• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Eurica : The Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurica-Cover.jpg

Assassinate-MI.jpg

-- Map Info --

Eurica is a Single Player altered-melee map made by sole-map-maker Strydhaizer (previously known as "Stryderzero").The map was just an improvement of the original blizzard melees, now with simpler techtree and training system, also the highlight of the map is the realistic environment and units that you will surely enjoy. Not going so far from the traditional melee system, you will still grab gold and lumbers as well as base expansions. I also implemented a natural storm, which strikes anytime during the game, however it is just part of environment/atmosphere design, it does not affect the gameplay.

Why did you title it "Eurica"? Well, because i made Europe and American landmarks and landscape as my reference. It is supposed to be titled Aseurica, but the name quite sucks.

The development of the map took 8-9 months to finish, however i am not able to achieve the "expected output" of the map. The map was suppose to have 4 players (User and the 3 Computer AIs), however because of 10 fps lag during the alpha, the only 3 players are left (The User and the 2 Computers).

The map is already playable, but expect that there will be more to come in the future. (See the list below)

For the future updates (Not yet implemented), there will be:
-The Templars Content (A new race, which will be more on magic-attack units) - Techtree is already done, but not yet imported to the map
-The Future Content (A new race and improved environment design, there will be sci-fi stuffs in the map and offcorase sci-fi units available in this race) - Techtree is already done, but not yet imported to the map
-The Mid-East Content (A new race, more on desert theme units) - Techtree is already done, but not yet imported to the map
-The Ion Storm Content (Basically, it is just an improvement of the Storm System, but with lightnings that randomly strikes in the map)
(Contents will be updated and implemented soon)
etc...

So far there is only one race implemented in this map, yet i put alot of effort to build that race (though the game is hero-less, meaning, the game is focused on massive warfare) For the first race, i named them "The Barbarians", which is a mix of orc and human units. The Scars of Conflict Resources made an appearance aswell. The Barbarians race is mostly a mix of Mr. Goblin, morbent and FrIky's skins, you will easily recognize them by being dark-brown colored units. While the plan is to have 2 race to choose from, the Templars will make an appearance in the future, which will take 67chrome's skin to texturize the blizzard models, expect that there will be more magical and wizardy theme when they come.

The Caribbean is the first location that i've made, there will be a desert themed terrain aswell that will be showcased soon, i titled it "Eurica : The Constantine" which is already in progress.

The map was basically inspired on the environment of the Assassins Creed, for the Caribbean, i used AC4 as a reference and for the Constantine, the AC Revelations. For the environment, camera and gameplay design, i based it on Starcraft II, Napoleon Total War and Diablo 3 games, i aimed for the realism, enabled and calculated shadows, dark theme environment and fantasy design.

I am glad that i am able to do it by myself, i consider the project as my first successful playable-project i've ever done in my history. Special thanks to Gismo, without him,i will not be able to finish it, so i give him a big thanks for the project (i credited him for the AI and Trigger fixes)

Yes it is a Beta, but the gameplay is already stable and playable, not too many bugs when played, so i hope i am not breaking the rule of the map section.

-- Map Rating --

Map Rating is for 13+ years old and up.

Map contains bloods and gores, racism, strong language, sexual words that is not suitable for younger players.
If you know yourself that you're a immatured player, then im not forcing you to not to play my map, this map is for everyone, but if you're easily offended then don't play the map.

Please consider everything as a joke, it is just a game, it will surely don't offend innocent people.

THREAD IS STILL IN WIP AND WILL BE UPDATED ONCE I RELEASE IT.

Assassinate-S.jpg

Note : The trees are destructable. You will notice that the trees have same scales and a bit repetitive.

Landmark : Magnus Aquila Windmill

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-41-35.jpg

Landmark : Galata Lighthouse

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-29-27.jpg

Landmark : De Valkemiere Tower (and Village)

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-35-89.jpg

Landmark : Titan's Colloseo

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-43-41.jpg

Landmark : Big Dave Clock

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-24-69.jpg

Area : Another village

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-26-78.jpg

Area : Forest Area

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-49-44.jpg

Area : River Area

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-47-41.jpg

Area : Lake Area

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-51-05.jpg

Area : Southcoast Spawn Point

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-26-45-47.jpg

Note : The following screenshots are old-version of the map/outdated.

Player gathering resources

226575-albums7453-picture98962.jpg

146309d1435379258-project-eurica-caribbean-wip-war3-2015-06-27-12-26-24-49.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071815_165449_04.jpg

AI preparing for an attack

WC3ScrnShot_071815_165638_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071815_165438_03.jpg

AI destroying the towers using their artilleries

WC3ScrnShot_071815_165325_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071815_165822_06.jpg

Full Map View

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-12-00-14.jpg

Landmark Locations

worldedit121%202015-07-19%2017-12-00-14E.jpg

Assassinate-CL.jpg

V.0.1.0 - July 14 2015
-Uploaded in the pastebin for pre-alpha testing (Only trusted friends have it)
-Fixed the 10 fps lag (with Gismo359)
v.0.1.1 - July 18 2015
-Fixed minor bugs and mispelled descriptions.
v.0.1.2 - July 19 2015
-Fixed the version multiboard
v.1.0.0 - July 22 2015
-Updated the icons
-Fixed some of descriptions
-Re-balanced the artillery units
-Re-balanced buildings
-Now leaving the alpha stage, we're now in BETA.
-Removed the useless multiboard

Assassinate-C.jpg

Project made by Strydhaizer. (Environment Artist, Gameplay Design, everything)
Special Thanks to : Gismo359 (Trigger and AI Fix) and Fingolfin (Models for environment)

Credits :
-Berz-
bigapple90
Cavman
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Dalharukin
Dentothor
Deolrin
Destructor [DOR]
D.ee
Dmitry Rommel
DonDustin
EfReeZe
Fingolfin
FrikY
General Frank/Frankster
-Grendel
!!GORO!!
Heinvers
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Kimbo/Kimberly/Werewulf
kola
L_Lawliet
Malvodion
Marcos DAB
Mobilize
morbent
Mr.Goblin
PeeKay
Pins
Pyramidhe@d
Shrik
Shyronyi
-Stygian-
The_Silent
Tobyfat
viiva
Whitehorn
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
4eNNightmare

Names above were from different forums like Hiveworkshop.com , Chaosrealm.info, XGM.guru and WC3C.net.

[R][R][R][R][R][R]

[R][R][R][R][R][R]

Last edited:

Old version is v.0.1.2

Download link below... Please give suggestion, comments and criticisms.

Current version is v.1.0.0

-Updated the icons
-Re-balanced buildings

Attachments

• [1]Eurica - The Caribbean v.0.1.2~lock.w3x
    17.3 MB · Views: 90
  • [1]Eurica - The Caribbean v.1.0.0~lock.w3x
    17.3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Level 31
Great terrain as expected from you. It looks odd though, it says Caribbean and in screenshots I see snow?

I suppose this is not a melee map, but altered melee map.

Map Contains bloods and gores, racism, strong language, sexual contents that is not suitable for younger players.
If you know yourself that you're a immatured player, then im not forcing you to not to play my map, this map is for everyone, but if you're easily offended then don't play the map.
You should be careful with that, it may not get approved if it contains something rough.

Caribbean and in screenshots I see snow?
Well, a fantasy-themed Caribbean :) Snowing in the equator, yes. The weather mixes with rainfall aswell.

If you look at early development screenshot, you will see a summer-type lighting, without snows, the atmosphere is boring and lifeless. Well, you're a terrainer too and you will understand what i exactly mean :)

You should be careful with that, it may not get approved if it contains something rough.
Well, it's not that rough to be honest, it has some bad words but it is just for fun, no one's going to be offended :)

Great terrain as expected from you.

---
Thread updated for grammar fixes and new screenshots.

Last edited:
Level 12
So , this map will have some influences from the pirates of the caribbean movie ?

We're now leaving the alpha and opening the beta testing for everyone.

Current version is v.1.0.0
Changelog

-Updated the icons
-Re-balanced buildings

---

I think no one likes it :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.