• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 22
Marin and Praxeus (if still alive) can make a return, and if they accidentally run into each other can tell her what happened to her father.
Bet she'll be even more pissed off if she finds out what happened to Lerrig.(btw is Gardon killing him canon or is the undead killing him canon?)
You may want to add that in the timeline.

Level 11
When I first played that rebellion mission, I honestly thought that half the second book was going to be Gardon invading pyrru

There is a certain depressive but realistic quality to that mission. Its hard to describe or talk about but you know what im saying if you had a hard time winning it. In addition once you won you dont feel like you have accomplished much.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Marin and Praxeus (if still alive) can make a return, and if they accidentally run into each other can tell her what happened to her father.
Bet she'll be even more pissed off if she finds out what happened to Lerrig.(btw is Gardon killing him canon or is the undead killing him canon?)
You may want to add that in the timeline.
Isn't that obvious? :p

Level 29
And please tell him he deserves to get his body cut in half by the fleshtearer, after which Harmos should cast a level 50 Rain of Fire on his body to make sure he is permanetly dead.
Lying is bad, so he better not repeat the same lie twice. :p

To kill Aridon, you would require either another of the Four or a spell compared to a nuke. Or maybe both, and then send whatever remains to a black hole.

So much hate, remember that this leads to the Dark Side.
And remember that Rahandir may throw a meteor on you.

I am already on the Dark Side.

Good luck. I watched 'Armageddon' and 'Deep Impact' and know the plot of FF7, which grants me Instant Immunity to Meteors :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
To kill Aridon, you would require either another of the Four or a spell compared to a nuke. Or maybe both, and then send whatever remains to a black hole.
When talking about the Four, think about this:
How many of them are actually gone? ;)

I am already on the Dark Side.
You are Team Undead, Rahandir wouldn't throw anything on you. I think.

Level 29
When talking about the Four, think about this:
How many of them are actually gone? ;)

The Dark One is slowly recovering.
The Demon God should be dead, but I noticed that in the map there is a fortress with his name, so maybe he survived.
The Shadowed One is dead and parts of him were absorbed by Brian. So maybe Brian is the new Shadowed One?
The last is Aridon himself.

You are Team Undead, Rahandir wouldn't throw anything on you. I think.

YAY!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The Dark One is slowly recovering.
The Demon God should be dead, but I noticed that in the map there is a fortress with his name, so maybe he survived.
The Shadowed One is dead and parts of him were absorbed by Brian. So maybe Brian is the new Shadowed One?
The last is Aridon himself.
Then tell me:
How to kill them again? :p

Level 29
Then tell me:
How to kill them again? :p

This is tricky. These guys are harder to kill than the Taken from 'The Black Company' series.

Overkill Options:
-Absorb all magic in Arkain to a crystal and make a gigantic bomb that kills everything in an entire continent
-Imprison them on another dimension and hoping that they kill each other
-Summon the Chaos Gods from Warhammer universe
-Summon Sargeras
-Recruit God-Slayers from the Fairy Tail universe

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Jokes aside, they are not invincible, else Aridon would just wander around and kill everything that is standing in his way.
Yet, it is true that it is not easy to kill them - it is hard to kill a higher ranking dreadlord, it is even harder to kill one of them.

The Demon God tore the Dark One apart with bare hands and yet the other one was not completely gone.
At the same time, the Four were relatively young still by their standards as divine, ageless beings.
They were capable of using their powers, but had not utilized their use yet, you could say.
That is not entirely true, but you get what I am saying, I am sure.

Level 29
Jokes aside, they are not invincible, else Aridon would just wander around and kill everything that is standing in his way.

-If I do remember, Aridon got weakened after the blast that nearly destroyed the Demon Realm.
-He might know his limitations and doesn't wish to make himself the main target for the mortals in the entire Arkain
-He must be paranoid that some of the other Four survived

Yet, it is true that it is not easy to kill them - it is hard to kill a higher ranking dreadlord, it is even harder to kill one of them.

So basically they can't be killed by mortals' hands. The cannon built by Marin couldn't even kill Kersidar... and apparently the Ogre commanding the Dominion forces too.

Level 29
I know the Purificator heavily injured him, making it much easier for him to permanently stay dead.

Yes, but still... The Purificator that can destroy everything on a large area and fire at stuff until the Void could only injure him, and he was still hard to defeat in the final mission.

Aridon or any other of the Four would not only survive the blast but most likely have very few minor wounds.

Level 29

Just read it.

Wow hearing Marin's part made him somewhat similar to Shockwave from Transformers. He is a scientific genius that follows an arrogant warrior that believes his cause to be right, and most of his actions are done out of logic.
So I guess the Golden Guard will either go and join the Dwarves or maybe join the Kingdom of Kerrel once things with Gardon go south?

Coming up next: Sir Praxeus and the Holy Grail! Starring Sir Praxeus, Tanara and Nysara. And as guest stars, King Arthur and his knights, played by Monty Python! :D:D

Is Nysara related to Lisara? Because their name is kind of similar.

Irony at its finest. Sir Praxeus, the one that should embody Light at its finest,has become a pawn for the very Darkness he sought to destroy.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Is Nysara related to Lisara? Because their name is kind of similar.

Irony at its finest. Sir Praxeus, the one that should embody Light at its finest,has become a pawn for the very Darkness he sought to destroy.
They are not related, no.

And maybe it is a demoness not following the path of darkness but light without knowing it yet? ;)

Level 22
uncounscious -> unconscious
occured -> occurred
A noice -> A noise
Praxeus had head -> Praxeus had heard
refering -> referring
but your are pure -> but you are pure
suceed -> succeed

Guess a substitute to what Rahandir said in 14B needed to be added. :p
Really surprised she would help him survive. Maybe there are quite a few demons who aren't so bad after all, even if she *may* kill him when he is no longer needed.
Kind of funny how when I read the name the first time, I thought she may be a demon in disguise, mainly because the name didn't sound like that of an angel, and it turned out she was.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I imagine Nysara looking something like this:
27976-dc48acbd19e38f8f5178c4ab98245499.jpg

Level 29
Remember that she took am angelic like look when she met with Praxeus.

This is why people shouldn't trust angels. Inside those beautiful faces and bodies that irradiate light and hope, there might be some dark and twisted demons.
For note. I am not referring to literal angels.

And even genuine angels can't be fully trusted. After all Lucifer/Satan was an angel once.

Level 22
The story is told in a weird way to try and discredit both the human kingdoms and the Zyainor empire. Wonder who's the person writing it?
I wonder why Zyainor empire's using so many apostrophes? It's as much of a core part of their empire as black dragons are at this point. :p
Their school of necromancy will sooner or later see it's destruction. Sad they seem to repeat what history taught them is a bad idea once again.
And yeah, Kerrel is doomed. And if Dorten survives the initial invasion, there is a bigger chance of him dying of old age than seeing his kingdom gain independence once again.

In the next spoiler tag, are errors I've found in ''Cold War'' and all your other short stories.

Rebirth

troops had hold their -> troops had held their

man reached side entrance -> man reached the side entrance

looking forward killing -> looking forward to killing

who were still up were either had -> who were still up either had

just commited -> just committed

The quest rooms -> The guest rooms

could hear laugher -> could hear laughter
-------------------------
Diary of a Soldier

whole existance -> whole existence

As daughter of a farmer -> As the daughter of a farmer

something very importen -> something very important

friends and familie -> friends and family

fight to death for -> fight to the death for
-------------------------
Birth of a World

were seperated -> were separated

vulcanic areas -> volcanic areas

who had forseen -> had foreseen

He had forseen all -> He had foreseen all
-----------------------------
Fate's Hand

uncomfortabley -> uncomfortably

Another sacrafice -> Another sacrifice

unjust existance -> unjust existence

searched franticly -> searched frantically
------------------------------
Aftermath

are franticly -> are frantically

assauge his -> assuage his

usful or -> useful
-----------------------------
Arrival

the sacrafices -> the sacrifices

millenium -> millennium

sharp tounged -> sharp tongued

reprsentative -> representative
---------------------------------
Cold War

powerful politicans -> powerful politicians

stories anway -> stories anyway

end of war -> end of the war

eldest of the thre -> eldest of the three

colleagues approched -> colleagues approached

children seperated -> children separated

''Report'', ''Return'' and ''Survival'' don't have any,

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The story is told in a weird way to try and discredit both the human kingdoms and the Zyainor empire. Wonder who's the person writing it?
A noble of Kerrel.
Their school of necromancy will sooner or later see it's destruction. Sad they seem to repeat what history taught them is a bad idea once again.
Keep in mind that it was Aridon who kept the mortal necromancers at bay - or at the very least, it was his command.
He is still in his sanctuary and not interacting with the outside world.
And yeah, Kerrel is doomed. And if Dorten survives the initial invasion, there is a bigger chance of him dying of old age than seeing his kingdom gain independence once again.
Wonder what he'd prefer: Die or be ruled by Zyainor?

Level 29
Gardon's strategy to cause fear could be WAY worse. He could actually have putted the heads of several slain foes hanging on the corridors and rooms.

Or like the Vikings, used the skeletons to create mugs or other stuff.

Or like a Greek tale I once heard, actually served food with pieces of the slain foes.

Level 9
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I have a few questions about the choices from Human Book 1 and 2.

-In Book 1, if you deny Gardon's aid, and he doesn't give Salana the amulet, what happens to her in the last level? Last I played, and did that choice, she doesn't show up, which I found weird.

-What's the consequence in Book 2 if Blen killed the black dragon or not?

-What's the consequence of Zarin destroying the Darkmind clan base in Book 1? I know there's a dialogue that Rath has in the Golden Guard mission, but is that it?

Level 29
-In Book 1, if you deny Gardon's aid, and he doesn't give Salana the amulet, what happens to her in the last level? Last I played, and did that choice, she doesn't show up, which I found weird.

When you say last level, do you mean final mission of the Book 1?

-What's the consequence in Book 2 if Blen killed the black dragon or not?

None. They just mention it.

-What's the consequence of Zarin destroying the Darkmind clan base in Book 1? I know there's a dialogue that Rath has in the Golden Guard mission, but is that it?

I think the only difference is that Rath appears as a commander in the Golden Guard map.

Keep in mind that not all choices will actually have an impact on the story.

Level 5
If you aid Gardon in that Deryl outpost mission Silana is the one attacking Genethas' base and your base if you sided with him, otherwise I believe its Gardon attacking, since Gardon has his 70% damage increasing war aura, if you are fighting against him and he goes to attack your base . . . lets just say you wont be having fun

Level 9
If you aid Gardon in that Deryl outpost mission Silana is the one attacking Genethas' base and your base if you sided with him, otherwise I believe its Gardon attacking, since Gardon has his 70% damage increasing war aura, if you are fighting against him and he goes to attack your base . . . lets just say you wont be having fun
Right, but I'm wondering what happens if you DON'T aid Gardon. Last time I played Salana just wasn't in the last level at all, so I was wondering why

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Any news on Arkain updates can be found in the Arkain News Network thread at the top of the LoA project forum. As for ideas we don't typically take direct ideas from the threads and I'm not sure if we ever did. That does not mean we don't listen to feedback even if I don't want him to listen to ideas on difficulty adjustment all the time.

You can talk about whatever Arkain related here in the old project thread now called, Round Table of Arkain.

Level 6
So I can say than Makeing Thanok a trainable demi hero is good idea but i should't expect that to be in next arkain update, right?

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Eh, he's pretty much a cinematic only role and when we worked on the campaigns he never really changed from that even though we had opportunities to do so.

Those who were with us before Lords of the Golden Guard was released know one such oppertunity.

Last edited:
Level 6
Eh, he's pretty much a cinematic only role and when we worked on the campaigns he never really changed from that even though we had opportunities to do so.

Those who were with us before Lords of the Golden Guard was released know one such oppertunity.
I just had idea to make him like 1 limited trainable Super elite:
Give him fastest hp regen.
more dmg and defense
and give him maybe dragon form or something?
And ad him in several missions only, I am not talking to make him in whole campaing

Is it that much trouble? (I am just courius)

Last edited: