• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 6
when i play last mission of first human book at gardon side (didn't test that bug on genestas side) and take additional Honor Guards for Ironfist that will spawn each wave they always come to the Gardon's fortress after they reach ramp to the base of Knight of Kome or Merlon's base

Level 20
No idea if there is still people watching this or a are interested, but I'd like to let you know that I am doing some writing again and plan to add some lore stuff like Character Sheets etc.
Might also publish some short stories if I like the stuff I am typing .

Everything Arkain related is very much welcomed!

Level 10
Excuse my intrusion, but whats the purpose of this project now, since we are not getting any more campaigns?

Level 22
You've written allies 2 times on the events of 11th of December.
Also, not quite sure about this, should we consider everything said there as official canon? (for the human book timeline)
Your choices making the story turn out differently was one of the greatest things about the series. Taking that away is unfortunate.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMzZ_KCp_E

Alright look I know you guys aren't happy about an official canon cannon but at this point forward it's going to all be written when we actually get to it. And a official sort of events was going to be needed for the third books anyways, everything starts diverging with the first books then the gap gets wider with the second and from little we had planned/brainstormed for possible third books had them vastly different from one another and needed specific circumstances to work.

I hope you enjoy the events to come regardless.

Last edited:
Level 22
You can still consider the choices you made your own prefered canon of Arkain,
Sure you can, but it's pretty pointless.
Official canon is official canon, and it's better to accept it than to self-deceive yourself.
Yeah mine sounds like a pretty extreme position, but my own Arkain fanfic doesn't really matter, what's actually written in the real timeline does.
Regardless, good luck in writting the new book.

Level 6
I think they meant in written form and not in Warcraft 3.
And 3rd books have been sort of confirmed in the past and now I guess it's official.
if 3rd book wouldn't be in Warcraft 3 then where it would be? Starcraft? Diablo? Heroes of the storm? i don't exacly understand. Or he will write it irl?

Level 22
what has Blizzard terms of service to do with that?
Blizzard have absolute ownership of everything created with their tools. (World Editor, Galaxy Editor, etc...)
That also includes the campaign or map's storyline.
So, while he still can release it, it will have to be fully non-profit, negating the purpose of releasing it as a physical book.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
There is no need to discuss this topic further, we already have several pages of that in this thread already and also on other places both here on Hive and I think Hive's Discord.
I was told that Blizzard would claim ownership of EVERYTHING, but I do not see their claims as viable so I do not consider them to own MY lore.
Yet them trying to claim this is unacceptable.

Still, this topic does neither need nor deserve any further attention or discussion.

Reactions: pyf
Level 22
The Dwarves are greedy bastards, that is what they are.
Well, they put themselves in full political isolation. They don't seem like an autarky, so they needes to do something stupid sooner or later.

Sure... because that always works «cough» Dark One «cough» Sorry, I had something in my throat.
The bonelords aren't gods so in their case it's more believable.

What? Aridon never considered the Orcs as part of the balance? What a xenophobe!
His balance made no sense in the first place.
He doesn't even really care about the survival of races native to the continent. (He didn't even bother saving the humans when they were almost at the brink of extinction by the demons)

Anyway it's quite funny. Shar for some reason really loves writing about undead being buried under something by races of the dominion ( first it was Brockta, now it's Zairmak).
It's almost a fetish. :p

Level 22
One final thing you need to add is if Gardon was succesfull in stopping the orcs ally with the murlocks.
Anyway this is getting interesting.
I have no idea why Larine would be pissed off at Vail, since Larine should be under Gardon's control pretty much.
Anyway in the near future Larine will no longer be queen anyway. The undead taking away Salana and helping Gardon put the elves under his own control is just their convoluted plan of allowing them to have a temporary ally, until they don't decide it's time that ends, indirectly help Salana (who the undead haven't probably killed) overthrow Larine, become queen, and cut ties with Zyainor. Yeah, far fetched, but would be interesting if it happens.
By this point I think Dorten would have preferred the demons winning the war. Future events would even make him want it more.
Anyway, a war cold war between Kerrel and Zyainor has begun. Rengar can't and won't bother to join them, due to internal problems.
Dorten is absolutely powerless to oppose Gardon and soon his kingdom may be annexed.

Level 22
Losing many troops is unfortunate, but Larine could just ask for help Gardon, or Vail (bad idea), or Thanok, or Birram, or Theoden of Kome or Claire Greendale or... ok you get the point. She has no apology. The elven kingdom is very important to the Zyainor empire and since Gardon isn't busy fighting in the demonic homelands or repelling huge demonic invasion forces, he could spare some forces.
*Maybe* she wants to impress Gardon, by only using her forces, but this is a terrible way to do it.

Last edited:
Level 12
I always imagined a completely different geography of Pyrru, (had a hard time with that missions as well) and after I beat it, it felt really incompletely like something was left out, ye Gardon got to invade the capital of Toran next, but just one mission where you go into Pyrru and kill some rebelling forces really felt unfinished to me, was there more planned ? Or was this how it was going to play out the entire time, I mean I remember the campaign being canceled around this time so I felt like this might have contributed something to it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I had originally planned to have a chapter that takes place while Gardon is in the capital of Toran,
a map where you would control Larine and Cora and fight against loyal underlings of Retka.

Since the chapter would've been just filler, I decided not to add it.
It wasn't lost in progress, it was cut because it would not have been interesting.

Level 29
I just read 'The Return' short story.

This story is so filled with hypocrisy, self-centeredeness and condescension that it hurts!

First. The Kingdoms didn't betray the Empire, the Empire is the nation that betrayed them. Firstly for sending Genethas, who would betray humanity and lead to the defeat in the First Void War. Secondly, by deciding to abandon the kingdoms.
Second. This guy obviously never met van Durce and the Golden Guard. Those guys are the epitome of arrogance and are anything but heroes. van Durce is the one that decided to kill Gardon, his own nephew, which kickstarted the whole civil war.
Third. 'Beloved Emperor'? Your beloved emperor is of the same race of the ones that brough destruction to the kingdoms.
Fourth. 'Take what is ours?' So why going to the kingdoms if you will get absolutely nothing?
Fifth. 'Victory or death'. Ok, then on behalf of the Watcher Aridon, I send the empire his thanks for providing more fresh corpses so that they can serve a cause that can actually be beneficial.

I guess the Empire will invade the kingdoms. I hope they all bought gravespots and that their 'beloved emperor' provides help to the thousands of soon-to-be widows and orphans.

Level 22
The short story is similar to "Arrival" in a way, though "Arrival" is much, much more balanced (haha) in it's point of view.
And oh boy did the emperor do his job well. His supposed failures who he was ready to abandon and kill himself were falsely turned into heroes, just to give him an excuse for a big morale boost to an already brainwashed army.
And this guy seems to really like Theodor. Guess the emperor rocks.(literally and figuratively)

Level 29
The short story is similar to "Arrival" in a way, though "Arrival" is much, much more balanced (haha) in it's point of view.
And oh boy did the emperor do his job well. His supposed failures who he was ready to abandon and kill himself were falsely turned into heroes, just to give him an excuse for a big morale boost to an already brainwashed army.
And this guy seems to really like Theodor. Guess the emperor rocks.(literally and figuratively)

An army of fanatics, that believe that their cause is rightseous and that everyone else are either traitors or failures, following a guy that has been replaced by a dreadlord. Where have I seen that before?

But seriously though. This reminds me of the brainwashing the Nazis made on thousands of children, making them believe their twisted ideologies. I once read 'Mein Kampf' and it was so idiotic that I stopped reading three pages later.

These Imperials are so arrogant and self-centered that makes me nearly throw up. They went to the kingdoms on their own volition but then act like the kingdoms forced them to do so.

Level 22
Guess it's time for the kingdoms to get their payback for all the empire did.
Actually this war can be a good reason for the people of Zyainor, despite some not liking to live in the country, to unite.
Kerrel, Rengar and the Dwarven realm despite not liking it, may also have to help them with their armies.
Maybe the dwarves won't, but seeing the threat, both parties will at least sign a non-agression pact. And the dwarves keeping the Tribal Dominion busy so they won't attack Zyainor will suffice anyway.

Level 29
Guess it's time for the kingdoms to get their payback for all the empire did.
Actually this war can be a good reason for the people of Zyainor, despite some not liking to live in the country, to unite.
Kerrel, Rengar and the Dwarven realm despite not liking it, may also have to help them with their armies.
Maybe the dwarves won't, but seeing the threat, both parties will at least sign a non-agression pact. And the dwarves keeping the Tribal Dominion busy so they won't attack Zyainor will suffice anyway.

Since the Dwarves are no longer allied with the Kingdoms, they migh be spared. But knowing the Empire, they will not be bothered by this excuse and will attack anyway.

If I was Gardon, I would kill the leaders of Kerrel, Rengar and Dwarves during the war, claiming that they were killed by the enemy, and unite all of the continent under his banner.

Level 22
Since the Dwarves are no longer allied with the Kingdoms, they migh be spared. But knowing the Empire, they will not be bothered by this excuse and will attack anyway.

If I was Gardon, I would kill the leaders of Kerrel, Rengar and Dwarves during the war, claiming that they were killed by the enemy, and unite all of the continent under his banner.
For Kerrel I agree completely.
I would kill the king of Rengar and annex part of the territory, the rest I would make into a puppet kingdom, temporarily at least. That plague in the kingdom isn't something I exactly want to bother with, plus it discourages the tribal dominion from opening another front. I won't ignore it and will keep it contained, but removing it completely means more soldiers stationed to guard the kingdom.
I would kill Zarin, but the dwarves will become a puppet, again at least temporarily.
They are the only shield between Zyainor and the Dominion, and while Zyainor can handle the armies of the Dominion, again wasted soldiers that can be elsewhere, like in the Isalmur defense line or the dead mountain garrisons or defending seaside regions vulnerable to attacks by the human empire.

Level 29
Just read it.

It is 'unknown' by the way

Good to know that at least some imperials aren't so blind like Argastus 'Believes in everything the others say" Corlon.

The Imperial court are either all bottlickers or brainwashed.

Let me guess. Catherine van Durce is Lisara. Am I right?

I think this Unknown guy is under orders from a reasonable general that is suspicious of something.