• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Offense] The Holy Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
CK8x1XC.png

The Story

The Story

- Prince Arthas, the King of your beloved people, has been corrupted by the Scourge. You know that a part of the Light that shone upon your Kingdom still lives within his soul, but the whispers of the Lich King remain strong - and your beloved Prince cannot return. Gather up forces, rally your armies, march North where the cold burns! Free the Prince of the darkness, and restore balance upon the world.
Basic Info

Basic Info

Name: The Holy Revenge
Current Version: 0.02 (unfortunately still not playable)
Map Size: 32x64
Players: 1 (Single Player)
Type: Offense / Defense
Map layout (only half of the map):
ca3f9d7ebfec9472532b70ee7c55d3ee.jpg

Main Features

Main features

- Variety of ways to achieve victory
- Quick, fun but also challenging
- Five different hero and unit types (Tank, Support, Caster, Melee Fighter, Range Fighter)
- Custom upgrades, units, heroes, items and towers
- Three difficulty settings
- Custom hero and unit abilities
- Custom soundtrack (including Arthas theme)
- Most of the units and icons have been changed visually
- Custom, multiple phases, boss battles
Plans

- Custom UI
- Beta release by the summer (June/July preferably)
- Terrain improvement

Since my finals are over (well, not technically, I've still got 3 to take after I failed them ...) I've decided to return to an old project. But, when I saw freaking triggering and the mess I made, I had to start from the scratch. Since I'm working alone on the project, it'll take awhile before I finish it completely. I do plan to have a working alpha version by the end of February (or beginning of March) where you'll be able to test out principles of the gameplay.

The map is based around building tons of units and upgrading them. Heroes, although powerful, act more like the supports rather than the main damage dealers (sort of like in WC3 itself). I purposely made the map quite narrow so that every bit of the movement counts. The enemy AI is custom built but it acts solely by the preset commands; I will try to add a certain level of randomness to it, but I'm not that good at making it to begin with.

For any more questions, please refer either to the board or the private messaging. A few screenshots:

7b2d6688a1f57d773bd210f5ff29cae6.jpg

0beb10c908c56e4c81e7ca3ee901af51.jpg

941ce7764dbdd70b55f9b0c8d9983336.jpg

7b24c09c10b0cae6d1afe32cf2cae5ca.jpg

Level 28
I think this type of map should be multiplayer instead of sp since small offense type map have little to no replayability and unless you give more information about the "Variety of ways to achieve victory" it will remain as a One-Shot map to me.

I do wonder though if how many bosses you'll face on a very small map, maybe you can make random bosses with their specific algorithms, drops, etc instead of sticking to specific boss each game so players might think of playing the map again.

Level 7
I think this type of map should be multiplayer instead of sp since small offense type map have little to no replayability and unless you give more information about the "Variety of ways to achieve victory" it will remain as a One-Shot map to me.

I do wonder though if how many bosses you'll face on a very small map, maybe you can make random bosses with their specific algorithms, drops, etc instead of sticking to specific boss each game so players might think of playing the map again.

It will initially be only single player map, although I will add a MP mod later on where the 2nd player will control the enemy forces.

Variety of ways meaning that you can either do a rush-down, upgrade-stall, hero-focus etc. etc. and since there'll be over 60 units and heroes, different builds are possible.

Regarding the bosses, only the last boss will be specified (The Lich King). If you've ever played WoW:WOTLK, every boss from Icecrown Citadel will have its place here, and custom-scripted battle (I doubt they'll be exactly the same, but there will be similarities), but their appearances will be randomized.

Status
Not open for further replies.