• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
I guess only the end of the campaign will tell who is right, it can be either since we haven't seen everything yet.

Yep, because history is written by the winners, as everyone most likely know...

If Gardon wins, he will be seen as a hero...if he loses, he will be seen in history as a traitor and rebel
Like George Washington (who won)

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Speaking of game cache and item transfer issue. If I recall correctly, chapter 7 of 1st human book has a bug like that. If you try to put any items into Salomar, they won't be present in Chapter 10( or whatever the temple chapter was). Instead he retains his inventory he had at the start of chapter 7. Also I'd like to ask.
If I had some items on Cora and later replaced her with Scarlett, will she get the items from Cora's inventory or will the items simply vanish?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
So i am sitting here wondering...You made us play Van douch,is there any chance in the slightest we might get to controll a demon slave army in the future?I am kinda curious to what do this peeps do,think,live etc etc.

I am pretty sure not all of them are crazed powerhungry dummies or are they...

Level 22
So i am sitting here wondering...You made us play Van douch,is there any chance in the slightest we might get to controll a demon slave army in the future?I am kinda curious to what do this peeps do,think,live etc etc.

Hmm remember lord Margazar the demon that is undead and Aridon's servant? Well since demons consider him a high- ranking commander and don't know the truth about him we may get a mission in the undead book where he is undercover as a demon commander and with him we cause a demon slave revolt and commad them while fighting demons. That would be cool, although very unlikely.

Level 29

This is the Second Human Book, so chances of us controlling a demon slave army is very unlikely.

Maybe some demons and servants used artifacts and spells to take control of entire regiments at once. It is easier than brainwashing one at a time or searching for possible recruits.

Level 20
I am just curious on how their society might work,even as slaves they seem to be pretty well suplied and on really good shape,whats their understanding of the world is etc.

As for how this new kingdom of Gardon might turn out...Think of Prussia...An army with a state...They gonna smash everything on their way :p.

Level 29
I am just curious on how their society might work,even as slaves they seem to be pretty well suplied and on really good shape,whats their understanding of the world is etc.

As for how this new kingdom of Gardon might turn out...Think of Prussia...An army with a state...They gonna smash everything on their way :p.

I guess the brainwashing serves as rewritting their way of thinking. They are still themselves, but are loyal to the demons rather than to their kind. It is better than simply turning them into zombies or having a single demon serving as some sort of hive mind.

They are gonna smash everything...until they have an Arkain version of World War I.

Level 20
That might be right,having a army of braindead zombies even tho appealing might prove troublesome if your pets run into skilled Generals even tho till now all of their Leaders have failed miserably so the chance of them being nothing but just braindead zombies might not be that farfeched.I mean how do you lose to one undead army as Three armies backed up by Demon commanders :p.

Level 29
That might be right,having a army of braindead zombies even tho appealing might prove troublesome if your pets run into skilled Generals even tho till now all of their Leaders have failed miserably so the chance of them being nothing but just braindead zombies might not be that farfeched.I mean how do you lose to one undead army as Three armies backed up by Demon commanders :p.

-They underestimated the undeads
-Rather than having a single powerful base, they were scattered across the map
-The leaders guarding the pieces were not on the bases and instead were on weak-defended positions
-And most of all, undead » demon slaves:)

Level 29
Losing to Baron W/e his name and Flesh tearer gotta be embaressing...Dam embaressing.

Well none of them survived and became servants of Aridon...
They should be grateful for now serving a faction that protects Arkain rather than being slaves to demons:)

Level 10
True. The ones serving willingly the demons deserved it though...
The others...maybe very weak-minded if they ended up brainwashed by demons.

Maybe they were Trump´s voters. Elected their supreme master who turned out to be a demon in disguise. Or toddler in disguise. Depends on how you view it.

Level 29
Question:
Chapter Seven of the First Human Book does not import items to Ten for Salomar?
Chapter Seven of the Second Human Book does not give Gardon his items?

Is that correct?

I never realized the Salomar issue, but I can agree with the issue in the seventh chapter in the second book.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Question:
Chapter Seven of the First Human Book does not import items to Ten for Salomar?
Chapter Seven of the Second Human Book does not give Gardon his items?

Is that correct?
I can confirm the first one. I could replay it tomorrow to back up with some screenshots if needed.

Level 11
If Gardon was to run for president, I bet his poster would look something like this (jk) but you guys get the idea I'm trying to illustrate here

upload_2017-9-28_23-41-20.png

Level 10
I suggest change in the black dragon momma dialogue. The version you forst released sounded as if they are apologising for what happened.

Maybe change it into something like :

One of theirs commited crime (murder, was it?) on our kin and they refused to give him to us for punishment. So we refused to aid them and thus they brought ruin upon themselves.

Just so it sounds more like "all the blame on the other guy" stuff. You know, when they wanna be worshipped they should sound like that.

Level 29
What did you expect from a guy whos in-game title is the butcher?

Yeah, I still wonder how exactly he got that title. For butchering orcs or demons?

When I saw his title, I thought he was going to be one of those berserker guys that relish on battle and enjoy cutting enemies in pieces by the thousands, leaving piles of mutilated corpses after a battle.

Level 22
Yeah, I still wonder how exactly he got that title. For butchering orcs or demons?

When I saw his title, I thought he was going to be one of those berserker guys that relish on battle and enjoy cutting enemies in pieces by the thousands, leaving piles of mutilated corpses after a battle.
Buther can be a title given to a person who does extreme things like decapitation someone, impaling, and continues to strike them even after they are dead to make sure they don't seem recognizeable, and sort of for his love of sadism. And as we have seen Gardon posseses all these traits.

Level 11
^ I remember playing the 1st human book some time ago, and I had to choose whether to assist Gardon or not, I chose to assist, made sense to me, when I heard that he sounds like a d-knight w/o a horse and that he's called the butcher I replayed the chapter choosing not to assist him because of the ramifications it might bring, to me he always came off as the villain, until I realized that he wasn't later on

But villain or not, do you really want a "butcher" running your nation? Look at what happened with Stalin, Pinochet, etc.

Level 22
But villain or not, do you really want a "butcher" running your nation? Look at what happened with Stalin, Pinochet, etc.
Since we don't know how his reign will turn out with the constant plot-twists we can't say he will be tyrannical ruler for sure. Let's not forget he didn't want to be a king in the first place and shows regret, like in chapter 5 of the second book where he tells General Whitefield he has chosen the wrong side and it's a shame that he has to kill him and when Whitefiend declines to join his side Grdon says he will make it quick. Also in the interlude before chapter 9 he says he will get revenge for Greymoore, proving that he cares for people.
Also just imagine this scenario, you have 100,000 people, but you must sacrifice 10,000 so the other 90,000 must live. What will you chose sacrifice those 10,000 or all 100,000 die? Well sorry man, but sacrifices must be made in war in order to ensure survival. Gardon only does all of this because he wants to save the kingdoms, he won't go on rampaging conquests once he has reformed the Zyainor empire with all 7 kingdoms.

Level 10
Well, we still haven´t seen any hints of inquisition, so let us stay cool boyz. There is still hope.
Of course Shar is known for giving us the most unexpected turns and twists.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition.
Mweheheh

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I feel like I haven't properly mentioned a new Let's Play on YouTube for Legends of Arkain.

The YouTuber and Hive user @Jayborino has completed a Let's Play for the First Human Book
on Tuesday this week. Link!
He has now also started playing & recording the First Orc Book. Link!

Check it out if you haven't already!

Level 11
What did you expect from a guy whos in-game title is the butcher?

You know at first I thought he was called that for his aura; his war aura is the most op ultimate in the whole game +70% bonus to attack of the hero plus every single unit around him, it just doesnt get any better than that, at least not in arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Alright,
before we really go into spoilers for Chapter Ten,
before we will talk about its difficulty and what it represents,
before we dive into the threats you will face there,
before we forget the hate that Chapter Nine has brought,
before we even consider talking about the aid it might bring,

let me say one thing about the difficulty and enemies:
It is all @Kasrkin's fault.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Well folks I'm just here to tell you a few things this time, about the weather it's going to be cold and icy by the way. And a certain smoking friend who is wondering why he still ends up these situations is back, possibly for revenge this time? Who knows, this has been a special late report by Arkain News.

Arkain News, bringing the war to your home.

Level 22
Well folks I'm just here to tell you a few things this time, about the weather it's going to be cold and icy by the way. And a certain smoking friend who is wondering why he still ends up these situations is back, possibly for revenge this time? Who knows, this has been a special late report by Arkain News. Arkain News, bringing the war to your home.
Progaderas is back again? For his own safety stop making him appear on set, what has he done to deserve this? Did he demand a bigger role in the story or something? :p