• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Journey
The Kingdom of Lordaeron has fallen.
King Terenas is dead, killed by his own son, Arthas, and the Undead Scourge ravages the land. All hope seems lost.

Yet, despite the chaos surrounding it, the village of Ambermill continues it's day to day existence.
Corinthus is a Gilnean veteran of the Second War, who defected to Lordaeron before the closing of the Greymane Wall. He spends his time with his friend Derakos, a senior member of the Kirin Tor. Together they have made the best of their lives.

But now that is all about to change...

Information
Journey is a single player campaign focused around strategy and logic, not unlike the campaigns created by OutsiderXE.
As you play through the campaign, you will venture through several familiar areas of the Eastern Kingdoms, from the Plaguelands to the Elwynn Forest, and will also meet several colourful characters that will help you on your quest.

Features
  • Six unique playable heroes.
  • A strategic and sometimes challenging approach to combat.
  • Levels designed to incorporate puzzles and obstacles that you must use logic to surpass.
  • More features coming soon.

Credits
MemberRole
TheFairfieldProject Leader | Story | Terrain | Triggers
AlagremmStory | Terrain
AzsureTriggers | Textures

Last edited:
Level 8
as i said on skype, it's a very good early stage setup, i love the fact that it will be something to break your had about from time to time, not the mindless massacre that many maps out there have.

Level 8
The puzzles in the campaign will often require collaboration between two or more heroes. I'm planning on designing the heroes abilities to be meant mainly for the obstacles instead of just for combat.

Level 8
Terrainer, Triggerer.

So what happened to WotH?

Well, my computer broke (not crashed, BROKE). Besides, I decided the project too big of an undertaking for a relatively new map maker like my self.

Anyways, glad to have you on the team!

If you're not looking for "very complicated" terrains then I'm here.. Also me and my cousins are here to beta test the map..

Great! Thanks for joining!

I hope the blizzard cliffs will be gone in the final version, because the lower/... tools are better.

As for the content, I'm waiting for some more screenshots or videos.
I could perhaps help you with some things triggering things, because I'm very busy right now and I can only work in the weekends. What I could help you with would be cinematics maybe(if not I could just give you some tips) and if you need a multiboard, just tell me.
Good luck.

----
Also, don't post too many map updates here, keep working on the map so that you don't lose the motivation to actually continue working on it. And don't get distracted by other users saying that Warcraft 3 is dead, if you're having fun making it, then make it and I'm sure there will be people playing it afterwards.

Level 19
Blizzard cliff don't suck it depends to the person who uses it.. his skills.. I can give you a map who uses blizzard cliff but the terrain is still good (atleast not crappy :p) try FotN (Founders of The North)

TheFairfield,

I'm glad I made it into the team, doing something atm I will be back lurking on this thread later :D just tell me the details and such when I come back..

Level 10
TheFairfield said:
Story
In the village of Ambermill in Silverpine Forest, Corinthus, and his friend Derakos often go to the local inn to talk about fighting and magic with the other patrons. One night, on their way home from the inn, they are knocked unconcious by a huge explosion. Rescued by the dwarf Korrathin, they make their way to Dalaran, only to discover it has been destroyed. They decide that the only remaining safe place in Lordaeron is Hearthglen, and begin the journey north...

Didn't know what better sentence to use for that. This one I meant, except for the character names, the places, lore, etc.

Level 8
Oh, I see. My mistake. Thanks for the signature compliment! I'm actually on Dragonson's waiting list for his Bladetitan signatures. I'm hoping he does a good job (which he always has so far)!

Level 15
I am posting some screenshots from the intro cinematic.
I will appreciate comments/suggestions etc.

Screens:

Attachments

• scr1.JPG
    scr1.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 86
  • scr2.JPG
    scr2.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 94
  • scr3.JPG
    scr3.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 84
Level 8
At the moment, Wolfe and I are still working on the story of the campaign. What we're discussing now is different abilities for each of the heroes. We'll definitely need some spells to be made. And we also have things such as the Scourge's assault on Stromgarde, which will require lots of triggering. Bossfights will likely need triggering help and we have plans for a one on one battle at a major location in the Eastern Kingdoms, which will require lots of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.