• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Feudal Empires! (Currently beta testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Feudal Empires is a map that allows for up to 12 players that I am currently beta testing. I have completed all the core systems, at this point I am simply planning on adding more factions and elements (More on those later).

At the start of the game each player will be granted a base constructor (Who has global blink so that players can quickly choose a starting base). The main resource players will be collecting is lumber, which is used to train non-magic units and structures. Spirit Wells (Gold Mines), are used to train Magic units. The game features renaming with the -rename <name> command, in addition to a zoom command (-zoom <number>) and allying and unallying (-ally/-unally <player number>).
At the start of the game players get the ability to customize their units slightly. Players will be prompted to choose one of three elements (Water, Fire and Shadow), and will be able to choose a faction (Currently the only faction is the Iron Legion, but more will be added in the next version). I am looking for more testers and more people who can help host, so if you test and have feedback let me know, and if you'd be willing to host and play a game or two with me just let me know! Thanks for any feedback that can be provided.

Screenshots:
Shadow Magic favors stealthy play. Shadowmancers are a permanently invisible unit with a ranged magic attack. Their invisibility makes them extremely effective at launching raids on enemy workers without getting caught

WC3_Scrn_Shot_081215_124944_03.jpg

Shadow Magic is extremely powerful, at its highest levels of mastery the wielder can even train Vampires and Shadow dragons. However, it is not invincible. In this next screenshot it shows a pitched battle between players wielding Shadow and Water magic:

WC3_Scrn_Shot_081615_215933_01.jpg

This picture is showing a large battle that took place between 2 players to decide the fate of the world!
WC3_Scrn_Shot_082915_182108_02.jpg

Attachments

• Feudal Empires Beta v.3e.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 12
Interesting project , when i first saw the name i though it would be a historical map . But anyway , good luck !

Level 3
Updated the map. I added two more factions, the Pirates' League and the Barbarian Hordes. The Pirates get more naval options, and have the ability to pillage enemy structures with their ships. The Barbarians get powerful offensive units, and can enslave enemy workers. The third faction is the Iron Legion, who gets stronger towers, and several of their unit-producing structures are able to attack and produce bonus food.

Status
Not open for further replies.