• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Kasrkin: ;)

Just passing by to tell you that progress is still going quite well. The terrain of the second part is finished and about 80% of the complete Chapter Eight is finally done. I also fixed some stuff of the previous chapters - like these lazy raiders - and Chapter Eight itself. Also increased the difficulty at some points.

Level 9
@Kasrkin: ;)

Just passing by to tell you that progress is still going quite well. The terrain of the second part is finished and about 80% of the complete Chapter Eight is finally done. I also fixed some stuff of the previous chapters - like these lazy raiders - and Chapter Eight itself. Also increased the difficulty at some points.

Increased? I'm having trouble with it right now! :goblin_jawdrop:

Although, I am very bad at Warcraft III in general but STILL! :xxd:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Zzonehardy: Yeah, I already heard that Chapter One is an evil one. Didn't change it. You'd be tearing your eyes out if you had played the unofficial, three year old version. :p
However, other chapters - like Chapter Seven - were considered to be too easy - on hard as well. This has been changed.

@kakuzu: Hey, thanks man. Still, I personally feel that my work needs much more work with special chapters like Chapter Eight. But hey, if the result is good, I don't care.

I also have an important (and a bit sad) announcement to make. I already knew this for a long time but I didn't want to believe it myself. However, here it is, since we all had to face this sooner or later:
I first wanted the First Human Book to have two different endings. However, since the story is progressing and growing, I had to come to the point to recognize that I can't make two different endings without making the Second Human Book a total mess. The triggers of one single map would already make more work than this entire campaign. So, there can't be two really different endings. I'm sorry guys.
STILL the last chapter WILL affect the following books. Not as much as I planned in first place, but still a great deal.
I'm sorry for those who are disappointed, but I still will include as much decisions as possible. I already told you that side quests (*cough* Both in Chapter Three for example. *cough*) will affect the story sooner or later. Believe it or not, but there are some side quests, you'll regret having completed and others you'll regret NOT having completed. Maybe I'll let you know which are which in the end. ;)

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
@Zzonehardy: Yeah, I already heard that Chapter One is an evil one. Didn't change it. You'd be tearing your eyes out if you had played the unofficial, three year old version. :p
However, other chapters - like Chapter Seven - were considered to be too easy - on hard as well. This has been changed.

@kakuzu: Hey, thanks man. Still, I personally feel that my work needs much more work with special chapters like Chapter Eight. But hey, if the result is good, I don't care.

I also have an important (and a bit sad) announcement to make. I already knew this for a long time but I didn't want to believe it myself. However, here it is, since we all had to face this sooner or later:
I first wanted the First Human Book to have two different endings. However, since the story is progressing and growing, I had to come to the point to recognize that I can't make two different endings without making the Second Human Book a total mess. The triggers of one single map would already make more work than this entire campaign. So, there can't be two really different endings. I'm sorry guys.
STILL the last chapter WILL affect the following books. Not as much as I planned in first place, but still a great deal.
I'm sorry for those who are disappointed, but I still will include as much decisions as possible. I already told you that side quests (*cough* Both in Chapter Three for example. *cough*) will affect the story sooner or later. Believe it or not, but there are some side quests, you'll regret having completed and others you'll regret NOT having completed. Maybe I'll let you know which are which in the end. ;)

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

But that's fine, see you next time.

Level 9
@Kasrkin... that is the best website I have ever seen...

@Shar Dundred just finished the first part of the first chapter, I recorded it... so I'm going to post it here once i'm done uploading it!
It will have things you need to fix and my personal opinions sorry if I sound annoyed this is my Third try you see... I have began to get irritated by this chapter xD

Last edited:
Level 12
@Shar Dundred, dont warry, you are right, you cannot make 2 different ending because you have a campaign series but i like that you make side quest who affect the story line, also good luck with it !

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Kasrkin: Alright, hearing this was almost worth saying it. :D

@kakuzu: The Third Books could have different endings, perhaps. We'll see. I'm also thinking about adding main quests which can be solved in more than one way - with consequences, of course. But we'll see about that.

@Zzonehardy: Watched it and gonna fix the bugs. But the difficulty will remain the same for now. :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You mean like in Malfurion's Quest, right?
I was considering this, but I think it's everyones own choice whether to use cheats or not. But I won't promise anyone that the missions (especially the boss fights) work with "whosyourdaddy" for example without any bugs - and if there are bugs due to the use of cheats, I won't remove them.
If someone decides to use cheats, he himself is responsible for any bugs that occur.

Level 12
Yes you are right, cheating is a free choice, also in Malfurion Quest , you can cheat but only in easy mode, also maybe in the future you will think to make two modes normal and hard , in normal you can cheat and you can play it for fun and in the hard mode you are ready to conquer the world

Kasrkin

Level 26
Chapter Eight V.2: Well, there's no new bugs so woo. There is one mistake in dialogue though when the party first encounters the Forgotten, Bloodclaw simply mispells mess. The fights were much better by the way, I actually lost the first time to Heinvers.

Lookin' forward to the next one man.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.60 released

General:
- Grammar improvements
- Overall improvements
- Replaced Harmos' ultimate
- added campaign logo made by Mythic

Chapter Six:
- Replaced all footmen in dialogues with crossbowmen

Chapter Seven:
- FINALLY fixed the raider bug
- increased difficulty of hard
- Aedale shouldn't get stuck anymore in the end cinematic

Interlude Three:
- Completed Interlude Three

Chapter Eight:
- Completed Chapter Eight

The long time of waiting is over now. Here you have Chapter Eight! Enjoy!
Note that the Chapter is split into two parts, which don't belong together. You actually have to CHOOSE one of them. The game will remember which one you completed. If you played both, it'll save the last one you played - this is important to know for a later mission.
I have to admit, I'm not really satisfied with the second part of Chapter Eight right now - I like the first part much more. It's not unlikely that there'll be some changes sometime.

And here, as promised, some facts about the First Orc Book:
You'll play as Rangul, a member of the Deathbreeze Clan and later chieftain. You'll attack both the Empire and the Demons (Remember the sea fight? Prepare to fight against the Empire next time!) and also be affected by the arrival of the Undead.
Unlike the Empire, the Orcs don't stand as a united force so you'll fight against other Orcs as well.
I won't tell you more for now. ;)

I also added the WIP logo made by Mythic.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Good looking signature. I hope everything is going well with the campaign, aswell.

Kasrkin

Level 26
I'll try to get a report to ye' today Shar but no promises I'm very busy today.

Edit: Well.. did say I was gonna be busy, still sorry man. I'll try to get a report to ye' tomorrow, have a good day/night.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Imperator: Me too. ;)

@Kasrkin: No stress, man.

@youness: I don't think so. Of course, it would save me a lot of work, but I prefer to do these things myself. First, it's unclear if I find a good terrainer who has enough time and second I don't think this would save much time since I'd also have to discuss everything with the terrainer(s). And I'd depend on someone else to send me terrain and stuff.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Did a quick hop over updated chapters to see if new stuff was working and I'll be including the other part of chapter eight in spoilers.

Chapter Six: Dialogue lines correspond to the crossbowman and he's got the right portrait.... what I just wanted to check.

Chapter Seven: (Hard) I like the juggernauts, wyverns seemed to come before I made outposts at the goldmines which was a nice change of pace, yay the raiders worked. I was just checking. I still say there should be zepplin waves before the orcs build their new base.

Interlude Three: Imperial Commander*? I guess, or is there really an Imperial Commando? If there is make it into a unit... please. :D

Chapter Eight B: I liked that demon charge at the start, is... is that pit lord's name randomly generated? What a twist, thought he was dead. In the Madness quest tab it doesn't say Harmos has to survive... what'd the wizard do man? Maybe some dialogue between the order troops and the units under your command. The demonlord's initial death before reviving was just him standing up, impressive. Aaron's divine shield really just stops the fight, perhaps a shorter duration? The other paladin's divine shield as well just sitting there waiting for it to go. There needs to be a reaction on seeing dwarves and elves with the order, elves especially since ye know only recent integration with joint military forces. There needs to be yelling from the Commander, he's a commander after all. Now that there's more story it seems so obvious now that Garthas is the traitor, Gardon is more calm about the whole thing too.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Did a quick hop over updated chapters to see if new stuff was working and I'll be including the other part of chapter eight in spoilers.

Chapter Six: Dialogue lines correspond to the crossbowman and he's got the right portrait.... what I just wanted to check.

Chapter Seven: (Hard) I like the juggernauts, wyverns seemed to come before I made outposts at the goldmines which was a nice change of pace, yay the raiders worked. I was just checking. I still say there should be zepplin waves before the orcs build their new base.

Interlude Three: Imperial Commander*? I guess, or is there really an Imperial Commando? If there is make it into a unit... please. :D

Chapter Eight B: I liked that demon charge at the start, is... is that pit lord's name randomly generated? What a twist, thought he was dead. In the Madness quest tab it doesn't say Harmos has to survive... what'd the wizard do man? Maybe some dialogue between the order troops and the units under your command. The demonlord's initial death before reviving was just him standing up, impressive. Aaron's divine shield really just stops the fight, perhaps a shorter duration? The other paladin's divine shield as well just sitting there waiting for it to go. There needs to be a reaction on seeing dwarves and elves with the order, elves especially since ye know only recent integration with join military forces. There needs to be yelling from the Commander, he's a commander after all. Now that there's more story it seems so obvious now that Garthas is the traitor, Gardon is more calm about the whole thing too.

Again, thanks for the report, Chief. :)
I'll think about the zeppelins. Thing is, I think it could get too hard - even for hard mode. I was already considering adding the Kasrkin mode for extreme difficulty and now I might even do that. :D

For Chapter Eight B:
I actually added dialogues when the enemy Elves and Dwarves appear the first time. Didn't they show up? Gotta take a look at the trigger, I guess.
Gonna take a look at the quest log (I really hate it, when I miss something there...) and the Pitlord's name shouldn't be random at all - yeah, the sounds strange, but it's a pitlord, so it doesn't matter. :p
I'll tell you something about the whole twist thing when I'm done with the campaign. ;)
And for the Demonlord thing: That's a model issue. I was surprised myself.
I'll most likely remove the Divine Shield from this map and replace it with something else - the duration of the Shield is set by the difficulty right now, btw. And you'll get the Commander yelling at you, promise. ;)
Also, for the Imperial Commando: It's supposed to be the High Commando of the Empire and sits around in the safe West. I'll think about changing that (or adding a unit :D )
About the story: There was no way around that, I'm afraid. But I think that it's quite clear because we both know the other chapter. Maybe there's a difference when someone dislikes Gardon and only plays the Genethas version of Chapter Eight. Dunno.
Gardon is only so calm because he thinks he has the upper hand. Should you side with Genethas... Well, let's say I'm quite happy that I'm not Blen.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Level 26
Again, thanks for the report, Chief. :)
I'll think about the zeppelins. Thing is, I think it could get too hard - even for hard mode. I was already considering adding the Kasrkin mode for extreme difficulty and now I might even do that. :D

My own difficulty mode... FOR THE EMPEROR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfORh9cFDU8

And link just cause why not, I'll regret making that suggestion I just know it... I'll be defeated by my own ego... or was it pride? *Shrug*

-and the Pitlord's name shouldn't be random at all - yeah, the sounds strange, but it's a pitlord, so it doesn't matter. :p

I was actually looking at the name and was just thinking... there's no way that's random.
Also, speaking of bosses that firelord seemed like a nice guy.

"One more thing!" Just realized who the faceless hero was named after. *facepalm*

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
My own difficulty mode... FOR THE EMPEROR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfORh9cFDU8

And link just cause why not, I'll regret making that suggestion I just know it... I'll be defeated by my own ego... or was it pride? *Shrug*

I was actually looking at the name and was just thinking... there's no way that's random.
Also, speaking of bosses that firelord seemed like a nice guy.

"One more thing!" Just realized who the faceless hero was named after. *facepalm*

It's the pride. :p
Yeah, the Firelord. Remember him. ;)
And I don't think the one, the faceless was named after, is too happy 'bout it. ;D

Shar help me, I keep editing this thing.

Can't do that. I'm too used to it now. :p

This is very promising! Good luck and God Bless!

This project is very fast , keep it work Shar !

Thanks, won't stop until it's finished. ;)

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.70 released

General:
- Overall improvements
- Replaced all Jungle Trolls (blue) with Forest Trolls (green)

Chapter Eight:
- Added some dialogues

Chapter Nine:
- Completed Chapter Nine

Here it is - Chapter Nine! I'll add screenshots later.
I plan to make another update, with more changes for Chapter Eight and *perhaps* even the Kasrkin mode (extra hard).

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Wow, you're very fast. Any new screenies?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Really great news Shar ! You project is awesome , keep it work !

Will do until it's done. ;)

Wow, you're very fast. Any new screenies?

Screenies will follow soon, I didn't have the opportunity to make good ones without posting a major spoiler. But there'll be some soon.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You want to keep mistery , right ? Also some information about chapter 10 ?

Weeeell, there is a little surprise in this chapter and I don't want it to be revealed too soon. ;)

Chapter Ten input? Here you go:
You'll return to Aedale and Salomar the Healer who found the island and search for the next demonic artifact. Another twist will take place there as well - I get the feeling, chapters 8 to 10 are filled with these, but I don't care. :p

Level 12
It can be something like , on that island our hero find some pergaments with some terrifiant secrets , that island was a demonic laboratory and there there is an old experiment mutant demon.