• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loraden: The Wizard's Keep [Action/RPG/Puzzle]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Loraden: The Wizard's Keep

History

A keep was built upon the miraculous resting spot of the last stand of the recent war against the Burning Legion, and was founded by Azeroth's greatest Heroes in the hopes to produce some order out of the chaos that ensued after the conflict's eventual resolution. This keep became a great school for the gifted, a secure location for the land's most dangerous artifacts and criminals, and most importantly; a means to unify all the lands. This keep became known as Loraden, The Wizard's Keep.

Loraden Keep- the new beacon of hope within Azeroth... No matter what trouble that will ever befallen the lands, Loraden's Mages, the elite Wizard's of the Halomor Order, will be there to keep peace. After ages of training and study, these warriors heed their calling wherever their destiny has lead them.

Gameplay

Initialization...
Begins as you pick your race than subsequently your class.
You are a student of Loraden, and working your way to become one of the Elite Members of the Halomor Order.
Race affects what skills you're inherently talented for.
Class affects which school of magic you're naturally attuned for.

Schools

Of Magic

[r]
Geomancy
Biomancy
Mysticism
Alteration
Conjuration
Illusion
[c]
Manipulation of the elements. (Ex. Fireball.)
Manipulation of the body's features. (Ex. Recover.)
Manipulation of magical properties. (Ex. Shield.)
Manipulation of physical properties. (Ex. Spikes.)
Manipulation of dimensional objects. (Ex. Spawn.)
Manipulation of the body's senses. (Ex. Blind.)

Classes

Of Mage

[r]
Fighting
Defending
Tactical
Sorcerer
Mystical
Crafting
[c]
Has a brave nature and prefers up close fights.
Has a careful and tough nature in battle
Gifted with intelligence and fights with their head.
Especially attuned with quick mindedness for spell weaving.
Wise and knowledgeable Mage-type that excels at control.
Practical type mage that boasts creating advantages.

Objectives...
Will vary according to game mode. To increase replayability, all modes will have a random aspect.

Game

[c]

Modes

Quest
-
Alliance
-

Arena
-

The Halomor Mage's job is to serve the public. You and your colleagues made a bet- who can finish the most requests first.
The object of the game will be to uncover a quest chain and accomplish it first. Each player will be given a random quest chain.
Once again doom befalls Azeroth. But with the Halomor Order- this time the threat should be averted early.
The mode will enable all players to fight against a similar varying goal as one team.
The lands are safe, but boring. Be the first to win the new, Halomor Mage tournament.
This mode has each player battling against a PvE or/and PvP ladder, perhaps a team mode will also be available.

Dynamics

Hero Growth...
Will be mostly according to items found and spells learned. Actual hero levels will be sparing.
The Loraden Keep's Academy has schools within its walls which will enable most of the learning/growth process.

Battles...
Will be more determined by skill and knowledge of spells. Stats won't be the only deciding factor.

The Map

Summary
The map mostly consists of the interior of the immense Loraden Keep.
The Keep has 4 main areas; The Grand Halls, The Residency Area, The Barracks, and The Arcane Sanctum- all of which is connected in a deep underground. Although the map is dominantly the Keep- there are several areas accessible outside the town.

1st.) Main Entrance/Grand Halls
-Includes prefects offices, kitchen, dining hall etc.
2nd.) Residency Area
-Dorms, shops, etc.
3rd.) Arcane Sanctum
-Academy, Vaults, etc.

L_WK_ES03.jpg
L_WK_ES02.jpg
L_WK_ES01.jpg

Information

I'm currently looking for able people interested in this project.
All positions are open and gladly accepted. Would love if I could get a large team(more than one per area).
I will work in all areas of the map.

Progress

Staff

[r]
05% - Terrain
00% - Units/Abilities
00% - Triggers/Systems
05% - Quests/Storyline
[c]
TastyBamboo
Kercyn
Omidh
-
Updates/News:
[20100713]Recruitment went public!

Last edited:
Level 6
Wow, I really like the idea, also the terrain is just amazing. I like how you make buildings out of alot of doodads. Good luck, I wish you the best.

Thanks! :D I feel this may be my best Idea yet- so I'm going all out with the terrain. The interior is going to be IMMENSE!

Level 11
When you say "Units/Abilities", do you mean that the person responsible for that will create the units and the abilities, or it will just start editing units in the Object Editor. Because, if it's the first, I'm interested :)

Level 6
When you say "Units/Abilities", do you mean that the person responsible for that will create the units and the abilities, or it will just start editing units in the Object Editor. Because, if it's the first, I'm interested :)

:D Well I figured its a good category. I mean units is too small and abillities is too small- so i just put them in one category. Hopefully I'll get more people on one topic. I'll actually be working with all areas of the map (obviously) but I will also do work on all the areas as well.

Level 17
It is a World of WarCraft rip from XGM.ru. The tree is from Eversong Forest.

The terrain looks very much incredible, as does the gameplay. Good luck.

Level 6
Looks amazing so far and its a really good idea,
I like the idea of different schools and classes of magic.
So there will be several possible combinations that
it won´t get boring.

Level 6
Wolfe Orscythe said:
It is a World of WarCraft rip from XGM.ru. The tree is from Eversong Forest.

The terrain looks very much incredible, as does the gameplay. Good luck.

Thanks! Wait till you see the interior than. It will be much more amazing. Also, the exterior isn't done either. xD I never was able to download much (i anything) from that site- so I know its not from there.

Solaris said:
Looks amazing so far and its a really good idea,
I like the idea of different schools and classes of magic.
So there will be several possible combinations that
it won´t get boring.

Thanks! I got the idea from a mix of- a story I write and Morrowind.

Level 12
Thanks for the positive feedback. Terrain is my best trait anyway... its what I do. I just need some trigger fellas.

Well you need to find a skilled and committed triggerer for this project. I can't wait to try a Beta or early version of this, although i'm not expecting that anytime soon hehe.

Keep up your good work/dedication and find a group that can do like-wise.:thumbs_up:

Level 6
Well you need to find a skilled and committed triggerer for this project. I can't wait to try a Beta or early version of this, although i'm not expecting that anytime soon hehe.

Keep up your good work/dedication and find a group that can do like-wise.:thumbs_up:

Ha- that's the hardest part. Finding the skill out there... xD

And heh, I wouldnt make a game that I wouldnt want to play. So I can't wait for a beta either. :D although ill know all its secrets xD
the best part would be seeing other people's strategies

Level 10
is the size going to be a problem on this map? make shure you delete any unused models.
anyways the terrain is astounishing, and you are saving a lot of space usind a lot of standard doodads. looks promising, indeed

Level 6
Np, i can't wait until this is released, just looks like an amazingly lot of fun. and WOHOOO 5% progress!! And did you double click the reply button??? anyways, im
blushwip2.gif
of exitement!!!

LOL thanks. But i actually do use ALL of my models. Its gonna be hard to find a good triggerman though.

Level 10
LOL thanks. But i actually do use ALL of my models. Its gonna be hard to find a good triggerman though.
it's always hard to spot the talents, but if you haven't already, do what our dear prince said, with some screen shots and something of what you got on this page. I bet you ... what can one bet on THW?... i bet you a rep that you are gonna have five triggerers willing to do this... unless you have done it already... just forget the last few lines...

wow... i really love ... i just found out... just look at all the ... in my post...
and also, did that post make sence?

EDIT: Better not keep on with that for to long... i have a thing with going off-topic

Last edited:
Level 4
if u need unit/ability maker, thats my role :D, well i do units good, but abilities are pretty screwed, well if we are talking about advanced, basics are easy, becouse their basics :D
so it would be nice to join u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.