• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 10
I am aware of the issues in that chapter, updating it is on my to-do-list.
Along with many other things.

Understood. Don´t forget to take a pause from time to time. Will keep you fresh and eager. Wish you luck and hope to hear from Arkain News Network soon!

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Would be nice to see the final chapter of FHB RTS-stylish again. The rest seemed fine to me except from that bug about Salomar's items not transfering to the next chapter, which I believe ive submitted long ago.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

So let me get this straight. Now we are able to put more objects on a map with this new patch, right? But wouldnt it affect the game's performance?

Level 22
So let me get this straight. Now we are able to put more objects on a map with this new patch, right? But wouldnt it affect the game's performance?
I doubt it will make a big difference. Maybe you'll need a bit of a stronger computer to run the campaign, but nothing major.
Arkain already has very big battles and Shar doesn't exactly fancy terrain, so the campaign lagging a lot won't probably happen.

Level 10
I doubt it will make a big difference. Maybe you'll need a bit of a stronger computer to run the campaign, but nothing major.
Arkain already has very big battles and Shar doesn't exactly fancy terrain, so the campaign lagging a lot won't probably happen.

There are already modding tools that allow such. Tools created by the community. So by playing maps created using such tools nope, it wont affect anything apart from the scale of stuff.

Level 6
Now downloading the 1.29 -_- hope it was worth to install it andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd have to replay the entire book 1 and 2 -_- great and it doesnt save your progress/choices you made once you download the latest patch

Level 10
Can you download it using your Battle.net account?
Edit: need to launch w3 and click "battle.net".

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Dire news indeed. On the other hand I can see your point on this one. They always screw up the editor and release a patch tp fix it. Same was with 1.28. Perhaps they lack testing on that subject. Anyway, your pause is more than understandably taken. P.S. Do we continue our bughunt in the first books or do we just wait until things are settled?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
P.S. Do we continue our bughunt in the first books or do we just wait until things are settled?
Good that you bring that up.
I think it would be best to wait until Blizz has fixed their mess. Else it would be a waste of time, I think.
My bet is that this update was actually made by just a handful of staff, cos it won´t make blizzard a penny.
I think the Classic Team was pushed to a specific release date. There have been rumors about 1.29 being released at the end of March since we learned what that update even was.
Either that or they didn't do real testing.
Either way, they screwed up hard.

Level 10
Good that you bring that up.
I think it would be best to wait until Blizz has fixed their mess. Else it would be a waste of time, I think.

I think the Classic Team was pushed to a specific release date. There have been rumors about 1.29 being released at the end of March since we learned what that update even was.
Either that or they didn't do real testing.
Either way, they screwed up hard.

It was on the public test realm for some time. Dunno what went wrong.
Anyway, if you dont know what to play do try out that Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Look it on youtube if you like it try it :D

Level 6
Well i'm installing the newest patch so umm do i have to cancel the installation? I'm just a cusual warcraft 3 fan not a modder.

And i'm already experience of difficulty of installing the patch 1.2.85 without paying *Philippine convert to USA it is no easy feet my friend and i will not spend most of that money just to play the premium ish* and it was hard -_-

It was on the public test realm for some time. Dunno what went wrong.
Anyway, if you dont know what to play do try out that Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Look it on youtube if you like it try it :D

Andddd this is what i predicted -_- couldn't share my thoughts because it was a simple and huge "Update" for warcraft 3/classic community

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Sorry to hear about this, Shar. I suspected something like this might happen during the patching phase so I've pretty much stopped using the editor until things fall into their place. Let's hope these problems don't get overlooked by Blizzard.

Level 10
Hey shar can your compaign work with version 1.2.4 of warcraft my computer is really old.

It can but it can also create problems with cutscenes and stuff. Gameplay elements should remain more or less functional. No guarantee.

Shar, do you have any juicy news from PTR?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

News? Yes. Good? No.

Unless I am able to find and remove the thing that makes Chapter Fourteen A crash, there will be no news until we get a full patch.
Ive seem people complaining about editor crashed on blizz forums, so maybe there will be a fix to this mess soon enough.

Level 22
@Shar Dundred I don't think blizzard will come out with a fix any time soon. Any way to simply make the update with an earlier version ?
By this point, he'll have added so many things that are incompatible with earlier versions, so i doubt it will be possible.
Also he's mentioned that every version of the second human book has been in touch with patch 1.29, so that's sadly a double no.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The only 1.28 version I COULD MAYBE use is the one in the Downloads thread.
Using tat one would mean losing over a month of fixes, adjustments, improvements, new additions, etc.
Not an option, especially since it is a chapter causing most trouble, not the campaign itself.

This is the current situation:
I created a separate campaign file that I worked on with the PTR. The editor did not crash anymore.
However, Chapter Fourteen A crashes seemingly randomly.
I will try to figure out why, but I feel it is the patch, meaning I cannot do anything.

If this cannot be fixed with the next full patch, I might wrap up the story another way until it got fixed.

Level 1
The only 1.28 version I COULD MAYBE use is the one in the Downloads thread.
Using tat one would mean losing over a month of fixes, adjustments, improvements, new additions, etc.
Not an option, especially since it is a chapter causing most trouble, not the campaign itself.

This is the current situation:
I created a separate campaign file that I worked on with the PTR. The editor did not crash anymore.
However, Chapter Fourteen A crashes seemingly randomly.
I will try to figure out why, but I feel it is the patch, meaning I cannot do anything.

If this cannot be fixed with the next full patch, I might wrap up the story another way until it got fixed.
Sucks. Been waiting for this to be done for quite awhile. Hope it all gets fixed soon so that we can all enjoy the gameplay and story within the books of arkin.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You know what? Here's a chance to test yourself! :)
Be sure that you have the latest patch and DO NOT use the PTR.

@LickMyEyeBall: I can't really say until I have fixed it - which I do not know yet.
If I did fix it, it was actually AI related.
In a weird way.
In a Chapter Three way.
In the kind of way that I have to remove an entire AI to have it work.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

You know what? Here's a chance to test yourself! :)
Be sure that you have the latest patch and DO NOT use the PTR.

@LickMyEyeBall: I can't really say until I have fixed it - which I do not know yet.
If I did fix it, it was actually AI related.
In a weird way.
In a Chapter Three way.
In the kind of way that I have to remove an entire AI to have it work.
Well, old man Kasrkin was doing this for ages now, guess its time the fanboyz start putting some effort into the project after all.:p

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Suffer with me and you can get into the Arkain bar, only Shar gets free drinks though. I just get a discount.

Level 5
Well this is convenient, i have to restart all the levels since my progress wasn't apparently saved with this demo

And so my pain and suffering continues.