• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hold the Line 2 (alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey! Over a year ago, I started from scratch a map based on the classic Hold the Line and I stopped working on it. Well it happened to start back up intending to make it better.

What is Hold the Line:
Hold the Line is a team survival game where you summon/train units of waves to attack the enemy -- first team to lose their main building loses.

I am completely revamping my HtL and plan to make it more team based by making many things affect not only you but the team also.
[ Stronger units ] There will be the usual trained units as in the original Hold the Line, but also "mega" units which will affect your entire team by reducing food limit they and you have(hard to explain if you don't test the game). Megas will, maybe, also have 1 or more custom abilities later on.
[ Neutrals ] Killing neutral creeps in addition to giving gold, will transfer into your wave.
[ Heroes ] Abilities for heroes are customized with a new tooltip style I'm trying. Each hero will also be specialized in a specific field, from healer, damager, tank and so on. Also their ultimates (the final spell) will be very very strong, almost rigged :) but no allies may use theirs while yours is still occcuring, making the decision to when, who, and how very crucial).
[ Items ] Trying to make these somehow be important to team survival; so far I'm thinking most will not be stackable individually (such as attack speed, armor, damage).
[ Systems ] Bounty system; gain gold based on damage done within spawn times
Exp system; unknown yet (may keep normal)
Condition system; certain buffs such as, "Burn" which damages over time, "Freeze" which disables movement, "Bleed" which damages over time, and more. These buffs will be stackable, and the durations depend on: if the unit already is affected, item improvement stats, some spell buffs, etc.
[ AI ] Maybe...I never made AI for maps but I might for this. Hopefully it'll help with fun-ability!

What is done so far:
Basic stuff like few heroes, few summonable units, few mega units, some items, neutrals, terrain complete, Bounty System beta.

Meet the Team:
Beast(TrOg) - that's it
also requesting alpha testers in 1 or more months

Let me Know:
Let me know how this sounds or looks! Post a comment, share ideas at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367&highlight=hold+the+line+2, or give me feedback at [email protected] - please no useless emails

[update to v0.2S]
-new hero 1/4 of the way done
-some trainable units added
-changed some spells
-added neutral unit positions
-added bounty system
-balances and other minor things added/changed/fixed

[Update v.3A]
Contains many fixes, but I removed the download (as I stated a week ago). Instead, I put up some screenshots until I finish enough of the map for a playable, enjoyable, bug-free, etc. version.

[Update v.4M]
Many fixes and changes; removed almost all pre-Hold the Line 2 objects
-Fully edited neutrals (except bounty, stats, and spells)
-made both teams receive identical spawns
-added new "conditions" system - inspired by Rising_Dusk's (hope that's right) Desert of Exile which is a great game once you get used to it
-added 1 new hero (based on Master334's White Mage suggestion)
-added greenish-ey fog

Map is protected

Attachments

• Htl2 Blessing.jpg
    Htl2 Blessing.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Htl2 Frost Nova.jpg
    Htl2 Frost Nova.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Htl2 Hydrate Siphon.jpg
    Htl2 Hydrate Siphon.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Htl2 Terrain 1.jpg
    Htl2 Terrain 1.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Htl2 Terrain 2.jpg
    Htl2 Terrain 2.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 171
  • Htl2 Terrain 3.jpg
    Htl2 Terrain 3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Htl2 Terrain 4.jpg
    Htl2 Terrain 4.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 165
  • (Hold The Line 2 v.0.42M opt).w3x
    268.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 5
A survivor eh, heroes and all that, why dont you make something very new, something special coz there must be a lot of survivors.I recommend to this awesome maps cools skills for heros, not normal, not crazy, skills that can help to win the game, not to kill heros something that support a group of units.Hehe if you want my help i will help you.Meh i think i am posting to much.

Level 7
Update (v. 3A) some random day
read the updates thing up there

-----------------------------------------------------------

[Responding to Melkor_L]
I'm not completely sure what you're saying but I can get a general idea. Yea, I'll might make some abilities affect a group of units (probably not globally). Was thinking items would be a primary supportive tool for groups of units though(ie temporary armor and what not). Anyways, I don't really need help right now, but I do need continuing feedback and ideas.

Thanks for commenting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.