• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Escape / Maze] Escape Builder Reloaded 0.80 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi folks,
Me and my friend Kari basically revamped my old version of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/escape-builder-r-0-64c-184964/ with WurstScript and added lots of new features while doing it.

Before releasing it to the public it would be nice if you guys could help me beta-test it and report upcoming errors(best with screenshot/replay) or suggestions.

-Escape Builder [Reloaded]-
23o11.jpg

Gameplay

The players are split into 2 teams, the Builders and the Escapers.

For the Escapers the map plays like a normal Escape, they pick one of 4 Heros, each with 2 different Spells and run/jump/slide through a maze full of traps and monsters.

The Builders in the other hand have a kinda unique task, creating a maze for the Escapers ingame, with plenty of different objects and units.
The Maps Terrain is split into 4 Starting Mazes( the 1st one is static and the second one is a randomed out of 3) and 17 free regions.
Any Builder can claim a Region, buying a Terrain at the Region Administration.
Every Builder also has his own Builder, Terrainmenus and Unit Spawner, which provide the essentials for building mazes.

Facts

NameEscape Builder Reloaded
LanguageEnglish
Player2-11
MapsizeSmall
AuthorFrotty
Coded InWurstScript
Protected?yes

Screenshots

• Not all Hotkeys are correct
  • Not all escapers have 2 useable spells
  • Not all tooltips are done

Attachments

• Escape Builder[R] 0.81s.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Level 23
Not really.
This offers way more possible objects and features and also can be created/played ingame, imo the tool is rather limited xD.
Only 11 players because I use brown for some things like startmazes.
maze keeping is useless, I could implement it with the preloadbug and could have done so long ago, but why? The goal is to create a new maze ingame and not just load, what fun is that as builder?
Why free areas? Does it matter? No
You need Areas for visibility and also having boundaries is liked by many players.

Useless to keep the map ? But what's the interest of creating if you can't play it when you want ?

The tool's only limits are the world editor/jngp's limits. You can still combine the tool and your mapping skills to do a even better map.

Also, you should really locust patrolling units.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/crab-slide-v1-2-a-219856/?prev=status%3Da%26u%3DVladadamm http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dinosaur-slide-v1-1-a-225239/?prev=status=a&u=Vladadamm http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/slide-garden-226356/?prev=status=a&u=Vladadamm

Level 2
Hey, cool!
I wrote you on the streamsite, this is not the newest version, I now uploaded it.
If you want we can play together after your current game :)
Are you playing bnet, garena or rubnet?

Playing on Garena, but kinda rarely(playing APB, DotA2 and etc right now).
But yep, we can play another game :)

UPD1: I think not, time for some -cm.

Level 2
So, how about some ideas about escapers?

1) Fast Escaper
+ Fastest MS from all
+ Ignores Collision
+ Respawns 3 times faster(on unreleased Boss Mode)
- Lowest HP from all
- Can't pick up Boots Of Speed
- Taking 1.5x Poison Damage

Abilities:
1) Aura Of Speed - Passive: Increases MS of all Escapers by 2/4/6%. Aura stacks. Active: Increases MS by MAX for 3 seconds. After this - Escaper will be Exhausted, and will have his MS slowed for 33% for another 2 seconds.

2) Evasion - Passive: If EscaperKiller touches you, you got 7/9/11% to survive the touch with 1 HP. Active: Activates Shield, who will protect you from 1-time-damage-touch. While Shield persists, Passive part is disabled. Long CD.

3) Tricky Hands - Passive: If you're touching Revive Point you got 7/9/11% chance to permanently reset all of your cooldowns.

4) Gamble! - Active: Freezes all Escapers(except him) on current area, and creating "dice"(so, playing with Builder). If Escaper wins - he teleporting on next Revive Point. If Escaper loses - he teleporting on beginning of the maze, deactivating all Revive Points(if he touched).

5) Disarm - Active: Disarms an Escape Killer for 2/3.5/5 seconds, so if Escapers will touch him, they will not die.

6) Smoke Screen- Active: Reveals all Circles around Escaper(200-300 AoE) for 3/4/5 seconds.

7) Sacrifice - Active: Escaper can give 25/50/75% of his MS to any targeted Escaper, making target much stronger. Can be turned on/off(after 60 sec. ON cd)

2) Holy Escaper
+ Can cure Poison status
+ Can set small Revive-Point
- Moderate MS
- Moderate HP
- Can't acquire Ankh Of Reincarnation

1) Cure - Passive: Increases HP Regen Rate for 0.1/0.2/0.3 per sec. Active: Removes Poison Debuff from Escaper, healing him for 20/50/80 HP. 140 AoE

2) Sanctuary - Active: Places a shield on all Escapers in 300 AoE, making them invulnerable. If Escapers trying to leave 300/400/500 AoE zone, they will teleported back to Holy Escaper. Duration - 10 seconds. All Escapers are silenced.

3) God's Word - Active: Creating a shield, which will block next 1/2/3 instances of Damage. Passive: All Escapers will have increased their HP by 25/50/75.

4) Guardian Angel - Passive: Escaper has 25% to ignore any damage.

5) Ressurection - Active: Places a small Revive Point on Escaper location. Any Escaper, who will ressurect on this point, will have increased HP and MS by 100 for 10 seconds. Holy Escaper will receive 1/2/3 Faith Points for any revived ally.

6) Purge - Active: Protects all Escapers on the zone for (Faith Points/3) seconds. While they're protected, they can't die, but they will take all damage after end of this spell.

7) Sacrifice - Active: Escaper can give 25/50/75% HP to another Escaper, making him stronger. Can be turned off anytime.

3) Ice Escaper
+ Best stats on Ice
- Useless to team
- Slowest attack(Boss Mode)
- Hard to play

1) Ice Glide - Active: Increases Ice Sliding Speed for 20/40/60% for 2/3/4 seconds.

2) Jump - Active: Troll ignores all damage, while he is on Ice on next second.

3) Ice Synergy - Passive: Slows all Escape Killers for 10/20/30%, if they're on Ice.

4) Blizzard - Active: Disables all Boss Abilities for 1/2/3 second.

5) Frost Blast - Passive: When killed, Escaper has 22% chance to instant respawn on death point, and making him invulnerable for 2 seconds, if he died on Ice.

6) Freeze - Active: Turns targeted Ice point into Walkable point for 3/4/5 seconds.

7) Frost Armor - Active: Places a Shield on targeted Escaper. If this Escaper will die on Ice, he will respawn on last Walkable point before Ice.

4) Strong Escaper
+ Best durability
+ Can kill Escaper-Killers.
+ Can provoke.
- Lowest MS
- Slowest turn-rate.
- Slowest Escaper on Ice pathing.
- Can't use Sacrifice

1) Provoke - Active: Provokes Boss to attack him for 2/3/4 seconds.

2) Impaling Attack - Active: Using this ability will kill Escaper-Killer. Can be used 2/3/4 times on this Zone.

3) Praetorian Armor - Passive: Has 11% chance to block any damage. Active: Increases HP by 200/300/400, while losing 50% of his Current MS. While active, Escaper Killers can't kill him. Duration - 2/3/4 sec.

4) Boost Morale - Passive: Increases all Escaper Damage by 3/6/9%. Boosts stacks.

5) Ghost Army - Active: Stuns the target for 1/2/3 seconds.

6) Last Stand - Passive: If Escaper taking lethal damage, he will live another 5/7/9 seconds, and then - he will die. Escaper can't activate Revive Points.

7) Shield - Passive: Strong Escaper will deflect 50% damage back to enemy. Active: If activated, Strong Escaper will become invulnerable, while he's not moving. After next Move-order, he will run with Max MS for 5 seconds, but he will be stunned for another 5 seconds after end of the spell.

Level 14
I really like your ideas, and its pretty good that you could write 7 abilities for all of them, since we were lacking ability ideas for escapers.

Before I start rating the abilities, i would like to point out, that Escape Builder is not about beating the maze, its about playing the maze. The Builder practically has infinite power over escapers, he can make impossible mazes very easily. This is unavoidable, but it also gives the game a new purpose: Try to do hard, but exciting mazes for escapers.
This is why you can't look at the EBR gameplay as a 'war' between the builders and escapers.

1) Some of your abilities was about slowing, killing, avoiding an Escaper Killer. I thought a lot about making abilities like this before, but its not a good idea, since the Builder might use killers as blockers. For example, you have to "scare away" a wolf in the middle of the road with executers. If you was able to pass this wolf with luck, and your abilities, the maze would be passed without putting any effort in it.
The builders always lack of time. Imagine what happens if Escapers start passing the mazes in 10 seconds. They would run out of time real soon. The same goes for the Gambling ability
As for slowing killers, its a possibility, we could add that.

2) The standard mazes are not damage based. Only Lava and Poison uses HP system, otherwise its instant death. I think its the best to leave the standard mazes like they are now, and only add Damage systems to the Boss region.
Boss region could be great if it contained those damage abilities you wrote. I think we will add them if we get there :p

3) The ones i like the most were the Sacrifice abilities. This is something that needed to be add right now :D It greatly increases teamwork between escapers, and makes the game fun to play. Its an idea i didnt think of before, but i like it very much!! So yea i would like to see this in the game.
Manipulating the builder's maze (make walkable texture, cure poison) by escapers is not a good idea, since that poison infection could be the key in finishing the maze. But abilities acting with other escapers are desirable! Shielding each other, speeding each other up, or tp to each other could work very well. I think this should be added.

Anyway, the final decision is not only mine, but i would really like to thank you again for the lot of effort you put in figuring out these abilities! Something like this motivates the creator to continue the project!

Thank you!

Level 2
Well, all the abilities i wrote, have very long CD, so Escaper got a choice - use the ability to pass difficult place, or store it for later.

So - if Escaper can't pass a very difficult place(lack of skill mb), he can use...Gamble and try to win.

Level 23
Well, all the abilities i wrote, have very long CD, so Escaper got a choice - use the ability to pass difficult place, or store it for later.

So - if Escaper can't pass a very difficult place(lack of skill mb), he can use...Gamble and try to win.

It's like kari said - the abilities don't fit into the gameplay.
Gamble especially.
THere are other problems with it, too, like how do we determine which Checkpoint is the "next" ?

The other abilities are nice tho, thanks alot.

Level 2
Anyway, you need kinda con/pro of Escapers to make some mazes more difficult/easier to other Escapers.

Level 26
With a few milestones, the map has become better and better. For the builders, it offers a set of possibilities now. Still, it requires a lot of time to elaborate a sophisticated maze, which is why the builders always run against time in order to not make the escapers wait. A solution would be to insert some minigame or more sandbox distraction, also because the escapers lack flexibility, are therefore bored. With the exception of poison and lava, you are finished for when blundering into the slightest touch of an obstacle. In addition, improving and simplifying the visualization now would benefit the gameplay. Since most is concealed to the escaper, they kind of have trouble to estimate and remember the patrol points of enemies for example. Some standardizations could exist like arrows on the ground or chickens and rabbits do not completely move randomly but change direction after a fixed time or when bumping into a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.