• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] The Greatest Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7

The Greatest Dreams

Unexpected tab 2

Project by:IamFootman061

234886-albums7007-picture77993.bmp

Art by Chaosy

Introduction

Unexpected tab 2

A Cinematic Project made by IamFootman061. I am planning to make a cinematic series called The Greatest Dreams. I expect all of it to be done on June-September. This thread is all about the cinematic series so if you have anything about this series, reply here.

Story

The Dreaming Warriors
The Dreaming warriors is the warriors that thinks that the dragons is still alive. They are the main character in the story. They also dreams to live with the dragons.
They are picked by the dragons to lead them and teach them how to live with the humans and blood elves.

Main Story

There are four dreaming warriors in the Ashtron realms. They are Francis, Bagon, Jenny, and Tony. They are the four people who destined to control and rule the world.
Francis is the one of the warriors. He forced to leave on Warriors' Island because of his father. The Blood elves attack the island and kill anyone. He leave and he go to a place called Pastour town. He meet many people. He meet there too a human named Bagon. Bagon know that Francis would come because of the dragons. He said to that they are meant to meet each other and they will meet too other people named Jenny and Tony.
After having a two day sleep in there. They decided to leave and go together. They travel on foot to go to a city named Oldan city which is the city of the mages. They are finding someone named Jenny. They don't know where it is but the dragons said the place where Jenny is living. They meet Jenny and trying to convince her to go with them but jenny won't believe what they are saying. After trying to convince her, they decide to live there for a few days or months to wait for Jenny to come with them. King Benedict planned to kill all the humans and he want to that only blood elf race will live in the Ashtron Realms.
The three of them saw a prophecy that the blood elves are planning to attack the Oldan city after attacking the Warriors' Island. After that day, a group of blood elves soldiers comed to the city and purged it. Jenny get angry and planning to revenge and kill them all so she go together with the two to train and get her revenge.
After that day, they plan to go to the Valor city, the city of the blood elves. That city is in the country of Gein, the country of blood elves. They found a trade center where they could go together to go to Valor city. After coming, the people seemed surprised when they come because they are the only human. They manage to find Tony easily, but they can't talk to her because it's a blood elven ranger-general and if they talk to her, they will surely kill by her.
A report has been said to Tony so she go on for it. She go to the city of Padle and they followed her where Tony go. But a small group of Warriors' Island found them and tried to kill them but Francis,Bagon and Jenny save her. They talk to Tony and they make Tony to decide to go with them. Tony said that she need a day to think for it.
The next day, the day of decision. Tony talk to them and she decide to go with them. After it, they go to Mash Forest. (A forest near Padle) They build a small camp. While sleeping, Tony dream and the dragon said to her that her decision is correct.
The next three days, they found a Unknown place. They didn't notice that it's the hideout of the dragons with the other creatures. When they found an orc, they tried to kill it and a dragon stop them. They notice that it's the dragon in their dream so they listen to it.
The dragon said all about the dreaming warriors and what will they do. They need to do is they will leave and find the Naga Tomb from the west, A Heaven's gate from the east (Warriors' Island), A Great Desert from the south and an Icy Mountains from the north and they will leave seperately. While finding it, a group of undead is stopping them from doing it just because of the reason that all undead creatures will die but they won't listen to them and they try to kill it but they failed. The undead cast a sleeping spell to them.
When they wake up, they are in a cage and the undead is having a ritual to them. So many guards. They don't know that a group of undead is attacking every city they seen and killing every creatures they saw. They escape from that cage and they go to where they need to go.
They easily found it but Francis notice that he is going to his home island. It's now an encampment of the undead. He go to heaven's gate and they done seperately a ritual and a glowing light from different direction created. It kills all the undead but don't restore the plague.
After it, they try to make the people friendly the the other creatures and now, a peaceful realm has been created. The plague is not fixed but they are living peacefully. Some of the villages, towns and city has a problem in banditry, assassination and other criminality.

Ashtron Realms

The story is set in the epic realm of Ashtron. Humans, Blood elves, and other creatures like dragons, ghouls, orc, trolls and many more lives there. It's once the most peaceful realm before the Last War. There are many people trading, loving each other and no fights and war.

Because of the Last War, many people affected on it and they fight each other, it's like they still holding by the strange creatures.

On Work...

Main Characters

Francis
One of the protagonist in the story is Francis, the son of George. George is the leader of the group of warriors from Warriors' Island. Francis is one of the people believe that the creatures is still alive. Even after the Last War. He feels the power of the dragons. He thinks all of the creatures died not the dragons. He feels to that it just want to live peacefully together with the humans. So he search for it.
Francis' greatest dreams is to be the most powerful warrior in the world. And he wanted to do it together with the dragons. He search for the dragons for the powers he wants. He wanted too to live with the dragons. He will teach humans how to live with the dragons just because of what he thinks about the dragons that they are still alive.

Bagon
Another protagonist in the story is Bagon, a fine and gentleman swordsman. Bagon is one the hero of the humans. He kills so much powerful creatures like ghouls and orcs. Some of the creatures he killed is a powerful monsters.
Bagon's greatest dreams is to have a nice and good family. He thinks too that the dragons is still alive and he can only have a nice family together with the dragons.

Jenny
Again, one of the protagonist is Jenny, a great mage. Jenny is one of the powerful mages of the humans. She kills undead with her powerful light magics.
Jenny's greatest dreams is to have her own clan named Fairy mages. Also, she wants the dragons to be in her guild.

Tony
Again, another protagonist in the story is Tony, a ranger-general of the blood elves. She leads her rangers to seek the strange creatures and planning to kill them all.
Tony's greatest dreams is to be a queen or princess with the dragons in her side.

The Last War

Before the Last War

The Ashtron realms is once the world of the strange creatures like dragons, ghouls, orc, trolls and many more. Because of it, humans and blood elves can't live peacefully. The humans and blood elves helps each other to kill those strange creatures. After helping each other, most of those creatures died. Some of these strange creatures hide in the desserts, forest, underwater caves, and mountains to live peacefully. After hiding, humans and blood elves didn't seen them so they declare that the War was ended.
The people seems don't believe on them. They feel the power of the creatures. Hiding and training to revenge. So some people search for them and some of them was found dead. The Humans and blood elves don't believe them. They say that it's just an assassin threatening them.
After it. Many people search for it and they died also. The humans and blood elves forced to find those creatures again. Some people believe that the creatures just want to live peacefully like them. When they found the hiding spot of those creatures, they form a group of soldiers to kill them. But they didn't succed. The humans and blood elves declare the Last War against those creatures.

During the Last War

During the Last war, a group of warriors from an island called Warriors' Island group themselves and come together with the humans and blood elves. Finding the deadly creatures.
A bloody war was made when they come. Many warriors died. But all of the creatures died or they just think so?

After the Last War

After the Last war, the humans and blood elves live unlikely before the last war. There are such banditry, killing, assassination, wars and many more. It is now the worst realm because of those creatures.

Screenshots
Trailer
Episode 1
234886-albums7007-picture78277.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture78276.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture78275.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture78075.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture78074.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture78073.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture77756.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture77755.bmp

Author's Note

Thank you for reading this! I hope you wait the update and be my fan!

The Maps will be uploaded on summer! The trailer is on work!

The Voice Actors will request soon!

The Greatest Dreams Signature

234886-albums7007-picture77994.bmp

Code:
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/greatest-dreams-246362/][plain][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/234886-albums7007-picture77995.bmp[/IMG][/url][/plain]

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
please remove the blue text it hurts the eyes to read. use white text.

also the story is kinda fucked up.
"The story is set in the epic realm of Ashtron. Humans, Blood elves, and other creatures like dragons, ghouls, orc, trolls and many more lives there. It's once the most peaceful realm before the Last War. There are many people trading, loving each other and no fights and war."

yet all the character are warriors.

nice to see a cinematic project tho. Goodluck

Level 30
Seconded all of Chaosy's suggestions. Blue texts really hurts the eye due to its deep and unclear form. It would be better if you will just stay on a plain color or just one color, it would be much more better then combine it with some Bold fonts on the header and making their font size bigger.

Also, I know you are trying to give a good story or lore to the events and the characters though you should really fix some of the grammar mistakes and some words there seems to unfit the scenario or sounds weird.

Overall, I am looking forward to this and I wish you could release some screenshots for it will be a better way to show how much you are progressing on this rather than words though.

Reps for the work.

Level 30
Long time no see. Anyways, about those new screenshots, I just did noticed them so my feedback will be this:

The edges' tile or the rock tile looks blurry or quite stretched in that form so I would suggest is that use a tile (can be a custom one if you want) that hides its blurry or stretched appearance even when that is done. The trees in the side are also not a good idea on the hillside for they look like flying due to the angle it is in. Rocks at the sides also looks flying due to the angle also. It is pretty much of a bad idea to put doodads on side parts.

The second screenshot does not show much of an anything so you should change that or either change the camera view where something can be seen

Overall, the terrain looks good even at its state so good luck with this and hope to see more from this.

Level 21
Yes, it's quite nice but I have some remarks. The first screenshot has too flat hills so they look slightly bad. Smoothen them and you might obtain a better result. Also, some rocks seem to be half-floating. Perhaps smoothening might resolve this problem too.
The second screenshot has an inappropriate camera perspective because almost half of the image shows tall grass. Move the camera slightly upwards to fix this.

Level 7
Yes, it's quite nice but I have some remarks. The first screenshot has too flat hills so they look slightly bad. Smoothen them and you might obtain a better result. Also, some rocks seem to be half-floating. Perhaps smoothening might resolve this problem too.
The second screenshot has an inappropriate camera perspective because almost half of the image shows tall grass. Move the camera slightly upwards to fix this.

Thanks for the feedback. Will surely do your suggestions

Level 30
Nice new terrain screenshots and looks like that you are making a decent progress here. Now, for me to give my remarks as always and to help you in the way I can.

The village terrain looks good, the blue fog looks good though not the best choice for me (but depends on what part of the cinematics it will be used though). The way you merged the form of different colored house looks quite bad and unrealistic due to the different roof colors it has, I would suggest merging two houses with same roof color.

But the terrain could use some more doodads/destructibles in it. It looks quite empty and to add, is also flat (use the terrain palette tools to do the job of having ground variations). And to repeat, for your Episode 1 screenshots, the placement of those rocks on the cliff side looks really bad and does not blend well for me. The rock's appearance also looks too much stretched.

But overall, you are doing great though if it would be better, you should show some cinematic screenshots. Good luck!

Level 21
Hmm, I found some developments from the last time. For example, the second and third screenshots of "Trailer" are pretty good as well as the first screenshot in "Episode 1".
However, having a look at the rest, they are quite deluding. The first screenshot in "Trailer" is too flat and the cluster of building just doesn't look good. Talking about the second screenshot in "Episode 1", I saw again the overstretched rock tile and the doodads "Rocks" applied as if they are going to fall down. Quite unrealistic. About the third one in "Episode 1", it's very empty. Hills are empty, the city lacks of decorative doodads, the part of the graves needs more gloomy doodads. The pathway to the castle itself is empty. No guards, no archways, no black marble etc...

Time for the suggestions to improve:-
- In screenshot one, "Trailer", you need to make the terrain more hilly. The clump of buildings should be separated from each other. Leave some space between each building and add some more flowers, shrubs, custom plants and small custom trees to decorate the village. Add "Stone Path" and "Cobble Path" around the buildings, they give a good result.
- In screenshot 2, "Episode 1" (the most crucial), really needs to be completely remade. The sharp-edged cliffs, the overstreched rock tile and the rocky doodads which seem to be falling give a bad result! You need to smoothen ALL cliffs and add more wisely the rocks. Perhaps you could also add a tree if you want.
- In screenshot 3, "Episode 1", fill it with a lot of doodads. The graveyard needs to be done with dirt, rought dirt and some blight. If you want it to have a look of a royal graveyard, add some Dark Grass or Grassy Dirt. Also, the graves should have different looks and be separated from each other, not stuck all together. A real graveyard has its graves separated from one another with flowers on them. The pathway to the castle needs more Black Marble, some royal guards, archways, obelisks, statues, banners... The hills need a lot of trees, shrubs, flowers and these foresty things. And finally, the city needs some fountains, benches and plants beside the buildings. Ah, and about the buildings, let them face one of these 4 angles: 0, 90, 180, 270 just to let it have a look of a royal city.
That's all for now

Ah, one last thing, I am joining in the voice acting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.