• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Fall of Draenor Part I - Burning Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cn7VjnR.jpg

- Update#1 [27/7/2014]: Click me!
- Update#2 [16/8/2014]: Click me!
- Update#3 [03/2/2015]: Click me!
- Update#4 [07/2/2015]: Click me!
- Update#4 [12/2/2015]: Click me!

Description

Description

Fall of Draenor - Burning Shadow is the first campaign of what will be 4 different campaigns with an attempt of reviving the old project depicting the destruction of Draenor, the Orcish Homeworld.

- Campaign#1: Burning Shadow [Orc Campaign]
- Campaign#2: Terror of The Skies [Arakkoa Campaign]
- Campaign#3: Light of The Naaru [Draenei Campaign]
- Campaign#4: Infinite Darkness [Ner'zhul Campaign]

Storyline

"Driven by Kil'Jaeden's deception, Ner'zhul - Warchief of the Orcs leads his people to war with the neighbouring Draenei, until the time comes where he starts questioning his actions and the motivations that has led him up to this war, meanwhile Gul'dan - Ner'zhul's apprentice, plans to take over his master's position and drive the whole Orcish race into corruption.

Features

- New Races [Arakkoa, Draenei] + Customized Orcish Race
- Achievement Systems
- New Resources [Khorium] + [Oil] <--Debatable
- Various Difficulties
- Fully Voice Acted Campaign
- Score System [Get Resources in a Mission based on how good you performed in the last one]

Missions

- Chapter One: Leafshadow [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Spearthrower
- Chapter Two: Siege of Telmor [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Catapult
- Chapter Three: Ner'zhul's Betrayal [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Necrolyte
- Interlude One: The New Warchief
- Chapter Four: Defense of Zeth'gor [UNT UNLOCKED]: Outrider
- Chapter Five: The Ogres of Nagrand [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Ogre
- Chapter Six: The Spires of Arak [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Sky Barge
- Chapter Seven: Battle for Shattrath [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Juggernaught, Frigate
- Interlude Two: Gul'dan's Plot
- Chapter Eight: The Siege of Karabor [UNIT UNLOCKED]: Daemon
- Finale: The Dark Portal

Heroes (Playable):
- Durotan {Warlord} Chapters: One, Two, Three.
- Orgrim Doomhammer {Overlord} Chapters: Three.
- Blackhand {Warlord} Chapters: Three.
- Kilrogg Deadeye {Blademaster} Chapters: Four.
- Grom Hellscream {Blademaster} Chapters: Three, Five.
- Kargath Bladefist {Warlord} Chapters: Six.
- Cho'Gall {Ogre Magi} Chapters: Seven, Eight.
- Teron'gor {Warlock} Chapters: Seven, Eight.
- Gul'Dan {Warlock} Chapters: Seven, Eight.

Heroes (Enemies):
- Restalaan {Vindicator} Chapters: Two.
- Ner'Zhul {Far Seer} Chapters: Three.
- Prophet Velen {Elder Sage} Chapters: Eight.

Progress

- Triggers: 80%
- Spells: 30%
- Upgrades: 70%
- New Resource Gathering Systems: 100%
- Achievements: 100%
- Terrain: 90%
- Game Interface: 30%

Screenshots

Main Screen (Early version)
n4HeOAF.jpg

Mission#1 (Early version)
gGqPY5T.jpg

Loading Screen + Plot Map for first Missions (Early version)
52fY7to.jpg

Mission#1 (Early version)
CwKTxPo.png

Mission#1 (BETA version)
bGkDQhC.jpg

KL4yaDL.jpg

Mission#1 (Draenei Race Early Version)
h0nazbl.jpg

Mission#1 (Draenei Race BETA Version)
i4bPm3e.jpg

WHAT IS NEEDED?
1) Icon Maker(s)
- You're required to make Hero Score Screen Icons for the following Icons [Any Number is appretiated / Give me a PM so I can send you the files you require]: (Completed)
pUhFHya.png

2) Idea Suggester(s)

- You're required to give any ideas about
1) Spells (Names, Abilities)
2) Hero-type renames
3) Extra Heroes
4) Extra Features or Systems
5) Race or Tech-Upgrade Renames or Improvements
6) Race/Unit Suggestions
7) Plot Suggestions

3) Interface Maker(s)
- You're required to either:
1) Make a recolor of the Night Elf's UI with the green leaves being randomly colored, (Aka: some Blue, some Red)

2) Make a Draenei UI

3) Make a Race Scorescreen Icon for the following Icons: (Completed)
IconSmall_Draenei_Male.gif
IconSmall_Arakkoa.gif

so that it displays like this:
ka8qMSD.png

4) Need a photoshop expert for Loading Screen Maps

3) Modeler(s)
- You're required to make a model of the Orc: Wyvern Rider riding a blue Nether Drake unit instead of a Wyvern.

Rewards:
1) Your name on the Campaigns' Author/Creator list in the Credits displayed after the completion of Mission/Chapter # 8

2) +Rep

Current Map Creation Team:

- Authors: Zenonoth, Go'el
- Icon Maker(s): Go'el
- Ideas: Hardtime, knight26, MogulKhan, kakuzu
- Modelers & Reskinners: Edge45

Last edited:
Level 11
Some ideas, you could make each hero with their own skills:

- Durotan: {Rogue}
- Orgrim Doomhammer: {Champion of the Horde}
- Blackhand: {The Destroyer}
- Kilrogg Deadeye: {Warlord}
- Grom Hellscream: {Overlord}
- Kargath Bladefist: {Horde's Warrior} or {Horde's Brute}
- Cho'Gall: {First of the Magi} or {Twilight's Master}
- Teron'gor: {Warlock}
- Gul'Dan: {Gran Warlock}
- Restalaan: {Vindicator} or {Draenei Warrior}
- Ner'Zhul: {Great Shaman} or {Warchief of the Horde} (based in your thread)
- Velen: {The Prophet}

Last edited:
Level 8
Some ideas, you could make each hero with thier own skills:

- Durotan: {Rogue}
- Orgrim Doomhammer: {Champion of the Horde}
- Blackhand: {The Destroyer}
- Kilrogg Deadeye: {Warlord}
- Grom Hellscream: {Overlord}
- Kargath Bladefist: {Horde's Warrior} or {Horde's Brute}
- Cho'Gall: {First of the Magi} or {Twilight's Master}
- Teron'gor: {Warlock}
- Gul'Dan: {Gran Warlock}
- Restalaan: {Vindicator} or {Draenei Warrior}
- Ner'Zhul: {Great Shaman} or {Warchief of the Horde} (based in your thread)
- Velen: {The Prophet}
I think that should work for him.

Level 23
Oh, this idea of campaigns looks really coolest, i can help you with ideas too! The suggestion of Go'el is good; i would just changed the title of Durotar for "Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan" or just "Chieftain"; it would fits better him. Also, as youness said, you could add some screenshot of gameplay, or just of the terrain!

Good luck :)

Level 11
Let's see...

--You could start with a cinematic, telling a little bit about the Orcs, Draeneis and Arakkoa cultures, their skills, their story, their "mssoin", and then make the Burning Legion manifestation, through Gul'dan.

- Chapter One: Leafshadow - Start with a cinematic, Durotan beign attacked by Ogres, however, the draeneis apper and help him (since the war hasn't begun yet), they take Durotan to Telmor, since he was hurt by the batlle. __The player will control a little Draenei squad and Durotan, the mission is reach Telmor, allong the way, many Ogres will try to kill you, but Durotan must not die__ End the map with a cinematic of Durotan leaving Telmor, after he was taken care of.

--You could make a cnematic here, showing the war erupting, and the formation of The Horde, with Ner'zhul as their leader, but the reason for it will remain a secret, for now.

- Chapter Two: Siege of Telmor - make a cinematic where Durotan reveals to the other chieftains the location of Telmor, since it was a hidden city, and the Horde send their siege machines to the city, under the leadership of Durotan. Restalaan will try to defend his beloved city with his own life, but won't be enough. __The player control Durotan and an orc base, the mission is to kill Restalaan and destroy all the bases within Telmor__ End the map with a cinematic, showing the city in ruins.

- Chapter Three: Ner'zhul's Betrayal - After Telmor's destroction, the Orcs celebrates, however, Ner'zhul had another plans for the city, he was looking for an artefact, hidden in the city, wich allow him to summon the Burning Legion in Draenor. __The player controls Orgrim and Durotan. Blackhand and Grom will be allied, but with unit shared control, the mission is to kill all the orcish traitors and Ner'zhul before the time runs out. (use the same map of Chapter 2, but "destroyed")__ End the map with Ner'zhul death, and the orcs destroyng the artefact.

- Interlude One: The New Warchief - Orgrim is named the new Warchief of the Horde., and he promisses to lead his people to victory.

that's it for now, later I'll help you with something else :)

Level 12
I suggest making an Ogre Campaign because they're REALLY involved with Draenor. They're more involved than the Arakkoa in fact. The story line should go how they lost control of their Orcish slaves because of their low intelligence up until how they got involved in the Orcish-Draenei War.

Edit:
I've got lots of Ogre modesl if you need them.
Just check out my album.

Level 11
- Chapter Three: Ner'zhul's Betrayal - After Telmor's destroction, the Orcs celebrates, however, Ner'zhul had another plans for the city, he was looking for an artefact, hidden in the city, wich allow him to summon the Burning Legion in Draenor. __The player controls Orgrim and Durotan. Blackhand and Grom will be allied, but with unit shared control, the mission is to kill all the orcish traitors and Ner'zhul before the time runs out. (use the same map of Chapter 2, but "destroyed")__ End the map with Ner'zhul death, and the orcs destroyng the artefact.
If what you say is based in a custom lore then I don't have a problem, if not then, NO, PLEASE!, what happened is that he did betray the Horde because he knew that Kil'Jaeden was the one that is in his dreams and wanted to destroy Draenor so Gul'dan came in and offered the demon juice (blood xD), there was no artifacts in Telmor that can summon the Legion nor that Ner'zhul wanted the Legion in.

Level 12
That IS a custom lore. When did Ner'zhul became the Warchief??

After the Second War when the Orcs were driven back into Draenor. When Ner'zhul found out about what was happening on the other side, he was convinced by Teron Gorefiend to rally the remaining Orcish Clans and seize power for the Horde but not on Azeroth. Gorefiend's intent was to create more "Dark Portals" leading to other worlds other than Azeroth and conquer that instead since they know that if they can't take out the humans, dwarves, and the elves themselves.

Actually, I'm afraid it is strict to Blizzard's lore, we're trying to make what would seem to be a new a WC3 campaign, that's reasonable and playable but not swaying away from Blizzard's lore.

Mission#1, Leafshadow: Durotan and Orgrim search for the Ata'mal Crystal, "Leafshadow" which is hiding the Draenei city of Telmor, upon finding it they disable it allowing the Horde to assault the city.

Mission#2, Siege of Telmor: Durotan and Orgrim establish a base and assault the defenseless city of Telmor, killing Restalaan in the process.

Mission#3, Ner'zhul's Betrayal: Ner'zhul goes to Oshu'gun in Nagrand, where he contacts the spirits who explain to him that he's been duped by Kil'Jaeden into going at war with the Draenei and thus making him halt all operations against the Draenei, Kil'Jaeden turns to Gul'dan, Ner'zhul's apprentice, promising him power and taking over Ner'zhul's position into which he accepts.

-causing him to rally Durotan, Orgrim Doomhammer and some Warlords by convincing them that Ner'zhul has betrayed their people's cause and begins to assault Ner'zhul's fortress in Nagrand to dethrone him as Warchief.

Interlude#1, The New Warchief: After Ner'zhul being dethroned, the clans convene on who'd be the new Warchief of which Gul'dan manipulates the election so that it'd become his puppet Blackhand.

Mission#4, Defense of Zeth'gor: Kilrogg Deadeye's fortress of Zeth'gor becomes under attack by Draenei troops, player is tasked with defending the base (Zeth'gor), for a duration of time.

Mission#5, The Ogres of Nagrand: Blackhand orders the Ogres recruited to serve under the horde, in order to do so; he plans on breaking their bonds with their Gronn masters by simply defeating them, he dispatches Grom Hellscream, & The Bonechewers clan to subdue them.

Mission#6, The Spires of Arak: Blackhand orders Kargath Bladefist and the Dragonmaw Clan to establish a foothold for the Horde in the Spires of Arak, triggering war with the Arakkoa that inhabit it.

Mission#7, Battle for Shattrath: Gul'dan, Teron'gor, Cho'gall assault the city of Shattrath destroying an important Draenei City.

Interlude#2, Gul'dan's Plot: Gul'dan explains to Teron'gor and Cho'gall how he plans to destroy the most important location to the Draenei, the temple of Karabor (Also known as The Black Temple/Black Citadel) and use it as a base for his Shadow Council's operations.

Mission#8, The Siege of Karabor: Gul'dan, Teron'gor, Cho'gall assault Karabor, defeating Prophet Velen and finally securing the ancient shrine.

Finale, The Dark Portal: Gul'dan, having almost all Draenor under his command, seeks to turn his eyes on Azeroth and begins the construction of the Dark Portal.

Ner'zhul has been the first Warchief/Leader of the Orcs, deceived by Kil'Jaeden into attacking the Draenei: http://wowpedia.org/Ner'zhul

~* UPDATE [27/7/2014] *~

1) Campaign's Ingame Loading Screen/Map of Talador region: (Incomplete)
52fY7to.jpg

2) Screenshots Update, Game Interface Update

3) New Recruitment
Idea Suggester(s)
- Need suggestions for hostile creeps' names, types, abilities.
- Need suggestions for Merchant names (Mercenary Camp, Marketplace, Goblin Merchant, Goblin Laboratory..etc..)
- Need suggestions for Hero's abilities
- Need suggestions for Upgrade's names

Game Interface Maker(s)
- We need you to display your work of a good preview image, that we may use it for the campaign (All entries will be noted pending approval)

Icon Maker(s)
- You're required to make custom command buttons for the Orc race.

By command buttons, you mean those attack, stop, move, hold pos. and patrol buttons?

Yes, of course.

Someone from WCunderground was kind enough to provide us with what-would-be a Draenei House (Orc Burrow, Ziggurat, Moonwell, Farm) model of which we require an Icon to be made, anyone is welcome to volunteer!
heiUNrP.jpg

I wanna join xD I'm a lore addict when it comes to the pre-1st War era :) I've read all about Draenor and junk. Plus I've got some ideas for abilities and I can make unit/building icons :)

Great, we could use ideas for abilities, building names, creep names and types.

Also the following is Durotan's skillset:
yoNbMyX.png

1- Battle Shout: Roars, increasing the attack damage output of the caster and nearby friendly units.

2- Battle Standard: Places the Horde's banner, increasing the morale of the troops and healing them for a percentage of their hit points over 30 seconds.

3- Parry: Gives a chance to parry an enemies' attack and increase the attack speed if done successfully.

4- Blood Rage: Greatly increases size, attack, movement speed.

Give me your ideas with this hero + other heroes.. (Tell me if you're interested to be in the project @Hardtime

Last edited:
~* UPDATE [16/8/2014] *~

1) Playable Zone's names released

1-Talador
2-Shadowmoon Valley
3-Tanaan Jungle
4-Nagrand
5-Spires of Arak

2) Creep List (Incomplete)

1) Saberon (Tanaan Jungle, Talador)
2) Dune Scorpions (Talador)
3) Ogres/Breakers (Talador, Nagrand)
4) Primals (Talador, Nagrand, Tanaan Jungle)
5) Elekks (Nagrand, Shadowmoon Valley)

3) Screenshots Update, Game Interface Update

Level 12
I'll PM you.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that I'm not supposed to distribute them without a purpose.
I can only send them if you're using it in a project or something.

EDIT:
Here are some of the models

199714-albums7486-picture87867.png

199714-albums7486-picture87872.png

199714-albums7486-picture87870.png

199714-albums7486-picture87876.png

199714-albums7486-picture87873.png

199714-albums7486-picture87875.png

199714-albums7486-picture87877.png

199714-albums7486-picture87871.png

199714-albums7486-picture87874.png

199714-albums7486-picture87866.png

199714-albums7486-picture87868.png

199714-albums7486-picture87869.png

Last edited:
Level 12
Well with all the Warlords of Draenor and the sudden change of lore going on, I really want this to be released to educate the people of what REALLY happened before ol' egghead Garrosh intervened with the timeways and altered everything.

Level 15
Well with all the Warlords of Draenor and the sudden change of lore going on, I really want this to be released to educate the people of what REALLY happened before ol' egghead Garrosh intervened with the timeways and altered everything.

I can't view those models at all... can you fix that? Please :ogre_hurrhurr:

~ * YOUR OPINION * ~

1 - Which one of these 3 models would you want to be Durotan's model + mention why (if possible).

sDyCqtO.jpg

2 - Which one of these 2 skillsets do you want to be Durotan's abilities/skillset + mention why (if possible).

1st one
yoNbMyX.png

1- Battle Shout: Roars, increasing the attack damage output of the caster and nearby friendly units.
2- Battle Standard: Places the Horde's banner, increasing the morale of the troops and healing them for a percentage of their hit points over 30 seconds.
3- Parry: Gives a chance to parry an enemies' attack and increase the attack speed if done successfully.
4- Blood Rage: Greatly increases size, attack, movement speed.
2nd one
MVWWcfr.png

1- Frost Shock: Blasts the target with a wave of frost, inflicting damage + slowing movement speed.
2- Summon Guard Dog: Summons a Guard dog to fight for Durotan.
3- Frostbrand Weapon: Durotan endows his weapons; increasing his damage dealt + causing him to slow enemies' movement speed.
4- Astral Recall: Durotan instantly teleports to a Town Hall.
If you've a suggestion of an improvement that is not present in this post, you're most welcome to mention it!

Level 15
I prefer first model ! Why? Because first model is epic and it fits Durotan's lore, second one is so ugly, and the third one is wow ripoff?
And for spells I prefer second. Why? Because first one is more fitting for some Warlord, like Garrosh, and for me Durotan is more shaman like character !

Level 12
I was looking at this for a while and it looks great . Also i have some ideas for heroes ability: Orgrim Doomhammer : hellhammer (a single attack who deal 100/150/250 damage ), frenzy (increese attack and movement speed for a short time ) , bash and ultimate : Ogrim wrath ( Ogrim unless his wrath , he receive 500 hp and some damage bonus points ) ; Cho‘gall : shockwave , rain of fire , aura of terror (decreese enemy units attack and movements speed ) and ultimate : return from the graveyard (somekind of reincarnation) ; Kilrogg : axe of horror (a powerfull single attack ) , curse of the horde (an ability who deal damage over time ) , comandant aura and ultimate : sky fury ( lightnings from the sky fall to the ground and destroy enemy units ) ; Gul dan : carrion swarm , life drain , brilliance aura and ultimate : hunger of Sargeras ( this ability cannot be use on heroes or at creeps more than level 6, the warlock use his demonic power to transport an enemy in the demons world to be devorated by Sargeras ) ; Teron gor : incineration , ressurection (ressurect a warrior for 25/35/45 seconds ) darkness armore (a passive ability who increse warlock armore ) and ultimate : summon an infernal ; Blackhand : shadow strike , battle song (increese movement speed and give attack points bonus to nearby friend units ) , cleave and ultimate : call of the warchief (summon a giant grunt ). Chose what you want

I was looking at this for a while and it looks great . Also i have some ideas for heroes ability: Orgrim Doomhammer : hellhammer (a single attack who deal 100/150/250 damage ), frenzy (increese attack and movement speed for a short time ) , bash and ultimate : Ogrim wrath ( Ogrim unless his wrath , he receive 500 hp and some damage bonus points ) ; Cho‘gall : shockwave , rain of fire , aura of terror (decreese enemy units attack and movements speed ) and ultimate : return from the graveyard (somekind of reincarnation) ; Kilrogg : axe of horror (a powerfull single attack ) , curse of the horde (an ability who deal damage over time ) , comandant aura and ultimate : sky fury ( lightnings from the sky fall to the ground and destroy enemy units ) ; Gul dan : carrion swarm , life drain , brilliance aura and ultimate : hunger of Sargeras ( this ability cannot be use on heroes or at creeps more than level 6, the warlock use his demonic power to transport an enemy in the demons world to be devorated by Sargeras ) ; Teron gor : incineration , ressurection (ressurect a warrior for 25/35/45 seconds ) darkness armore (a passive ability who increse warlock armore ) and ultimate : summon an infernal ; Blackhand : shadow strike , battle song (increese movement speed and give attack points bonus to nearby friend units ) , cleave and ultimate : call of the warchief (summon a giant grunt ). Chose what you want

Outstanding suggestions kakuzu, I'm considering most of them atm.

Level 16
I agree with kokuzu on all but Gul'dan. He is a warlock, and by far the most badass orc warlock, therefore I will suggest my own spells, I hope you like them :)

Spell 1: Curse [Autocast/Active]
With each attack, Guldan deals +2 damage and curses the target, causing their attacks to miss 15% / 30% / 45% of the time.

Spell 2: Hell spawns
Summon 2 / 4 / 6 fel hounds with 10-13 chaos attack-fast, 3 normal armor, 340 hitpoints.

Spell 3: Dark conversion
Sacrifice a friendly unit for % health and % mana gain.

I couldn't decide on one ultimate, so here's two alternatives.
Spell 4-ultimate: Corrupted blood
Guldan gains +15 damage and chaos damage, for 30 seconds, bu takes double damage at the same time. (useful to raid bases fast)

Spell 4-ultimate: Summon Voidlord
Summons a legion Voidlord with 27-34 chaos attack, 800 hp, spell immunity, and taunt.

Level 12
Also i have some ideas for Kargath : burning hate (increese attack damage and attack speed) , agony and death (a enemy unit connot attack and cast spell for 15/25/35 seconds ) aura of war (increese attack damage by 15/25/30 of nearby friend units ) and ultimate : darkness predator (for 60 seconds the time become night instant and all enemy are victimes of Kargath ) .

Last edited:
Level 11
Nice job there, Knight, but Warlocks are not self buffing guys they are debuffers and dps so I think the greatest ulti for him is the Voidlord one, maybe in my opinion, you can make ulti Consume: a single target ability just like Doom but instead it summons the Voidlord.

Level 16
Nice job there, Knight, but Warlocks are not self buffing guys they are debuffers and dps so I think the greatest ulti for him is the Voidlord one, maybe in my opinion, you can make ulti Consume: a single target ability just like Doom but instead it summons the Voidlord.

Well I think taking double damage at the same time, counts as a very serious debuff right there :p. Hmm I also like your idea better, with the Voidlord.

Level 12
SLR guys, the picture's link must be off. Wait leme fix the pictures.

EDIT:

199714-albums7587-picture88580.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88581.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88578.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88579.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88574.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88575.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88576.jpg

199714-albums7587-picture88577.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88592.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88587.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88588.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88589.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88590.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88591.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88583.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88585.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88586.jpg

199714-albums7588-picture88584.jpg

Those aren't all the Ogre models yet. I'll also post the Draenei and the Orcs tomorrow.

My opinion about the Durotan models, well I think you should choose the one which best suits the style of models depicted in Warcraft 3 because if you choose a model that's too HQ or too LQ, then you're lost man. The first model looks too HQ to fit that War3 feeling, the 2nd is LQ but I can't say it's ugly since I can't do better myself, and the last one is just pure shame. A rip shouldn't even be considered. I have something else in mind Zenonoth... Send me a PM if you're intsrested.

Last edited:
Level 15
Arrakoas are great ( I don't like sabrecat as part of Arrakoas) , but I don't like some of those Ogres ! First, Beastmaster is half orc-half ogre, Champion is too simple, maybe use that Norinard's model? Same goes for mage, there is one better on this site !
And for the first model for being HD, that is not true. If you are lazy to try it by yourself, just download Sunken Ruins map and pick Spiritual Lord or something like that !
And btw, Garrosh is not a blademaster, he is actually warlord, only Burning Blade clan had blademasters in the old horde !

Last edited:
Level 12
@MogulKahn, alright let's get down to business

And for the first model for being HD, that is not true. If you are lazy to try it by yourself, just download Sunken Ruins map and pick Spiritual Lord or something like that !

That's the problem with people now a days. They don't appreciate the classic WC3 model feel anymore. Imagine that model standing next to the Peon or the Far Seer model. It would look totally out of place though if you plan to make a project with models that are all HQ, that would be fine. Also, Zenonoth stated that this project would be strictly according to Blizzard's lore. I bet you only know bullshit lore since you're picking that model over a younger looking one. While the original Orcish Horde was being formed in Draenor when Ner'zhul sent emissaries to various locations of the soon-to-be broken world, Durotan was just inaugurated as chieftain of the Frostwolves and would've been only in his early to mid 20s at that time. And about the abilities, both of them don't quite fit. Durotan is too honorable to have savage skills as seen in the first set, but he's neither a shaman to have the second. I think a mixture of both would fit. He's a warrior though he's very spiritual. As stated in the Rise of the Horde novel by Christie Golden, Durotan couldn't communicate nor see Great Grandfather Tal'kraa(Mother Kashur's great grandfather), an ancestral shaman of the Frostwolf Clan, and was stated that Durotan wasn't chosen for the path of the shaman. Durotan shouldn't deal with shamanistic spells since he isn't a shaman. Being spiritual and being a shaman are two very different things y'know. Now between the two of us, who's lazy now? I've used that model on several occasions and it just doesn't have the personality and the feel that Durotan expresses. It doesn't have the original concepts.

Arrakoas are great ( I don't like sabrecat as part of Arrakoas)

Well again according to lore, the Sabrecats are part of the standard Arakkoan society since they regularly roam the streets of Skettis, the city built by Terokk as a refuge for those abused and wronged by the wicked Adherents of Rukhmar. I don't even know how the Blackwind Sabrecats got to Skettis but I'm not gonna go against it like you since it's Blizzard's lore which I am VERY strict about.

but I don't like some of those Ogres ! First, Beastmaster is half orc-half ogre,

Umm hello? Don't you think I know that? The Mok'nathal (half-ogre/half-orc if you're not familiar with the term) have existed prior to the formation of the original Orcish Horde. Remember, the ogres kept orc slaves everywhere since they were the second race (the first being the dead Arakkoan Empire, the Apexis) to establish a successful empire and having orc slaves around meant having both male and female orcs and since there are a lack of females in the ogre population, the ogres didn't have anyone or anything to satisfy their lust. Guess what? They're not actually as stupid as we thought they were since they used female orcs for breeding (Logic since it's impossible for orc males to have sexual intercourse with ogre females twice their size and back then the orcs valued their honor very much) and that resulted to the birth of the Mok'nathal. If you don't believe this a perfect example is the daughter of Blackhand, Griselda, and her ogre lover, the lord of the Deadmine Ogres Brigade, Turok. Well of course when Blackhand found out they were both executed.

Champion is too simple, maybe use that Norinard's model?

You're doing it again man. Can't you just appreciate the models? I know, I already have Norinrad's model (the Ogre Gladiator) but it doesn't fit since it's a gladiator. Ogres didn't have Gladiator classes back then since they used orc slaves for gladiator fights for entertainment before instead of their own people. Watch the Lords of War: Kargath for proof of this.

Same goes for mage, there is one better on this site !

This was from the original FoD resources. I don't need a better one since all the rest are either too exaggerated or don't meet the standards I want in a model. I've tried a lot of models in my day and this is the only one that fits perfectly.

And btw, Garrosh is not a blademaster, he is actually warlord, only Burning Blade clan had blademasters in the old horde !

Umm hello? Garrosh wasn't in the old Horde remember? He remained in the mag'har village Garadar with Jorin Deadeye and Greatmother Geyah. He must've trained as a Blademaster there since the village's inhabitants were from various clans that wanted peace. Or were you referring to Grom?

EDIT:
@Zenonoth, I like the idea of what these people are suggesting about Gul'dan. His class should be called something like Shadow Councilor instead of Grand Warlock since it sounds cooler and is more lore-wise.

Last edited:
Level 15
Ye, I was referring to Grom. About those models, I saw that model in-game, near normal wc3 characters and it doesn't look out of place at all, at least for me. Well my opinion against your opinion. About spells, I admit I am not that familiar whit Durotan, but he asked to pick 1 skillset from those 2, and if I need to choose one from those two, I would pick second, and if you are speaking about lore, then it was maker's mistake, because he choose shaman-like spells for non-shaman character (not knowing lore then). About sabercats, so they wanted to add some random creature to Skettis, they chose sabrecats(they could add ogres and now you would call them part of the Arrakoas?) and they are part of Arrakoas? There is no need to try to be smartass, and trying to explain to me some basic stuff, like you did for Mok'nathals, because I knew everything you said about them... About model I am 50/50 here... For that Gladiator, I just cannot believe how stupid that reason is. Because that model is called Gladiator you must call him Gladiator in you map too? About mage, I don't know what to say, you can use that model, but he is just too simple for me...
Btw, if someone is not agreeing whit you, you don't need to be butthurt too much about it...

Level 12

Ye, I was referring to Grom. About those models, I saw that model in-game, near normal wc3 characters and it doesn't look out of place at all, at least for me. Well my opinion against your opinion. About spells, I admit I am not that familiar whit Durotan, but he asked to pick 1 skillset from those 2, and if I need to choose one from those two, I would pick second, and if you are speaking about lore, then it was maker's mistake, because he choose shaman-like spells for non-shaman character (not knowing lore then). About sabercats, so they wanted to add some random creature to Skettis, they chose sabrecats(they could add ogres and now you would call them part of the Arrakoas?) and they are part of Arrakoas? There is no need to try to be smartass, and trying to explain to me some basic stuff, like you did for Mok'nathals, because I knew everything you said about them... About model I am 50/50 here... For that Gladiator, I just cannot believe how stupid that reason is. Because that model is called Gladiator you must call him Gladiator in you map too? About mage, I don't know what to say, you can use that model, but he is just too simple for me...
Btw, if someone is not agreeing whit you, you don't need to be butthurt too much about it...

Oh what you were offended? Looks like sensitivity got the best out if you. Well the two of us have totally two different perspectives of viewing models. I just prefer organizing models... in their proper places. And what? Is it wrong to point out the mistakes in the spells? Guess not. Why do you think they put the Sabercats in Skettis? Oh right.. for the adventurers who explore Skettis to have an exotic pet bred by the Arakkoa. See that? It's a pet of the Arakkoa. I'd LOVE to see an Ogre pet/mob roaming around in Skettis and fighting for the Arakkoa(who are few in numbers) but sadly Blizzard wasn't that random to implement it in-game. Why do you think they named those pets "Blackwind"? Cuz they're BRED BY THE ARAKKOA. Then what would you have me name it then? Bone Crusher? Earthshaker? Berserker? Champion? Warlord? Imperator? What do you think I'd name a model that looks like a Gladiator when I already have the names listed above in use? Arena Fighter? Sounds lame :p

And I never implied that you were illogical, you thought that all by yourself. BTW, this is a project thread? What do you think I'd put here? I put that stuff there to support the original lore, not to make a fool out of you. My comment may have offended you because it was directed at you, but it was actually to educate the people of this thread.

Last edited:
-------------------
NEW REQUIREMENT
-------------------

_ Need a Reskin for the Far Seer model where his beard is dark green or dark brown instead of white.
_ It'd be also nice if you could add him a blindfold like a Demon Hunter but that's optional

+ Rep & In-game Credits to the one who does this.

Attachments

• HeroFarseer.blp
    73.6 KB · Views: 149
  • HeroFarSeer.mdx
    130.7 KB · Views: 151
  • HeroFarSeer_portrait.mdx
    21.8 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.