• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Heroes and Kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30

What is HaK?
Heroes and Kingdoms (HaK) is player-buildable AoS-like (alterned) hero arena and risk map for Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.
It has: unit-mutiply system, abbility learning system, item-merge system. And basic AI for test purposes (in case you want to play with bots).
Currently map is under development and needs: fresh ideas for Kingdoms, heroes, items.
If you want more information, check the blog --- Official Blog --- - Сайт heroesak!

The map

MiniMap:

mm-jpg.252688

Map Size: Big
Playable: 180x180
Full: 192x192

Map Preview

fm-jpg.252689

Your game, your rules.

You can decide to play the map by your manner and preferences: build Kingdom, or complete quests. Find items or fight bosses. The game has 3 roads to win: Heroic, Epic, Legendary.

Heroic: Win the game by eleminating all Kingdoms, using your units and Hero itself. All enemies must be dead. No enemy Kingdoms must be presented in game.
Epic: Complete quests by eleminating main bosses in map. (You must to have certain items to complete).
Legendary: Finish the game by channeling the main and most Legendary artifact in game ever: the Emperial.

But keep in mind that this is standard game, host or tournament organisator may pick another mod, to lock some of the roads of winning.​

Kingdoms (already presented):

Treant Woods
Murloc Lounge
Hell Gate
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kingdoms (in progress):

Elven Garden
Altar of Fangs
Dungeon
image.jpg
models_6316_screenshot_tnb.jpg
image.jpg

The help that I need:

• Fresh ideas for Kingdoms and their heroes, any nice ideas would be welcomed!
  • Spell ideas for the Air|Water|Eart|Fire|Nature and Light|Death|Order|Chaos, Arcane
  • Names for Kingdoms (now list): Satyr, Kobold(?), Naga, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Tauren, Troll

It is not the full list of the Kingdoms, that will be presented in game

Test Video of gameplay (not as much really at this moment), please stay calm and dont beat me very hard, it is my first serious project that i am aim to finish.

MAGIC GUILD 1-10 levels effects
WIP Boots Hak Custom Inventory system

Attachments

• MiniMapHak.png
    MiniMapHak.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 996
  • Map1.png
    Map1.png
    768.1 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Map2.png
    Map2.png
    768.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • MM.jpg
    MM.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 412
  • FM.jpg
    FM.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Level 9
Goblin might be Mecha Coroprations

Naga..... Atlantis!

Troll can be Zandalari
Satyr... cult of the Corrupted

Try to merge KOBOLD,Gnolls murlocs and troggs.... Axis of Awful!

For spell ideas... gimme a minure!

Level 9

Naga..... Atlantis!

Troll can be Zandalari

Level 30

Naga..... Atlantis!

Troll can be Zandalari

Ty for ideas, i will think about it.
The problem with Satyrs that Corrupted will be subclass of those who are not primary affilated with Chaos, so for example - Corrupted Paladin or Corrupted Elf, etc. In this case if you gain Corrupted subclass of your choice - you can cast Chaos Spells altogether with your primary spellclass - Light\Nature

I wont to make Gnolls as a separate Kingdom

Sounds good. I am looking forward to this.

Is there a background lore for this?

Thank you, i have a simple background lore, becouse i want the people to imagine all unknown and mystery by their own, it will come later on.

Level 9
So... some unit ideas...

Satyrs can be then related yo greek myths... nature lovers........ or u coukd put them asunderworld like from monoliths ... underworld agents

So.... hm... Dwarves..... Ironforge

Also... duengeon... hm..... good place for kobolds there... along with golems, salamanders...... also. For the creepy spiders

Heoes ideas

Sundering Earth[granite golem](strength hero for duenegon)

Crawler(hydralisk)[agilty hero]

Broodmother (intell hero for degeon)

Elven gardens.... possiblity.... elves.... mages... druids and ents or treants or anything like that....
Also mystical creatures... dragonhawks or farie dragons... who knoes?

Tamer[ranger model]*ag hero for elv garden)

Guardian[ancnt of war corrupted model](str for elv garden)

Archmage(intell)

Hope this was helpful..

Level 30
So... some unit ideas...

Satyrs can be then related yo greek myths... nature lovers........ or u coukd put them asunderworld like from monoliths ... underworld agents

So.... hm... Dwarves..... Ironforge

Also... duengeon... hm..... good place for kobolds there... along with golems, salamanders...... also. For the creepy spiders

Heoes ideas

Sundering Earth[granite golem](strength hero for duenegon)

Crawler(hydralisk)[agilty hero]

Broodmother (intell hero for degeon)

Elven gardens.... possiblity.... elves.... mages... druids and ents or treants or anything like that....
Also mystical creatures... dragonhawks or farie dragons... who knoes?

Tamer[ranger model]*ag hero for elv garden)

Guardian[ancnt of war corrupted model](str for elv garden)

Archmage(intell)

Hope this was helpful..

Nice idea to move Kobolds into dungeon, Treants has treir own Treant Woods, Satyrs are primary affilated with Chaos

Level 6
I like the idea thus far, and your idea seems to be good.
Even tho I haven't tested the map yet, I already see some things that should be talked about.
First off: In your TestVideo, everything is russian. And I'm not only talking about your game language.
The hero and the buildings where all in russian. Will you change that later on, or what is your plan on that?
The second thing I'm thinking about is that I've heard the name "Heroes & Kingdoms" somewhere already.
Or atleast something similar to that. That should be definitely kept in mind, to not confuse people your map with another one.
And something what I can't say for sure, since I've just seen the video,
and not seen any Screenshots: The Terraining seems to lack a lot of details and seems plain.
That is something you should work on, because in my opinion these huge maps, with big battlegrounds,
are definitely in desire of a good and well designed terrain.
These are just my thoughts I have about seeing your short presentation of your map.
I hope we can test it soon, so I can give you even more thoughts on it, if that helped.
However: I wish you good luck on the further Development of your map!

Level 30
I like the idea thus far, and your idea seems to be good.
Even tho I haven't tested the map yet, I already see some things that should be talked about.
First off: In your TestVideo, everything is russian. And I'm not only talking about your game language.
The hero and the buildings where all in russian. Will you change that later on, or what is your plan on that?
The second thing I'm thinking about is that I've heard the name "Heroes & Kingdoms" somewhere already.
Or atleast something similar to that. That should be definitely kept in mind, to not confuse people your map with another one.
And something what I can't say for sure, since I've just seen the video,
and not seen any Screenshots: The Terraining seems to lack a lot of details and seems plain.
That is something you should work on, because in my opinion these huge maps, with big battlegrounds,
are definitely in desire of a good and well designed terrain.
These are just my thoughts I have about seeing your short presentation of your map.
I hope we can test it soon, so I can give you even more thoughts on it, if that helped.
However: I wish you good luck on the further Development of your map!

Thank you for your reply!

1. The map interface is in russian becouse i am from ukraine and my game is in russian, but however all skills,subtitles,and everything will be descripted in english only.
2. Heroes and Kingdoms if you spotted here is my map project topic that i have published here before. Hovewer i just noticed a game called Heroes and Empires, which looks similar to what I am doing but not the same (becouse i it is not rip-off), also my map is referened to Heroes of Might and Magic universe + Warcraft universe and others.
3. I have plain terrain for the sake of making it more suitable for the Kingdom types selected by players, and Neutrals, and to keep it clear for me to concentrate on game mechanics rather than decoration things that may come later on. I really love estetics on maps but i also want an unique feeling of gameplay itself when you start playing it every time.

Level 30
Treant Woods = Ents
Murloc Lounge = Murlocs
Hell Gate = Demons
Elven Garden = Elves

So what's the inhabitants of Altar of Fangs and Dungeon?

And I also would like to see a mechanical/goblin race.

Altar of Fangs = Gnolls
Dungeon = Kobolds, Rats, Spiders, Gold and artifact based units, artificial and magical.

There will be Dwarfs, Goblins that will maintain technical things.

Level 30
Completely overchanged the layout of the map and basicly the concept, now you have two teams. And No FFA. Each player fight with 3 opponets on theit lanes, so basicly its is mixed of MOBA and King of the Hill\Risk game type. With this changes i am going to simplify and clear all vague and strange ideas of the original and will try to create something good and playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.