• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Invoker Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
I am a bit bored in this vacation, so I decided to create a mini-game. (Was previously named Arsenal Magus)

[TD]

Invoker Wars

[/TD]

Game Mechanics
General
Here are the things you need to know about the map:
  • Whenever the game starts, players are expected to experience a short time game freeze. This the preloading process for the Invoker's abilities. This process is made so that players won't experience preloading lag during the game.
  • Invokers start at level 1(to be decided), but your Orbs are at max level.
  • Hotkeys for the orbs and Invoke are still QWER, but Invoked Spells have the hotkeys D and F(not the global keys)
  • All Invoked Spells can be upgraded by aghanims(details to be released soon)
  • Game currency is medal, not gold. You earn one medal for every kill + a bonus medal for every multikill.
  • Items are not recipe-based. If you want to buy Aghanim's just click it, unless you have the required medals.
Modes
Invoker Type
  • NM (Normal Mode) - you will be playing the classic Invoker. (default mode)
  • AM (Arsenal Mode) - this is the challenge : you are going to play the god-like Invoker, the Invoker wih 27 spells most of which are ultimates of other heroes from other games. Take note that this isn't the 6.10 Invoker.
Team Sizes
  • T6 - Players are divided to 6 teams.
  • T4 - Players are divided to 4 teams.
  • T3 - Players are divided to 3 teams.
  • T2 - Players are divided to 2 teams.
  • T1 - Player vs Player will be the mode. (default mode)
  • TD - [Team Deathmatch] If this game mode is picked, the host will be then prompt to input the number of rounds. The task is to annihilate the other teams every round. The team who remains the only surviving team wins the round, and the teams with the most rounds won wins the game. Items for the heroes will be maintained every round.
  • DM - [Deathmatch]Players are tasked to have the most kills in the game. A team where the player with most kills belong, wins.
[tr]
Spells (Key Sequence)

Q
Q
QCold Snap
Cold%20Snap.jpg
WGhost Walk
Ghost%20Walk.jpg
EIce Wall
W
Q???
WChronosphere
EDeafening Blast
What%20what.jpg
E
QSunder
WDream Coil
EIce Blast
W
Q
QLightning Shackles
WNether Swap
EReverse Polarity
W
QTornado
WEMP
EAlacrity
E
Q???
WOverload
EThundergod's Wrath
E
Q
QSupernova
WDisintegrate
E???
W
QMulticast
WPower Overwhelming
EMacropyre
E
QForged Spirits
WChaos Meteor
ESun Strike
Under Construction. "???" are still undecided, suggestions are welcome. Scepter upgrade for the abilities are also welcome.
Items
Item NamePriceDescriptionForce Staff2Veil of Discord2Dagon6Eul's Scepter of Divinity4Rod of Atos4Aghanim's Scepter6Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse10Octarina Core10Silver Edge16Abyssal Blade16Radiance10Monkey King Bar16Daedalus16Butterfly14Divine Rapier24Bloodthorn14Shiva's Guard10Black King Bar8Bloodstone10Manta Style12Hurricane Pike8Assault Cuirass14Heart of Tarasque14Sange and Yasha8Echo Sabre8Mjolnir14Desolator8Heaven's Halberd8Eye of Skadi12Satanic12Spell Sunder8Jade Spire8Grimoire of Power8Searing Yasha8Searing Sange8Harkon's Blade8Blink Dagger6Ward1

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
Screenies
The map design was more focused on juking, hiding and also for warding spots. (Excuse me for using JNGP 1.5e ;_;)
Invoker%201.jpg

Testing the invoke system :D
My invoke system uses Bitwise AND to easily get the spells.
The messages you see, btw, prints out which spells are on which slots.
Testing%20my%20Abilities.jpg

Two abilities occupying the slots :D
The decimals you see are just tests for the Cold Snap ability.
what.jpg

More soon :D

[TD]
Credits

IceFrog
S2 Games
looking_for_help
Magtheridon96
Nestharus
Bribe
Adiktuz
Bannar
Vexorian
Flux
BPower
CRAZY_RUSSIAN
kola
Mc !
Frankster

[/TD]

Thread to be improved

Last edited:
Level 22
Yes you can use ripped resources (from Valve). I do that all the time. Anyways, looks promising, are the invoked abilities always using D and F hotkeys? If not, I would suggest doing that, therefore you'll end up having a duplicate for each invoked ability (duplicate for the other hotkey).

Level 33
Yes you can use ripped resources (from Valve). I do that all the time. Anyways, looks promising, are the invoked abilities always using D and F hotkeys? If not, I would suggest doing that, therefore you'll end up having a duplicate for each invoked ability (duplicate for the other hotkey).

They are using keys D and F. Newest invoked spell has a hotkey of F while the previous has a D key.

Now, I will write a custom cooldown for both the spell and it's duplicate :D

And because of that, I think I might add the Arcane Rune and Octarina Core

Status
Not open for further replies.