• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Wars: Revived and Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well we all here played hero wars, but the bs thing is that ppl pick overpowered characters and tome like crazy, and its not fun. So, I am taking a super small break from my current project to finish this one up. Which is actually more finished then my other one....

Quick OverView:
Hero Wars. There will be two taverns for each side. Old School and New, old characters and new ones. Everything will be balanced. Totally fresh spells. Three maps to choose from. Killing players and finishing a game gives you points which let you get special items from your base (Not imba items ex: 10% movement speed or +5% mana regen, or +50hp.)

Basically Im thinking, no more tomes. No stun gay moves. Moves will be original. Also dont worry I will not put any item combination system to make new items. There will be a goblin zeplin flying around the map at only certain times that you can guy items from. Not overpowered items. I mean like 10% mana regen, or 5% speed increase. Small things that make a difference. Big is not always better (unless were talking about a penis).

Also another thing we all loved was the arena battles in hero wars. But alot of the time we didnt get the fight. So now, Im a make a new system were its will be a 2vs2 person in the arena fight. Also, there will be a mail system where you can send challanges to the other team and fight in a seperate smaller arena, while the game is taking place. Now you might be thinking cool but why have that?

Well whats the gratitude of playing a game for an hour when it ends you dont recieve anything from it? None. So, I will put in a reward system in, for every twenty kills you get a gold trophy, for every game you win you get a bronze trophy 5 bronze trophy = a gold trophy and these trophys can be used to buy special (NOT overpowered) items that you can save and load in the begining of the game to have a certain advantage.

I was thinking off adding secondary proffession thats you can choose from, instead of shops and stuff. So like:

Alchemist:
Can make hp potions and mana potions

Architect:
Can create towers (instead of buying a peon)

Blacksmithing:
Create armor and weapons

Herbalist Miner:
Can harvest wood, stone, iron and herbs faster then the proffesions above, which would be a helper on a team.

171139-albums1997-picture15380.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15379.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15378.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15448.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15444.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15540.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15835.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15449.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15447.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15446.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15541.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15836.jpg

Group Pic:
171139-albums1997-picture15377.jpg

Areas:
171139-albums1997-picture15376.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15375.jpg

171139-albums1997-picture15374.jpg

Terrain 100% Complete
Spells 100% Complete
Characters 8% Complete

Map Size: 1.58mbs

PS: I used a plain terrain with not much to it, to keep it simple. As this is just a update of Hero Wars.

Last edited:
Level 2
wow... 10% chance for 5x dmg isnt that OP?
Oh and about dark elf archer *cough* Travex*cough* shadowstep seems liek a interesting skill

Level 11
wow... 10% chance for 5x dmg isnt that OP?
Oh and about dark elf archer *cough* Travex*cough* shadowstep seems liek a interesting skill

10% chance for 5x dmg isnt exactly Op, you need to calculate the heros stats and such, because the original blademaster has higherstates for critical strike, so take that into calculation. And if it does come out to be OP in the game I will most defenetly change it.

Yea hero ideas would excelent as I want to finish and release the beta either today or tomorow, and I just need acouple more ideas.

Well yea, I had to copy Travex cause im in love with that character. Not dota, just her lmao.

Updated with 2 more characters finished today! Ranger and Mesmer. Once I hit 12 characters I will release the beta. So far 10! Just 2 more, then just need to finish the hero selection system and beta time!

Last edited:
Level 15
Well we all here played hero wars, but the bs thing is that ppl pick overpowered characters and tome like crazy, and its not fun.
You are so right. Hero Wars is tome spam (the original, anyway). However, I really like the "Accuracy Bonus". Are you still keeping that thing? 'Cos its really awesome sometimes (getting owned by a 100% health hero is fun xD)

Anyway, 0.5% attack damage bonus (See Slayer's Ultimate) is totally crappy. Its barely 1 damage if you have 100 base damage 0_o. Better check the tooltip.

Realised that the Ranger's first skill seems pure killer. It does ~1350 damage to a line?
Also, it makes no sense for Tigers to have a poisonous attack, maybe name it "Wound" or something? Trap and Ultimate seems fine.

Dark Elf Archer has a rather Over-powered looking Frost Arrow. 15 bonus damage and 70% slow? That's rather epic, right? It means their movement speed would be: Movespeed x 100 / 170. Assuming that they have 340 movement speed (for the sake of calculation), it would mean they would end up with 34000/170 = 200. Epicly slow 0_o. Otherwise, fine.

Really cool that you are remaking and improving an old classic (it started all the way back in RoC, the good times!) Good luck!

Level 11
Sounds good, although I don't like Hero Wars. :grin:. Maybe this will change my mind.
But again, the terrain disturbs me :xxd:, but it's okay for a Hero War map. It shall not be laggy.
I'm looking forward to playing it.

Well, yea the terrain will look better up close lmao, but its simple and plain to not cause lag and still give you an old skool atmosphere.

You are so right. Hero Wars is tome spam (the original, anyway). However, I really like the "Accuracy Bonus". Are you still keeping that thing? 'Cos its really awesome sometimes (getting owned by a 100% health hero is fun xD)

Anyway, 0.5% attack damage bonus (See Slayer's Ultimate) is totally crappy. Its barely 1 damage if you have 100 base damage 0_o. Better check the tooltip.

Realised that the Ranger's first skill seems pure killer. It does ~1350 damage to a line?
Also, it makes no sense for Tigers to have a poisonous attack, maybe name it "Wound" or something? Trap and Ultimate seems fine.

Dark Elf Archer has a rather Over-powered looking Frost Arrow. 15 bonus damage and 70% slow? That's rather epic, right? It means their movement speed would be: Movespeed x 100 / 170. Assuming that they have 340 movement speed (for the sake of calculation), it would mean they would end up with 34000/170 = 200. Epicly slow 0_o. Otherwise, fine.

Really cool that you are remaking and improving an old classic (it started all the way back in RoC, the good times!) Good luck!

Oh yea, accuracy bonus is totally still in it. Also you get bonuses for double kills, and triple kills.

1. Slayer- Its actually 0.50% of that allies heros attack (ex: level 1 ranger 21-31 damage + slayer ultimate gets +15 dmg to her current attack.)

2.Ranger- Its a cone effect, she shoots them in a V <- like direction. So its not in a line :). Yea I am gona change the name of slow posion to wound and make it into faire fire i think, which will be way better. Like the tiger can smell his prey once he attacks it.

3.Dark Elf, yea your right I gotta change that. Stats way to high for that lol. Didnt notice, idk y :p

Yea I remeber playing Hero Exiled. OMFG, lol like all day just that. hero wars is a real good time waster if you need to waste time lmao.

Im going to include several new characters to be intruduced into the series as you can see by all the characters I am making. But I will put in some old classic once with retouched spells to make it balanced. I think this game will fun, PS! if anyone can make me a spell that when a user throws a grenade an area of effect happens where ppl start to halucinate. Im going crazy, I really want that spell in this map lmao.

Will update with more characters probably today!
Thats for all your comments guys!

EOD

EOD

Level 1
10% movement speed or +5% mana regen, or +50hp is not even imba

Level 15
Add a space after the word 'Learn' for the Monk's Searing Light ability.

The Orc Marine (just read his info) looks way better than the original one (Firebolt lol). Wind Charge says that he is a Blademaster. Please fix that xD

Alpha Suit upgrade appears to be weaker than the Monk's Devotion Aura. Perhaps increase the armour bonus?

Still looking really interesting. I can't wait to play Hero Wars with some refined heroes and improved gameplay!

Level 11
Add a space after the word 'Learn' for the Monk's Searing Light ability.

The Orc Marine (just read his info) looks way better than the original one (Firebolt lol). Wind Charge says that he is a Blademaster. Please fix that xD

Alpha Suit upgrade appears to be weaker than the Monk's Devotion Aura. Perhaps increase the armour bonus?

Still looking really interesting. I can't wait to play Hero Wars with some refined heroes and improved gameplay!

Yea, Im a rush trying to get it to at least a beta stage, I will fix all error like that blademaster and that learn ability before release. Thank you for telling me, I probably would have not noticed lol.

Well the alpha suit upgrade is armor just for that hero while the monks is all heroes but himself.... After checking it I think your right, lol Ill up the armor on alpha suit upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.