• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
The new logo is the clear winner. While the old logo does feel more like a druidic symbol, the new one will do for now.

I have also updated the character descriptions again, mainly to introduce a few new characters that you will encounter in Malfurion's Quest. More characters will be added to the list as development progresses.

183891-albums7057-picture96362.jpg
183891-albums7057-picture96354.jpg
183891-albums7057-picture96363.jpg

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Looking good so far Turnro, keep it up.

Level 2
I haven't played WC3 for years and I downloaded your campaigns some days ago. Absolutely brilliant gameplay and storyline. I'm highly impatient for your next maps and your story's end !! Great work ! Thanks for proving WC3 is not dead. I wish you the best, Turnro :)

Level 3
Turnro,thanks for making such a fantastic campaign! looking forward to it. i wonder will Illidan still play a part in the later chapter? He is awesome and l really like to see him in action with Malfurion.

Last edited:
Level 11
Turnro,thanks for making such a fantastic campaign! looking forward to it. i wonder will Illidan still paly a part in the later chapter? He is awesome and l really like to see him in action with Malfurion.

I agree. Hopefully Illidan and Malfurion could find some way to ally themselves against the Burning Legion and make the Highbourne join Sentinels. They would make a great effort fighting side by side against the demonic invaders... But, of course, only time will tell :)

Level 21
Wow, the new logo is more arcaney and fits the Mage-Druid story. The old logo is more focused on the Druid one, I like that you change it actually, it's appealing to my eyes :)

I accidentally removed my subscription here, how can I get it back?
At the top:Thread tools>Subscribe to this thread

Level 11
Wow, it looks very good! Is that Anetheron? The red dreadlord? Varimathras stole his original orange color, by the way :D

Level 8
Pretty good :D i assume the Dreadlords are the next:Orange-Varimathras
Green-Detheroc
Purple-Balnazzar
Blue-Mepristroth
And the red one it's Anetheron Am i correct?:p

Level 31
Hey guys!

The interlude "Council of the Legion" is finally finished! Here is another screenshot taken from the map:

183891-albums7057-picture96801.jpg

With another map completed, I will now spend the next couple of weeks updating my previous maps. When done, I will immediately proceed with making Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline.

Level 21
Hey guys!

The interlude "Council of the Legion" is finally finished! Here is another screenshot taken from the map:

With another map completed, I will now spend the next couple of weeks updating my previous maps. When done, I will immediately proceed with making Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline.
Looks cool,good job

Level 12
Hey guys!

Great Turnro . I suppose this is Magtheridon , right ?

Level 31
Hey guys!

Many of you will know that I am currently updating the already existing maps of Malfurion's Quest. The reason why I am doing this is because I will be updating the demo to include all the maps I have made so far (along with some general improvements).

Here's some of the changes you will see in the next update:

5 New Maps

New Custom Music

Improved Difficulty Setup
The difficulty levels have been rebalanced and renamed to the following:
Easy -> Normal (No cheats disabled)
Normal -> Hard (Only "whosyourdaddy" is disabled)
Hard -> Insane (All cheats are disabled)

New Items
This includes some items being randomized. This means that the item sets you find will be different every time you play Malfurion's Quest.

Improved Hotkey Setup
Based around the QWER key composition.

Bug Fixes, and much more!

I will announce the release date of this update within the next week or so.

Level 4
Hey guys!

Many of you will know that I am currently updating the already existing maps of Malfurion's Quest. The reason why I am doing this is because I will be updating the demo to include all the maps I have made so far (along with some general improvements).

Here's some of the changes you will see in the next update:

5 New Maps

New Custom Music

Improved Difficulty Setup
The difficulty levels have been rebalanced and renamed to the following:
Easy -> Normal (No cheats disabled)
Normal -> Hard (Only "whosyourdaddy" is disabled)
Hard -> Insane (All cheats are disabled)

New Items
This includes some items being randomized. This means that the item sets you find will be different every time you play Malfurion's Quest.

Improved Hotkey Setup
Based around the QWER key composition.

Bug Fixes, and much more!

I will announce the release date of this update within the next week or so.

Turnro... Turnro TO Be real honest. i really like you and i really appreciate your hard work trying to give a us a cool campaigne mixed with a lot of cool stuff :goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah::goblin_boom: anyway i wish good luck with this campaigne and i will enjoy it thats for sure!

BTW for chaptor 5 (Sentinel) you planned a bonus map, will there be a bonus map for Highborne too? (no need same chaptor but for something else, you dont need to add a map if you dont want to) AND finally I like that you gave Mepphistroph a part in this campaigne since hes out of story when Arthas arrived in Quel Thalas. Will there be a demon side play to ? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Puh lot of writing but anyway :goblin_good_job:^^

Level 31
BTW for chaptor 5 (Sentinel) you planned a bonus map, will there be a bonus map for Highborne too?

I guess only time will tell ;)

ATTENTION ALL!!!

I have currently been reviewing the tech-tree for the Highborne. At the moment, it lacks buildings that are unique, due to the scarcity of night elven buildings. In addition, the buildings for the Highborne are too similar to the Humans/High Elves.

One idea that has been suggested is to replace some of the buildings with Corrupted Ancients, giving the Highborne a more evil feel while being played. However, before I go ahead with this idea, I would like to know your feedback.

Attached to this post is a test map comparing the two tech-tree paths for the Highborne. Simply download and test the map through Warcraft 3.

EDIT: Map is no longer available, as the feedback I have received is adequate enough for testing purposes.

Last edited:
Level 16
Will do right now Turnro :)

Edit:
Just tested them and here's my thoughts on the matter.

1. The middle base(current plan?):
Pros:
~Has that royal charm
~Fits the highborne description
~Focused on 'arcane' and architecture build. (Example I love the arcane golem idea)
Cons:
~Game-wise, these building simply don't look good used together. It's missing a certain theme. Unless the buildings 'fit' together, they really will reduce campaign quality.

2. The south-east base(prospered plan):
Pros:
~Fits the corruption theme, stays true to the nighelven feel to it
~Buildings work great together! This is very important.
Cons:
~In comparison to the above build, these look rather nature-ish, thus diminishing the arcane feeling to the highborne.
~I don't like the treant lumber gatherers.

Final word:
Lore wise, logic wise - I'd chose the first base. Because I feel as if the highborne need to be fairly distinctive from the night elves, considering night elves come after the conclusion of the war itself. Therefore the focus on arcane is a nice touch. But the problem is, currently these buildings don't fit together at all. The citadel is extremely different from the rest(It has blue crystals, while the Mana Forge has purple ones), the Arcane Shrine doesn't belong with the rest of the buildings, the Aviary totally feels misplaced, etc. In my opinion lose the drenai buildings completely.
I really like the idea, though currently the execution is very poor. Perhaps if you could find certain buildings of the same theme, or even ask someone to make a few for you that'd be great.
On the other hand, the bottom base, feels rather cozy, though not grasping the idea of what highborne represent. It feels rather satyric and demonic in nature, while highborne are not far from that, it really doesn't look charming at all.

Other than that, if I find better ones, that I think will fit the picture. I might link them! :)
Oh and good luck, really looking forward to the gameplay!

Last edited:
Level 3
I think you can use both types of bases during the campaign. At the first few chapters, the highborne's buildings are still human-buildings like as the base in the middle of the map. But later as highborne grows more powerful, their evil magic taints the ancient trees and corrupts them and then the highborne buildings are becoming more night elves like just like the base you have at the southeast corner of the map. That's just my suggestion. Hope that will help.

Level 16
I think you can use both types of bases during the campaign. At the first few chapters, the highborne's buildings are still human-buildings like as the base in the middle of the map. But later as highborne grows more powerful, their evil magic taints the ancient trees and corrupts them and then the highborne buildings are becoming more night elves like just like the base you have at the southeast corner of the map. That's just my suggestion. Hope that will help.

Actually this thought did cross my mind as well!, Maybe in maps where we control Malfurion only, there should be corrupted ancients and treants. Whereas the maps where we control that other mage as well, use the center build.

Level 31
Final word:
Lore wise, logic wise - I'd chose the first base. Because I feel as if the highborne need to be fairly distinctive from the night elves, considering night elves come after the conclusion of the war itself. Therefore the focus on arcane is a nice touch. But the problem is, currently these buildings don't fit together at all. The citadel is extremely different from the rest(It has blue crystals, while the Mana Forge has purple ones), the Arcane Shrine doesn't belong with the rest of the buildings, the Aviary totally feels misplaced, etc. In my opinion lose the drenai buildings completely.
I really like the idea, though currently the execution is very poor. Perhaps if you could find certain buildings of the same theme, or even ask someone to make a few for you that'd be great.
On the other hand, the bottom base, feels rather cozy, though not grasping the idea of what highborne represent. It feels rather satyric and demonic in nature, while highborne are not far from that, it really doesn't look charming at all.

Your review sums up the two tech-trees quite nicely :)

It seems that the best thing to do would be to look for more arcane-like buildings, preferably those that fit a certain theme.

Indeed it does. You have just given me some gameplay ideas ;)

Level 31
Hey guys!

Just a quick post to say that the demo of Malfurion's Quest will be updated on the 11th May. This includes new maps and lots of general improvements.

As for the buildings for the Highborne, I have sent a message to Ujimasa Hojo and am waiting for his reply. For the moment, I will have a play with the buildings and see what I can do to make them better.