• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 4
Great and epic campaign. This is the best campaign i ever played . I can't wait for the full version to be released , and for those people who help and supp Turnro thank you so much for this wonderful game. Good luck people :)

Level 7
Great and epic campaign. This is the best campaign i ever played . I can't wait for the full version to be released , and for those people who help and supp Turnro thank you so much for this wonderful game. Good luck people :)

We're glad you like it and thank you for your support!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Man, I haven't visited this thread in a loooooong time.
Last time I have been here, Turnro was working alone.

Regardless, awesome to see this going so well.
Haven't played since... Uhm... Last mission I played was was the one I tested, Highborne storyline.
The one you fight against Tyrande.

Anyway, once this is released, I look forward to play the whole campaign again. :)

Good luck to you two!

Last edited:
Level 7
Man, I haven't visited this thread in a loooooong time.
Last time I have been here, Turnro was working alone.

Regardless, awesome to see this going so well.
Haven't played since... Uhm... Last mission I played was was the one I tested, Highborne storyline.
[spoier]The one you fight against Tyrande.[/spoiler]

Anyway, once this is released, I look forward to playing the whole campaign again. :)

Good luck to you two!

We're really glad you've enjoyed your first experience with Malfurion's Quest but I assure you that the second playthrough will be even better as we are revamping a lot of the older chapters.
Initially, Malfurion's Quest was made by both, Turnro handling the maps, gameplay, and characters while I would tweak and add to the storyline while coming up with new ideas.
Later on, however, I've dropped from the project for about a year and now we're back to it in full force hence the changes and tweaks that are happening.
We're definitely working harder on it now, splitting the work wherever possible but Turnro deserves a lot of credit for all his hard work in all of his Campaigns.
We're definitely planning to fully release Malfurion's Quest in its entirety in 2018.

Thank you so much for your support.

Level 29
Anyway, once this is released, I look forward to play the whole campaign again. :)

I like this campaign a lot! It is very good developed!

The one you fight against Tyrande.

Don't even remember me that moment! That to me was a clear Moral Event Horizon to me! I dearly hope that in the Furion ends up being betrayed by the Highbourne, drained off all of his magic and being sentenced to an eternity of agony and torment! Arch Sage Furion is the character in this series of campaigns I hate the most, even surpassing Kil'jaeden of all people!

Last edited:
Level 7
Hi, FallenStar! May I ask you do you work with Turnro on the campaign to answer the people?

Page 79

Turnro: "Finally, I will not be attending the forums in order to focus more of my time on the development of Malfurion's Quest. Any questions or concerns will instead be answered by FallenStar, who is working closely with me to get this massive project done."

Malfurion's Quest was developed by two people since the beginning. Turnro and myself.
Since he's mainly focusing on the Campaign I will be attending the forums in his stead.

Last edited:
Level 11
Page 79

Turnro: "Finally, I will not be attending the forums in order to focus more of my time on the development of Malfurion's Quest. Any questions or concerns will instead be answered by FallenStar, who is working closely with me to get this massive project done."

Malfurion's Quest was developed by two people since the beginning. Turnro and myself.
Since he's mainly focusing on the Campaign I will be attending the forums in his stead.
Thank you for answering me, FallenStar! And sorry for annoying you! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Thank you for answering me, FallenStar! And sorry for annoying you!
Don't worry nobody is annoyed by our question,we are just a little impatience maybe to see this done ,ah and i believe that most of people have learned to bee patience with others so i don't think is a problem 'waiting".
also i hate to play only one chapter at each release so i better wait and wait and "wait' until some bugs will bee removed after the release and some updates,somehow i know how it works making campaign.
I never said yet how much i love the work of a single huge map with a lot of quests and interesting facts also the terrain of this campaign.
I am sorry to tell you i saw much better terrain but i don't want to make spoilers so keep up the good work .
Good fortune .

Level 2
worst bug EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i tried to continue my sentinel all my items were gone from my heroes also the extra hero at ch 5 wasnt there with at ch 6 however in high campaign all my heroes still have their items.
what the hell is that??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 7
Don't tell me to calm down!!!
It's my save game that was destroyed.
My hours of gameplay that I need to repay again.
Not yours.

So you loaded up a save file in the Sentinel Campaign and all of your items were lost?
Did you save your game on a version prior to Malfurion's Quest 1.3b?
The Highbourne version save file wasn't affected at all?
Did you update your Warcraft 3 version by any chance?
How long has it been since you reloaded your save file on the Sentinel Campaign?

Last edited:
Level 8
Don't tell me to calm down!!!
It's my save game that was destroyed.
My hours of gameplay that I need to repay again.
Not yours.

I think you picked up another campaign and you lost the items on this one when you returned on this one.
Maybe you deserve it,You should know not to do 3 things at a time.
By the way the full campaign is not even released yet i mean those items are too low,why would you need them ,when you can just avoid trash ,
EEEEhhhh,NOW CALM DOWN!! OK.
or maybe you want to lose all the items on Malfurion at last chapter when will bee released,lol please bee friendly with us.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@HEMA_WARAKY: Turnro does not "have to" do anything.
He is doing this as his hobby, he is not forced to do this at all.

You should, of course, report bugs like that, but there is no reason for any foul language - or
for being like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHITASIKFNERFGBPIO §$WEI G VIC§!QF".
That is beneath any adult.

In addition, keep in mind that the entire campaign is a demo right now, so such bugs may occur.

Level 2
@HEMA_WARAKY: Turnro does not "have to" do anything.
He is doing this as his hobby, he is not forced to do this at all.

You should, of course, report bugs like that, but there is no reason for any foul language - or
for being like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHITASIKFNERFGBPIO §$WEI G VIC§!QF".
That is beneath any adult.

In addition, keep in mind that the entire campaign is a demo right now, so such bugs may occur.
Yeah ok.
I was a bit mad.
I know it is still a demo
Not the first custom campaign to play.
Sorry.
I will just play it again

Level 2
O
Can you please answer all of my questions in order if possible?
I work on this campaign alongside Turnro.
My intention is to help with this issue and make sure it won't happen again.
Oh sorry did not notice.
I did save the game prior to 1.3b
When I knew that it was updated and new missions released I immediately downloaded it to continue.
I opened the high campaign and my items were there but as for sentinel there wasn't anything at all.
It has been like 2 or 3 months since I played sentinel.
I finished ch 5.
And waited until you updated the campaign.
As for the game itself I updated about a year or so.
In other words i played all 4 campaigns from the wise until furion quest with 1.27

Level 7
O

Oh sorry did not notice.
I did save the game prior to 1.3b
When I knew that it was updated and new missions released I immediately downloaded it to continue.
I opened the high campaign and my items were there but as for sentinel there wasn't anything at all.
It has been like 2 or 3 months since I played sentinel.
I finished ch 5.
And waited until you updated the campaign.
As for the game itself I updated about a year or so.
In other words i played all 4 campaigns from the wise until furion quest with 1.27

If you saved your game and then downloaded a new version of Malfurion's Quest that could explain why some of the content you had was lost.
It is possible that some of the items you had were changed in a new release which damaged your save file.
This problem will be entirely resolved once the new update for the Campaign is released.
We'll still look into it to make sure it won't happen again.
Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry that this happened to your progress.

Level 2
If you saved your game and then downloaded a new version of Malfurion's Quest that could explain why some of the content you had was lost.
It is possible that some of the items you had were changed in a new release which damaged your save file.
This problem will be entirely resolved once the new update for the Campaign is released.
We'll still look into it to make sure it won't happen again.
Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry that this happened to your progress.
Probably.
But it would not explain why the items from high is still there.
Because I downloaded the campaign and continued both high and sen but items of one camp was gone.
Thank you for your help and sorry for any trouble

Level 7
Probably.
But it would not explain why the items from high is still there.
Because I downloaded the campaign and continued both high and sen but items of one camp was gone.
Thank you for your help and sorry for any trouble

The only answer I have to that is that the items from the Sentinel Campaign differ from the ones in the Highbourne one which explains why only those items were affected.
This is another reason as to why we're not releasing these chapters every few months with a new version of the campaign.
Again we will do our best to make sure this won't happen again upon its full release.
You're welcome.

Level 3
I got some questions for both or any of you two:
-I get to know that you will release the new version in Febraury 2018, right? Then at that time, both storylines will be finished or only one (the Highborne)?
-If the Furbolg Shaman's Barskin is going to have a 'return melee damage', then that means Malfurion's Aura will be change to another Aura ability or a new one. If is a new one, it would be an ability that allows Malfurion to change form, like his fellow druids, but for an amount of time and it would be greater than the others, because if the others druids can change form and Malfurion is an Arch Druid, the I suppose his changed form would be greater and something never seen before in this game. What do you think?
-I see the Horn of Cenarius is occuping one of the inventory slot, is it going to be forever in there? Because it could be a little borring, I was thinking that it could be upgraded, I'm not sure, maybe to give more atributes points, bonus damage/armor, some king of efect or an aura that can fit with the horn. Is it possible that you can do that?

Level 7
I got some questions for both or any of you two:
-I get to know that you will release the new version in Febraury 2018, right? Then at that time, both storylines will be finished or only one (the Highborne)?
-If the Furbolg Shaman's Barskin is going to have a 'return melee damage', then that means Malfurion's Aura will be change to another Aura ability or a new one. If is a new one, it would be an ability that allows Malfurion to change form, like his fellow druids, but for an amount of time and it would be greater than the others, because if the others druids can change form and Malfurion is an Arch Druid, the I suppose his changed form would be greater and something never seen before in this game. What do you think?
-I see the Horn of Cenarius is occuping one of the inventory slot, is it going to be forever in there? Because it could be a little borring, I was thinking that it could be upgraded, I'm not sure, maybe to give more atributes points, bonus damage/armor, some king of efect or an aura that can fit with the horn. Is it possible that you can do that?

-We hope to finish both storylines of Malfurion's Quest in February 2018. However, we most likely won't be able to release it then as the Campaign needs to be followed by a serious polishing which will probably take 1-2 months. This includes bug fixes, terrain improvement, dialogue improvement, gameplay improvement, and other things that are quite important.

-So far we're focusing on the Highbourne Campaign only, not the Sentinel. We do have ideas for the Sentinel Campaign that is on paper, but not in the game yet. There will be, obviously, gameplay changes regarding Malfurion or other units/characters. Some of these will definitely include a new spell which would change Malfurion's playstyle. I'm not sure we will go for a transformation as Malfurion can already transform in an Ancient Elder in the Sentinel Campaign.

-Your suggestion with the Horn of Cenarius makes a lot of sense and we will consider it for sure. We'll probably make the Horn scale with Malfurion's level or change depending on the progress within the game to make sure the Sentinel Campaign won't be too easy in the early levels due to a major item buff.

We will release however Youtube videos which will show some of these changes we're implementing within the game as well as updating everyone on the progress and new ideas for the future of Malfurion's Quest.
We truly appreciate the feedback you've been given so far and I added your suggestions to my notes that we'll consider once we switch to the Sentinel Campaign.

Level 7
We're hoping to finish the Campaign in February 2018 but with the polishing and everything else it might take a while longer, like 1-2 months. Progress is slower than we expected as we're adding a lot and working on it on a different level than we've done before.

Full version both storylines, yes.

Level 5
Bug: So when I scout with the owl there's a cutscene with satyrs... after that my main heroes are teleported there (with no army) to die.

Last edited: