• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 10
Maybe van Durce is defeated early and the emperor sends a force to kill Gardon?

I still wonder how the book will end. I mean, there is no way they will beat the demons in at least four chapters, right? So why am I feeling that this book will certainly not end happily?

I think Aridon is dead permanent for the human book. Maybe like with that Vanessa girl. In human book only Gardon survives demon ambush, in undead book only Aridon survives etc...

They dont beat demons back in 3 chapters. The united kingdoms forces were fighting them the whole time, with the dwarven support and golden guard keeping key assets safe.

Level 22
Let's just presume that they beat van Durce in two chapters and that there is a chapter focusing on Aedale, that means there is three chapters left. How can they beat the Demon Legions in three or four chapters, after a recent civil war that most likely led to the deaths of at least a third of the fighting forces in the kingdoms? Aridon was forced to flee after the Souleater Legion arrived, so how can Gardon beat it?

I am just saying, chances of this book having a happy ending are very low.
Gardon proved he can defeat a force of 2 demon legions at once in chapter 2 so there is a slight possibility.Aridon did sort of a tactical retreat,because fighting a larger army at a open field is a bad idea.Well i guess that the humans with the undead can do a defensive war,untill they don't recover a bit.

Level 29
Gardon proved he can defeat a force of 2 demon legions at once in chapter 2 so there is a slight possibility.Aridon did sort of a tactical retreat,because fighting a larger army at a open field is a bad idea.Well i guess that the humans with the undead can do a defensive war,untill they don't recover a bit.

In chapter 2, Gardon was dealing with a minor demon force most likely, not to mention that Lerrig destroyed the previous demon gates. What are they going to do when they face the elite forces of the Demon Legions led by their most powerful dreadlords?

Just to beat the Elf Queen Gardon needed the undead, the Knights of Korme, Brian and some members of the Golden Guard defected at the middle of the battle. He is going to need a lot more to stop the demons.

Level 22
In chapter 2, Gardon was dealing with a minor demon force most likely, not to mention that Lerrig destroyed the previous demon gates. What are they going to do when they face the elite forces of the Demon Legions led by their most powerful dreadlords?
Lerrig only destroyed 3 demon gates and lost half the garrison of the base put under his command so yeah he didn't do a lot!When Gardon fights the legion's Dreadlords he will have to turn to Brian's mysterious power.I think he can only kill a high ranking dreadlord now that Aridon is missing.
Just to beat the Elf Queen Gardon needed the undead, the Knights of Korme, Brian and some members of the Golden Guard defected at the middle of the battle. He is going to need a lot more to stop the demons.
And the elves needed a entire army of golden guard to just defend them,because just think about it the undead destroyed a few divisions of golden guard in chapter 6 as they said,Gardon destroyed a big base of the golden guard too in chapter 6,a big part of the force in chapter 7 that defended the queen were golden guard,now just remove all golden guard from chapter 6 and 7 and what do you get,a weak elven resistance that won't survive against a moderate demon attack,so yeah Gardon did require a lot to beat the queen,but so did the queen to defend herself from Gardon.

Last edited:
Level 29
Lerrig only destroyed 3 demon gates and lost half the garrison of the base put under his command so yeah he didn't do a lot!When Gardon fights the legion's Dreadlords he will have to turn to Brian's mysterious power.I think he can only kill a high ranking dreadlord now that Aridon is missing.

Let's see this:
Elves: most likely lost at least half of their forces and most of their most experienced commanders.
Golden Guard: they certainly lost at least half of their forces by now and more will die alongside van Durce.
Harmos' Order: they are practically gone, excluding Harmos and some.
Karskin Force: they are disbanded with Blen's death
Dwarves: they must have sustained tough losses against the demons
Kingdoms' forces: they can hold the demons but their forces must have sustained heavy losses, especially since the imperials are no longer aiding them

Aridon admitted that killing a high-ranking dreadlord is very difficult. Brian's power is not known, but I suspect he is stronger than Rahandir but still somewhat weaker than Aridon. And Brian alone is not enough to beat the Legions.

And the elves needed a entire army of golden guard to just defend them,because just think about it the undead destroyed a few divisions of golden guard in chapter 6 as they said,Gardon destroyed a big base of the golden guard too in chapter 6,a big part of the force in chapter 7 that defended the queen were golden guard,now just remove all golden guard from chapter 6 and 7 and what do you get,a weak elven resistance that won't survive against a moderate demon attack,so yeah Gardon did require a lot to beat the queen,but so did the queen to defend herself from Gardon.

This is even worse. No force can hope to defeat the demons on their own and rather than combining forces they are killing each other.
The imperials realized the futility of it and that is why they decided to leave the continent and return to their homeland. The only reason the kingdoms managed to hold the demons at bay for a while was thanks to the Empire and now they lost that support.

Last edited:
Level 22
Let's see this:
Elfs: most likely lost at least half of their forces and most of their most experienced commanders.
Golden Guard: they certainly lost at least half of their forces by now and more will die alongside van Durce.
Harmos' Order: they are practically gone, excluding Harmos and some.
Karskin Force: they are disbanded with Blen's death
Dwarves: they must have sustained tough losses against the demons
Kingdoms' forces: they can hold the demons but their forces must have sustained heavy losses, especially since the imperials are no longer aiding them

Aridon admitted that killing a high-ranking dreadlord is very difficult. Brian's power is not known, but I suspect he is stronger than Rahandir but still somewhat weaker than Aridon. And Brian alone is not enough to beat the Legions.
The part where the elves lost they're talented commanders is correct,while sustaining heavy casualties the good thing about them is because of Gardon's brainwashing of Salana a big part of the elves remained neutral in the conflict.Also Gardon didn't directly engage them in combat as was said in the description of chapter 6,he destroyed they're forests with magic to avoid as much direct combat with them as long as possible.So if we take that into consideration they can still maybe do something.For everything else you are right!
This is even worse. No force can hope to defeat the demons on their own and rather than combining forces they are killing each other.
The imperials realized the futility of it and that is why they decided to leave the continent and return to their homeland. The only reason the kingdoms managed to hold the demons at bay for a while was thanks to the Empire and now they lost that support.
Unite and fight the demons together?Well you can tell that to Rahandir and Aridon,they think that the undead alone can defeat the demons,well i hope they learned their lesson the hard way with the souleater legion and now realise that they're overconfidence in only themselves will be they're undoing!

Last edited:
Level 10
The part where the elves lost they're talented commanders is correct,while sustaining heavy casualties the good thing about them is because of Gardon's brainwashing of Salana a big part of the elves remained neutral in the conflict.Also Gardon didn't directly engage them in combat as was said in the description of chapter 6,he destroyed they're forests with magic to avoid as much direct combat with them as long as possible.So if we take that into consideration they can still maybe do something.For everything else you are right!

In the Aedale focused chapter we may get the option to re-establish Kasrkin. Demons were not only going for humans. There are orcs and undead to hunt as well. We never really discovered how many demons are there. It may be that there are like 2 legions of always rebirthing demons.

Level 29

Remember that most of them only became neutral after Salana joined Gardon,which happened when Gardon was already on the Queen's doorstep. And we have no idea how many elves the undead killed while clearing the way. Since Sapphira was thirsty for revenge and the undead are always eager to have more corpses to raise, they might not have avoided the elves like Gardon.

Plus, there is no elven council now as all of its members died, meaning that the elven government is without estability and is ruled by a clear puppet of Gardon.

Unite and fight the demons together?Well you can tell that to Rahandir and Aridon,they think that the undead alone can defeat the demons,well i hope they learned their lesson the hard way with the souleater legion and now realise that they're overconfidence in only themselves will be they're undoing!

I think Aridon has more aces upon his sleeves hidden, and he is waiting to use them at the right moment. And while they were forced to retreat, they didn't take heavy casualities.

Do not forget that the undead are a faction that has been going on for millenia, surviving the first demon invasion and are still a forced to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Level 22
I think Aridon has more aces upon his sleeves hidden, and he is waiting to use them at the right moment. And while they were forced to retreat, they didn't take heavy casualities.

Do not forget that the undead are a faction that has been going on for millenia, surviving the first demon invasion and are still a forced to be reckoned with.
You mentioning he has more aces reminds me of the 3 bonelords we will see in the second undead book.If you don't know who they are just see page 51 of this thread,i think there was a character bio for them.Who knows seeing how out of nowhere he pulled out sir Edoarus and even dark elves i wonder what more will we see in the second undead book?
Maybe he will use sapper kids?(only Shar will know what i mean,if he remembers that is);)

Last edited:
Level 29
You mentioning he has more aces reminds me of the 3 bonelords we will see in the second undead book.If you don't know who they are just see page 51 of this thread,i think there was a character bio for them.Who knows seeing how out of nowhere he pulled out sir Edoarus and even dark elves i wonder what more will we see in the second undead book?
Maybe he will use sapper kids?(only Shar will know what i mean,if he remembers that is);)

Maybe Aridon has a chamber with a lot of fighters and champions he gathered across centuries and is raising them one by one. Kind of like some villains in cartoons and animes where they decide to unleash a powerful minion per day, rather than using more than one at a time.

Level 22
Maybe Aridon has a chamber with a lot of fighters and champions he gathered across centuries and is raising them one by one. Kind of like some villains in cartoons and animes where they decide to unleash a powerful minion per day, rather than using more than one at a time.
Wait did you just turn Aridon into a power rangers main antagonist,sending minions every day to destroy the team of Gardon,Brian,Thanok,Saphira and Cora?:p
Hahahaha oh that was a good one!

Level 29
@LISBOAH that would be scary

The undeads, on almost every custom campaign, are meant to be scary.

This is Aridon we are talking about. The guy sends his minions to desecrate graves, he uses some of the corpses to create abominations, he sent Largoth to manipulate General Cleavehand, he enslaved an entire race to breed and then made some of said race "rebel" just to have more corpses to raise...

Wait did you just turn Aridon into a power rangers main antagonist,sending minions every day to destroy the team of Gardon,Brian,Thanok,Saphira and Cora?:p
Hahahaha oh that was a good one!

Oh believe me, if Aridon or myself, were those villain, the power rangers were doomed.
If I was sent to those worlds and become those villains, trust me, they wouldn't even have the time to create those giant robots. Heck, I would put bullets right in their heads when they started those silly positions.

Level 22
Oh believe me, if Aridon or myself, were those villain, the power rangers were doomed.
If I was sent to those worlds and become those villains, trust me, they wouldn't even have the time to create those giant robots. Heck, I would put bullets right in their heads when they started those silly positions.
I can imagine they're battlе being something like this:
Power rangers:It's morphing time! M...
Aridon:I could have killed you before you even began to say your first letter you should be grateful
Power rangers:A..
Aridon:Stupid mortals you only speak because i allowed it,now since you entertained me long enough your time is over!
*Kills them all with 5 lighning strikes*

Last edited:
Level 11
I noticed in the chapter where Gardon overthrows the queen the destructors are much more easier to kill now, good job Shar, this makes things a great deal easier for the player

Level 10
I can imagine they're battlе being something like this:
Power rangers:It's morphing time! M...
Aridon:I could have killed you before you even began to say your first letter you should be grateful
Power rangers:A..
Aridon:Stupid mortals you only speak because i allowed it,now since you entertained me long enough your time is over!
*Kills them all with 5 lighning strikes*

Such a waste of good material. No. Aridon would mind control them, put their robot together and had them walk right into the voidlands.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I may sound silly, but I got stuck with chapter 4. I mean it was okay untill the moment I got to teal undead base inside the city. Have tried different army compositions, but eventually had to cheat since none of them helped to get past my opponent. Had no trouble with other chapters though, so got that feeling of an unfinished job with that one. Is there any special strategy for that moment or do I just suck?

Level 10
I may sound silly, but I got stuck with chapter 4. I mean it was okay untill the moment I got to teal undead base inside the city. Have tried different army compositions, but eventually had to cheat since none of them helped to get past my opponent. Had no trouble with other chapters though, so got that feeling of an unfinished job with that one. Is there any special strategy for that moment or do I just suck?
Prioritize your targets. I used 2 armies. First to draw defenders away and second to burn their necropolis and kill all the acolytes. With this done it was only a matter of time and sending soldiers to destroy the rest of their structures. Prevent them from rebuilding their base and the rest does itself.

Level 29
So that means...after they drink enough milk?:)

Undeads don't drink milk...

They drink the despair and agony of the thousands of souls they torture and kill, while delighting in the lullaby that is the cries and screams of their enemies as they die, while standing on the top of a mountain of bodies soon to be raised, surrounded by burning buildings and the blood of the dead covering the ground.

Level 22
Undeads don't drink milk...

They drink the despair and agony of the thousands of souls they torture and kill, while delighting in the lullaby that is the cries and screams of their enemies as they die, while standing on the top of a mountain of bodies soon to be raised, surrounded by burning buildings and the blood of the dead covering the ground.
Damn,that was an epic quote.*claps*
Why isn't it in the campaign description for the arkain undead or even for all undead?How long did it take you to come up with it?

Level 29
Damn,that was an epic quote.*claps*
Why isn't it in the campaign description for the arkain undead or even for all undead?How long did it take you to come up with it?

It took me one minute.
Sometimes my mind goes into full and pure evil :D. It is good to occasionaly let your inner demons get loose. ;)

I did an alignement test once and I was Lawful Neutral, but I also had traces of Lawful Evil.
Just kidding, I was closer of being Lawful Good than Lawful Evil, though Lawful Evil was the third highest

Last edited:
Level 22
It took me one minute.
Sometimes my mind goes into full and pure evil :D. It is good to occasionaly let your inner demons get loose. ;)

I did an alignement test once and I was Lawful Neutral, but I also had traces of Lawful Evil.
I feel like Shar does the exact same thing as you when he writes the dialogue for Duke Volarian.:D
Anyway Shar can you tell us how progress on chapter 9 is going,if there is anything to say that is?

Level 29
What Bonelords??
Remind me of them

Go to page 51 of this thread.
Shar a long time presented some new characters that would appear in the second books. And he talked about the Three Bonelords, three powerful individuals Aridon defeated but with difficulty, and he would soon raise them back.

Level 10
Shar, where did you get your murloc models? Are they of your own making? Or did you use only the vanilla ones?

Level 22
Sir Edorus (sp?) is what scares me the most from Aridon's team
Maybe Shar should consider making some kind of first person horror map at some point where Sir Edoarus chases you,because Aridon ordered him to kill you.
I know the chances of it happening are zero,but it would be cool!
Oh sorry. My apologies.
The 3 bonelords are servants of Aridon that died while he fought powerful enemies in the past.Now since he has enough power he revives them again.You slightly confused their story.;)

Last edited:
Level 29
After how they were enslaved and live only to produce corpses.

Yeah.

I still wanna know about how it started. Were the Nerubians such a nuisance to Aridon that he decided to punish them for all eternity? Maybe the Nerubians were the original natives of Dead Mountain and Aridon came to occupy it?

Level 10
The Legends of Arkain: Origins.

Shar, will there be undead nerubian heroes in the Second Undead Book?

You actually get undead nerubian (demi-)hero if you complete the nerubian rebellion side quest in the 1st chapter of the 1st book. Then, if your demi-hero survives this mission, he will be transferred into the last mission of the book.