• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Giving them heavy armor in combination with magic immunity would turn the Spell Breaker into a unit
with literally no weaknesses.
I appreciate your concern, but since they never are your "only" option (not counting Chapter Five of the First Human Book for reasons I will reveal in time),
I think they are fine in their current state.

By the way, just FYI, the Chapter Thirteen choice will affect both versions of Chapter Fourteen in a way.
Just letting you know, spreading random info...

Level 10
Brace yourselves, the release is coming.
Will we get any hint on what is the connection between Brian, Aridon, Shadow entity and the demon God?
What were their past interactions etc?

Level 10
This deserves a party! Where is that reporter that visited Arkain industries once?
Is she still hanging out with papa Redfist?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Wow, great news indeed. Congratz, guys. Your hard work highly appreciated by us, loyal acolytes of Arkain!

Level 10
Okey, I have a crazy theory. Gardon actually cloned Vanessa, killed the original and sent the clone to Rangul.
That way Vanessa is among the undead and the clone influences Rangul.

Level 3
MEME2018-05-10-08-51-45.jpg

Level 3
Shar, I've just saw your post about LoA. Why is this your last campaign i mean in Second human book in end you wrote that the war is far from over.. .etc

Why not Orcish or Undead campaign or even third human book????? ?

Level 22
Shar, I've just saw your post about LoA. Why is this your last campaign i mean in Second human book in end you wrote that the war is far from over.. .etc

Why not Orcish or Undead campaign or even third human book????? ?
He already gave his reasons why in the message. He only works in the editor if he forces himself to, he's modding a game he hasn't played in years, he's been doing modding in it for 15 YEARS. Sadly as he said, all things must come to an end.
Yeah, i'm also unhappy and i also would like him to continue, but if he doesn't enjoy doing it anymore, forcing him will only degrade the map quality and that's something NONE of us, including him, would like to see happen.

Last edited:
Level 3
He already gave his reasons why in the message. He only works in the editor if he forces himself to, he's modding a game he hasn't played in years, he's been doing modding in it for 15 YEARS. Sadly as he said, all things must come to an end.
Yeah, i'm also unhappy and i also would like him to continue, but if he doesn't enjoy doing it anymore, forcing him will only degrade the map quality and that's something NONE of us, including him, would like to see happen.
So just like that we lost campaigns of Orcs and Undead :(

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
As I said in the Arkain News Network, Arkain is not "dead", its WarCraft III adaption is - and it will stay that way.
Maybe I'll write a book or smth, I dunno yet. I only know this:
We had four good campaigns, but everything has to end eventually, whether we like it or not.
My decision stands. Neither me nor anyone else will work on this series in WC3.

Level 10
Yeah, it´s been coming for a long time now.
Not surprised its over.
Shar, will you allow your maps and campaigns to be edited?

Level 11
Well, since this is the end, I have to ask: is the van Durce ending canon to the humans? I know you said there's no overall canon to Arkain (as far as the campaign adaptations go), but I saw that as more "The Human, Orc, and Undead books are in their own separate timelines" and less "There is no canon period!" So, I figured I'd ask that since van Durce's ending didn't offer much in terms of continuation, and wondering if it is canon for the Human Books or if this question is one not worth asking.
So, should you decide to side with van Durce and kill Gardon and his allies, the next chapter has you use the Purificator to fight off the demons, bonelords, and Tribal Dominion. After beating them back (which takes a minimum of 4 blasts btw), van Durce decides to fight the Emperor head on while the Dwarves go back home. After that, Aedale fights her father, and I should mention that I absorbs all the demonic energy I could and attempted to spare Duke Redfist. After that chapter, van Durce tries to fight the empire, and the empire is confused as to why van Druce is fighting them. After destroying the main base, you get a cinematic with a possessed Aedale demolishing the fleet and killing van Durce and all of his allies, save for his engineer. After that, we get an ending that shows us the choices we made, and revealing that the Emperor and Largoth, a dreadlord who worked closely with Alidon (until he betrayed him at the end of the undead book, but I don't know if that's canon to the Human books). Like I said, I question if this ending is canon since the ending can be summed up to "The Idiot General: he was such an idiot that everyone died. The End." which makes this questionable and kinda quells any potential for a continuation, unless you just want to end it here, which works well, I guess. If you are intending on continuing, I don't think this ending works well, unless ether you make an asspull or focus on a few characters. I just think Gardon's ending has more potential for continuing the story.

Level 22
Well, since this is the end, I have to ask: is the van Durce ending canon to the humans?
As Shar said there is no official canon, you decide what is canon and what is not. You even decide, in your opinion which race in the end won this entire conflict.
It seems you got the bad ending, you can consider it canon if you want to, but if you want to get the good ending:
Don't take the shard, don't consume the artefact, spare Redfist.

Level 3
That would be cool, if he had some "complex" referring to himself as master or had multiple personalities.

That woyld be cool because we constantly keep discovering that existing characters have their masters and their master too have masters.

Level 2
That would be cool, if he had some "complex" referring to himself as master or had multiple personalities.

That woyld be cool because we constantly keep discovering that existing characters have their masters and their master too have masters.
Yes it would but Lisara have same master so probably imposible

Level 29
Isn´t he dead? If not aridon would do something about that would he not?

Lisara says it in the Epilogue. The Dark One was torn part by the Demon God, but he managed to reattach himself over the centuries.

Aridon is unaware that he survived.

He can't. Somebody powerful enough was able to shield and hide him from Aridon's scouts and gaze, thus ruining Aridon's plan of locating and killing him.

I think @vinco was talking about the Dark One, not Largoth

Level 29
Kind of foolish of Brian not telling him.

Maybe he wants to keep the two strongest entities fighting each other so that one doesn't become supreme.

Or maybe Aridon knows already and simply lets him do as he pleases, as long it doesn't threaten Arkain.

Not that Aridon could do anything right now, but it would have been nice to know.

Maybe Aridon could do something.

Remember that Largoth had to be shielded in order to prevent Aridon from finding him, so Largoth knows that he stands no chance against Aridon. Also, Largoth used paralysis on Veringar and the undead, most likely because they could actually kill him if he didn't use it.
So basically, Largoth can be defeated.

Lisara, while powerful, was imprisoned by her own kind. The Undead have managed to defeat several demons across the centuries, and we did defeat Ornassion, one of the top demons, and he is now under Aridon's control.
So Lisara can be defeated.

This leaves the Dark One without his two top servants.

The Golden Guard is no more and the Empire lost many forces during the war, so the remaining Imperial forces can be overpowered by the undead. Plus, the undead forces have been getting stronger over the centuries, and now they have Rahandir, the Bone Lords, Ornassion, etc...

The Dark One was defeated single-handely by the Demon God. And Aridon killed the Demon God. So I have little doubt that Aridon, backed up with his most powerful servants, can kill the Dark One.

Last edited:
Level 22
Or maybe Aridon knows already and simply lets him do as he pleases, as long it doesn't threaten Arkain.
Sooner or later Aridon will want Gardon dead. I'm sure that after that Brian is going to break his end of the deal.
I'm sure Aridon expects it, but considering he's been outtricked a few times and his predictions can sometimes go wrong, Brian may screw him over, in a way.

So Lisara can be defeated.
Considering she became Aedale's slave in the epilogue, she already has.

The Golden Guard is no more and the Empire lost many forces during the war, so the remaining Imperial forces can be overpowered by the undead.
Yes while losing the Golden Guard was a massive hit, we shouldn't underestimate their numbers.
They indeed have suffered a lot of casualties, but they can defeat the undead, even without Largoth and Lisara.
It won't be as one sided as we think.
Remember how we thought the Golden Guard were going to be easy and then we got chapter 11 A? :eek:

The Dark One was defeated single-handely by the Demon God. And Aridon killed the Demon God. So I have little doubt that Aridon, backed up with his most powerful servants, can kill the Dark One.
Aridon has lost a lot of power since then. (Before he has able to create an entire new race) He still very, very strong, but he'll need a lot more time before he can face him.

Level 29
Yes while losing the Golden Guard was a massive hit, we shouldn't underestimate their numbers.
They indeed have suffered a lot of casualties, but they can defeat the undead, even without Largoth and Lisara.
It won't be as one sided as we think.
Remember how we thought the Golden Guard were going to be easy and then we got chapter 11 A? :eek:

The Golden Guard were the Empire's finest. Plus, they had Marin's machines, the paladins and the Dwarves. The strongest of the Empire are no more, which alone lowers morale.

And I think Aridon might have some agents among the Imperials, like he had among Demons.

Aridon has lost a lot of power since then. (Before he has able to create an entire new race) He still very, very strong, but he'll need a lot more time before he can face him.

And the Dark One is most likely weak too, since he tries his best to stay both him and his servants hidden from Aridon's watch.

Level 2
Remember that Largoth had to be shielded in order to prevent Aridon from finding him, so Largoth knows that he stands no chance against Aridon. Also, Largoth used paralysis on Veringar and the undead, most likely because they could actually kill him if he didn't use it.
So basically, Largoth can be defeated.
He can be defeated but who not ? 2 from 4 gods are dead (probably) And he is not brainless warrior to fight whit no hope to win. I think it was him on aridon´s order not aridon who manipulated mortals . He paralysis them because he want show Verigar that he is powerless. He will manipulat mortal and will not day some stupid way so you should not uderestidmate him afther all he could take form of any human maybe more

Level 22
Btw, are some of the races in the tribal dominion (except the Orcs of course) also immune to manipulation or they can all be manipulated as Aridon pleases?
Also if someone is a half-human, half-orc does that mean he can technically be manipulated?

Level 22
Normally when you have an Ogre with 9k hp, 400 damage, fast attack speed, over 20 armor, immunity to magic and he doesn't take even 1 damage from a purificator cannon blast as your ally, there is absolutely no way you can end up in the same situation as the first book. :p