• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 11
Is this going to be like the chater in Reign of Chaos where there will be a corrupted forest then we will have to kill a ravenant to restore it?

Level 2
Problem encoutered

Don't know if it's a bug or not but I can't proceed through chapter 8: Great Pursuit. I defeated all enemies base but nothing happen then, the quests just said, defend Santron, Santron mustn't fall or something like that. And 1 another quest hasn't discover yet. I played the storyline again 'cause I chose the Orges after chapter 4 instead of Fel Orcs but the same problem occur, just can't win even when none enemies remain in the map.
Anyway, great campaign though. Wish to see the full campaign of Malfurion Quest. Keep the good work up, fella :)

Level 31
Don't know if it's a bug or not but I can't proceed through chapter 8: Great Pursuit. I defeated all enemies base but nothing happen then, the quests just said, defend Santron, Santron mustn't fall or something like that. And 1 another quest hasn't discover yet. I played the storyline again 'cause I chose the Orges after chapter 4 instead of Fel Orcs but the same problem occur, just can't win even when none enemies remain in the map.
Anyway, great campaign though. Wish to see the full campaign of Malfurion Quest. Keep the good work up, fella :)

Thanks Mistletoe :)

Did you use the 'iseedeadpeople' cheat in Chapter 8 to ensure that all enemies were defeated? Unfortunately, you do have to kill every human and night elf unit and building before you can win this mission. This is one of the things for me to change in a later patch.

Another reason why this bug occurs is that you destroyed all the bases before Samuro and Araj arrives (which could explain why you had an undiscovered quest in that chapter), something which should only be possible if cheats were used (this campaign does not cater for if cheats were used, and so all types of problems can occur as the result of it).

Also, you are not required to destroy the ogres base in Chapter 5 (you are only required to reach Kor'gall and defeat him). Why you can't proceed could be similar to the issue you are having with Chapter 8.

Level 12
As always , great progress Turnro . By the way , have you decided the spells of Cenarius ?

Level 31
As always , great progress Turnro . By the way , have you decided the spells of Cenarius ?

To be honest, I'm not too concerned with Cenarius' spells since he will not be a playable hero in the campaign.

Time for some more news :) Many of you are aware that the current map I am making will be using the map transition system similar to Rexxar's campaign. My original plan was to have only one transition to another map, which is required to complete an optional quest.

During development, I have included another map that players will be able to travel to as part of another quest, in which the player can acquire Jarod Shadowsong. This has slightly increased the development time of the map, but will add more content to the chapter.

For now, here are some more screenshots :)

183891-albums7057-picture99439.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture99438.jpg

Level 12
It is great plan Turnro but isnt a bit too complicated ? I mean the campaign will have 32 maps , it will take a huge amount of time.

Level 15
Maaaaaan, you are great! I just can't wait to play this map! I hope you are going to finish it until the end of this year!

Level 12
Maaaaaan, you are great! I just can't wait to play this map! I hope you are going to finish it until the end of this year!
I dont believe that , i mean Turnro work is great and we can see he gives a lot of time and effort to this project but it is too hard to be finished in just 6 months

Level 31
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've updated this forum, so this post will explain my progress so far.

I am about 75% done with Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline. Most of the remaining work is to do with the transition maps, which I posted about earlier. My aim is to get this chapter finished by the end of the month, in which I will proceed with the Highborne version of Chapter 5.

For now, here are some more screenshots:

183891-albums7057-picture99811.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture99812.jpg

Level 12
Great job Turnro ! By the way , i have the feeling that i must protect the forest from these goblins who want to cut all trees :))

Level 8
Hey that Goblin engineer Gazlowe played in Human and orc story and now he play in the night elves story looks like he always searching for something . he will have a roll to in highborne storyline?

Actually it's on Orc story only, in Human story was other and his name is Tek, Gazlowe it's from the Orc campaign :p

Btw Turnro great work! :)

Level 12
Indeed , Gazlowe was in the orc campaign , but i think that in an older version of the human campaign was Gazlowe instead of Tek

Level 12
Yes , the goblins and draeneies are both presents in the chapter 6 of the human campaign and you must destroy the draenei base to reach the escape .

Level 31
Hey guys,

I'm currently rethinking the role of one of the new units in the Sentinel storyline: The Sentry

183891-albums7057-picture99943.jpg

Current Role and Issues
The Sentry was originally introduced as a tier-1 melee unit, one that was cheap and could be built straight away for the Ancient of War like the Archer. This unit differed from the Huntress, who is a short-ranged attacker more suited to hit-and-run tactics.

Over the past few months, I have received feedback that the Sentry is not unique or useful enough to be part of the Sentinel race. In addition, the Sentry's current state has led some people into thinking that this unit was just thrown into the Night Elves tech-tree with no consideration towards what role it would serve.

Perhaps the Sentry's biggest weakness is late-game. Once the player has access to Druids of the Claw and Mountain Giants, this tier-1 melee unit seems hardly worth getting. Although the Sentry has upgrades available to make it more cost efficient, this has shown to not be enough.

Proposed Changes
My current thoughts are to make the Sentry a more versatile unit. They will still serve as a tier-1 melee unit, but will have access to abilities to make them more useful later on in the campaign.

At the moment, the Sentry's already existing upgrades will be replaced with researches to the following abilities:

Elune's Blessing

183891-albums7057-picture99944.jpg

Heals the Sentry for 150 hit points at the cost of mana. This will allow Sentries to survive longer during the earlier stages of the game. The upgrade for this ability can be researched once the player has acquired a Tree of Ages.

Swiftness of Elune

183891-albums7057-picture99945.jpg

An auto-cast ability that increases a friendly unit's attack and movement speed, allowing the Night Elf army to deal more damage over a period of time. This upgrade can be researched once the player has a Tree of Eternity.

What are your thoughts on the above changes or the Sentry in general? Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below.

Level 12
That is a good idea Turnro, but i think it would be a bit OP because sentinels is already a strong force but thats only my opinion :)

Level 16
I suppose these abilities will make them useless for attack(since they'll not be attacking while casting), but good enough as meat shield on the front line. Taking that punishment.
There's also an alternative you could go for, since the NE have far too many casters to begin with.
Tomoraider in his campaign of Forsaken made a unit dread guard, this unit serves as the sentry mostly. He starts of with a meh health of 500-600 if I remember correctly and has an ability life drain [he drains enemies health over a (long)period of time, thus recovering his health as well, but renders him unable to attack so pretty useless to deal damage]. Now you could consider making elune's blessing something like this.
Also that unit has spell immunity but that would make a t1 unit too OP, unless, you strip their damage to equal a footman. I can see that working actually. :)

Edit
To be more clear:
You could make two research-able abilities, while making their attack weaker, but keep a moderate health of 500-600.
1. Elune's blessing-T2 upgrade(or whatever) - Life steal, long period
2. Spell immunity-T3 upgrade

Level 21
Well it would make the Sentry more interesting, and can it still be a melee unit?
Like it can be a early on unit on melee and you can get archers to get to help as ranged units. Same with Huntresses as well and so forth.

I think I like the spells too, and it could be like a nice damage dealing, while Archers have their own damage dealing and good to know you want to make the Sentires more into better troops.

Level 1
Subscribing to the convo. Looking forward to contributing to the convo (although my skill has regressed; I screen watch too much now lol).