• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Farmations Everyone!

What should the ending for the game be?

• High Score! Farm til ya drop!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Achieve a certain number of animal goldsplosions!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFINITE FARMING! SOLVE WORLD HUNGER!

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Other. Please post your idea in the comments below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Farmcraft!

What Is Farmcraft?
Farmcraft is a farming game, in which you build up your farm to include a fishing hole, vegetable garden, and livestock pens.

How Do I Play?
Simple! The Animal pens are filled on their own, after building one of their respective farms. The vegetables will produce their corresponding crops on their own, and so really you only need to sell them! Pretty simple, huh?

Why should I play?
Farm animals explode into gold. Armies of angry fishermen. Crossdressing Orc lumberjacks. And a Panda.

Easier Playing Tips!
To sell vegetables and meat, pick up the item, then right-click, and left click on your marketplace, or a visitor.

Building more farms gives you more animals. But if you build too many, they will overpopulate! (Don't build more than 2 chicken farms.)

Customers can randomly appear every half minute, but there is a one in twenty chance of them coming. They may also replenish your market's specialty items.(coming soon.)

Update 4/18/13
The Infamous Fishmen make an appearance!
Cooking!
Carrots!
Killing Pigs for meat!

Update 4/19/13
WINEMAKING!
Added working Grapevines!
Added Shadowfruit, Lightberries, Unfilled and Filled Kegs, bottles and a Magic Stirring Stick!
Attacks by a scary Munster!
Added Chocolate Cake!

Super Secret Update!
Added Multiplayer basics.

Slightly Less Secret Update!
Possibility of Warlock Customers!
Regrowing Trees!
Still need people to help test Multiplayer!

Blatantly Obvious Update
You can no longer have over 6 chickens.

Upcoming
New Shoppers!
-Warlock: Buys Chaos Wine at an increased value
-Priest: Buys Blessed Wine at an increased value
-Mage: Buys Arcane Wine at an increased value
More cooking!

For Those Whom do not understand the Lumberjack's tooltip:

Delectable Roast Recipe: Combine Pork Roast, Cabbage, and Carrot in a Hero's Inventory.

Wine Recipe One: Two Grapes, and an Empty Keg.

Wine Recipe Two: Filled Keg, Bottle, Lightberry.

Wine Recipe Three: Filled Keg, Bottle, Shadowfruit.

Wine Recipe Four: Filled Keg, Bottle, Magic Stirring Stick. (Magic Stirring Stick is not destroyed in recipe.)

Chocolate Cake Recipe: Egg, Chocolate Frog Juice, Cake Sheet. (Cake Sheet is not destroyed in recipe.)

Attachments

• Farmations, everyone.w3x
    590 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 30
I have played the map and I like how you name the game, Farmcraft! Not very original but is really a good name for a good game. Well, first of all, this game is attracting but not that much. Why? Game has no realistic quality. I suggest you use more proper models for units like for a Gardener, you'll use a Pandaren...!?? Not really fitting and for a Lumber Jack.... an Orc!? I sugggest changing those models to a proper one and realistic one.

Another is the buildings, more structures so more fun! I suggest adding more.... its quite fun to play, ya know!

Lastly terrain, for me, you can still improve the terrain.... again, if you want to aim for realistic quality.... use different resources here in Hive and start changing those trees to realistic tree destrcutible here in hive and other parts in your terrain.

I have fun playing these but it needs realistic quality and also terrain improvements. Its also open for improvements.... amy more to improve. I would rate this for now: 3/5! Nice job and a +2 REP.

Level 4
Thank you for the suggestions, but the map is designed to be very silly with its characters. Thats why there's an Orc woodsman, a spear fisher, and a panda gardener. But thank you.

Level 4
Thanks for the support! Working on the customer issue, and no, it won't be coming out tomorrow, at least not fully. I'm still working on another tier three building/unit, and maybe attacks by everyone's favorite fishpeople, which your farmers will have to deal with.

Level 15
Farmcraft by BronzeOregon
Beta test on 17-04-13:

Spotted bugs:
1) The main looks weird, change "state - Ground Texture" to NONE.
2) Sell a Chicken uses "Stop" hotkey, and it not working automaticly, change it with channel that have "Date - Target Type = Instant - No Target".
3) How come a cabbage has the skill "Magic Sentry" ?
4) Carrot does not provide any item.
5) Since carrot can't be provided I can't check: where is "pot" and what is "meat", check if that function works.
6) Grape Vine does not provide any item.
7) I didn't see how Fishermaim's damage was splash, I think it won't effect enemy organics or won't set the splash area (small, medium) like it should, also, remove "instant attack" from his abilities, it might solve it.
8) Cabbage and Carrot share the same hotkey and the hotkey of Grape won't function.
9) 4 structures on the Mason built share the same hotkey: F.
10) Train Mason's hotkey won't function. (it is P instead)
11) Spearfisher has no hotkey.
12) The cheese won't allow selling even if the hero stand nearby and have gold and click on it. Error massage: "A valid patron must be nearby."

Uknown:
1) " a costumer arrived " I give him 2 cabbages, and he run off without paying?
2) Why Village Store has the ability Call to Arm that effect no unit?

Mispellings:
1) "Grunt is wearing a female clothes..." ",and his allright"
* Grunt is wearing an underwere and small armor, not woman clothes.
* after Cama (",") you can never continue with "and". The phrase is built wrong and you need to fix it.
2) How come holding a cabbage in the hero hand give him poison attack? Change it so that the item will not give the ability and not show it inside the text - tooltip.
3) "harmed with pingween missle luncher" he don't lunch pengwins, and replace "splash damage." with "He has a splash damage.".
4) "upgrade to castle" -> "Upgrade to village store"

~~ The Epic things I Liked ~~
* Spear fisher hunts real fish models and they runaway like fish should.
* Fishing using rifle bullets is fun.

Suggestions are optional and you shouldn't get angry because peoople suggesting you what to do.

Suggestions:
1) During the panda construction time he become hidden and invulnerable: if this is not intended, change his race to human to cause him to be seen channeling or undead to make him able to walk arround while building.
2) NEW SYSTEM FOR CABBAGE:
* Make cabbage stackable item like dota, there is a system if you search for it.
* Make cabbage a useable item that (activly used and perishable true with 1 stack, charged type) on clicking, and give the user gold without the need to go and sell it, this can also be used to give triggered ammount of gold instead of something you can't controll which is selling gold.
* Don't spawn the item on the other side of the map, spawn it near the cabbage so that the farmer will actually need to go and pick it, which is more realistic.
3) The game is taking a lot of time and is exusting, unless you make it multiplayed I don't see someone wasting 2 hours on a single player map that force you to built staff and sell it to the computer.
4) Make DEEP WATER area inside the lake, or overwize it will be weird that fishes are coming alive without parent (it make it seem like that came from underground torrent).
5) Peasant and Lumberjack with Unit Inventory upgrade, to increase the ammount of units that can gather the vagtibles, if you make unit inventory "stats: can use = true", the workers can click on cabbages to sell them without the player's hero.

Level 8
I really like this. This map keep me remembering farm games I played once! It was nice and great!
+rep, hope this map will finish soon! Can't wait for long to play :)

Level 4
Thank you best player, and huy60vn for your beta reviews/ comments. I am glad you tested and as soon as I either quit the current Race contest, or finish, I will fix many bugs on the map. And I may judge the upcoming mini mapping farming contest. Wouldn't that be fun?

Level 30
Ok, played again the game. And there is some little changes. You've changed the models of the Buildings. Well that is more realistic, good job but let me give a formal short review at least.

Farmcraft (No version stated)
[+] Good Points
-Terrain is fine
-Buildings have been changed into more fitting model that makes it more realistic
-Is fun to play and sometimes it is humorous in some point.... imagine, a Gardener... Panda and a Lumberjack, Orc!

[-] Bad Points
-Terrain is fine and have a large area waiting for improvements. Terrain is flat, please use Raise/Lower tool to make different variations in ground. Terrain is also somehow empty to me, try adding more doodads but make sure you will not spam it too much. And lastly, terrain doesnt really looks like that of a garden try importing House Fences and put them.

[] Suggestions:
-Terrain is open for lrge improvements so do improve it.
-Maybe add events like in random time, enemies will attack and you have to defend it. Events always make games fun and somehow random.

Well, thats it for the review. To be honest, map is great just some terrain improvements and also some unique and interesting feautures into it and this map is good to go! I would like to rate this 3/5 and a +2 REP to BronzeOregon!

BTW, if you want I can help you a little bit in the terrain? :)

Level 10
223635-albums6286-picture68265.jpg

:D :D :D

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hello BronzeOregon, I quite like your project, Farmcraft. It provides a decent game experience, but it boring at times. (I know this is intended.) I like how the player has multiple ways to gain gold (growing, fishing, and breeding animals). I like how the jobs are set up (fish spawning periodically, items spawning near the marketplace from the crops, and animals spawning from the farms.) However, this brings me to my first point. When fish spawn in the lake, they occasionally spawn in the deep part of the water and cannot move out due to their lack of ability to swim (through deep water). My Spearfisher (who was set on a Patrol Path) is walking helplessly around the pond because he sees the fish, yet cannot reach them. One suggestion for you is to make Cabbages and Carrots stackable, much like Grapes. The Carrots and Grapes can also be left clicked, but do nothing when clicked. Another (assumed) bug I've found is that the Pig Farm and the Chef's Hut can be built on any terrain, including other buildings. Another (assumed) bug the Gardener can be trained more than once.
Mu suggestions are that you make it (somewhat) easy to destroy buildings. I had some problems with getting rid of a chicken farm. I want some improved terrain, as the current terrain is very bland. I also suggest you give the lumberjack an attack. He has a huge axe, why can't he use it on player two? One last suggestion is to give the Fish less health but give them Evasion.
I like the map idea. However, there are a lot of bugs to be fixed.
I give you rep and a
3/5

Level 4
As they say, news of my death has been greatly exaggerated. Just been busy.

However, for a while I've been working on a secret project, which is VERY expansive. But it should be worth it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.