• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 4
Feedback is the passive ability that every attack will burn mana right?? Btw Turnro, is Tyrande dead already in the Highborne or just severely injured?? (asking for spoilers again) :p

Level 17
a tanking hero wolde be nice (although that dose depend on what shape sholde the hero be???) as in paladin/blademaster/demonhunter/or sth????

as for the arcane golams i think its better to have a stomp like ability LIKE thunder club but with other effects

and an epic question is the great chimera going to be present in the game ?? it wolde be very good :D

Last edited:
Level 31
a tanking hero wolde be nice (although that dose depend on what shape sholde the hero be???) as in paladin/blademaster/demonhunter/or sth????

as for the arcane golams i think its better to have a stomp like ability LIKE thunder club but with other effects

and an epic question is the great chimera going to be present in the game ?? it wolde be very good :D

I have actually planned a tanking hero for the Highborne, though I won't be revealing who he is anytime soon since he's in the latter chapters of the campaign. You can also assume that any unit in the Night Elf tech-tree will be available to play at some point during the Sentinel storyline ;)

Level 17
im all good & happy :) as long as the chimera is able to be played :D

umm guys why is kathranis with a shiny demonhunter Blade in his handso_O ???

Last edited:
Level 17
That's just for the preview of the character![/QUOTE]

ya but thats not true :D why do we have to lie to the young minds & destroy there dreems:p:confused::p:D;);):)

Level 17
What's wrong with you, then go find a preview, no one cares about those. They're just there for something you know.

whats wrong with you im just trying to be cheerful thats all, plus idk im just asking cuz i thought this might be true later in the game
on the other hand it wolde be cool if he had the blade,
but camon isnt it a obvious im just trynig to mess around

Last edited:
Level 17
ok will do, and don't mention it .:)

umm dose anyone know how to upload or release a campaign on hive.???

also (if a staff member see this please tell)

Last edited:
Level 4
There is a mission there where you face some Highborne in a fountain in chapter 2 I think, defeat them and watch the cinematic and you will be given a choice to go down as a Highborne or as a Night Elf.

Level 17
who liked witch race so far??

there is snow on the hive leaves i hope they give us a 50+ free model pack for free for christmas :D

Last edited:
Level 31
Hey guys! It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, so I'll just fill you in what I've done since then.

I've been mainly focusing on writing the dialogue for Chapter 6 of the Highborne story-line, which is close to finished. I have also been updating the existing Highborne units, which includes slightly buffing their tier-1 units. One of these changes includes a new upgrade for the Guardian unit:

full

Combat Mastery

Once researched, Guardians will have a 15% chance to dodge enemy attacks and a 20% chance to deal double damage. What do you think of this new upgrade? Feel free to post your thoughts below.

Level 17
its not critical strike nor evasion its actually the passive ability of the pandaren brewmaster called the drunken brawler still about time it came in the game its a very cool spell but: what do you think on giving it to the new melee hero of the highborn that it hasent yet come out????:)

Level 4
This new ability might make me use the Guardian since I never use them. But I still think that the Highborne needs a melee dps hero or unit.

Level 31
its not critical strike nor evasion its actually the passive ability of the pandaren brewmaster called the drunken brawler still about time it came in the game its a very cool spell but: what do you think on giving it to the new melee hero of the highborn that it hasent yet come out????:)

While the ability could be useful for the melee hero, it wouldn't suit the theme and character I have in mind.

But this is a Night Elf Campaign, Sentries and Assassins everywhere!

In a more serious note, while the users can't open the campaign in the editor, having a list with the units is a good idea.

I actually intend on showing a list of the new night elf and highborne tech-trees. It just hasn't been done yet since Malfurion's Quest is still in development and the tech-trees are subject to change.

Nonetheless, I could compile the tech-trees as they are at the moment, but the highborne one will have a few units/buildings missing from the list for story reasons.

Last edited:
Level 31
Happy holidays guys! Just a quick post to show you all the Highborne tech-tree so far. This is subject to change as I progress on Malfurion's Quest, but I feel that the main bulk is there.

full

I have also added the additional information regarding the tech-tree changes I've made to the original night elf race:

Sentinel Tech-Tree Specific Changes

New Units
SENTRY - Tier-1 melee unit with supportive spells. Has the Shadow Meld, Elune's Blessing and Swiftness of Elune abilities. Can be trained at the Ancient of War.
FURBOLG SHAMAN - Supportive spell-caster, with the Barkskin, Lightning Shield, and Healing Wave spells. Can be trained at the Ancient of Lore.
STALKER - Melee stealthed unit. Has the Shadow Meld, Critical Strike, and Evasion abilities. Can be trained at the Den of Shadows.
JAILOR - Tactical ranged unit. Has the Shadow Meld, Shadow Strike, and Blink abilities. Can be trained at the Den of Shadows.

New Building
DEN OF SHADOWS - Stealth unit training building. Trains Stalkers and Jailors, as well as containing the Permanent Invisibility and Blink upgrades.

New Upgrades
ELUNE'S BLESSING - Grants Sentries with the Elune's Blessing ability, which allows them to recover 200 lost hit points per use.
LUNAR UPGRADE - Upgrades Archers into Lunar Archers, permanently increasing hit points by 100 and damage by 3. Lunar Archers also have access to the Moon Arrows ability, which allows them to deal area-of-effect damage to enemy units. Hippogryph Riders also benefit from the additional damage and Moon Arrows ability.
SWIFTNESS OF ELUNE - Grants Sentries with the Swiftness of Elune ability, which increases the attack and movement rate of a single-target friendly unit for 45 seconds. This ability is auto-cast.
ETHEREAL FORM - Allows Faerie Dragons to transition in and out of ethereal form. Ethereal units are immune to physical damage but cannot attack.
FURBOLG SHAMAN ADEPT/MASTER TRAINING - Increases Furbolg Shamans' mana capacity, mana regeneration rate, hit points, and grants them Lightning Shield/Healing Wave.
PERMANENT INVISIBILITY - Permanently upgrades Stalkers to be invisible. However, Stalkers will break their invisibility while engaging in combat.
BLINK - Grants Jailors with the ability to move in and out of combat at the cost of mana.

Other Changes
- Huntresses now start off with the Moon Glaives upgrade automatically
- Glaive Throwers have a new skin and icon
- The Marksmanship upgrade for Archers has been removed in favor for the Lunar Upgrade
- Mountain Giants now start off with Resistant Skin automatically upgraded
- Phase Shift will now heal Faerie Dragons of 75 hit points with each use

Last edited:
Level 17
umm the lunar upgrade dose improve the damage with the splash effect right???
cuz if it dosent i rather have Marksmanship that bostes damage up to 4
also are you sure giving the archers the splash ability is good ?? the ability is good but feels a little weird that a small arrow is strong enough to give SPLASH effect,

and cant the highborne claric's spell of heal be changed with restoring mana cuz its typical priest behavior, also same thing with the power shield im not sure that its changed sense i didnt DL the new ver yet but ether i advice to change or if its allready done well:p just inform me:)

Last edited:
Level 31
umm the lunar upgrade dose improve the damage with the splash effect right???
cuz if it dosent i rather have Marksmanship that bostes damage up to 4l

Marksmanship only increases damage by 3, so the Lunar upgrade does what the former did plus more.

I would honestly prefer some custom spells, but still, amazing job!

You mean post about some custom spells the heroes/units have or something else?

Level 27
Wonder what will be the solution from the Sentinel branch to the fel orcs, even Mountain Giants can't tank chaos damage and even with support there is always a good amount of loses. In the Highborne branch Dragonhawks + Heros are more than enough after you upgrade a few things.

Level 15
Well, it is a campaign. I mever had problems with tanking things. You can pretty much A-click to finish majority of the time.

When I say custom spells, I mean units having custom spells in a way that they were not seen before. Critical strike, evasion, healing wave is nothing new. But still it is not a big deal!

Level 4
The only thing I want is that the Arcane Golem should be moved to another building because upgrading the Violet Sanctum takes forever and without it the Highborne's only tanking unit is Malfurion's Ice Golem.

Level 17
The only thing I want is that the Arcane Golem should be moved to another building because upgrading the Violet Sanctum takes forever and without it the Highborne's only tanking unit is Malfurion's Ice Golem.

the arcane golam can be moved out of the the violet tower however his purpose is not a tanking unit but a lumber harvester but still cuz his a golam i think it has anti spell skin,

((I agree with Mogul Kahn on this spells are a bit copyed from regular ones for the highborn ofc i think that Mogul means overall spells but still this is bad and if im not mistaking the Enchantress of the highborn also has the slow ability and WHY didnt anyone paid attention to my last posting about the priest/claric spell problem???))