• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Hero Binders WIP Infos and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
You always wanted to become a mighty hero? Or even a God?
Then i have good news for you!

In Hero Binders two teams fight for the right to call themselves Gods.
To achieve this Task they are ordered to kill an ancient Demon that only appears once every 1000 Years. A desperate race to glory starts.

Defend your Castle against hordes of monsters, while getting stronger and merging you own Body with powerful creatures. Craft mighty Items to crush your Enemy or to challenge giant Bosses.

...enough epicness for now..here are the facts!

I am working on this map since i found out that there is a wc3 editor. I completely restarted this Project 4 times, because i learned a lot of new stuff and the older version were...well...crap ^^

With this concept now i am pretty happy and i think it could make a lot of fun. I AM STILL A NEWBIE. That said i can now show what i got and what i still need to do :ogre_haosis:

First some Screens out of the Editor. Not much, but im not ready to show more right now...its still early dev stage.
Overview over the maplayout:

overviewwhum4.png

The 3 different Areas you need to Defend:

area1a7usv.png

area25kukx.png

area3ldudh.png

Side Bosses:

sidebosses4wutj.png

Pre "Endboss":

smallmainbossvqupy.png

Traders (from left to right): Armor, Weapons, Potions and stuff, Binding Shop, Unit sends, Support Minions

trader4zup4.png

The map consist of 5 Areas you need to go through.
Three defense Areas and two Bosses. To win you need to keep your Castle Alive and kill the Endboss before the other Team does. If you want you can send Units to slow down or even kill the Enemy and if you get in trouble yourself you can buy Items or support minions like a healer etc.

There are 4 classes of items: Basic, simple, advanced and Master.
Those apply for weapons aswell as for armor, pendants or whatever.
Basic and simple can be crafted in the first area, advanced in the second and so on.
There are also Special items that are classed as Legendary and Godlike. You can get legendary Items by killing the Side Bosses. If you manage to get all legendarys of one Attribute, you get the Godlike item.

now...how do i get to the next area?

Thats simple! Push through the outward facing lane and obtain the key for the gate on the other lane.

But...the creeps are so strong!

No problem my small apprentice!
you can merge yourself with mighty creatures to get stronger heroes.
For this you go into the Bind zone, that is located in the middle of the map and kill the strong Neutral creeps. Every creep stands for one attribute and has a different bind Effect. But beware! in the Bind area both teams can meet...so watch out or die!

Now...why the heck did i type all that stuff?
ok! First: i want to know your opinions...what do you think about the concept?

Second: I got a small problem... Because every bind creep gets another bind result with every hero you use it on.
I have to make a load of Units. Each one has to be more or less uniqe and thats the problem..with every level the number of possibilities gets bigger. Way too much units in the end. any ideas how i could fix that?
i was thinking of 3 main Units every player comes back to at the end of each area, but this i kinda lame...

Greetings CodeBlack

Level 7
Sounds like X Hero Siege mixed Bleach vs One Piece, but with some interesting features.

For your bind thing, you should create a system that automates the process.
You just need a few dozen "base" units, and based on which units are involved in the binding you change their abilities, stats, and add special effects.

This idea is quite good, but with how binding works right now, i am changing the whole unit/ model...ima try it, but i think this is going to be hard ^^
(other possiblity would be to find someone who makes me some...i mean a lot XD... models, i can attach to the original unit when binding)

any other ideas i can try too?

Level 7
Ok guys ^^
i came up with an idea yesterday. Now im not sure if this is possible.

I was thinking of a system where every creep replaces one Body part...for example:

You bind with the lvl 1 agility creep. it replaces your left leg. when you bind with the lvl1 strength creep it replaces the same leg, but with another model... lvl2 could then replace the right leg. This way your hero would look different depending on what you bind with and i only need to change stats and add abilities. Would it be possible to add models to the charachter, like a weapon model, just that it covers the original? (leg,arm, whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.