• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Is Lerrig suppose to appear in the first chapter of the second book even if you destroyed his base in the last mission of the first book?

Level 29
Is Lerrig suppose to appear in the first chapter of the second book even if you destroyed his base in the last mission of the first book?

He is, yes. Destroying his base doesn't imply that we managed to kill him.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Shar Dundred
I actually haven't played the latest version of the last chapter of the first human book. I have to say I'm glad you decided to shake things up with a moba-like map. I saw Jayborino's video and sure it has flaws, but I'd still encourage you to try and make it work, rather then returning it to it's former state. Your campaign is full of marco maps and it's refreshing to some you trying something different. Frankly, it needs just a few improvements to make it great, but it's your decision of course. I just wanted to encourage to not to give up on it so easily ;)

Level 29
A small spoiler for Chapter Ten, so you have something that keeps you awake at night. ;)

Some of you have missed them,
some of you have not.
Some have asked about them,
some have forgotten them completely.
They have been in every First Book so far,
but not in the Second Human Book.

Who could they be?

-Dwarves?

It would make sense as they still haven't showed up, not even a single dwarf!

Level 11
So I know aqt or whatever you call it is over, but I have two questions for shar:

Will the undead paladin knight be making another appearance in the human book?

Why didnt Gardon give one of his amulet trinkets to the exile elf lady, wouldnt it make more sense to have her as a controlled ally than an enemy?

Level 11
fair enough, ill be looking into the aqt then, so im guessing you still have a big bag of surprises left for us, on another note i recall the cannon being mentioned, and also @Championfighter25 saying we'll have to capture it, is this statement valid?

Level 22
i recall the cannon being mentioned, and also @Championfighter25 saying we'll have to capture it, is this statement valid?
In the inderlude before chapter 9 Gardon says he has a plan to both crush Van Durce and then take the cannon for himself. After that he will use it against the demon to crush their invading force, bring the fight to them and reconquer the kingdoms invaded by them. However this is his plan, in reality things can go a lot differently. So yeah the statement is valid.

Last edited:
Level 29
In the inderlude before chapter 9 Gardon says he has a plan to both crush Van Durce and then take the cannon for himself. After that he will use it against the demon to crush their invading force, bring the fight to them and reconquer the kingdoms invaded by them. However this is his plan, in reality things can go a lot differently. So yeah the statement is valid.

Yep. Gardon has everything all planned out. He also had everything planned out in the first book and look how it ended.
I have the feeling that something will go wrong...and by wrong, I mean terribly wrong.

Level 29
@LISBOAH was right with his assumption about the dwarves.
The "riddle" was not supposed to be the thing keeping you awake, but the answer to it.
Chapter Ten brings the Aid and has Dwarves (incl Zarin Hammerfall) but the dwarves are going to be the ones GETTING the help... Or are they?

They haven't showed up for the entirety of the book, done nothing to aid in the civil war, and now we are the ones that will save them?
Well, since the imperials and the elves started retreating, I guess they had to fight in the frontlines against the demons.

Level 22
They haven't showed up for the entirety of the book, done nothing to aid in the civil war, and now we are the ones that will save them?
Well, since the imperials and the elves started retreating, I guess they had to fight in the frontlines against the demons.
So now chapter 10 just turned from ''bringing the aid'' to ''bringing our aid''? Well that ain't fair, oh wait this is Arkain i forgot sorry. :p
Although the geography of the world hasn't been revealed i wonder if the dwarven kingdom is on a very important tactical position?

I have the feeling that something will go wrong...and by wrong, I mean terribly wrong.
Why do i have a feeling Marin will be like Dr. Doofenshmirtz and put a self-destruct button on every single one of his inventions? :D
Anyway since Genethas' demonic invasion force has been dealt with i doubt the demons will launch another offensive immediately. Maybe we can expect an undead betrayal?

Last edited:
Level 29
So now chapter 10 just turned from ''bringing the aid'' to ''bringing our aid''? Well that ain't fair, oh wait this is Arkain i forgot sorry. :p
Although the geography of the world hasn't been revealed i wonder if the dwarven kingdom is on a very important tactical position?

Either the dwarven kingdom stands very close to the demon front, and now have demons on their doorstep, or the dwarves are now the main line of defense and are being overrun by the demons.

Why do i have a feeling Marin will be like Dr. Doofenshmirtz and put a self-dectruct button on every single one of his inventions? :D
Anyway since Genethas' demonic invasion force has been dealt with i doubt the demons will launch another offensive immediately. Maybe we can expect an undead betrayal?

It could be so many things:
-A new demon wave assault
-An orc attack including their new allies
-A group of undead that either serve Sapphira, Rahandir or Aridon
-Betrayal from within as we have seen some dwarves among the demon slaves
-The dwarves provoked the dragons
-etc

Level 29
Never claimed that!:p

Fair enough.
But no dwarf has ever appeared in this book for the time being. No conversations with one, no conversation explaining what are they doing...

They surely must be pissed with the Empire's plan to flee alongside the elves.

Level 29
They are dwarves which means that they just drank ale all day, what are they supposed to be doing? :p

And mining in their caves in search of precious stones, having their blacksmiths forge a lot of axes and complain about elves...?

That is such a stereotype!:D

But I guess they have been fighting the demons right?

Level 22
And mining in their caves in search of precious stones, having their blacksmiths forge a lot of axes and complain about elves...?

That is such a stereotype!:D

But I guess they have been fighting the demons right?
I heard a story that they were Krommed in a cave once and it didn't end well, so they won't be trying to mine again, not after that accident. :D
But yeah they must be at least doing a good job at holding the front.

Level 10
Will our stony friends be getting any cool new toys to play with? Flamethrower, tanks that can attack troops, nuke launchers... ?

Level 29
Will our stony friends be getting any cool new toys to play with? Flamethrower, tanks that can attack troops, nuke launchers... ?

Flamethrowers could be useful against large groups of enemies.
Tanks could serve to break enemy lines. It could be cool putting some riflemen inside tanks to increase the damage. And if we destroy the tanks we still have to deal with the riflemen inside
Nuke launchers however...too futuristic for now at least.

I heard a story that they were Krommed in a cave once and it didn't end well, so they won't be trying to mine again, not after that accident. :D
But yeah they must be at least doing a good job at holding the front.

And others were on some other caves...What happened next was really to die for as they found a different kind of sapphira.:D

Last edited:
Level 10
Flamethrowers could be useful against large groups of enemies.
Tanks could serve to break enemy lines. It could be cool putting some riflemen inside tanks to increase the damage. And if we destroy the tanks we still have to deal with the riflemen inside
Nuke launchers however...too futuristic for now at least.

And others were on some other caves...What happened next was really to die for as they found a different kind of sapphira.:D

Have you noticed those airships shooting rockets? :D :D Got an idea tho. Do you remember that doomsday artillery orcs have? The one that shoots goblins with wings? Or maybe suicide flyer! :D :D

Level 29
Have you noticed those airships shooting rockets? :D :D Got an idea tho. Do you remember that doomsday artillery orcs have? The one that shoots goblins with wings? Or maybe suicide flyer! :D :D

This reminds me of something: if they can create airships that can fire missiles and cannons that can fire directly to the Void, is it possible to create some sort of invisible magical fence that kills any demon that tries to trespass it?

Level 10
This reminds me of something: if they can create airships that can fire missiles and cannons that can fire directly to the Void, is it possible to create some sort of invisible magical fence that kills any demon that tries to trespass it?

That would drain your mages real quick if you wanted to make it across all the kingdoms. With the rate that demons bang each other they would burn all your mana out by just walking into it like russians into a mine field. Maybe orc murloc thrower? Catapult that would spawn a murloc where it shoots in addition to some low damage? :D :D

Level 29
Bloodshield?

Oh right sorry.
Why didn't they tried to create larger ones, you know, without sacrifices? Because apparently they only decided to use advanced magic and technology when they are about to retreat!

That would drain your mages real quick if you wanted to make it across all the kingdoms. With the rate that demons bang each other they would burn all your mana out by just walking into it like russians into a mine field. Maybe orc murloc thrower? Catapult that would spawn a murloc where it shoots in addition to some low damage? :D :D

Are you telling me that they couldn't create self-sustaining magic generators to at least defend the larger cities and fortresses?
That or making turns so that wizards could sustain the shields for a while?

Last edited:
Level 10
Oh right sorry.
Why didn't they tried to create larger ones, you know, without sacrifices? Because apparently they only decided to use advanced magic and technology when they are about to retreat!

Are you telling me that they couldn't create self-sustaining magic generators to at least defend the larger cities and fortresses?

You mean perpetum mobile? Sorry, thats not allowed. Please visit your local laws of nature office to file a complaint. :D :D
Still, some suicide units will suit the game very nice. Using murlocs as naval torpedoes and goblins as living missiles :D :D
Or maybe some mobile barricade. That would be super cool. No food cost, no attack, just a mobile wall.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The airships, the cannon and pretty much everything high-tech has been created by Lord Marin, who is considered an extremely arrogant, but also extremely ingenious individual by all races' standards - including undead.
With enough time, effort and resources he alone might be able to create such a defense, but he has neither.
The demon attacks are too pressing and take the time, the Emperor wouldn't grant the resources or even sanction the operation.

Level 29
You mean perpetum mobile? Sorry, thats not allowed. Please visit your local laws of nature office to file a complaint. :D :D

They can create cannons that fire directly to the Void, powerful airships but creating self-sustaining magic generators is impossible?

Still, some suicide units will suit the game very nice. Using murlocs as naval torpedoes and goblins as living missiles :D :D
Or maybe some mobile barricade. That would be super cool. No food cost, no attack, just a mobile wall.

That is truly barbaric. Using living beings as mere suicidal weapons...

Mobile barricade would be better.

Level 10
They can create cannons that fire directly to the Void, powerful airships but creating self-sustaining magic generators is impossible?

That is truly barbaric. Using living beings as mere suicidal weapons...

Mobile barricade would be better.

We have airships, cannons that can fire across continent (german railroad cannon for example, when this cannon fired you could measure the trajectory deviation caused by Earth´s rotation around its own axis) but we have no perpetum mobile. Sorry. God screwed a bit there.
They are orcs. They see everyone else as weakling or meatshield. Living ammo fits them right.
But yeah, for races that are heavily defensive, like the dwarves, mobile barricades would make sense. Deploying forward positions and retreating them in moment´s notice.

Level 10
How can i get back all the items i acquired during the previous chapters?
I replaced the game file with the older one, but when i started chapter seven, all i had on gardon is his sword, and all the items i got were lost.
someone help me??

Level 29
How can i get back all the items i acquired during the previous chapters?
I replaced the game file with the older one, but when i started chapter seven, all i had on gardon is his sword, and all the items i got were lost.
someone help me??

The game cache is most likely not fixed.
You will have to wait for Shar to finnish the campaign and fix it.

Level 11
wait so let me get this straight
So Gardon only became a general because of nepotism? Hes a good general no doubt, but how can he judge lerrig and other of only having their positions due to who they are, or what family they were born into

Level 29
So Gardon only became a general because of nepotism? Hes a good general no doubt, but how can he judge lerrig and other of only having their positions due to who they are, or what family they were born into

At least he is competent, never betrayed humanity and was never fooled by either a demon or a traitor.

Level 10

It was said that Gardon is emperor´s brother or half brother (specifically bastard brother, term usually used for brothers from same father but different mother in royalty), but it is not mentioned how he became general. He may have simply attended military school and/or most likely their father had them both lectured in the art of warfare and Gardon was simply the better one in that. Ruthless but effective. I cant prove it nor deny it since that part was not mentioned anywhere yet. And Lerrig is a coward in both orc and undead books and a traitor in human book. Tho it may be that Gardon came into kingdoms with the intended goal being to revive that Zay kingdom since the beginning. May be why van Durce has to kill him, to prevent that kingdom from rising again.

Level 29
It was said that Gardon is emperor´s brother or half brother (specifically bastard brother, term usually used for brothers from same father but different mother in royalty), but it is not mentioned how he became general. He may have simply attended military school and/or most likely their father had them both lectured in the art of warfare and Gardon was simply the better one in that. Ruthless but effective. I cant prove it nor deny it since that part was not mentioned anywhere yet. And Lerrig is a coward in both orc and undead books and a traitor in human book. Tho it may be that Gardon came into kingdoms with the intended goal being to revive that Zay kingdom since the beginning. May be why van Durce has to kill him, to prevent that kingdom from rising again.

Or maybe, but just maybe, because van Durce is a douche?:D

Maybe...
He was envious that Gardon was truly competent and that he would try to oppose the Emperor's plan?

Level 10
Or maybe, but just maybe, because van Durce is a douche?:D

Maybe...
He was envious that Gardon was truly competent and that he would try to oppose the Emperor's plan?

You know we may end up founding tyrannical empire that will rival even that of christian kings.

Level 11
That's what I was thinking actually, that whole new nation may be a tyranical country, not unlike that of christian kings....

Level 22
You know we may end up founding tyrannical empire that will rival even that of christian kings.
Gardon the Charlemagne of Arkain. :D
I doubt the Zyainor empire even if reformed with all of the 7 human kigdoms combined will pose any threat to the human empire that emperor Theodor has. And i think Gardon won't make it tyrannical, he may add something like military service by requirement and make the empire focus on a war economy but that's all.

Level 11
Look I like Gardon as much as everyone else here, but I dont think id like to be in a nation thats run by individuals like Gardon, I mean for them the ends always justifies the means, imagine that..

Level 10
Gardon the Charlemagne of Arkain. :D
I doubt the Zyainor empire even if reformed with all of the 7 human kigdoms combined will pose any threat to the human empire that emperor Theodor has. And i think Gardon won't make it tyrannical, he may add something like military service by requirement and make the empire focus on a war economy but that's all.

We do not know Gardon´s motivations. All we know is he is willing to sacrifice villagers for blood shields. You know Shar with his twists and surprises.

Level 10
ok, and imagine you were one of those villagers, would u still vote for Gardon?

I dont think they have elections in Arkain :D :D
Given that the last free journalist Amanda ended up in Kasrkin´s bedroom and hasnt been seen since... :D :D