• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Fall of Quel'thalas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
XuI1HW1.png

Hello there, people of the page!

I'd like to welcome you to my thread dedicated to a project of mine called Fall of Quel'Thalas. Fall of Quel'Thalas is a strategy map that utilizes an old income system from Azeroth Wars Strategy (an ancient map made by Augur, which thanks to some of our talented users changed into what we know as AWLR nowadays) of main bases granting gold (it also used the control point system, but in the end I found it to be problematic) as well as a system of on-kill bounties and resource production system commonly met in maps such as tree tag. For those interested, the map is currently available on MakeMeHost, EpicWar and ENTGaming.
Download links:
MMH: Click to download!
EpicWar: Click to download!
As you may know, the map takes us back in time to the conflict between the High Elves and the Scourge right after Lordaeron's Fall. The map is split to be a fight of 6 vs 4 (Elves vs Scourge) + 2 AI players (one on each side). The AI is supposed to stimulate the offense / defense of Undead / Elven forces and grant the game some minimal tempo. Let's take a look at the both sides' lineup:

Quel'thalas
Elven Team consists of 6 players + 1 AI to stimulate the battlefield. Each of them controls a major area and has a different set of tasks to do.

Farstriders
The best group of elite archers, warriors and rangers, the Farstriders are the main defending group of Quel'Thalas. Led by a valorous and agile Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner, they will gladly sacrifice their lives to ensure their homeland's safety.
Farstriders is one of the main and most important Elven players together with Sunstrider Dynasty (more on this one later). His (the player's) main task is to be the first line of defense in Windrunner Village. Sylvanas guards the Moon Key, which is an important part of elven defensive system, so should she lose it, the Scourge will get a massive advantage. If she happens to fail her task, there's always the Farstriders' Enclave to fight from.

Silvermoon City
The majestic City of Silvermoon, led by the Sunstrider Dynasty and the Convocation of Silvermoon. It survived the trials of time so far, but will it succeed against the Eternal Undeath?
As a teal player, you'll have an access to nearly every unit in Elven arsenal that is available, as well as control the most important regions of Fairbreeze Village and Silvermoon itself. Teal is the last line of defense in case the other players fall and will receive every base that belonged to one of the fallen rangers. Teal's represented by Bel'Aranoth the Ex-ambassador of Dalaran and Voren'thal the Seer.

Forces of Silvermoon [AI]
This is one of the two AI players currently in the map. Its only task is to stimulate the battlefield and give the game a bit of a tempo.

Sunstrider Dynasty
The mighty bloodline of Sunstriders, heirs of Dath'remar Sunstrider, the very first High Elf. Carrying the wisdom of their people, they should lead them to victory.....or succumb to the darkness.
Orange player serves the purpose similar to what you could see on brown in Strife in the Plaguelands - he consists of Quel'Thalas' most elite units and the most important figures such as Anasterian Sunstrider or Lor'themar Theron. Orange's main task is to support the frontlines and take care of pesky undead with help of AoE spells and his units. Orange is the only player on the elven side with an ability to summon units for free.

Forest's Watch
Not all High Elves have forsaken the path of druidism and nature attunement - some of them still follow the old paths. This allowed them to summon spirits and animals to do their bidding as well as invoke the nature herself to bring wrath upon the Scourge. But can they hold against the Plague?
Green is a caster-oriented faction, focusing on supporting the other elves with a huge array of spells. Together with Blue (Farstriders), he has to defend the frontline and the passage from Tranquillien to Eversong Forest. If he fails to do that, he can still support his allies from the West Sanctum. Green's main hero is Vereesa Windrunner, the very first arcane ranger in Azeroth.

Ranger Corps
A smaller section of Farstriders, Ranger Corps is an old formation led by Alleria Windrunner in the past as her most elite group. With her disappearance after the Horde's downfall, Sylvanas was granted control over it and quickly got promoted to the role of Ranger-General. It will serve the crown or die for it.
Pink is a backbone of Elven forces with access to two remotely safe bases: Suncrown Village and Sunstrider Isle. His general objective should be supporting the frontline and providing the cover for retreating Elves. Pink is led by Halduron Brightwing and Priestess Aelthalyste.

Troll Hunters
A group of old, led by Alleria Windrunner during the Troll Wars. Dedicated to slaying the foul inhabitants of Zul'Aman and its neighbouring troll villages, Troll Hunters are one of the most hardened warriors in Quel'Thalas. With the sudden and unexplained reappearance of their old leader - Alleria - they're ready to give the Scourge a taste of their swords.
Dark Green is backbone faction of Elves, consisting of bulky warriors and agile archers. His main task is to provide a melee lineup for Elves in order to let Blue (Farstriders) and Green (Forest's Watch) unleash their ranged firepower on wretched undead. He controls the Goldenmist Village and the Sunsail Anchorage. Dark Green is commanded by a mysteriously returned Alleria Windrunner, who isn't going to let the Undead burn her homeland's forests.

The Plague of Undeath - The Scourge
Undead Team consists of 4 players + 1 AI to stimulate the battlefield. Each of them features a unique race and different set of tasks. All undead players can activate a special trigger: if they kill one of Windrunner Sisters, they'll transform her into a wretched Dark Ranger bound to Arthas' will. Dark Rangers can be released by unleashing their souls represented by an item.

The Scourge
A malevolent, vitriolic and doombringing nation of Undead led by none other than Arthas Menethil himself. Created by an orcish shaman and now the Lich King Ner'zhul, the Scourge is a main force of Burning Legion on Azeroth until they can be summoned from the Twisting Nether. But will it succeed?
Red Player controls the centerpiece of The Plague of Undeath, focusing on a huge array of undead creatures and casters - as Red, you get to control the Dark Prince Arthas himself as well as a unique companion in form of the Ghost of Kel'thuzad, who grants a few powerful bonuses whenever near Arthas. He cannot, however, leave him as he's bound to Frostmourne. Red also has an access to a bunch of ways to catch Elven Rangers and eliminate them, Frostmourne's Chilling Grasp being one of good examples.
If Scourge destroys all three Runestones, Red will be given Kel'thuzad in a lich form.

The Wretched
Not many people are aware of that, but the Scourge assault would have never started had they had no allies inside. Even amongst the noble elves there are dark souls, who plot against their kin. Dar'Khan Drathir - one of Convocation members and the finest architect and magician in Quel'Thalas - became blinded by his own arrogance. Seeking greater power, he wanted to subdue the might of Sunwell and become the Avatar of Sun. He nearly succeeded but in the last moments - as the Sunwell was about to collapse - the Red Dragon Korialstrasz severed the link between Drathir and the Well, cutting him off of its powers. Those, who found actions against him to be outrageous, rose their voices against the Convocation and shared his fate - the fate of magic hunger. And thus the first Wretched have been born.
Dar'khan dispelled and weakened most of Elven protections to allow the Undead to enter the High Home of Elves as well as offering his lands to create Deatholme.

Purple is the anti-caster and caster faction of Scourge. Featuring many mana creatures and anti-magic abilities, the Wretched can create a the background for Scourge to begin the assault. Purple is led by Dar'Khan Drathir and can get access to two other noteworthy Wretched characters throughout the game.

Nathrezim of Tichondrius
Even though the Scourge is successful in Azeroth, the Burning Legion doesn't trust it. Sent by their leaders - Archimonde and Kil'jaeden - to command and observe the Plague, the mighty Nathrezim bring chaos to the battle. Should they fail, however, the wrath of their masters will be great.
Gray serves a similar purpose to Orange - he has access to elite, lesser demonic units such as Felbeasts, Felguards and Succubi and a few others. Properly utilized demonic units together with Tichondrius will ensure the Scourge's victory.
Tichondrius - just like any other Nathrezim - is invisible and can scout around.

Nerubians of Anub'Rekhan
Before the Third War, an ancient conflict raged in Northrend. A majestic and mighty race of spider-like creatures called Nerubians lived there. As Ner'zhul's power grew, he turned his gaze upon the mighty kingdom of Azjol'Nerub. The citizens of Nerub fought with honour and majesty, however the final verdict of War of the Spider was against them. Having lost most of their people and their grand king Anub'Arak, the Nerubians retreated to deeps of Azjol'Nerub and continue to fight.
Those, who fell to swings of Ner'zhul's legions' blades, have been risen as atrocious undead servants. Anub'Rekhan, one of Anub'Arak's most loyal warriors, was one of them. Brought to Lordaeron to serve Arthas, he and his spiders established a nest in empty Tribulation Caves and are ready to devastate the Quel'Dorei. Can they achieve that?
Light Blue is the centerpiece of Scourge's backline. Featuring lots of ranged creatures as well as a few anti-range casters, they bring chaos upon the enemy lines.
Light Blue controls Anub'Rekhan and can be granted Anok'Suten upon destroying Suncrown Village.

Forces of Scourge
Just like Yellow, Brown exists to stimulate the battlefield and grant the game some tempo.

ZGDZA5Z.jpg

QxLmCS7.jpg

qJiQXR4.jpg

l98iwmM.jpg

rHShZa6.jpg

That's it! Feel free to comment and share your thoughts, be it here or anywhere else!

Last edited:
Level 7
Wait. This game wasn't like this when I use to play it.
It looks to hard to play. How can a noob like me play it now?
Wait again. Have I ever I played this. Why it looks like I have played.
Ofcourse I have played this.

Level 11
Wait. This game wasn't like this when I use to play it.
It looks to hard to play. How can a noob like me play it now?
Wait again. Have I ever I played this. Why it looks like I have played.
Ofcourse I have played this.
Is this Batman?!

Level 14
Your map seems completed. You should post the map into the actual map ressource section to get actual reviews and feedback! I would gladly test the myself map but I am pretty short on time at the moment.
If you organize a party at some point I might find time to join, but just tell me beforehand.

Level 7
Sorry for inactivity, but I was busy with life!

@Wareditor Thank you for your kind words, but I am missing all the proper credits.

That being said - I'd like to ask for help with completing the credits list! The models used in the map are a collection of over 7 years of downloading models, textures and other visuals and I no longer have the capacity to name every single person whose resources I made use of!

If anyone would be so kind to assist me with that, I'd be more than overwelcomed with joy!

I'm also looking for feedback regarding balance for the next version - what needs improving, tweaking or rebalancing? Post here and let me know!

Level 7
Quick bump - I'm still working on this, but progress is slow as I am managing this, LTA and Scar of Quel'thalas. Next version will feature cavarly units for Elves (thanks to Himperion) as well as the legendary shield that surrounded Silvermoon.

Also some more goodies for Undead, but no reveals yet.

Last edited:
Level 7
I hope I'm not doing some severe transgression by triple-posting like that but I'd like to share the upcoming changelog for 1.1a. There might be more changes for Undead, but I need to gather some feedback first.

Things that will be fixed or added in 1.1a:

Bug fixes and QoL changes:
- Fixed an issue, where Forsaken would be unable to purchase scroll of unholy restoration.
- Fixed abnormal recharge cooldowns on Thuzad Ring, Eye of the Old Shaman, Bow of Light, Horn of Silvermoon, Whisperwind's Gem of the Moon and The Mirror Orb. Takes 3 minutes to be available for purchase again (just like Eye of Necropolis) instead of 1 hour.
- Fixed Wretched heroes being gained at level 15 instead of Dar'khan's respective level.
- Fixed missing pathing blockers to the west and east of Silvermoon Gate.
- Might have missed something. Report it with screenshots if you come across it.​
- Fixed Anetheron and Detheroc not benefitting from Tichondrius' experience pool.
- Fixed a couple of leaks.
- Fixed Alleria's Poisoned Arrow having W as its assigned hotkey instead of Q.
- Fixed Belo'vir's hotkeys.
- Fixed Anok'Suten not benefitting from Anub'Rekhan's experience pool.
- Added -help command that acts the same way as the help button on buildings.
- Added some more tips during the initial cinematic, using the format that will be introduced to LTA as well.
- Added a new context menu that allows skipping the initial cinematic.
- After 10s the game will determine whether to skip the cinematic or play it out based on the amount of votes. Those, who didn't vote, will be ignored. This is a fairly experimental trigger that I made by myself so it's not guaranteed to work. Will require inhouse testing.​
- Added -tip command, which will display the tips from the cinematic over time.
- Added proper credits under F9.
- Swapped Sylvanas' Falling Star's and Glittering Sun Arrows' hotkeys around. (FS is Q, GSW is R)
- Changed a bunch of icons for respective abilities:
- Aelthalyste:
-
QA4v4oF.png
Righteous Avenger (W)
-
GTM8czc.png
Retribution Aura (E) [AURA]
-
jRUtZ9J.png
Divine Intervention (R)​
- Alleria:
-
PrUGhC7.png
Poisoned Arrow (Q)​
- Anasterian:
-
UUzUiXp.png
Holy Nova (Q)
-
bqIjQto.png
Back to the Ground! (W)​
- Anetheron:
-
sTVoY3g.png
Carrion Swarm (Q)
-
BNI02jy.png
Fel Nova (W)
-
GJJhfyq.png
Seal of Nathrezim (E)
-
vKxg36y.png
Rain of Chaos (T)​
- Bel'ovir:
-
XQkjaL6.png
Star Shards (R)​
- Dar'khan:
-
zz1WeRw.png
Master of Nullification (D)
-
V9HgvJW.png
Corruption (W)
-
QG8Bv2s.png
Nether Rays (T)​
- Detheroc:
-
e3DVluy.png
Mind Blast (W)
-
Gdgor2S.png
Asheron's Call (R)
-
6FS0D1i.png
Doom (T)​
- Felendren:
-
15vOtwE.png
Black Hole (T)​
- Kel'thu(freaking)zad:
-
PrfLKN1.png
Master Necromancer (D)
-
Gqdq05u.png
Frost Explosion (Q)
-
OJF9Jni.png
Frost Spikes (W)
-
VMNwz8X.png
Requiem (hero version) (R)
-
d6j9zy6.png
Death and Decay (T)​
- Sylvanas:
-
mQelJ9a.png
Rune Trap (W)
-
PIqITiM.png
Glittering Sun Arrows (R) [PASSIVE]
-
ErNhDIF.png
Lament of the Highborne (T)​
- Tichondrius:
-
AECg0iz.png
Hero Portrait
-
MCfMe9s.png
Hand of Nathrezim (R)​
- Vereesa:
-
Mh6UjgB.png
Magic Flux (Q)
-
fSroEnm.png
Magic Dust (E)​
- Voren'thal:
-
14s2j5U.png
Elder's Might (Q)
-
LaiiyDj.png
Clairvoyance (R)​
Balance changes:
- Added Ban'dinoriel to Silvermoon:
08X70xs.png
- Ban'dinoriel is a powerful arcane shield that protects Silvermoon. It deals 250 damage per second to all enemies within Silvermoon and is invulnerable until the Runestones, West Sanctum and Duskwither Spire are destroyed. Once that happens, it will lose its invulnerability and deal 25 damage per second instead. To destroy Ban'dinoriel, kill the generator located in the middle of Silvermoon.
- This is to remind and encourage Undead to get rid of all Quel'thalas defenses before proceeding to attack Silvermoon (apart from the god hero reward itself) as well as discourage early doomdrops on Sunstrider Isle and the Sunwell itself.
- Ban'dinoriel's Generator has 2500 health and 10 armour once it's no longer invulnerable.​
- Added Hawkstriders to Farstriders (Blue) and Ranger Corps (Pink)
- Hawkstriders are a quick cavarly unit meant to act as ambushers and flankers - they deal a lot of damage but have little health.
- Charge [Q]: Increases Hawkstrider's movement speed by 75%. Lasts 10 seconds. 20s cooldown.
xtale1E.png
- Virtuous Strike [Passive]: Each attack performed by a Hawkstrider leaves a mark of virtue upon a foe. The first hit will deal 2 extra damage. Each consequent one will deal twice as much compared to the previous one. If an enemy dies while marked, he'll explode, dealing 25 damage to enemies in a 150 radius around him.
- Dismount [Passive]: Upon losing his mount, a Hawkstrider will continue to fight as a simple Swordsman.​
- Glaive Master's health reduced to 725 from 875.
- Swordsmen had their armour reduced by 1.
- Starts with 1 base, down from 2.
- Armour gain per upgrade down to 1 from 2. (total: 4 armour down from 8)​
- Added a monetary reward to Scourge for every village they destroy.
- Grants 100 corpses (red and LB) and 500 gold (purple and gray) for every base.
- Bases included: Windrunner Spire, Windrunner Village, Tranquillien, Goldenmist Village, Suncrown Village, Sunsail Anchorage, Farstriders Enclave and Farstriders Retreat.​
- Destroying Farstriders Retreat will disable Hawkstriders for blue and pink.
- Added more audio feedback to the game.
- More balance changes as feedback appears soon.

Last edited:
Level 7
SUr5tX3.jpg

1.1b is out and available on MMH and Epicwar! Here's a list of changes included in this small update!
Download link:
MMH: Click to download!

EpicWar: Click to download!
Bug Fixes and QoL changes:
- Fixed Ban'dinoriel not becoming weakened upon the loss of its sources of power.
- Fixed Scourge Banshee Archers not benefitting from upgrades.
- Fixed Mana Wraiths being unable to cast abolish magic.
- Fixed Tichondrius' missing hero icon.

- Now 200% more badass.
- Fixed Fel Reavers having no hotkeys on their spells.
- Now uses QWER system.
- Now has unique names. New names are: Fel Stomp (warstomp), Disruption (Dispel Magic) and Incinerate (New).
- Fixed Devour Essence having no hotkey. It's now bound to Q.
- Mana Beam's Hotkey is now W.
- Changed Noth's model to a more fitting one.
- All buildings, units (training) and technologies now use the QWER system.

- Units use QWER.
- Buildings and technologies use QWER (1st row), ASDF (2nd row) and ZXCV (3rd row).
- Upgrades use ZXCV.
- This does not include hero revival buttons as I haven't decided how to redistribute their hotkeys yet.

Balance Changes:
- Added Hungering Arrows upgrade to Wretched Manaspitters.

- Increases their attack range.
- Changed Fel Reavers slightly.
- Removed Cripple.

- Rain of Fire replaced with Incinerate.

- Incinerate deals 125 damage to a single target. 150 mana cost, 15 seconds cooldown.

Last edited:
Level 7
A hotfix has been deployed, which includes these fixes:
- Fixed Arthas' Lost Souls spell stating the incorrect amount of souls being summoned.
- Fixed most of the audio sounds not playing out.
- Includes two of the rarest Sylvanas lines in the game.​
- Fixed Ban'dinoriel not following the rules.
- Will correctly become weakened now.​
- Fixed the bridges in Zul'Aman being unpassable.
- Fixed the positioning of Shipyards and towers in the build menu.

The links in the post above have been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.