• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Shooting / FPS] Elimination Cooperative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Elimination Cooperative

Elimination Cooperative is a cooperative third person shooter much like Elimination Tournament. In this map, instead of fighting your human opponents, you must fight of the hordes of enemy undead units which have taken over the lands. To do so, you have an array of weapons to your disposal, as well as items. The enemy undead units will not only be mindless zombies following you around the map, but will instead also feature an elaborate artificial intelligence system.

It has been years since the idea of this map first sprouted, and I've only recently picked it back up. So far, it's going well! The AI is superhard, so I will have to tone it down a notch!

So far, about 4/5 of the map is finished. The following enemies (all with their own specific AI!) are thus far appearing in the map:

Enemies
Undead Enemies:

BTNZombie.JPG
Zombie
This is the standard zombie enemy. Once you've been noticed, he will not stop until he has eaten your flesh!
BTNDalaranMutant.JPG
Mutant
This enemy is like the Zombie, but has higher HP and is slightly faster.
BTNGhoul.JPG
Ghoul
A slightly more intelligent enemy. This ghoul will dodge your bullets.
BTNSkeletonWarrior.JPG
Skeleton
This one is actually a very agile, deadly sack of bones. Has very low HP.
BTNSkeletalOrc.JPG
Skeletal Warrior
Like the skeleton. Also very agile, but is a bit beefier.
BTNSkeletonArcher.JPG
Skeletal Archers
Ranged enemy. These archers shoot (flaming) arrows at you! Very fragile when in the front range, but deadly from the back.
BTNAbomination.JPG
Abomination
Slow and clumsy at first. But: be careful when this unstoppable monstrosity picks up speed.
BTNNecromancer.JPG
Necromancer
This undead spellcaster may have a few tricks up his sleeve to defeat you. Don't let his weak appearance fool you!
BTNGhost.JPG
Ghost
Slow, but somehow quite hard to hit. Can focus the energy of the aether to fight you.

Mutant Critters:

BTNMurgulShadowCaster.JPG
Murgul
Also affected by the undead, these nice critters want nothing but blood. Fast, dodgy, and agile.
BTNMurgulBloodGill.JPG
Murgul ensnarer
Like the Murgul, but equiped with a net to ensnare you!

Unaffected:

BTNRifleman.JPG
Rifleman Survivor
This survivor no longer trusts anyone. He may seem like you, but be careful, he will kill you for supplies!

Here are some screenshots of the different development versions, so you can see the progress! Enjoy.
Screenshots

dev3:
dev3_battlingtheundead.jpg
dev3_grenade.jpg
dev3_mindlesszombies.jpg
dev3_superhard.jpg
dev3_theburningdead.jpg
dev4:
dev4_almost.jpg
dev4_enemy rifler.jpg
dev4_ouch.jpg
dev5:
dev5.jpg
dev5_1flashbang.jpg
dev5_2shotgunlevel.jpg
dev5_3pursuit.jpg
dev5_4grenade.jpg
dev5_5necro.jpg
dev6:
dev6.jpg
dev6_cave1.jpg
dev6_cave2.jpg
dev6_ghost1.jpg
dev6_ghost2.jpg
dev7:
dev7.jpg
dev7_enterhall.jpg
dev7_enterhall2.jpg
dev7_hall1.jpg
dev7_hall2.jpg
dev7_hall3.jpg
dev7_hallstairs.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Blimb (aka iNfraNe)

Credits:
- TurieL: Rifleman Elite model
- Will the Almighty: Explosion models
- Felz_09: tileset
- xXm0rpH3usXx: various models
- Teaspoon: barricade & barbwire models
- General Frank: item models
- Fingolfin: flashbang model
- olofmoleman: moria models
- InfernalTater: Stone block models
- Mc!: key item
- Nasrudin: Tree
- Pinachet diablo 3 models

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey namnume123,

Thanks for your response.

I do not plan on releasing an alpha version of the map. The map is basically done far enough to be released as a beta/late beta. I prefer people to play it as a finished product, instead of coming near the end of the map and just finding out it hasn't been finished yet.

However, it won't take too long to reach the end. I just need to find the time to finish it up :) Once it is playable from beginning to end, I will release it and then it's time for improvements.

Blimb

Level 6
Thanks! I'm not familiar with Zombie Hunters, but I guess the game-type should be similar. I'll check it out.

I'll try to balance it more or less single player as well. It's meant to be played with at least 2 players, just because its more fun then :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Intriquing! Did you get to take a look at the map I send you? There's probably something in there that you could use for this :wink:

I loved Elimination Tournament! And I will definitely be on lookout for this! Keep up the good work man!

elaborate artificial intelligence system.
Love good AI <3 Will there be a kind of specially scripted boss fight?

Level 6
I didnt find the time to check it yet archian, but I will soon :)

there already are :) Well, scripted.. I mean, I prefer the "bosses" to be more or less like normal units, but stronger. So they will most likely not have like a "pattern" they follow or something. They will however have special abilities/attacks :) Besides, if the behaviour is "scripted", its not a very intelligent unit, now is it? :)

Level 6
line of sight atm is just wc3 line of sight. The enemies however have a cone-sight for noticing you. You can atm shoot through trees, but that will change.

The rifleman will have no abilities. Indeed all will be through items. They will not be reusable, except for the weapons.

I will "probably" redo the outdoor parts to be more awesome. The terrain is kinda iffy atm there.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Elimination Cooperative is a cooperative..
Plot twist!

Also, isn't third person shooting misleading (judging by the few screenshots I looked at)? As far as I know this is third person:
beach_02.jpg

And this is top-view / strategic view (Aka what Warcraft 3 use by default):
8628.jpg

Enough rant, the terrain looks quite pleasing.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I didnt find the time to check it yet archian, but I will soon :)

there already are :) Well, scripted.. I mean, I prefer the "bosses" to be more or less like normal units, but stronger. So they will most likely not have like a "pattern" they follow or something. They will however have special abilities/attacks :) Besides, if the behaviour is "scripted", its not a very intelligent unit, now is it? :)
Touché.

Also, have you thought about traps the player has to avoid, like spike traps, run away from a boulder (indianna jones style), puzzles, fire traps etc. I find such gameplay to be quite pleasing, and I'm sure it would fit the theme of the map nicely.

Level 6
A bit of an update. I don't have much to show because I have been mostly working on the code, and not the terrain. The code I have been working on is shown in the two new screenies. It is a totally functional 2-floor system. The method makes it completely possible for players and/or AI units to walk underneath the second floor, even when another unit is directly "above" them.

sweet second floor system.jpgtwo floors.jpg

Level 14
A bit of an update. I don't have much to show because I have been mostly working on the code, and not the terrain. The code I have been working on is shown in the two new screenies. It is a totally functional 2-floor system. The method makes it completely possible for players and/or AI units to walk underneath the second floor, even when another unit is directly "above" them.

Whoa! That is pretty amazing. Nice job.

Level 6
Looks fun! It would be cool if you could add an option where you can switch between 3rd person and 1st person view.

Status
Not open for further replies.