in battle.

Your faction's shop area is going to be only acessible by your teammates. I've already created 12 type of shops...

The Heroes

I'm wanting to have at least 12 Heroes for each faction.
In FoN, only one type of Hero will be allowed at one time. I've made/choosed that rule because I want to prevent that one team has only the same Hero-Class/Type.

NOTE : I'm accepting any ideas of any hero class/spell! Just post your idea here or contact me :) If I decide to add your hero/spell into my map, you're going to be mentioned in the credits.

Hero Type : Damage
Attack Type : Melee
Primary Attribute : Strength

Strenght : 23
Agility : 11
Intelligence : 18

Spells [ 2/4 ready ] :

"Thunderbolt" :

Enemy units are hitten by a giant thunderbolt that paralises the enemy units, causing the following effects:
- Slows movement and attack rate.
It also deals damage to the target and also an extra thunder damage.

"The Power of the Storm" :

Adds damage and make the attacks of the Hero have a chance of discharging eletricity on the enemy, making them slow and dealing heavy damage on summoned units. The Hero is now also able to attack flying units.

Hero Type : Damage
Primary Attribute : Strength

Strength : 27
Agility : 9
Intelligence : 13

Spells [ 1/4 ready ] :

" Create a "Living Tree" " :

Creates a "Living Trees" that attacks enemy units and that also can call more "Living Trees" to battle, using the "resources" from nearby dead corpses ( Skeletons ). If the first "Living Tree" dies, all the other trees that the dying tree called to battle will also die.

LvL 5
Hitpoints : 1250
Mana : 225
Strength : 46
Agilty : 13
Intelligence : 15

Spells :

"Schockwave" :

A wave of force that ripples out from the Hero, causing damage to land units in a line.

"Bash" :

Gives a chance that an attack will do extra damage and stun an opponent.

"Kobold Frenzy" :

The Hero enters in Frenzy for 60 seconds, increasing it's attack speed by 100 %, but he loses 5 hitpoints per second.

The Terrain

- Terrain Status : --Czarofthewest-- is working on it :D

The Bases

--The Terrain is not ready-- = Can't say/write what types of bases are going to exist...
The Shops

- Weapon Shop
- Armor Shop
- Book Shop
- Crystal Merchant
[ Can only be found in the Crystal Mine Base ]
- Field Commander
[ Buy reinforcements for your ALLY's waves here ]
- General
[ Sells units ]
- Orb Merchant
- Pet Seller
[ Sells monsters ]
- Pirate
[ Sells many expensive but also usefull items ]
- Potion Shop
- Battle Medic
[ Sells many items that keep you alive/ This merchant IS vunerable and can be killed. He also heals you if you are near him ]
- Food Shop
[ Sells rare fruits ( and co. ) that have unique effects. ( no just heals )

The Items

Custom items are going to exist in my map, as well as item recipes and recipe reagents ( Items that give no really bonus, they are actually rubbish, but they are needed in many recipes ).

Normal Items and Recipe Reagents with bonus :

- Crystal Ring [ +4 Intelligence ]
- Ring of Agility [ +3 Agility ]
- Red Crystal [ + 1 Intelligence ]
- Enchanted Glouves [ Grants nearby friendly units an armor bonus ]
- Purification Potion [ Removes all negative buffs. Can be used 2 times ]
- Beer [ Resets all abilty cooldowns. Needs 5 seconds to take effect. Your Hero will also be drunk for some time. Being drunk heavly reduces your movement speed. ]

Recipe Reagents [ No bonus ] :

- Blue Crystal

Recipe Results :

- Crystal Hammer [ --Unique-- / + 9 Damage , + 4 Strength , + 50hp ]

Boss Drops :

[33% Drop Chance] - Glok's Hammer [ +2 Damage , + 1 Strength / Is dropped when carrier dies ]

The blizzard items [More then +200; they are going to be edited and changed so that they are not going to unbalance the map in any way ] are going to be avaliable to, but the most of them are only going to appear in creep loot]

Gold Coins and Honor Points

Gold Coins are the main resource in game, with them you can buy the most items, units and upgrades. You gain 1 Gold every second. Your gold income can increase if your team conquest any base. You also gain 10 gold coins if you kill an unit and 100-200 if you kill a hero.

Honor Points : The Honor Points are going to be used to buy unique items or base upgrades. You gain 1 Honor Point every time you kill an unit. [ 10 Points if the unit was a hero] You also can gain honor points without killing anyone. If you want to do so, you/your team needs to conquest one of the bases in the middle of each lane. This will give you and all your teammates, 5 Honor Points every 10 seconds.

Other Features

- Creep Respawn
- Speed Bonus at your Shop Area
- Siege Units
- Unit Upgrading
- Bank ( You can store up to 6 items here )

Well this are the "bones" of the map, I'm gonna change/add more things in the [very] near future :)
Hope you liked my description and my map idea of course ^^
If you have any suggestion, idea, critic or whatever, just post it here or contact
me.

Map Status

Main Objectives Status :
- 1 of 35 heroes are ready ( 2,85 % )
- 5 of 113 hero spells are ready ( 4,42 % )
- 1 of 15 item recipes are ready ( 6,66 % )
- 8 of 50 custom items are ready ( 16 % )
- Unit Status : 40 % ready
- Terrain Status : --Czarofthewest-- is working on it :D

Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.