• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Gladiators ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
2h30jeh.png

Map site
http://www.wix.com/akizzz/goblin-gladiators-orpg

Story
After the great war between goblins and gnolls, king of the goblins Zegir died. Death of the
goblin king was the new reason for war. Gnolls traveled the world of Hyrez looking for
new soldier race. The goblin messanger came in great goblin base and reported that the arena
of great fighters are going to be constructed. So when Rat'zig the son of Zegir heard that ,
he sent his forces to Anhil'ron, second goblin base and asked every goblin gladiator to raise
their weapon and voodo magic skills to defeat great forces of evil that entered this world.

Map
-Map is currently 212x145.
-Sunken Ruins.
-Team play needed, no hero can finish dungeon alone :)
-Level cap is 30 for now.

Goblin
Starting hero, that can travel to voodoo and savage village to do the second class quest. He can learn starting skill (Fireball/Heal,Taunt).

Goblin Alchemist
Poison, cure maker that can be healer and magic dps adept at casting damage over time spells, players can get alchemist class in voodoo village by doing the class quest.
Alchemists can equip magic orbs and cloth armor.
Goblin Mage
Goblin mage is strongest magic dps class, adept at casting magic spells that are dealing great damage on hit, players can get mage class in voodoo village by doing the class quest.
Mage can equip staves, and cloth armor.
Goblin Warlock
Goblin warolck is summoner and magic dps class, adept at casting dark magic spells and summoning undead monsters to fight for him, players can get warlock class in voodoo village by doing the class quest.
Warlocks can equip Necro Books, and cloth armor.
Goblin Stream Warrior
Goblin stream warrior is a tank class, he's very good for taking big damage, and he's very useful for dungeons, players can get stream warrior class by doing the class quest in goblin savage village.
Stream Warriors can equip swords and mail armor.
Goblin Rogue
Goblin rogue is a stealth dps class, he's very good for games in shadow doing a very good damage in small range and he's fastest killer, players can get rogue class in savage village by doing the class quest.
Goblin rogues can equip daggers and leather armor.
Goblin Bombardier
Goblin bombardier is very smart goblin class adept at explosive making and aoe skills, he's very good in range fight, players can get bombardier quest in savage village by doing the class quest.
Goblin bombardiers can equip bombs/explosives and leather armor.
Goblin Medic
Goblin Medic is very weak goblin, but he's best healer, players can get medic quest in voodoo village.
Goblin Medics can equip Wands and cloth armor

Items
-Item class: Poor, Normal, Good, Rare, Enchanted, Forged and Legendary
-There are many different items types:
-Weapons: Explosive, Wand, Staff, Sword, Shield, Dagger, Magical Orb...
-Armor Types: Mail, Leather, Cloth.
-Misc: Rings, Cloaks, Necklaces.
-Purchasable: Potions, Enchant Scrolls...

Systems
-Enterable Houses
-Profesion System
-Spells in floating text.
-Save/Load system.
-Custom dungeon system and dungeon drop.
-Damage in floating text.
-Ship and Zeppelin travels (with cinematics).
-Arena and duel fights.
-Spellbook storing system.
-Custom Equipment System!

I will add no more quest to the thread, else you will see ingame :)

Find a Lost Kodo:
One of goblin travelers died in jungle and left his goods on Kodo. Kodo lost in jungle with all that goods that should be in Anhil'ron village. So the task is to find lost Kodo and bring him back to Anhil'ron.

Gnoll Killer
In order to do this quest player needs to kill 7 gnolls in voodoo forest.

Crab Killer
In order to do this quest player needs to get 3 crab claws (item drop is 60% chance).

Spiders
Zefir found a dead guard in forest of Azerha, and he asks you to kill 11 spiders in Azerha forest, western of Capital city.

Strange Noise
When Goblins were constructing a new village, they couldn't concentrate because of some noise coming from Dark Cave, and they constructed buildings at wrong place. Investigate Dark Cave to finish the quest.

ny753p.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2irvjom.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11jc6fo.jpg

fu3nk2.jpg

2d14jrq.jpg

303b5gl.jpg

muy1lj.jpg

8xvszl.jpg

24vt8xu.jpg

9731px.jpg

sl7hhv.jpg

----------------------------------Villagers-------------------------------------
Zefir
-Description: COMING SOON!
2w6x99d.jpg

Fisherman
-Fisherman is one of the villagers in Capital(not named yet), he is profession merchant that sell Fish Lures, Fish Skill, and Fishing Rods.
vg39qv.jpg

Food Merchant
-She's selling Meat and Fruit.
2zz724w.jpg

Village Elder
-Greatest one in Capital, he is giver of many quests.
Screeny:

Ula'Tas
He's vicious ogre magician, mystic spell trainer.
Screeny:
2u95w9i.jpg

Kreg
He's vicious ogre warrior, fighter spell trainer.
Screeny:
n36zpz.jpg

Weapon and Armor Merchant
-2 Merchants that sell Armor and Weapons.
Screeny:

5ed4eb.jpg

2zi7nuf.jpg

-----------------------------------------------Zombies---------------------------------
30ata8m.jpg

This desert is a very hot zone for 9-13/14/15 level heroes, it contains oasis too.
--------------------------------------First (not full done yet) ----------------------------------------------------------------
2s0bswj.jpg

11tsr2b.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------
2i0xlit.jpg

al58uv.jpg

------------------------------------------------------
allvrb.jpg

11rueqx.jpg

25zthzr.jpg

el4jf4.jpg

Map Signature - dab
Wall Model - takakenji
Fat Tim/Ogre Model - inico
Goblin Smuggler/Zefir - The Weird Human
Goblin Market - Debode
Goblin Mage icon and model - Dan van Ohllus
Goblin Engineer and Goblin Alchemist - Vermillion Edict
Goblin :D - Urkdrengi
Goblin Adventurer - Debode
Goblin Hut, Palm - Sellenisko

Terrain: |||||||||| - 54%
Units: |||||||||| - 37%
Systems: |||||||||| - 65%
Items: |||||||||| 11%
Quests: |||||||||| 12%
Spells: |||||||||| 21%
-------------OVERALL = 32%
||||||||||
Beta Coming Soon!

Need:Spellmaker, Quest maker, Loading screen drawer, triggerer :) (I THINK I'm ALONE HERE :p)

If you like goblins comment and give me some ideas.
:goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 2
Don't cry dude :D I'm watching this topic everyday :)
Just a few questions:
- What do you mean by "Spellbook storing system" ?
- Is it playable for 1 person in multi mode ?
- Are there custom modes for items when worn?
- Ship and Zeppelin travels (with cinematics) >> can you make it fast? ( 5 secs is ok :D
- Can this game be beaten (may be by destroying all evil forces) :D ?

Level 2
-About items, I would suggest that they should be classified into:
+ Poor : Lowest quality items , dropped from monsters and bosses
Drop chance : 20%
+ Normal : A little better , dropped from monsters and bosses, sold in shops
Drop chance : 15%
+ Imbued : Quite good , dropped from monsters and bosses
Drop chance : 10%
+ Rare : Very good items, dropped from monsters and bosses
Drop chance : 5%
+ Enchanted : Extremely powerful items. dropped from bosses
Drop chance : 4%
+ Godly : Ultimate items , dropped from high level bosses
Drop chance : 3 %

So in total , whenever killing a monster, we have
+20% chance to get a Poor item
+15% chance to get a Normal item
+10% chance to get an Imbued item
+5% chance to get a Rare item
+ 50% to get nothing :alol:
By slaying a boss , we have extra 4% chance for an Enchanted item and 3% chance for a Godly item
There should be separated looting room for each party member to avoid arguing :aw: If someone gets a wrong item and can not use it , that's his own business :ain:

Level 15
Nice Idea for items but i will make it little different :).
There will be Poor/Common... items but drop will not be like that.
So there are 2 options:
-WoW looting bag like - every mob drops item/s like Tooth, Skin and many items to sell.
-Normal Drop without that kinda items, only weapons, armor and potion drop?

Level 2
Hmm , sounds good but the ground may be covered by items :ab: , so there should be a pet(Invu armor, dies when your hero dies) that automatically follows you to carry items and support/fight your heroes. Such thing is quite good in GOH RPG , you can take a look at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/guilds-hyppos-v1-12-a-94391/?prev=search=GOH&d=list&r=20. Of course, it's just a sample so make it your own way :ag: like creating a vendor to sell items without travelling back to towns, pet upgrade etc....Nevertheless, you should make a required level for items (and also pet). And also DO NOT allow passing items(except for potions and miscellanous) from heroes to each other( pet to other heroes is OK ) or trading gold as it is very easy to abuse ( I and my friends did that when playing RPG maps :ain: )

Level 15
Good, Waiting for the new version) :)))
:goblin_yeah: Hmmm, I will try to release a beta version, but it will be for about 2 weeks maybe earlier but not sure, still needs much work :)!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ForgottenWarlord i will probably use your model to make a priest one :) !
-------------------------EDIT-----------------------------
Added 1 New SCREENY !

Last edited:
Level 2
:goblin_yeah: Hmmm, I will try to release a beta version, but it will be for about 2 weeks maybe earlier but not sure, still needs much work :)!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ForgottenWarlord i will probably use your model to make a priest one :) !
-------------------------EDIT-----------------------------
Added 1 New SCREENY !

I think you should make it a Christmas gift for RPG Lovers :ahug:

Level 12
Took some time too see this, and I'm asking a question how long are you going to do that?
Because me and my friends played almost every good RPG map from hive and i really like the idea of this one. So when will you finish it? )) Also +rep for a nice map.
And one more thing, if i got this right, map will have 2 teams, right? Btw terrain looks really nice. Nice job.

Edit: i noticed on desert screenshot that the part of terrain where it collides with water isn't smooth enough, use tool Smooth to make it look better.

Level 15
Took some time too see this, and I'm asking a question how long are you going to do that?
Because me and my friends played almost every good RPG map from hive and i really like the idea of this one. So when will you finish it? )) Also +rep for a nice map.
And one more thing, if i got this right, map will have 2 teams, right? Btw terrain looks really nice. Nice job.

Edit: i noticed on desert screenshot that the part of terrain where it collides with water isn't smooth enough, use tool Smooth to make it look better.

Hmm, there will be 1 team, because i don't know how to make save/load system with 2 teams :) ... I think i will release BETA after 1st December (but not sure yet) :p !
Between, the great desert is not done yet, i posted like some beta of terrain :) !
---------------------------------
Fjury sure if you have time you can draw me some Loading Screeny :)) !

Hmm, there will be 1 team, because i don't know how to make save/load system with 2 teams :) ... I think i will release BETA after 1st December (but not sure yet) :p !
Between, the great desert is not done yet, i posted like some beta of terrain :) !
---------------------------------
Fjury sure if you have time you can draw me some Loading Screeny :)) !

you just make a veriable numerical for teams: team 1 = 1 team 2 = 2... And add a library to your system of team 1 and two

Level 2
Hi aki15.

Really like the idea you have for this map =)
I wish you good luck with your project!

PS. Hope there won't be to small amount of quests in this rpg ;)

Level 2
Thanks :p, there will be quests until the max level :) !:goblin_sleep:

Great to hear =)

Well as I said, good luck with this map =)

Can't wait for a beta version so I can start hosting your map in realm Europe =)

Edit: By the way, will your save/load system save the level or the experience? (some maps only saves level, which can be annoying if you almost lvl up and have to go)

Level 15
Great to hear =)

Well as I said, good luck with this map =)

Can't wait for a beta version so I can start hosting your map in realm Europe =)

Edit: By the way, will your save/load system save the level or the experience? (some maps only saves level, which can be annoying if you almost lvl up and have to go)

Hmm, not sure about that yet, i didn't imported any save/load system yet. :vw_sad:

Level 15
I wonder why there are palm trees in the dessert and no houses in the capital city?

Palm trees in the desert is like some oasis plants grown on the beach, that area is like island desert, so there is sea around the desert :).
Houses? There are huts, in my map goblins live in that yellow huts :p. :goblin_sleep:
EDIT:---------------
Added 3 Villager screenshots.
Added 2 Quests :) (I will add no more quests to thread).

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm, not sure about that yet, i didn't imported any save/load system yet. :vw_sad:

Okey, well, we'll have to see later then ;P

Hopefully this map will be as good or even better than my thoughts of it were when I read the info about it =)

Level 5
How to add new Goblin class : Hunter. Based on ranged attack. Skills good that hang periodic damage. Weapons bows \ guns. Clothing - Leather. Lives a little, mana is not very much but the damage is big. Almost all the magic of the passive.

Yes I know the idea of a stupid, etc. ..

Level 15
How to add new Goblin class : Hunter. Based on ranged attack. Skills good that hang periodic damage. Weapons bows \ guns. Clothing - Leather. Lives a little, mana is not very much but the damage is big. Almost all the magic of the passive.

Yes I know the idea of a stupid, etc. ..

Idea is not stupid, i would like to do that, BUT, there is no goblin archer model, and i don't like the one with guns :( ! :goblin_wtf:

Level 5
Hm... realy problem...Try to make the usual goblin without weapons. And as I do - when he took the weapon image appears in his hand. How about the boss (still the principal on this version), God of Fire. Type it is steep and firing all and sundry. But then climbs goblin with a bat and kicking him on the head)
PS I think you're a great MAP maker, pliz look at the screenshots of my map (the city) and tell me what to add (i'm stupid terrainer)

Level 2
THREAD and MAP put on hold
---waiting to find a team!!

NOOOOOO :goblin_cry:

Oh well, that's how it is, nothing to do about it ;)

What kind of members do you need for your team? (I can't help you since I suck at everything that has to do with mapmaking, but still interested to know what kind of help you need)

When do you think the map and thread will be moving on?

Would be really fun to get to try out the beta as a "Christmas gift" from you to us ppl who are really excited about your map :D

Level 15
NOOOOOO :goblin_cry:

Oh well, that's how it is, nothing to do about it ;)

What kind of members do you need for your team? (I can't help you since I suck at everything that has to do with mapmaking, but still interested to know what kind of help you need)

When do you think the map and thread will be moving on?

Would be really fun to get to try out the beta as a "Christmas gift" from you to us ppl who are really excited about your map :D

Don't cry dude, i still have 1 month to make this beta, i will work on it still but a little slower, i need Terrainer, because i don't have so much time, and Triggerer :p !
Anyway, i started another map, i will do both of them, this one will be Christmas gift for RPG lovers :p, and other one will be done later...

Level 2
Hehe, good to hear you will work on it atleast =)
Okey, yeah, you can't always do everything on your own, I understand that :)

NICE that we will get to play this map as a Christmas gift from you :D

What is the other map you are going to create?

Edit: Don't need to answer my question, checked what the other map is going to be ;)
The other map seems very nice aswell I must say, will test both your maps and will also report bugs etc to you if I would find any when you have released your maps =)

Level 15
Hehe, good to hear you will work on it atleast =)
Okey, yeah, you can't always do everything on your own, I understand that :)

NICE that we will get to play this map as a Christmas gift from you :D

What is the other map you are going to create?

Edit: Don't need to answer my question, checked what the other map is going to be ;)
The other map seems very nice aswell I must say, will test both your maps and will also report bugs etc to you if I would find any when you have released your maps =)

Thanks man :p ! :goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.