• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 27
Playing the campaing, the Druid version is really good, love the chatty driad hero.

In the last chapter there is a Giant bear and a locked secundary quest, is for the next version or there is something to do before one can interact with that quest.

Level 31
I love it when I play your hardest difficulties ^^,
anyway, a murloc hut seems to float in Chapter 1, the one in the entrance to the big murloc, its kinda blocking my sight from my units sometimes, its just a minor problem, :)

Can you send me a screenshot of the murloc hut you are referring to? I am having trouble identifying the one you are talking about.

Playing the campaing, the Druid version is really good, love the chatty driad hero.

In the last chapter there is a Giant bear and a locked secundary quest, is for the next version or there is something to do before one can interact with that quest.

That giant bear is for a quest and it can be completed. It is started by approaching the lone Druid of the Claw in Astranaar.

Last edited:
Level 11
That giant bear is for a quest and it can be completed. It is started by approaching the lone Druid of the Claw in Astranaar.
Only problem is that he isn't there, or atleast in the Sentinal version, I got this quest when I was walking around, searching for crates.

Level 1
Hi Turnro! It's really great as always. I've completed the new Sentinel mission.

And I can't play the Highborne storyline. Just can't see how Malfurion fights vs Night Elves :(

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Turnro, that spell that Kath'Ranis has, the one that restores health and mana, is too OP. You should, at least, make him unable to cast it on himself.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

You can just spam it on your units and other heroes, and when you run out of mana, you just do it on yourself, and repeat. Hard difficulty btw.

Level 31
Based on the feedback I have received over the last week, I have updated Malfurion's Quest to fix the more notable bugs found. You can view the change log at any time on the campaign's map description page to download the campaign.

As it has been a week since the new maps have been available, I want to know your feedback in terms of comparing the Sentinel and Highborne story lines. So far, which version of Malfurion's Quest do you prefer and why?

Level 23
I prefer the Sentinel one for it was really him and I like the present characters. (Faradrella she doesn't seem annoying but instead funny, atleast. She makes the Sentinel storyline a bit funny and entertaining. Love that dryad). Also the Sentinel is far more interesting and exciting that really gives me an impression like this: "Moaaar chapteeerss please" I really enjoyed it. It makes me love the Night Elves more. As for the Highborne one the story is also great but I find it not so much entertaining and the characters feels pretty dull and no expressions unlike the other one well at least for me but it's just my own opinion, I know many will disagree but who cares anyway. :) Great work Turno.

Level 11
If I had to choose, I would have chosen a Sentinel storyline, because Malfurion that I knew has always been caring and sociable with Night Elves. But I don't say the Highborne storyline is bad, anyway.
Both storylines look great and promising, Turnro. I am interesting to know why was the dark voice inside Malfurion's head so persistent to make Malfurion consume the dark fountain energies and what was that voice, anyway? But I guess only time will tell :)
And I agree with Sclammerz that the characters seems a bit dull in the Highborne campaign.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey Turno, I found a bug in your campaign:

242466-albums7844-picture98030.png

Well, as you can see, the cinematic about the Legion can't be seen, and there's a Sentinel chapter in there, even so I went Highborne. I played the Highborne's chapter 3 when I was going through the campaign, but in the campaign screen, I can't select it.

I just hope you can understand what I'm saying, because I can't :p

Level 31

Well, as you can see, the cinematic about the Legion can't be seen, and there's a Sentinel chapter in there, even so I went Highborne. I played the Highborne's chapter 3 when I was going through the campaign, but in the campaign screen, I can't select it.

Don't worry, Sylvie, I know what you are saying ;)

You will be happy to know that I actually found this bug nearly a week ago and have fixed it in a recent patch.

Level 4

Eh? But I don't seen this bug when I finished playing the campaign.

Level 31
Hey guys! I thought I would show you all a new unit the Sentinels will acquire in Chapter 5:
Rogue

183891-albums7057-picture98126.jpg
183891-albums7057-picture98125.jpg

This new assassin type unit is suited for dealing high outputs of damage, as well as sneaking into enemy bases. Rogues can be trained at a new training building called the Assassins Den.

Level 11
I like it how the new model looks, but in my opinion, it may could have been renamed to some other name, instead of "Rogue". That is because the Night Elves are the Ancient protectors of Azeroth and a peaceful race, not assassins and killers :D
But the model is good, no offence :)

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Turnro: Somehow, I don't understand the Rogue's tactical role. Is he going to replace one existing unit?

Level 9
Warning for people who didn't play the campaign yet<Don't read that post yet>

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Windrunner29: Why are you quoting a spoiler? xD

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You're not the only one, you know. When I saw the scene, I have the feeling that she isn't dead too. :)

Damn back-stabber. ;P

Well, if we assume that Tyrande survived (only time will tell), that would mean that there is no way for Mal'Furion to evade fighting all night elves and their allies since he'd be hunted by them once Tyrande told them everything. That'd make fighting the Legion even more complicated.

Only time will tell.

Level 9
I think that Tyrande didn't survive "(and if she did I'll be happy)", for that the Aspects and the Ancients are going to get him to hell soon, I really started to hate that version of Malfurion, Whyyyyyyyyy?

Level 8
Why you all guys are so sad for tyrande if she is dead than so be it ,they cannot play together in this story because furion must have a clear path for the Legion's arrival,and with Tyrande dead it will be much easier.
I count on the storyline that cannot be changed for some unmotivated reason.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Why you all guys are so sad for tyrande if she is dead than so be it ,they cannot play together in this story because furion must have a clear path for the Legion's arrival,and with Tyrande dead it will be much easier.
I count on the storyline that cannot be changed for some unmotivated reason.

That.
Seriously, guys, stop complaining like that. It's Turnro's campaign, he can do whatever he wants. Trust him on making the thing good, he'll continue the right way. :)

I'll send my views on some of the posts.

I just don't get it how the use of Arcane magic turned Malfie in a d*ck, but wtv :v
Let's just say that the magic is corrupting his mind into total power hungry person.

I don't think so, it will instead be harder than what has been expected. Despite Highborne was an Ally of the legion (more like fall into their slaves), this time around Malfurion will still wipe them out. The reason (based on Ch 2) that Malfurion drinks the fountain is to acquire more power as told by the dark voice to defeat the legion.
Still, I'm start to get curious of this dark voice.

That.
Seriously, guys, stop complaining like that. It's Turnro's campaign, he can do whatever he wants. Trust him on making the thing good, he'll continue the right way. :)
:thumbs_up:

Level 18
That.

I agree ! but perhaps this death is a clue for an awesome thing?! like undeads that revive tyrande and that she become like sylvanas, full of hatred for malfurion (as sylvanas hate arthas) ? Anyways,
Only time will tell.
so we can imagine everything we want.

Level 23
Damn back-stabber. ;P

Well, if we assume that Tyrande survived (only time will tell), that would mean that there is no way for Mal'Furion to evade fighting all night elves and their allies since he'd be hunted by them once Tyrande told them everything. That'd make fighting the Legion even more complicated.

Only time will tell.

You can't blame me. :p

I have this strange feeling. I was thinking she and also Cenarius will stop Malfulrion from his madness and become the fatherly druid once again but in the end after the burning legion's fall OR the night elves and the highborne become best buddies and fight the burning legion. :V
strange right?
I'm not really 100% assuming anyway, only time will tell as you said. I also can't wait for the "Sentinel General's role".

Level 18
I have this strange feeling. I was thinking she and also Cenarius will stop Malfulrion from his madness and become the fatherly druid once again but in the end after the burning legion's fall OR the night elves and the highborne become best buddies and fight the burning legion. :V strange right? I'm not really 100% assuming anyway, only time will tell as you said. I also can't wait for the "Sentinel General's role".

i think that highborns and night elves will be forced to stick together with the demon invasion.

Level 2
I enjoyed both of your stories Turnro, with a slight preference for the highborne one :) Keep it up! Would you mind telling me where I can find the music playing when Mephistroth joins Kil'Jaeden's council? Thanks :)