• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 9
@Shar Dundred

If we siding with her is canon as a choice (or did you remove the canon choices part i cant remember i always mess that up)
Shar already stated that there is no official canon.
The story's canon depends on the player's choices, it's like The Witcher or Dragon Age or Silent Hill if you ever played those games. The story's events and ending differ from one player to another.
As Kasrkin said, there is a cannon but no canon :p

Level 22
@Shar Dundred

If we siding with her is canon as a choice (or did you remove the canon choices part i cant remember i always mess that up)
Since each campaign is in a alternate universe and even some of the stories are in a alternate universe i will just say this:
In this campaign there is no official cannon! Believe what you want! If something is cannon for you then that happened! Yeah now better stop reading before you get nausea and a headache.

Level 9
Oh I remembered him
Thanks for reminding man
I forgot about him, how is he doing these days? Still hearing voices in his head?

Level 22
Oh I remembered him
Thanks for reminding man
I forgot about him, how is he doing these days? Still hearing voices in his head?
Well here is a top secret story even Shar won't tell you about. So him and Aridon tried to roleplay chapter 6 of the first human book.And they came to a point where they had to break the left or the right gate.Ross sadly broke the right gate that unleashed the 1 million demons upon you and Aridon got killed.Ross managed to escape because Aridon bought him time. Now Aridon scream at him at him every 2 seconds from the other side saying:
You fucking idiot!
Yeah the guy just can't take it anymore. I feel sorry for him.

Level 10
You know,One dude telling me that the canon choice is no longer is a thing is more than enough...

Maybe its just one dude and these are all clone accounts :D
Shar will you let us on how your map creation proceeds? Who does which part...
You mentioned that when the terrain by you is done Imperator tinkers with it a bit more while you do triggers, is there any more other people do?

Level 22
Maybe its just one dude and these are all clone accounts :D
Shar will you let us on how your map creation proceeds? Who does which part...
You mentioned that when the terrain by you is done Imperator tinkers with it a bit more while you do triggers, is there any more other people do?
I think Shar does everything by himself. If he needs help with the terrain he calls Imperator or Heinvers for help. And of course he tells Kasrkin to torture... ah i mean enjoy himself with testing the map.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have created the map (including terrain) and everything else.
Imperator is doing adjustments to the terrain, he has already shown me some of the
improvements he has made and they are as good as I expected his terrain work to be.

Everything else is still and will always be done by me alone.

Edit: So... What @Championfighter25 said. :D

Level 10
I have created the map (including terrain) and everything else.
Imperator is doing adjustments to the terrain, he has already shown me some of the
improvements he has made and they are as good as I expected his terrain work to be.

Everything else is still and will always be done by me alone.

Edit: So... What @Championfighter25 said. :D

I have found some beautiful murloc structures. One of them is a murloc pool, which could be very cool for your new orc faction. Murlocs and markura are after all most possibly laying eggs in water.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

so no one bother reading what I wrote about the chapter difficulty effect?
Why, we did. But having a consistent difficulty for every level is better, than making the player think one chapter is harder than another, if you ask me.

Level 22
This excitement waiting for new chapter could light a bulb, man. Give us some progress :D :D
He said he is doing the AI and triggering right now and Imperator is improving the terrain. Soon man, soon, maybe a few days and it will be released. In the mean time stop doing this :D and begin doing this :mad:. We don't want to ruin the chapter's purpose.;)

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I'm not sure we're on the same page here, I thought Shar was found of progressive difficulty
You're funny. Asking, if anyone read your post. I did and I replied. What's the reason for ranting than? Opinions can differ, I left mine. This is an open thread after all.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I hate this language barrier, man. In my country, we use the same word for excitement, tension and voltage (electric). Kills the joke.

Maybe it's the chilling foreshadowing of things to come? Or perhaps just ramblings of an old man. Who knows...

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
The hate will have to wait, current testing does not bode well.

Hmm, spoke too soon. Still have some issues to work out.

Last edited:
Level 10
I can't wait to make the golden guard pay for their treachery

Always hated van durce, almost as much as genethas

but for now I found someone who looks to me like the modern day Lt. Claire

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Alright, I did it you guys will probably see the chapter tomorrow after some balancing.... or just later depending on timezones heh.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.52 released!

General:
- Replaced Scarlett's Silence with Mark of Chaos
- Replaced Scarlett's Sleep with the new version of Dark Spirits
- Increased the hit point regeneration bonus of Regeneration Aura (Overseers) from 100% to 150%
- Fixed several tooltips and buttons
- Fixed several grammar and cinematic issues

Chapter Five:
- Tweaked AI for Purple

Chapter Nine:
- Released

It is time for Chapter Nine!
Embrace the hate you are going to feel!

Level 10
Version 0.52 released!

General:
- Increased the hit point regeneration bonus of Regeneration Aura (Overseers) from 100% to 150%

Chapter Five:
- Tweaked AI for Purple

Chapter Nine:
- Released

Oh hell yeah! Hate, here I come!

Level 22
Version 0.52 released!

General:

Chapter Five:
- Tweaked AI for Purple

Chapter Nine:
- Released

Oh yeah, it's time to make the traitors BURN.. Wait that was chapter 8, still doesn't matter they will all DIE!

Level 12
lol, durce is so buffed up in this mission, he has amulet + holy grail, I wonder how hard the battle between him and Gardon will actually be

Level 22
- You made us play as van Durce. Lol considering how much we hate him you really made us feel the hate!
-I like how black dragoms attack the small golden guard base, althought i should help them i left them to die :p
-It looks like you embraced the entire van Douche thing and added it to your campaign. Well played!
-Van Durce, just like we love him... ah i mean hate him! How can he be so arrogant? You must release some kind of backstory for this.
-Damn he pwned Genethas way too many times. Also really he doesn't care for the kingdoms, but he suddenly wants to get revenge for them?
-Also is Genethas some kind of relative to emperor Theodor?
Anyway chapter was nice, i expected after we killed Genethas Gardon to arrive and we to take control of him, but i guess you are keeping that for the next chapter. Looking forward to the chapter 10( aka the aid)
Also can someone tell me what happens if you spare the dark elves, what changes in this chapter?

Last edited:
Level 10
Its hard to say who actually is emperor´s lil brother. I actually thought Genethas is royal, not imperial. He did drop the van Douche! But van Durce drinking the blood of arkainian? And why did Thanok and the elves not attack Genethas? Are the elves there only to be sidekicks to Thanok or are they there with their own agenda?

Level 22
Its hard to say who actually is emperor´s lil brother. I actually thought Genethas is royal, not imperial. He did drop the van Douche! But van Durce drinking the blood of arkainian? And why did Thanok and the elves not attack Genethas? Are the elves there only to be sidekicks to Thanok or are they there with their own agenda?
Yeah van Durce may be some kind of vampire, maybe that's why he wears a helmet all the time. Well they sent the black dragons to harass them so... i guess they were just weakening them untill Gardon arrives with his main army. The elves i guess will be trainable troops in chapter 10, there is no reason to send them or any amount of troop against a strong base directly to their deaths, that's a thing only van Durce does. ;)

Level 10
Van Durce was talking about Gardon at the end.

That crossed my mind. Explains why Gardon had such vast resources at his disposal. But how could Genethas make van Durce kill Gardon? I smell an old bros dilemma. Maybe reunion between Gardon and van Durce?? :D :D

Level 9
This was certainly unexpected, YOU MADE US PLAY AS VAN DURCE!!! I was waiting for this chapter to water the ground with his blood instead you had us help him...... I was hoping that I downloaded the wrong campaign or something but NO. Van Durce as a hero is an OP and I hated the Orcs' new allies, they kicked my ass, I had to stay on defense gather enough lumber to get the destroyers, only then I had a chance in counterattacking still it was hard. You cannot imagine the hatred and anger that were growing in me playing this chapter but I am not disappointed. Damn, the Orcs did a really good job in improving their arsenal. Their new units are quite impressive, not to mention the damn powerful knights Genethas had. Destroying his base took an hour and I'm sure if the black dragons attacked me as well, I would have to reload tons of times to get it right, Though, I did not see how the dark elves were involved for there were none. I loved and HATED this chapter. GOOD JOB, SHAR. Keep it up this way.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Looks like the people like this chapter. Meanwhile, I'm stuck fighting the elves...