• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] LOTR TOTAL WAR alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
No it will not have the ai, if somebody will like to make them its ok, but me alone, i dont know how...
now im reworking all the areas of my map, after some testing i have noticed huge pathing problems and the cities was too close each others , im reworking expanding terrain...have little time now...hope to finish the map and get first playable alpha soon....

I was reading you thinking if adding a dragon and this is before the war of the ring however he was killed by Gloin and Glorfindel regardless he still played a part in the lotr lore.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Drogoth_the_Dragon_Lord

Level 20
I was reading you thinking if adding a dragon and this is before the war of the ring however he was killed by Gloin and Glorfindel regardless he still played a part in the lotr lore.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Drogoth_the_Dragon_Lord

Actually he is not part of Lotr lore or rather canon. The warning sign is quite visible at beginning of page. Oh and Drogoth was killed during not before the War of the Ring, Battle for Middle Earth 2 is based on events that were happening during the main story just on the northern fronts.

Level 19
This is a good reference for your map Valandil.

latest

Level 9
Changed the map name from LOTR Total War to War in Middle Earth.
THis because Lotr total war is used for total war game mod and is simple to confuse with that.
Second I have done alot of work now, I have expanded all bases, after some tests I saw units difficult moove in the bases, them now are bigger.
I will upload new version soon and will test it .

Last edited:
Level 9
Nice terrain on new pictures! :ogre_love:

If I may ask, do you have a lot work left to do before the basics of the map can be tested in multiplayer?

Keep up your great work! :goblin_yeah:

Well, not that much before we can test its basics as you said. But a lot of work before The map will be finished. Im planing to add even the fellowship with all its quest if the map will be popular and people will play it . For now there are only 5 playable factions Isengard Mordor Rohan Gondor and Harad i need to finish the terrain and after some tests after the balance corrections I will upload ufficialy the map here on Hive.

Level 9
I have Expand all the cities, now the units dont block in the passages ... the work on the map is going on ... Ive learned a lot of new stuff while im working on it which Id like to include in. Also im very exited of the plans of blizzard to upgrade the warcraft 3 and I hope they will increased the custom map sizes so I can import some cool models for every race to make it feel as midlle earth as possible )

Here is the ltest WIP map ... it is openable so you can see by yourself how the work is going on.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/262286/

262286.jpg

Level 9
Oh I am so exited by the last patch I have found so many awesome models and already imported them into the map. Im now upgrading all the cities int the map, when I will finish I will be working on the mechanics and soon I will release the beta !

P.S. I was busy last time , I have moved to other cities (St. Petersburg) and haven't time to work on the map, but now all is fine and I start my hard work on this map! Thanks all for your support !

Status
Not open for further replies.