• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well remaking old campaign is good and has many good aspects such as improving or finishing the campaign but has some bad aspects such as , the world forget about the original campaign and forget about the work of the original maker

Level 23
I've just check the triggers; and tested the map, and nothing happened again... For fix the problem of the quest givers, they will be invulnerable. Maybe in this new version such problem don't happen. I just hope so...

@kakuzu; maybe, but it's good remake campaign and fix the things, he will be in the credits as well, and his campaign is uploaded here yet.

Level 12
@Forsaken Yeah it is good that you want to remake this campaign and i like your idea , i just say that remaking old campaign also have a little bad part , i mean the best exemple is Shards of Rezistance,

Level 23
@kakuzu, yea, maybe.

Just new screenshots, chapter two is nearly done, just need to finished some parts of the terrain! :)

20jjr09.jpg

291nad5.jpg

2vb4zlv.jpg

16bbksk.jpg

Level 12
Look really good so far , keep it work ! Also i said that Shards of Rezistance is the best exemple because most of the people forgot about Lord Soze and his original campaign but i never saw the original campaign so i cannt judge the quality or the effort put in the original campaign , but MedMapGuy did a nice job

I would try to limit the number of imports, give the campaign a very blizz/vanilla feel. Which is what drew me to it originally, the imports were used effectively (in most cases) and only when necessary for lore, gameplay etc purposes. But, I'm sure Forsaken will strike the balance right.

One question, how did Macielos do the caravan ability/triggers?

Wayyy better than it was before. Great job Forsakie, I like what I'm seeing :D

Tip:
1. Try adding some Ashenvale canopy trees too in that forest (chapter 3).
2. You could also use some tinted river rushes to add more vegetation to it.
3. As for the house, well you should tint the ruined house models to something like 170 170 170 to make it look more ruined.

I know that it would add another nice touch and more natural feeling to it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also, someone has some idea of what kind of spell I could use for Inaylia? Her new model will be: Human Assassine.

I'll just guess that she's assassin/shadow like. Feel free to correct me if that's wrong.

Ultimate: Assassin's Strike (either 50% chance to deal 4-times damage or an ability like Thunder Bolt, dealing 500 damage and stunning for 5 (2.5) seconds.

Ordinary Ones:
- Mana Burn (always good)
- Evasion
- Master of Shadows (Summons one (or more) Shadow(s) to fight for the hero)
- Adrenaline Rush (increases both attack and movement speed)

Level 12
Maybe this :
Shadow Stalker (similar with bladesmaster wind walk )
Mortal strike ( a powerfull single attack who deal damage and stunt )
Assassin cunning (permanently increse hero agility )
Ultimate : Fury of Kasar (double attack damage for a set time )
or Shadow wave (release a shadow wave who damage enemy units in a line )

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Well, well, it's good to see that work on my old campaign's remake is advancing so quickly. I'm really impressed with Forsaken's enthusiasm for refreshing old projects such as mine.

You discussed unit models you'd change. Of course it is up to Forsaken to make the final choices, but here are my suggestions:
- Human Assassine for Inaylia seems fine
- New priest/cleric looks nice
- I don't know why there are so many suggestions to replace Colonel Alinthor's model. The current one looks very "lordaeronish" and was generally liked. It is not as common and generic as, e.g. Royal Captain. That's good Forsaken decided to keep it.
- IMO archer and crossbowman's models should remain unchanged. They shouldn't look like Gondorian heavily-armoured archers (like some models suggested as replacements), they are common Lordaeron soldiers, militia, even villagers who grabbed weapons to fight against the Scourge.

One question, how did Macielos do the caravan ability/triggers?
The caravan's route consists of several tiny regions. A horse which enters a region receives an order to proceed to the next one. A hero has a unique ability clicking on which makes the horses pause/unpause. This way I can stop and move the caravan any moment without the need to give orders for each horse every time.

I do not protect my maps (I hate the idea of damaging the map just to prevent someone from seeing its mechanisms from inside), so feel free to open old Exodus map file and check it yourself ;).

Good luck, Forsaken :).

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
A lot to do, not enough time :). I had a plan to create another Warcraft campaign, this time about the undead, I also made a few Brood War-style maps for Starcraft 2 (although I didn't release them), but I don't want to get involved in several projects only to give them up later. Right now I am focused on something different, a huge project for a space-sim game Freespace 2. Perhaps I will create something for Warcraft after it's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.