• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Kingdoms of Albanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
THREAD IS STILL IN-DEVELOPMENT
MANY ASPECT OF THE GAME ARE NOT INCLUDED YET

OUoiIMe.png

Ruins of Sabara
by: SonofJay and DividedByZero

About:

Kingdoms of Albanos or simply "KoA" is a singleplayer RPG made for Warcraft 3.
KoA: Ruins of Sabara is the first of a planned series featuring the adventure of Rino Thompson on the vast Kingdom
of Albanos. Featuring action packed gameplay, engaging narrative and beautiful scenery, KoA hopes to deliver the kick of Role-playing

I'm fully aware of the length of the page so I made a CTRL+F function.
Feature
Features:
[01.00]-Custom Combat System
[01.01] *Custom Weapon and Enemy Types
[01.02] *Custom Stats
[01.03] *Custom Damage Calculation
[01.04] *S-Attack
[01.05] *Other combat mechanics
[02.00]-Challenging creep AI
[03.00]-Camera
[03.01] *Fix
[03.02] *Lock
[04.00]-Extreme Difficulty
[05.00]-Scripted "Final" Boss
[06.00]-Challenging Yet Not Dragging Puzzles/Obstacles
[07.00]-Equipments
[07.01]*Equipment Type
[07.02]*Weapon Class
[08.00]-Backpack System and Equipping Item
[08.01] *Backpack
[08.02] *Equipping Item
[01.00]
CUSTOM COMBAT SYSTEM

[01.01]Custom Weapon Types

KoA features three weapon types that have their own cons and pros.

Weapon types: "Slash Type", "Pierce Type" and "Crush Type" weapons.

Damage vary depending on your equipped weapon and enemy type.
Enemy Type:Counter Weapon:

Light
Strike

Heavy
Crush

Air
Pierce

Normal
Any

Choosing your weapon before engaging a fight is very crucial because of the high difficulty of the combat.

[01.02]Custom Stats
StatisticInformation

HP
Indicates character's remaining health point.

SP
Indicates character's stamina point, also players factor on character's potential damageg.

Strike Point
Indicates how strong the character with Strike type weapons.

Crush Point
Indicates how strong the character with Crush type weapons.

Pierce Point
Indicates how strong the character with Pierce type weapons.

Power Point
Filling the meter to 100 unlocks S-Attack(or Special Attack).

Are the statistic used on KoA but yet plays important role on character's combats. Damage
dealt by the character relies on how much points he have for the Weapon Type.(Strike, Crush, Pierce).
Character doesn't level up and only relies on his equipment to boost up his attack damage (Strike, Crush, Pierce),
Damageg Resistance and HP.

[01.03]Custom Damage Calculation

If a weapon is use against any enemy unit type that the weapon doesn't indicate to be its
counter (except "Normal" Enemy Type) it will deal half of the total potential damage output while it deals damage
when it uses against Enemy Type that it counters.

Damage Calculation:
(Damage Type + 10%(50% for Special Attack) of Stamina - (*Reduce or Bonus damage againts counter Enemy Types))
*Depends on Weapon-Class
Check: [07.02]*Weapon Class for reference.

NOTE:
ATTACKS IS AIMED USING MOUSE

3YoBwP6.jpg

[01.04]S-Attack

Filling up the power meter to full (100) unlocks the character's special ability called S-Attack that deals alot of
damage making it is crucial against boss battles. Filling the power meter requires killing enemy units.
Rino have a default S-Attack right from the start and it can be change to a more powerful one but you can
only acquire it by finishing specific tasks.

[01.05]Shows the S-Attack Icon
when you don't have enough "Power"
bcbNkPl.jpg

[01.05]Other Combat Mechanics
SkillInfo

Dash
Uses for evading attacks

Block
Uses to block attacks

First Aid
Uses to regenerate HP, needs a few seconds to fully restore HP, receiving damage removes the effect.

[02.00]CHALLENGING CREEP AI

AI Creeps doesn't just whack you to death, they also have other behaivour like blocking attacks and
healing theimself. They also have the tendency to dodge your attacks making them harder to beat.

A CREEP BLOCKING MY ATTACK

47ZjL77.jpg

A CREEP USING FIRST-AID
AFTER CUTTING MY HP TO HALF

NJhl5d5.jpg

[03.00]CAMERA

There are two types of camera view on KoA which the "Fix"
and the "Lock" camera. This camera types aren't selectable
and instead will automatically adjust when the condition is meet.

[03.01]Fix

Fix cameras will mostly activate in safe area like Villages, Ruins Safe
Zones etc but is also the option for Boss Fights.

[03.02]Lock

This camera activates once Rino step outside the village safe
area and inside the Ruin's dungeons.

[04.00]EXTREME DIFFICULTY

{Base on my tests}
Q:Uber Creep HP? A:Nope.
Q:Damage? A:Nope.
Q:Seki's the enemy? A:Err..would love that but nope.

KoA's extreme difficulty is because of its featured Custom Combat System, Stats and
AI behaviour. It also stay away from the cliche leveling and instead relies on buying
and finding equipments.

[05.00]SCRIPTED "FINAL" BOSS

Each Ruin's "Final" Boss features triggered behaviour and algorithm that promises to offer more
challenge on the already difficult combat.

[06.00]CHALLENGING YET NOT DRAGGING PUZZLES/OBSTACLES

This is an idea I found by playing some YS titles, they made such an amazing job on making difficult
puzzles and obstacles without making it so dragging and time consuming which is mostly the reason
why I drop a lot of RPG series. I and DbZ is already brainstorming to give future players the same
experience.

[07.00]EQUIPMENTS

Equipments are a big part of KoA's gameplay as the character doesn't level up unlike your typical RPG so
equipments is your main source of damage, resistance and HP.

[07.01]Equipment Type

There are four equipment you can make Rino carry. Every last one are very essential to keep up
with the difficult journey you're facing.

Type# you can carry

Weapon

Armor

Shield

Accesory

Note:
The last Inventory slot is reserved for potions.
Carrying Two-Handed weapon will make you unable to carry shield making way for another slot of
potions.

[07.02]Weapon Class

WeaponType

Sword
Strike
AxStrike
GauntletCrush
HammerCrush
Gun CannonCrush-Pierce
LancePierce
BowPierce
CrossBowPierce
DaggerPierce-Strike
Dual Throwing KnifePierce-Strike

Hybrid Weapon Class have the advantage to counter 2 Enemy Type but unlike the normal weapon class, Hybrid only deals 1.25 extra damage(normal weapon class deals 1.50 against its counter enemies).

[08.00]BAGPACK SYSTEM and EQUIPPING ITEM

[08.01]Bagpack:

A bagpack which gives your 6 additional item slow is available. It can carry multiple types of equipment
so you can carry a <PIERCE> and <CRUSH> equipment while a <STRIKE> weapon is equipped on your character
making you ready for any given circumstances.

[08.02]Equipping Item

Different Enemy Type is a pain in the ass to deal with especially the fact that weapons have their pros
and cons againts Enemy Type so carry another weapon in your backpack is very essential but since the bagpack
is technically a unit(just like other Warcraft 3 map with this feature) the default way of equipping item
is giving the current weapon from your character by right clicking and left clicking on the bagpack icon
then item from bagpack -> character.

I made a system to make this easier and faster you just have to click(just like using it) the weapon from your
character and it will be automatically transfer to your bagpack then just switch to bagpack[F2] then click
the weapon you want. This also work on other items except potions.

GALLERY

Image 1
yJfXP0I.jpg

Image 2
cpQC2uH.jpg

Image 4
VhcBrm5.jpg

Image 5
g3Kbt4e.jpg

Image 6
jp1O0L5.jpg

Image 7
427uBai.jpg

Attachments

• Kingdoms of Albanos Logo.png
    Kingdoms of Albanos Logo.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 28
Seems interesting and fun to play. Intriguing system jayjay:)
But I have a terrain complain: What the hell are those pines doing there?

That is just how I want to visualize Albanos' desert. Just trying to be unique.

And beside, the terrain lacks the kick without those trees. They make the terrain hot so why complain?*shot*

They make the terrain hot so why complain?*shot*
If you weren't one of my appropriates, I would have shot you on sight for that statement. desert+pines, not a fan of it.
Anyway good luck:wink:
A desert with trees just means the trees are badass.
The end.
I haven't forgotten about you:) no pines in deserts(damn your uniqueness:D)

Last edited:
Level 28
Enough with the tree!!! You making the poor tree cry! *shot*

Looks really good and a interesting gameplay, and i disagree with the others, the pines are really nice, keep it, make your unique terrain, that is really good so far xD

Good Luck!

Oh my, that is very kind of you. :D

Edit: I expect nothing but fun from this jayjay.

Oh yeah, don't worry, you're the one who will test it before I release an early version. Creeps murders me every damn time I test it.

I love the terrain, it's interesting. Hope I can play this one, it looks good.

Well a few days from now I should be sending Heinver an early version for him to get murdered test then I'll release an early Alpha.

this seems interesting, as i expected from Jayjay
even though i haven't read all those text

Read it or I'll pierce you with a fork. *shot*

Is the description really hard to read? I just want to make it as simple as possible so I didn't add a lot of fancy bbcodes. I don't want to tone down the content of the description because its essential for you guys to understand the gameplay. Although I'll be adding some tutorial scenes in-game just in-case someone missed the whole freaking description.

A video of a boss fight should be available a few days from now when I get a video grabbing tool and upload it.

Well a few days from now I should be sending Heinvers an early version for him to get murdered test then I'll release an early Alpha.
WUT?
Thanks, I'll be sure to come back in pieces to report the difficulty. Thanks jayjay:)
Edit: I think the description is quite convenient. (just look at the users who forget to put any at all X(, yeah, it's ok)

Level 28
Welp, completed the description telling new contents. I also made a search CTRL+F function since I find the description a little messy and lenghty.

New contents of the description:
[04.00]-Extreme Difficulty
[05.00]-Scripted "Final" Boss
[06.00]-Challenging Yet Not Dragging Puzzles/Obstacles
[07.00]-Equipment Type
[08.00]-Backpack System and Equipping Item
[08.01] *Backpack
[08.02] *Equipping Item

Level 28
Terrain Update!

Welp I just finished the outside appearance of the first ruin (yeah, I know, it looks more like a castle than a ruin but who cares anyway right? *grabs fork*).

G5jhPCk.jpg

The camera view is exactly the same in-game I'm just really lazy to get a screenshot on War3.

I'll start terraining the Ruin's inside part so stay tune for some screenshots.

Since it's Albanos, will there be Albanian submarines? :D

So can it submerge below the sand? lol.

Welp I just finished the outside appearance of the first ruin (yeah, I know, it looks more like a castle than a ruin but who cares anyway right? *grabs fork*). The camera view is exactly the same in-game I'm just really lazy to get a screenshot on War3. So can it submerge below the sand? lol.
Nice snap jayjay. Here's a candy for you :3
Well, imagine submarines diving into the sand, awesome stuff:wink:

Level 28
Looks pretty clean and ruin-eable to me jayjay:) I like the layout you've done :)

Thank god you liked it, I'm not very confident about it since its really the first time I used Tal's assets.

Lance's third attack spell is stable but I'm having some bugs on its first and second attack spell. I know the problem and how to fix it but I'll do it tomorrow since I have to watch 'Castle S5'.

You cheater:wink:

:ogre_datass:

EDIT:

I should probably change the Lance icon since the current one doesn't really fit. *sigh*

Level 28
Mini-update!

Welp, here's a little something I did today. Its not really much but I think it adds to game's Fun Factor.

Before I go straight to what I had accomplished to day, I just want to lay all of the different weapon types you can get and use here. As of today this is final and no other weapon types will be added.

WeaponType

Sword
Strike
AxStrike
GauntletCrush
HammerCrush
Gun CannonCrush
LancePierce
BowPierce
CrossBowPierce
Dual DaggerPierce
Throwing KnifePierce

The gameplay gives Rino 3 Attack Spell(S-Attack excluded) when he has a weapon equipped. Well the thing is.. the Attack Spells are kinda a little boring because it only have one animation and seeing it being repeated for a while makes me feel bored.Well that was before but from now on, the First Attack spell of every weapon should have 2 or 3 more different of animations to keep your eyes fresh of the action and for some weapon the Second attack spell may also contain 1+ animation.

E.G.
Lance type Attack Spells:
Pierce -> 3 different animation
Corkscrew -> 1 animation
Pierce of Honor -> 1 animation

While Gauntlet type Attack Spells:
Tiger Fist -> 2 different animation
Power Kick-> 2 different animation
Dragon's Way -> 1 animation.

Anyway, here's me getting showered by AI's spells while the bastard blocked my attack. :ogre_rage:

211785-albums5888-picture81959.jpg

See this Heinvers? This will be you when I send you the map.

211785-albums5481-picture68895.gif

Level 22
Hi,

Your map looks good but in my opinion there is a huge problem with the ground tiles you are using for interior: they have far too much contrast, which somehow "hurt" the eyes and is also quite bad for readability (units are a bit hard to see).

In the image i quoted, the "circle" part is much nicer, and i think you should try to make your square tiles with the same color contrast as this circle thing.

Also, it seems you are using doodads as tiles, why don't you use terrain tiles? they're made for that!

Hi,

Your map looks good but in my opinion there is a huge problem with the ground tiles you are using for interior: they have far too much contrast, which somehow "hurt" the eyes and is also quite bad for readability (units are a bit hard to see).

In the image i quoted, the "circle" part is much nicer, and i think you should try to make your square tiles with the same color contrast as this circle thing.

Also, it seems you are using doodads as tiles, why don't you use terrain tiles? they're made for that!
I'm not sure I agree with that. It's quite nice imo.

Level 28
FreddyK,

I'm glad to hear that you find my map to your liking. :)

About the unit being hard to spot, I think its just the image. They're a little more easier to spot in-game because of their stand animation. I'll also gonna add a custom life bar that will show when you get near on an enemy.

Doodads is more flexible to use than the terrain tiles especially when you're making in-door terrains.

Level 28
A little changes on Weapon-Class. This is an idea DbZ came up with a couple of days ago while we're talking about the project.

He notices that Pierce-class weapons greatly out numbered the other weapon-class so he told me to make hybrid weapon class and this is what we came up with. I only change three weapon-class into a hybrid class because this are the weapons that I think have the less appeal.

WeaponType

Sword
Strike
AxStrike
GauntletCrush
HammerCrush
Gun CannonCrush-Pierce
LancePierce
BowPierce
CrossBowPierce
DaggerPierce-Strike
Dual Throwing KnifePierce-Strike

Hybrid Weapon Class have the advantage to counter 2 Enemy Type but unlike the normal weapon class, Hybrid only deals 1.25 extra damage(normal weapon class deals 1.50 against its counter enemies).

Anyway, sneak peak of a mini-boss battle.
The screenshot is from a replay because everything happened so fast and the bitch killed me and I wasn't able to grab a screenshot of the battle. D:

Anyway, screenshots shows her two abilities.

A direct hit spell.
211785-albums5888-picture82070.jpg

The bitch blocked my attack while she attacked me with a spell.

A powerful AoE spell. Have casting time.
211785-albums5888-picture82071.jpg

And... I'm dead.

Level 28
I like games which requires Stamina as a limiting resource :p

Its tons tactical!

Well, Subscribing!

Thanks Geki!

I suggest hammer-axes(or axe-hammers) as a crush-strike hybrid.

Hmm, that would be nice since I don't have any crush-strike hybrid but I don't have any models of axe-hammer. All I have is 60~ variations of axes which are all short ax and a dozen of warhammers in my HD so I'm thinking of just using halberd models for axe-hammer. XD

Level 28
SonofjaY you already made lots of awesome project then you abandon it.. hope this one will not..

Let us all hold hands and hope together. *shot*

Seriously though, its just comes down to how much motivation I have for the project. Making the stuffs I want for my project is easy, wanting to make it is the question.

You guys don't have to worry right now cause at the moment I'm spending an hour or two working on it everyday.

For me this project will only be great if jayjay can provide a test map..

I was actually supposed to give Heinvers a test map a week ago that only contain the area that you'll venture to reach the first Ruin but then we decided to push it to at least the end of the first Ruin with the first main boss before giving it to Heinvers to test before posting it here.

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks Geki!

Hmm, that would be nice since I don't have any crush-strike hybrid but I don't have any models of axe-hammer. All I have is 60~ variations of axes which are all short ax and a dozen of warhammers in my HD so I'm thinking of just using halberd models for axe-hammer. XD

I'll see if I can knock something up, assuming I still got my stuff around.

Level 28
I'll see if I can knock something up, assuming I still got my stuff around.

Will really appreciate that.

_____

Small updates of the project.

Welp, looks like Rino is getting frustrated here.
211785-albums5481-picture82986.jpg

This event can lead to 2 possible boss fights.
211785-albums5481-picture82987.jpg

Birds eye view of the terrain progress I made this last couple of days.
Opening it might spoil some directions and reveal hidden areas.
211785-albums5481-picture82985.jpg

Progress didn't go as fast as I planned because I started redeveloping an old project I made last year. Its only a small map though so no major concern about the status of KoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.