• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Fall of Lord Zinimar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Fall of Lord Zinimar

Description/ Game play
Before the fall of Lordaeron, the king sent an expedition to the Outland due to a large number of disturbances. The soldiers who were sent gained the trust of the natives (Cursed Draenei) and lived among them for three months on the huge floating island called Zorman. At the eve of April, the natives realized what the humans were planning and attacked them. Luckily, three heroes got to the Outland just in time. The three of them helped finish off the draenei, but they didn't know why they were sent by the king to the Outland. Jimmy, the leader if the human expedition, gave them the info. To destroy one of the most powerful demon lords, Zinimar, the king of the floating islands.

Play as three heroes, the paladin, mage, and druid and work together to kill the demon lord Zinimar. Although the abilities aren't very original, the game play is quite difficult and the items are all very useful. To win you must help each other, move slowly, use items to help along the way, and contribute anyway you can. To beat the map you have to open all the gates and not lose all of your fourteen lives. Remember once gone, you're out of the game, and to beat the game you need two players.

With the extra time I had, I have made it single player compatible.

241022-albums8225-picture99621.png

241022-albums8225-picture99620.png

241022-albums8225-picture99619.png

241022-albums8225-picture99662.png

241022-albums8225-picture99663.png

241022-albums8225-picture99661.png

241022-albums8225-picture99664.png

Attachments

• Fall of Zinimar.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 17
I Played it and I Must say it needs a lot of Improvements...
NOTE: My criticism doesn't mean I Don't like this map, But I want to make it better.

First Things I notices was that there was a VERY Fast beginning. I didn't know the history. I mean the Story shouldn't be Relied on the Site's Description.

OK I Fought the Draenei's and I defeated them REAL fast. Then we talked and then Guess what. A VERY poor quest message. No colors? C'mon. Second, the Quest log description was bad. No quest requirements? Really?

The Gates description was Poorer. Add some spice! Or maybe more description.
BUG: Most of the gates say:"Someone needs to be killed for this gate to open" even AFTER I opened them! (E.G. the gate at Bottom-left)

The Gameplay was rather poor again. No custom spells? Only 3 Spells? Really? Awwww...
The creeps were easy to kill again. I Soloed ALL With my Paladin.

The items system worked as much as I Saw, but putting My equipments in certain Slot was a pain...

TYPO ERROR: At Info. Quest (Really?) It's "Wear", not "Weay".

MINOR PROBLEM: Please change the Gold description from "Gold is mined from Gold mines." to: "Gold is gained from Killing creeps.".

The terrain was really poor, 1/5 :(
Please improve it, it lacks doodads.

The Majority of the Gameplay was killing creeps. VERY VERY BAD!!!!!!!!!

ITEM PROBLEM:
War axe: Cost: 585 gold, damage bonus: 70
Demon Sword : 900 gold, Damage bonus: 75
Really?

You used the default Blizzard creeps, items, and Abilities. Custom thingies were Very Low :(
Add some spice!

Sun key and Moon Key, in floating islands huh? Weird!

GATE BUG: After I use the Moon key on the appropriate Gate, it opens the gate but doesn't take the Key from me. Really?

QUEST BUG: After I kill those Nether dragons, I receive ANOTHER quest to kill Zinimiar. Heh.

After I kill Zinimiar, Nothing happens. W00T?

FUNNIEST BUG EVER: The name of the map, and the Thread name is "The fall of Zinimar". But the Name of the Boss is "Zinimiar". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.