• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

God's Word: The True Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
x_e49eb379.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to Farrield - the world where gods play with destinies of mortals, where Lady Magic unofficially rules and abandoned caves and dark dungeons keep mighty arthefacts, where always is the power that decides to break the balance and to tip the scales to their advantage!

Short description

Title: God's word: The True Way
Developers: Divine Style Team
Genre: RPG
Version: Demo coming soon.
Number of players: 1
AI Support: Included
Time of completion: Depending on the way you choose
Tileset: Various

Project Video

Official Trailer
One day of NPS's Life

Screenshots

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
3066999.jpg
3060855.jpg
3068020.jpg
3040372.jpg
3035255.jpg
3035255.jpg
3050612.jpg

The Plot

Farrield was beautiful once with its great castles, many cosy villages with blooming gardens lifting beyond palace gates, towns with luxurious manors of native nobility and poor settlements with poverty-stricken hovels - this world once lived calm and measured life and races lived in these graceful lands didn't known the meaning of the words 'distrust' and 'betray'.
Another page of the history of glorious Farrield was peeled and on the green hills of surrounding pastures like a dark plaques stained with blood of local defenders, remains of burned villages can be seen. Warcries of orcs settled down if the forests can be heard there... Majestic elves and gnomes are on the brink of war and meanwhile ancient evil rises the forces...
You are the Chosen by chance or by the call of her majesty Destiny... Will you take up the gauntlet or remain the average man? Will you interfere or let all take its course? Will you help people, perform a feats of valour or rob, shatter and take the last hope away from people?
Only you decide...

This is only a small part of overall plot, you can uncover the rest during gameplay.

Game World Map

115210d1340818225-gods-word-true-way-gw-map-png-eng-.png

The Gods

Oromir - King of gods, the god of Balance;
Orkwarrog - God of war, patron of orcs, trolls, ogres and goblins;
Silwargar - God of forests, patron of forest elves, ents and satyrs;
Neptos - God of water, patron of lizards and all other inhabitants of the deep seas;
Ballador - God of light, patron of people and high elves;
Borodir - God of earth, patron of gnomes and golems;
Necros - God of darkness, patron of unholy powers.

The Hero

When the game will load, you'll be able to choose one from nine clas

ses (Paladin, Barbarian, Gladiator, Acolyte, Priest, Battlemage, Assassin, Hunter, Swindler). Depending on your choice, the hero will receive bonuses to his stats, an inclination for certain professions and starting item set. Apart from the primary stats, there will be secondary ones (lassitude, stamina, oratory etc.).
Every levelup will restore a part of health and mana points of your hero and 10 research points. You can increase that amount of points if you learn 'Fast Research' ability.

Ability system

You can learn abilities not only from living creatures but also from the idols of different gods. Multiboard will allow to add/remove up to 4 spells.

Quests

There will be very big amount of quests - typical (to kill someone) and original. The most of the quests will be connected with each other anyhow. When the quest is completed, you can sometimes choose the reward you want by yourself.

Simulator elements
  • Food. The hero must eat well or he will die of starvation (to die of starvation your hero mustn't eat for 30 real-time minutes). Special items can increase satiation points (each item will grant different amount). For example, Loaf of bread (+7 satiation points), Apple (+1 satiation point).
    If the amount of satiation points becomes higher than maximal then the hero has nausea with corresponding animation played, that results descreasion of satiation points for 25.
    If the hero eats many and eats often then maximal amount of satiation points will increase (hero will grow fat).
    If the amount of satiation pointsis less or equal to 25 then maximal amount of satiation points will decrease (hero will grow thin).
  • Sleep. Hero always will get tired and to take off the effects of weariness, he must sleep. When he have big amount of lassitude points, he moves and attacks slower. If the amount of lassitude points reach 100 then this amount will be set to 0 and hero is ready to drop and will sleep in the place where he stands (if enemies are close then hero dies), but to get this, you mustn't sleep for 40 real-time minutes.

Houses, courts, property

You can enter every house. To enter some houses you must find appropriate key or learn 'House-breaking' skill and have the master key set. You're able to sleep in houses, eat there, search the house (of course if master of the house isn't there). You won't be allowed to pass in many houses until your reputation isn't be enough.
Buying houses, arenas etc. will also be included. Some of the property will be profitable.

AI

I'll do my best to make people's behaviour in different situations the most realistic (of course that takes time).
Map's population won't just stand in one place. Every inhabitant of Farrield will sleep and work in specific time and react on all your actions.
There is guards in every habitation that will do their best to cage you if notice any infringement of the law. When in prison, you can really serve your time (requires some minutes) or instantly (will decrease hero stats). Not all the guards are law-abide so you can bribe them for some hundreds of shiny coins. If you haven't the gold then three variants remain: run, fight or surrender.
People will wath their property so be extra accurate before you break in the houses and pick the things from there.

Dialogs

You can talk to the characters with the help of dialog windows. During this you can discover a lot of information (last news, gossips etc.). Also you can trade with people, learn skills, raise stats. Some of dialog buttons will appear after completing some requirements (certain amount of reputation, for example). These buttons can appear in disappear.

Reputation divides by two branches: general and individual.
General reputation is relationship in the whole community/guild to hero. To raise this one you must do socially useful things and do the quests.
Individual reputation is relationship of concrete people to hero. To raise this one you must do useful things for this NPC. This type can be manipulated with oratory.

Import

There will be many import (realistic trees, furniture, models of weapon and armor, homes with disappearing roofs etc.)
All the owners of this will be credited.

The weight: 26 Mb with music and 20 Mb without music. There will be two official versions - with music and without it.

The current lineup:

The direct development

PUVer - Leader, Idea, Scripts, Triggers, Game design, King and God of all GW.
KO3bMA - Models, Game design.
Hate - Coder, Innovator.

Script (No demo)
Скорпион - Writer
Vano - Writer
RFN1 - Writer

Translation
Bobdark - Head of Translation Department
wester - Deputy Head of Translation Department
FYAN aka Freak - HR manager (Translator)
elfloo - Translator
Diazzz - Translator
tgonta - Translator
BAG94 - Translator
avuremybe - Translator
vasex - Translator

Testing
centrino - Tester
Holocauster - Tester
Ihsan - Tester
Ancient - Tester

Former members:
Kos94ok - Spellmeyker (Out Yourself)
Caxickov - Writer Ideyschik (inactive)
Xatriks - Ideyschik (inactive)
* In the former participants are not those whose contribution to the project to zero. In the credits they too will not be.

Credits
SwuJe
- game interface.
БMK - icons professions, guilds, magics
TripleKor - team logo, map of Farrield.
nikikin - convert icons from Risen, model signage
Smert [113] - previews and loading screen
mapwar, Unetco - ideas
(KibBorG) - ideas for the story and the game world.
H_A_PK - Dynamic change of fog
ScorpioT1000 - part of the inventory system
MaHBe, Forum_Russia, YrpoTRIa - models
Скорпион - models, ideas quests
Kirill Pokrovsky - Music
Juliette - The basis of the text boot screen
Ket, Virus - Some models of buildings
oGre - Model: stones, shed, fences
Some models and textures are from the game: World Of Warcraft, and King's of Bounty.

SUPPORT! :ogre_hurrhurr:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/gods-word-true-way-204990/"][IMG]http://savepic.su/1930747.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 7
Armor by changing the texture with an alpha channel. Thus there may be pants and robe. The head is attached to the model separately. So each character a unique appearance. Weapons, shields, cloaks, helmets, shoulder pads - the attachment....

Level 7
Make it english, else I dislike it :p I don't speak russian so its hard to say anything good or bad...
I do not know much English = D
crillepro, I already wrote: English will be, if someone wants to translate.
What can you say specifically about the project, despite the language?

Last edited:
Level 4
crillepro, I already wrote: English will be, if someone wants to translate.
What can you say specifically about the project, despite the language?

Dont dubble post man, use edit button :)

OT; What can i say? Well as i already said before, it looks like a good map. Alot of effort put into it and the terrain is interesting and overall nice looking, the gameplay seems like a typical RPG style gameplay, overallt i would say this is a interesting project but only one problem, it isn't in English.

-Yes i know what you are thinking now, "I have already explained, well that isnt an excuse, start a new tread in recruitment, there you can explain that you need someone to translate your map.

-Goodluck ~ Crillepro :thumbs_up:

Level 7
Dont dubble post man, use edit button :)
Ok, bro. Just in Russian forums, where I'm sitting positions are connected. :grin:
OT; What can i say? Well as i already said before, it looks like a good map. Alot of effort put into it and the terrain is interesting and overall nice looking, the gameplay seems like a typical RPG style gameplay, overallt i would say this is a interesting project but only one problem, it isn't in English.
If there is an intelligent translator, then we will fix this problem.
-Yes i know what you are thinking now, "I have already explained, well that isnt an excuse, start a new tread in recruitment, there you can explain that you need someone to translate your map.
I made this topic not only for finding an interpreter. I am interested in the reaction of foreign people, including you ....
jxtranghero, Very simple. Have the ability to "pull out tree" in the mountain giant. With it you can change the texture in units during the game, thus saving weight without straining her map redundant models. Textures are made so that some parts of the model remain transparent. So we can make robe or pants.
This couple of screen shots of models in the development by КОЗЬМА.

Model in left our hero for the sex-mini-game. :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 1
"Title: God's Word: The True Way
Authors: Divine Style Team (PUVer & KO3bMA)
Type: RPG
Language: Russian (English will be, if someone wants to translate)
Version: Demo
Number of Players: 1
Artificial Intelligence: Yes
Complexity: Norm
Breakthrough Time: Depending on the chosen path
Terrain: Mixed"

A handful of words and you gave me enough information to keep me interested. Usually, most hosted projects like this die because they go inactive, but you also specify you've been working on God's Word : The True Way for over 2 years now. Impressive in itself that you could keep it active this long.

Now then, a quick "review on the preview".

- Considering this was posted yesterday, I'm in awe you had the patience to keep this project hidden from sight. Congrats.

- The Story and Features are very interesting as well. Not too clichee, even though most are common nowadays.

- The screen-shots reveal some of the best terrain and environment elements I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen a lot of eye-candy in W3).

- The models and skins are exceptional as well. I can see where two years of terraining modeling, etc. have gone.

^ The above are positive things I had to point out before I started bashing the main problem which I'm pretty sure is self-evident : Breaking one of the easiest to follow of ALL Hive rules - English. Maps cannot be approved on this site if a common language isn't used so that everyone can enjoy them. This is probably the only flaw your project is burdened with. And to be quite honest : YOUR ENGLISH ISN'T REALLY THAT BAD!
...Don't tell me you're too lazy to translate it yourself, that's no excuse!

So, in the end, until you fix this minor inconvenience, and since this project is between Alpha and Beta phase, I cannot rate it. But I'm very delighted with your work so far!

Last edited:
Level 7
Kl3sk, Thanks for such positive comment. I've already found a translator, and immediately after the release of the Russian version will be the English version. And yes, I know English is really bad, I just use a Google Translator . :ogre_haosis:

Level 1
Don't mention it PUVer , I can't wait to see the demo so that I can review and +Rep you accordingly.

Level 7
Kl3sk, I can not give an exact release date for the demo. Since I do not always have time to develop a project and I do not want you to fail, naming the date.
As for the translation: I think it would be better if the map will translate a person with knowledge of both languages. I doubt that you possess good Russian, and has ever taught him. Although who knows you = D But anyway, I already found someone to translate the map.
Don't mention it PUVer , I can't wait to see the demo so that I can review and +Rep you accordingly.

Everyone is waiting and you will wait :ogre_hurrhurr: You just learned about the project, but some people are waiting for two years and everything is alright.

Level 7
A bit of craft skills. There will be 11 crafts:
Batlle Craft
Blacksmithing
Alchemy
Enchanting
Sewing
Farming
Jewellery
Engineering
Hunting
Cookery
Robbery
In each set of craft skills. For example, in battle craft: Possession one-handed weapon, parrying shield, possession two-handed weapon , etc.
You will be able to download any skill regardless of class. A class defines a predisposition to certain skills. Thus, it will be possible to make the hunter-farmer-alchemist-killer, and in general anyone.
bowser499, ок. We have already agreed.

Level 2
o_O how many reviews!
PUVer, early to tell secrets).
I think the transfer will be a sufficient interest from neruskoyazychnoy audience, it is not difficult, but it would be stupid not translate subscript, and with a sense of humor and knowledge of slang, a friendly audience in English)
probably better to have a demo ready, but we also want to know, whether it is worth doing?

Level 2
about the terrain and models
I would like specific comments and suggestions, given enough information from PUVer

Level 9
looks good. But I think (remember: this is a stupid not-thought about opinion) that you should configure the attachment points better.

3040372.jpg

he has a sword in his inventory, where the heck is it? Unless it's a dagger. A tiny tiny needle of a dagger.

Level 2
looks good. But I think (remember: this is a stupid not-thought about opinion) that you should configure the attachment points better.
he has a sword in his inventory, where the heck is it? Unless it's a dagger. A tiny tiny needle of a dagger.

inventory is empty, darkened icons mean slots for a subject

Level 7
Now the map is already craft skills:
Battle craft: Possession one-handed weapon, parrying shield, possession two-handed weapon , Long weapons, two weapons, heavy weapons, Snake agility, Whack, Critical Strike, Light Armor, Heavy Armor
Alchemy: making potions health , making potions mana, Mixing, Preparation of poisons, making potions permanent effect, making special potions , herbalism.
Farming: Planting, weeding, harvesting, bee-keeping, milking cattle.
Blacksmithing: Sharpening weapons.
Robbery: A Pocket theft, burglary, destruction of graves.
Hunting: Extract meat, Extract trophy, Use traps, Create fire, Possession the bow, Fishing.
Cooking: Frying, Preparation of moonshine, Baking.
If you have any questions about the craft skills, you can ask me.

Well project look ok, we can and will give you support and feedback, you can upload demo, finished map here etc etc. But when you decide to upload it into map section it must be created on English language. You can link original Russian link there as well. But main download link must offer English version.

I suggest you request forum here on site, maybe will you find someone who can work on translating.

Level 7
We already have a hidden development environment and we have found an interpreter. But if suddenly we need a forum on this site, we'll try to get it. What we do not want to ask the forum right now, is dictated by the fact that the existence of the forum requires the owner of certain duties. At the moment we do not want to spend the time for it and prefer to directly develop map. Do you have any comments, ideas, suggestions about the project?

Level 1
We already have a hidden development environment and we have found an interpreter. But if suddenly we need a forum on this site, we'll try to get it. What we do not want to ask the forum right now, is dictated by the fact that the existence of the forum requires the owner of certain duties. At the moment we do not want to spend the time for it and prefer to directly develop map. Do you have any comments, ideas, suggestions about the project?

Comments ? Don't mind if I do!

Ideas ? Make the hidden development public when you're 90-95% complete or near completion. This will increase hype and might offer you some "pre-feedback" on your progress thus far.

Suggestions ? Try finding a good GFXer for your loading screen and main banner (it would help aesthetically)

Level 7
I finish the script in Word 2007 (Later I will move script innovations into the map, but it did not take me long. Here the most difficult to come up with all this), and KO3bMA makes attachment and animations for units.

Level 7
Tleno, There will not be shown no genitals. This would be similar to the erotic moments in games like Gothic 2 or Assassin's Creed 2. No more. So do not worry. Be happy. = D

I'm agreeing with Tleno... Some moderators may take a bad looking into it and the map will become hard to aprove.

Anyway, nice project. I see you put a lot of effort into it, 2 years? That's what I call enthusiasm.

From the sreenshots I can tell that the terraining is simply awesome, and the texture changing of the character for different equipments is brilliant.
Good work... Just keep in mind that you won't be able to upload it in map section if it isn't completly in english.

Anyway... +rep and good luck.

Last edited:
Level 7
Project news from 12.11.2011
1. Improved sound and music, added a lot of new sounds. Now, almost every action hero accompanied by sound: Open the gates, closing gates, drink potions, food, etc. In addition to the music now has a background sounds: Day of the village, night of village, Forest Day, night forest, the hum of flies in garbage dumps and toilets, gurgling waterfalls, rain, strong winds, etc. :goblin_yeah:
2. The script is almost finished. It remains to fix some stuff. And then all this is quickly transferred to the card. Transfer the script does not take much time, because all of these conversations I have already communicated to automatism. The most difficult part is to invent them.
3. КОЗЬМА is currently engaged attachment. He has already completed the development of weapons and shields.

4. Recently it has been corrected many errors and shortcomings. For example, I corrected errors in Multiboard and translated some of the real values ​​to integers.

5. Slightly improved battle system. Now Maung hero can fight even feet. In addition, he now holds the weapon properly when playing the animation preparation for the attack.
6. Unfortunately, as always, I and КОЗЬМA have little time to develop the project. I study at university, КОЗЬМA work. But still we try to find time for the project.
7. КОЗЬМA redevelop most of the animations, made them more beautiful. КОЗЬМA also added some new animations expressing the emotions of characters in conversation, such as laughter, * Facepalm * etc. Some of the animations are attached effects.
8. In the project emerged spellmaker - Kos94ok . He has already done two spells at Jass and continues to work on a beautiful and effective spells.

9. To make the game more dynamic, I decided to reduce a cd spell and reduce the damage done. It is also planned system combo spells.
10. Not only main hero will have trigger spells . Each monster will be a set of spells. A lot of bosses spells linked together. Each monster will need its own approach.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.