• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I add Modified Spells into melee maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not too sure if this been answer before, but I'll ask for everyones expertise again.

Well for a melee map to be saved as melee, it can only have non-modify items, units, doodads, etc.

I don't mind saving a map that is non-melee, but all the data gets changed, i.e it is not using the latest patch for warcraft 3: TFT, is there some sort of way I could have my custom items and units in a melee map, with the latest patch updates?

If there is, could a list of steps be advised?
If there are programs required to do this, could the names be listed.

Thanks,

Level 2
Something like that.

I mean, if I created a door trigger, open when there are units on the region.
Now if I put this in the map, it will use old data from warcraft, i.e. some unit damage will be changed, shop items will be changed to old versions data.

So instead of going through every single unit and changing their data, the tarvan, shops, etc, is there a way to use the data so it can be exactly the same as a melee map, except with triggers, spells, units, etc?

Level 2
what about if I just wanted to add 1 new hero?
That basically removes all the latest patch data.

i.e. if I add like the archimond as a hero in the tarvan and start a game, the fire lord and alchemist is gone, and if I start off with undead, the shop items are different also applies with the orcs.
If you upgrade the main hall for the undead, the attack is basically the ROC attack, spirit tower missle instead of the frost tower missile.
Which is basically not consistant with a melee map data, so has anyone overcome this problem?

Level 2
Thank You All. :)

Look what I manage to find at blizzard:
http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-maps&t=11148&p=1&tmp=1#new11148

Q: Why are the base stats of my units not the same as the regular game?
A: Melee maps use the unit data from the most recent patch, so they may change if a new patch comes out. Non-melee maps use the original unit data (RoC 1.01 or TFT 1.07). This is so patch changes will not mess up custom maps.

If you want to use the most recent patch data in your custom map, go to "Scenario->Map Options..." and change the "Game Data Set" entry to "Latest Patch".

This only changes unit data, not abilities. As a result of this, when Blizzard made drastic changes to abilities they create two versions of the ability. This is so the old units can have the old ability and the new units can have the new ability.

------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.